CIRO, Silva (80) - 9D

Insider

Re: CIRO, Silva

If Wikipedia isnt right' date=' then where can I find out up to date, correct stats on him?[/quote']

On my thread. There is no website with full Pernambucano stats. Either search for all the match reports, or go to the first/second page of the thread in my sig.

For all those who seem to have a problem with mentionning the interview: Alright, I wont mention it when the NT manager names a 19 year old I've been monitoring. Even if he did name a few others, this thread is about Ciro. I'm sure many on here want me to give that kind of update.

For updates and goals: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=484516&postcount=22

CIRO' date=' Silva[/size']

401.jpg

The first player to watch has just been added to the database this week. Silva CIRO started impressing late in the 2008 season, making 8 sub appearances and 1 as a starter. In 376 minutes, he scored an impressive 4 goals. He was called up because he didn't give Sport Recife any other choice. In the 2008 Campeonato Pernambucano Sub-20 (U-20 provincial championship), he scored 34 goals in 29 matches. He also lead Sport Sub-20 to the final of the Brazilian U20's where they lost to Gremio.

In the first match of the senior regional championships (2009), Ciro scored twice and won a penalty. The 19 year old was the star in Sport Recife's 4-0 win over Vitoria (Not the Serie A team, a weaker one). Also, Sport played their best players, with the notable exeption of Paulo Baier, the new signing from Goias.

Jan 14 edit :

The accolades have kept on falling. In the second Pernambucano match, Ciro was again the center of attention, scoring the winning goal and being the most dangerous player on the pitch.

Jan 29 edit :

Alright, he now has 6 starts out of 6, which is (obviously) tied for the most amongst Sport players. However, more impressive are the 6 goals that he's scored. The fans love this kid, but I just wonder how long he'll be a black N red of Recife.

I did some more digging today, turns out he and Anderson Lessa are great friends. Always top scorers in town from a small age. Also, investors have been making offers to Ciro and Sport, trying to get the kid to play in Europe. This lead Sport to give him a 650% pay raise two weeks ago, then another 300% this week.

Oh, and his buyout clause is 20 million dollars. :D

*Feb 23 Update

Made his Copa Libertadores debut this week, scoring once and setting up the other (with a great setup). The press were all over it, as Sport Recife upset Colo Colo 2-1 in Chile. He's stepping up on the big stage.

Also, Sport Recife have won the opening stages of Campeonato Pernambucano.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ciro already has the Brazilian Press raving, and he is due for a breakout season. Rated 77, he could be a good buy. Watch for updates.

Here is an 8 minute video if you arn't convinced. Most of it is in the youth squad, but at the end, when the music stops, it's his first few apps for the senior team in the top flight.

That thread still doesnt tell me his stats. The last update was from February 23. I don't know how many games, goals, or assists he has.

That thread still doesnt tell me his stats. The last update was from February 23. I don't know how many games' date=' goals, or assists he has.[/quote']

For crying out loud, what do you expect? Click on the link at the top! You know, where it says "for updates, click here"

There, you will have links to all his goal, and you will be able to navigate to the first page of the thread for updated stats. It's fairly straightforward.

I mean, you are in no position to be expecting something. I'm just about the only place on the net where you can find Campeonato stats. So please, show a bit of gratitude.

• 2 weeks later...

Ciro was left on the bench for the last two Pernambucano games, thursday and today, to keep him fresh for the Libertadores double against Palmeiras. He subbed in around the 60 minute mark in both. He scored two thursday and one today. 3 goals in a combined 60 mins.

Wheeee :D

Vids to be added probably tomorrow.

Globo reported less then an hour ago that Shakhtar Donetsk have just made an offer of 15 million USD to Sport Recife for Ciro. The article also speaks of the 10 million offer from Panathinaikos.

http://pe360graus.globo.com/esportes/esportes/sport/2009/04/16/NWS,489101,6,130,ESPORTES,751-SHAKHTAR-DONETSK-QUER-TIRAR-CIRO-SPORT.aspx

Is it a reliable site?

Globo is a go-to site for everything in Brazil. According to Wiki, it's Brazil's largest media group. It's also being reported by a few other sites, I'm expecting it to blow over tonight if it is true like the Elias rumour that blew over today after being reported yesterday :D

I hope it's not true though. I'd rather see him in Lisbon or Lyon. I've had enough of these ex-USSR based teams taking our gems :(

That is very interesting! I saw Ciro didn't play any part in the 2nd Palmeiras game the other night. Could this possible transfer have been a factor? Do they tend to mothball players in Brazil when a big transfer is on the cards?

Good to see Guto coming on and getting some minutes in a CL game.

Just resting him a bit, the game wasn't very important for Sport. They gave Ciro a hero's welcome at the airport even if he didn't play :D

Looks like his getout clause is now USD 40 mil. So Shakhtar might have to raise their price a bit.

Honestly would love to see Ciro at Porto. Porto is pretty much the gateway for Brazilian players to grow and venture into bigger teams in Europe. But it won't happen because Porto will never spend +12-15 Million on a player. If a Brazilian goes to Porto hes pretty much guaranteed success. :D

• 2 weeks later...

TRAFFIC have now made an offer for 50% of the rigths to Ciro. These are the same folks who own/have owned Keirrison, Breno, Diego Souza, Elias, Cleiton Xavier, Buss Henrique etc etc.

If the deal goes through, he will probably be loaned out to Palmeiras for the Brasileiro.

He has as much talent as Keirrison, just not in the same way. Ciro is much better on the ball, but isn't tested yet.

Also, Ciro is much more emotionnal. He really cares, there is no doubt about it, game in game out. Keirrison can be forgettable in some cases.

• 1 month later...

What has happened to Ciro lately?. I keep an active watch on all my players' date=' and I don't see him playing much.[/quote']

Suspended for the first two, started the third, and the manager left him out this weekend because of a conflict between the two (and Paulo Baier, and Jonas...) The manager has since resigned, so he should hopefully be back on track.

• 1 month later...

Insider' date='

As you have him under your name, I guess you rate him highly?

Is he going to be a 90+ player? Who do you rate higher, him or Keirrison?[/quote']

K9 will be better, but Ciro probably more popular. They bring different things to the table.

If all goes well for Ciro, 90+ is possible.