Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

BenReado

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

Apparently word is that Zico is on his way out @ CSKA (thank God!!). Dude drives me nuts with his nutcase line-ups. That said, it's tough to see such a move happening before the CL Group Stages start next week. Get a move on...and get someone in there already...

and

It started appearing in Russian rags a few weeks ago before his resignation, but more noise today (this time in Corriere dello Sport) that Spalletti could be heading to Zenit.

Aside: What an extremely lackluster & disappointing Russian season. Seems like ZERO ambition from any of the perennial top clubs. Maybe this chart has something to do with it (ruble down 20% vs the Euro over the past yr). Or the fact that the Russian economy just contracted yet another 10% y/y this past quarter.

ruble.jpg

Zico sacked by CSKA' date=' Juande Ramos to take over :

[url']http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/news/story?id=674841&sec=europe&cc=4716[/url]

Good riddance.

About time... I (as many CSKA fans) were happy when he took over, but he just hasn't liven up to his name. With the results he was getting he had to go. Hopefully Juande will have a good spell there. He's got a team packed full of talent, he just has to exploit it. CSKA might now be without Vagner and Zhirkov, but hopefully the likes of Guilherme, Mark González (ex. Liverpool) and Nika Piliev (very talented 18 years old, U19 International signed from Loko) can replace these players.

Lets hope Juande can get them all playing well in time for the start of the Champions League.

Hi all could anyone tell me if its worth keeping Miguel Danny? I know hes out injured and out for the season and will drop to 88/89. I have him in one of my english setup teams and I have other players I can use if I sell him. I realy rated him before his injury. Is it worth keeping him and hoping he rises to 90/91 he should be IMO or should I just cash in while I still can? Thanks:confused:

Ben, your thoughts on Christian Noboa of Rubin please?

I notice he has played 14 of the 20 matches that Rubin have played in the championship this season and he has also made his international debut for Ecuador in March of this year playing in 6 WC qualifiers and scoring 2 goals in the process.

What with Champions League appearances in the offing too, should we expect a rise in the next Russian changes?

Thanks.

Juande Ramos off to a good start... just about. First half CSKA were nothing special really. Odiah was put right wing and was very poor (as usual). I also thought CSKA lacked a lot of width (but with Krasic and Mark Gonzalez out and Zhirkov, Erkin and Kalouda sold this was always inevitable). Second half Schennikov replaced Odiah, and Guilherme made his debut to make a 3-5-2 formation. After this the game totally changed. Schennikov looked like younger version of Zhirkov on the left wing, he was terrific, wing is surely the position he should stay. Guilherme reminded me of Vagner in many ways. He's a fantastic forward, and a real asset to the team. His 2 goals, and a goal from Necid (keeper mistake), gave CSKA a solid win in the end. Hopefully Juande stickes with the 3-5-2.

Hi all could anyone tell me if its worth keeping Miguel Danny? I know hes out injured and out for the season and will drop to 88/89. I have him in one of my english setup teams and I have other players I can use if I sell him. I realy rated him before his injury. Is it worth keeping him and hoping he rises to 90/91 he should be IMO or should I just cash in while I still can? Thanks:confused:

Danny will most likely drop to 89 due to his long term injury.

How have Spartak done this season' date=' Ben? What are your thoughts on their young striker Pavel Yakovlev, who I notice continues to start alongside Welliton?[/quote']

Spartak are known around Russia as the team who of recent years haven't lived up to their name. At the start of this season it was hardy surprising people were thinking they'd finish 5th/6th once again. However this season's been difference. The signing of Alex along with Welliton really maturing has been the main reason for success imo. They have also this year put their trust in a lot of youngsters who weren't playing regularly, if atall, last season (Dzhanaev - 22, Makeev - 20, Rafael Carioca - 20, Ananidze - 16, Yakovlev - 18, Dzyuba - 21, etc) and this has really paid off imo. Those players are only going to mature and I think it'll be Spartak and CSKA fighting it out between them for the title in coming seasons. The likes of Zenit and Rubin are very old, and will only go down hill imo.

Pavel Yakovlev looks a very talented player. I've been impresed when watching him. He's not a CF who will score goals, but a very useful second striker, winger (which is where he's played often this season) and AM. Him, Alex and Welliton work well together.

Spartak are known around Russia as the team who of recent years haven't lived up to their name. At the start of this season it was hardy surprising people were thinking they'd finish 5th/6th once again. However this season's been difference. The signing of Alex along with Welliton really maturing has been the main reason for success imo. They have also this year put their trust in a lot of youngsters who weren't playing regularly' date=' if atall, last season (Dzhanaev - 22, Makeev - 20, Rafael Carioca - 20, Ananidze - 16, Yakovlev - 18, Dzyuba - 21, etc) and this has really paid off imo. Those players are only going to mature and I think it'll be Spartak and CSKA fighting it out between them for the title in coming seasons. The likes of Zenit and Rubin are very old, and will only go down hill imo.

Pavel Yakovlev looks a very talented player. I've been impresed when watching him. He's not a CF who will score goals, but a very useful second striker, winger (which is where he's played often this season) and AM. Him, Alex and Welliton work well together.[/quote']

So Bystrov's departure has opened the doors for Yakovlev & Ananidze? Who are their other wingers?

Given how successful their 4-2-3-1 system has been, I find it odd that Valery Karpin had been so eager to sign Pavlyuchenko... :confused:

I don't suppose anyone other than me is currently watching the derby between Dyanamo and CSKA? If you are you've got the privilege of watching of CSKA's next HOT talent imerge in front of your eyes. Nika Piliev (age 18)... remember the name, and that you first heard it here, lol :D.

CSKA signed him from Loko in August. He's already played 1 league game for CSKA's rivals although only got 4 minutes. He made his debut for CSKA against Wolfsburg mid week in the Champions League coming on as a sub. He's also a regular at U19 level. I wasn't aware he was even starting today until 10 minutes into the game I saw this new face go on a fantastic run down the wing, skilling out 3 players and then getting fouled. He's looking really promising. You won't regret watching this game. Only 30 minutes gone.

s_98538_932_2008_1.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/rto-live-tv

EDIT: Just put in a superb cross, one of the best I've seen this season, which Krasic really should of scored. He's wearing number 23 btw and playing left wing... Georgi's got competition.

EDIT2: Just showed he can defed as well. Best player on the pitch so far

I don't suppose anyone other than me is currently watching the derby between Dyanamo and CSKA? If you are you've got the privilege of watching of CSKA's next HOT talent imerge in front of your eyes. Nika Piliev (age 18)... remember the name' date=' and that you first heard it here, lol :D.

CSKA signed him from Loko in August. He's already played 1 league game for CSKA's rivals although only got 4 minutes. He made his debut for CSKA against Wolfsburg mid week in the Champions League coming on as a sub. He's also a regular at U19 level. I wasn't aware he was even starting today until 10 minutes into the game I saw this new face go on a fantastic run down the wing, skilling out 3 players and then getting fouled. He's looking really promising. You won't regret watching this game. Only 30 minutes gone.

[img']http://www.transfermarkt.de/bilder/spielerfotos/L/n/s_98538_932_2008_1.jpg[/img]

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/rto-live-tv

EDIT: Just put in a superb cross, one of the best I've seen this season, which Krasic really should of scored. He's wearing number 23 btw and playing left wing... Georgi's got competition.

Thanks for the link. LOL, was just about to ask what number he was wearing, when I saw your edit.

Wooo, almost scored with a header!