Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

BenReado

Re: Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

Very happy with this morining's rating changes. Nearly everyone reached spot on their prediction. Later I'll caclutae the exact percentage I got correct.

hi there' date=' any info on fedor and nikita burmistrov, are they likely to rise in the upcoming russian ratings and do you know if burmistrov has moved to luch-energiya on loan or for good ? thanks in advance. :D[/quote']

A bit late to naswer about Fedor because he rose to 82 today. Burmistrov is on loan at Shinnik from CSKA I belive and is doing very well. He has 6 goals from 16 games, and I expect him to rise to 79 later this week (if/when Div 1 is reviewed).

Hi' date=' Ben, nice work... do u know anything about a youngster called Dmitri Poloz, he's 17 & plays for Lokomotiv Moskau II, or Arsen Goshokov at Spartak Nalchik, he's played 10 times in the russian league n scored once: both r under 18 players ?

Goshokov is rated at 75 & 490k, any chance he'll hit 80 ?[/quote']

I haven't watched Poloz play before so can't comment on him currently. Goshokov may get a small rise to 77/78 but probably no higher than that.

What would you consider the chances of +1 for Kerzhakov? He's score quite a few goals, Dynamo are near the top of the table and he's playing for the national team again. But maybe he needs to show consistency over a longer period of time for 90?

How is Aldonin doing? Is he playing regularly?

CSKA were reviewed today and Aldonin managed to keep 88 as I predicted. This season he has played 10 of CSKA's 11 games (getting 2 assists) and also got a national team call up.

What would you consider the chances of +1 for Kerzhakov? He's score quite a few goals' date=' Dynamo are near the top of the table and he's playing for the national team again. But maybe he needs to show consistency over a longer period of time for 90?[/quote']

Kerzhakov has done very well this season undoubtably and is proving to be a grreat buy for Dinamo. Although he's done very well in the league, and also managed to break into the national team (and score 2 goals!), I think he'll stay for now. At the end of the season, if he's still doing very well he's got every chance of breaking the 90 barrier.

Ben ~

Really superb work. You made a bazillion great calls and recommendations, but two that I thought were some of your best were :

(1)
Just toning down the level of hype around Dzagoev for this ratings change and stating that he would only be 88

and

(2)
The drop in A. Berezutsky from the 90 level. It's not often that you see this type of ratings move with a 26 yr old.

Again...great work. This is one of the best threads on the Forum.

Lokomotiv M

3_1_lokomotiv.gif

Name' date=' age, games (goals, assists), minutes, rating, current rating -> prediction

Diniyar BILYALETDINOV, 24, 6 (0,0), 440, 5.42, 90 -> 89

Denis GLUSHAKOV, 22, 9 (3,0), 674, 5.94, 85 -> 87

Dmitri SYCHEV, 25, 9 (0,0), 722, 5.28, 89 -> 88

You heard it first here B).

Nice job BenReado.

Here is a question. I've bought Glushakov ages ago for 40k. Do you think it is wise to cash in on him now? He is worth about 4.2m now. Excluding Glushakov himself, there are two other risers and a single drop, the rest remaining the same.

The highest rated players for Lokomotiv Moskva are:

ODEMWINGIE, Peter 89 (-)

TORBINSKY, Dmitri 89 (-)

BILYALETDINOV, Diniyar 89 (-1)

SYCHEV, Dmitri 88 (-1)

DUJMOVIC, Tomislav 88 (+1)

DURICA, Ján 88 (-)

RODOLFO, Dantas 88 (-)

BASA, Marko 88 (-1)

YANBAEV, Renat 88 (-)

CHARLES, Fernando 87 (-)

COCIS, Razvan 87 (-)

ASATIANI, Malkhaz 87 (-)

KUZMIN, Oleg 87 (-)

CECH, Marek 87 (+1)

As far as I can recall, Glushakov has not played international football for Russia with his last call-up in late 2008. So that is not going to help him with further increment, especially if you consider that Pavel Mamaev and Alan Dzagoev are ahead of him if you don't consider the regulars. Do you see him leaving Russia for a big European club, or have there been credible rumours so far?

What about Ruslan Kambolov? All I know he is a fringe player and only part of the Russian U21 squad. This rating changes, I was hoping for a minimal rise, but he didn't. Is it wise to cash in on him too?

I am going to assume that Dzagoev is a keeper. Thanks in advance.

Nice job BenReado.

Here is a question. I've bought Glushakov ages ago for 40k. Do you think it is wise to cash in on him now? He is worth about 4.2m now. Excluding Glushakov himself' date=' there are two other risers and a single drop, the rest remaining the same.

The highest rated players for Lokomotiv Moskva are:

ODEMWINGIE, Peter [b']89[/b] (-)

TORBINSKY, Dmitri 89 (-)

BILYALETDINOV, Diniyar 89 (-1)

SYCHEV, Dmitri 88 (-1)

DUJMOVIC, Tomislav 88 (+1)

DURICA, Ján 88 (-)

RODOLFO, Dantas 88 (-)

BASA, Marko 88 (-1)

YANBAEV, Renat 88 (-)

CHARLES, Fernando 87 (-)

COCIS, Razvan 87 (-)

ASATIANI, Malkhaz 87 (-)

KUZMIN, Oleg 87 (-)

CECH, Marek 87 (+1)

As far as I can recall, Glushakov has not played international football for Russia with his last call-up in late 2008. So that is not going to help him with further increment, especially if you consider that Pavel Mamaev and Alan Dzagoev are ahead of him if you don't consider the regulars. Do you see him leaving Russia for a big European club, or have there been credible rumours so far?

What about Ruslan Kambolov? All I know he is a fringe player and only part of the Russian U21 squad. This rating changes, I was hoping for a minimal rise, but he didn't. Is it wise to cash in on him too?

I am going to assume that Dzagoev is a keeper. Thanks in advance.

What I'd recomend with Glushakov and Kambolov is to sell them to external clubs so you can buy them back if need be in the future. There's 6 months until the next Russian changes, so plenty of time to be him back if he does get a good transfer or run in the national team. Kambolov is a good player, but Loko now have cover at RB/CB so it may be a year before he gets back into the team. Dzagoev is a player keep for sure.

Definete keep (unless you can sell him to external and buy him back before the next changes)' date=' he's starting ahead of Krasic and is playing very well.[/quote']

So, if everything goes well he would be looking at a 87/88?

Of course depending on League position, performance, etc etc.

I'm guessing that 87/88 is what would be expected, just a guess?

So' date=' if everything goes well he would be looking at a 87/88?

Of course depending on League position, performance, etc etc.

I'm guessing that 87/88 is what would be expected, just a guess?[/quote']

87/88 is probably about right. 88 if he keeps up the form he's in now for the rest of the season.

Zhirkov is thought to be currently in London taking a medical. Providing all goes well with it, he will not play a further game for CSKA and the Russian club will be £18 million better off.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Zhirkov on the left. Early favorites were Krasic (who seems to have lost his place on the right), or Caner who can also play in that position. However it now seems Zico will make a risky move and start Dzagoev in that position (as he did in CSKA's firedly this week). Although Dzagoev offers a lot going forward, it means the left side will be an area that will be very exploitable with teenagers Scheinnikov and Dzagoev. Georgi will miss having the cover Zhirkov gave him or sure. If this doesn't work out for Zico the growing number of critics in the Russian media are going to make his job very dificult for him.

The good news is the Russian season will restart again on Friday after the summer break.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Zhirkov on the left. Early favorites were Krasic (who seems to have lost his place on the right)' date=' or Caner who can also play in that position. However it now seems Zico will make a risky move and start Dzagoev in that position (as he did in CSKA's firedly this week). Although Dzagoev offers a lot going forward, it means the left side will be an area that will be very exploitable with teenagers Scheinnikov and Dzagoev. Georgi will miss having the cover Zhirkov gave him or sure. If this doesn't work out for Zico the growing number of critics in the Russian media are going to make his job very dificult for him.[/quote']

That sounds about right...

He's only been experimenting all year (with FEW positive effects)....why should he change now...

This is a team in need of an overhaul.

I think they should sell the following:

• Krasic (take the big profit)
  • Zhirkov (like Arshavin, he's developed as much as he can in Russia. Time for both him and CSKA to move on)
  • Daniel Carvalho (they would be fools not to sell him after he found his form back this yr)
  • Any of the other dead weight... (Grigoryev, Ricardo Jesus, Odiah, Semberas, etc...)

Sadly you get the feeling that even if they were to sell Zhirkov & Krasic, that it still wouldn't be enough £££££. They might need to part with the one of the pieces that they don't really want to sell in order to be able to fund the necessary changes (Akinfeev, Ignashevich, Vagner Love, Dzagoev).

I have no idea who they should specifically bring in to fill the holes left by those players I mentioned above. However, they can start by getting back involved in Brazilian players who aren't fully ready to compete @ the top levels of Europe just yet (i.e. Elias @ Holding Midfield, Taison @ AM, Sandro @ DM, Neymar @ AM/FWD, etc...).

Ben, you mentioned the following on a thread about Zhirkov to Chelsea :

Have you seen him play? £18 million is a bargain for a player of the class of Zhirkov. If he wasn't bought from Russia his price tag would be in excess of £30 mil. He didn't get shortlisted for the Ballon d'Or last year for no reason. He is superior to both J Cole and Malouda on the wing' date=' and better defensively that Cole, so there's no doubt in my mind he'll be starting. He has everything that is needed from a winger, the pace, dribbling, passing, end product, etc and he'll also help out defensively when Cole is out of position. I may have only seen him playing in Russia and for the NT, but I think he will turn out to be one of the best left sided players in the world. Within 3/4 years all the huge clubs around Europe are going to be gutted they missed out on him.[/quote']

I completely agree. That £18M seems like a joke figure, considering Lescott is going around the same amount, and players of Zhirkov's caliber are going for £30-40M. I said it on that thread, and I'll say it here... I am shocked at the price. Abramovich bargain hunter !! Who would have guessed... Kudos to Chelsea.

Two questions about this :

(1) Tying into my post directly above this one.... Considering that £18M is a low fee for CSKA to receive for Zhirkov (in relation to the going rates of other players), is it enough to fund the changes that CSKA need to make? My initial guess is "No". Considering the prices coming out of Brazil, that £18M would only get you Nilmar and bag of balls.

(2) You alluded to this in your response that I listed above, but why do Russian players sell at a discount ? It's rated the 6th best league in Europe directly after the Bundesliga. Why the discount compared to the rest of Europe?

Was this relatively low Zhirkov valuation a one-time thing, and if so, is the answer as simple as..."When the rest of the world was imploding this past Winter from financial deleveraging, Abramovich was out locking in bargain basement deals for the players from Russia. Essentially he signed this deal in the Winter when the market uncertainty was at it's greatest. It took balls, but he got the deal signed in the Winter for the transfer to take place in the Summer."

I seem to recall that when Jo was sold to City he went for ~£18M. Did that deal sour the market for players coming out of Russia?

Is the Russian discount due to something other than
(A)
Abramovich's business timing and new found penchant for bargains and
(
B)
the Jo over-valuation...and subsequent low return on investment ?

Thanks...

And speaking of Russian transfers... how shrewd does that £16.5M Arshavin purchase look right now. Wegner is a friggin' genius. Guy would have been a world class Trader / Portfolio Manager. World class... Right up there with Stevie Cohen and Steve Mandell.

That said, maybe that price reflects the "Russian Discount" that Ben alluded to...

Looking forward to some insight on all this...(no rush)

• 2 weeks later...

Just come back from my first session pre-season training and will update this thread (and answer questions) after I have had my lunch. Sorry for the delay in answering questions before this, but I've been busy lately catching up with coursework. Now it's the holidays (at long last), so I'll be able to update this a lot more regularly.

• 3 weeks later...

Ben,

what is happening with Dinyar Bilyaletdinov? I thought he had a very good Euro 08 and that he was a future NT fixture. But his rating dropped to 89 last time and this year, up until now, he has played in about half the games of mid-table Lokomotiv Moskow. Has he lost it? Has he been overhyped ?

thanks