Am i the only one who thinks that he is desperately underatted???? He was nominated fo rafrican player of the year again this year, losing eventually to Adebayor... however the other nominations (Adebayor, Essien & Drogba) are all rated 93-95-96. Aboutrika starred in the African cup of nations for Egypt and is considered to be the Egytian Zidane. if he is being compared to argubably the best player to have ever played football then surely he deserves a better rating. The only reason that Aboutrika is at 89 is because he plays in the Egyptian league... surely a rise to 90/91 would be more appropriate??:mad:

Re: Aboutrika

Am i the only one who thinks that he is desperately underatted???? He was nominated fo rafrican player of the year again this year' date=' losing eventually to Adebayor... however the other nominations (Adebayor, Essien & Drogba) are all rated 93-95-96. Aboutrika starred in the African cup of nations for Egypt and is considered to be the Egytian Zidane. if he is being compared to argubably the best player to have ever played football then surely he deserves a better rating. The only reason that Aboutrika is at 89 is because he plays in the Egyptian league... surely a rise to 90/91 would be more appropriate??:mad:

You already answered your own question. He will not rise whilst playing in such a poor league. He will need a move to Europe first.

• 5 months later...

He could easily be higher than an 89 but unfortunately he's chose to ply his trade in Egypt so that's what he will stay unless he does something massive internationally.

Umm...how is two African Cups of Nations, Bronze & Top Scorer at the 2006 FIFA Club World Cup, three time winner of CAF Champions League, Dream Team selection for the 2009 Confederations Cup, and 2008 BBC African Player of the Year (ahead of Essien, Adebayor, and Drogba) all not enough to be consider "massive" on the international stage? What, does he have to win the World Cup with Egypt before he breaks 90?

I think that Aboutreika rating should definitely be increased to 92, but at the very least 90. There are many, many players in the 90-92 range who have less or equal skill to that of Aboutreika, so the increase would make sense.

There are players that play well week in, week out and are only rated 89. How on earth do u believe that someone playing in EGYPT (Worse than most leagues in europe and south america) be rated higher?

Yes he has some good awards, but until he moves to a bigger league, he wont rise. As someone else said, if Messi was playing in Egypt, he wouldnt be rated higher than 90.

Umm...how is two African Cups of Nations' date=' Bronze & Top Scorer at the 2006 FIFA Club World Cup, three time winner of CAF Champions League, Dream Team selection for the 2009 Confederations Cup, and 2008 BBC African Player of the Year (ahead of Essien, Adebayor, and Drogba) all not enough to be consider "massive" on the international stage? What, does he have to win the World Cup with Egypt before he breaks 90?

I think that Aboutreika rating should definitely be increased to 92, but at the very least 90. There are many, many players in the 90-92 range who have less or equal skill to that of Aboutreika, so the increase would make sense.[/quote']

First of all, he wasn't the top scorer at the 2006 World Cup. Egypt didn't even play in the 2006 World Cup. The Confederations Cup and the African Nations are largely considered insignificant over here so, rightly or wrongly, no-one who will rate on this game will give much of a toss about that.

I agree with you that there are people of less or equal skill than Aboutrika that are of higher rating but the ratings aren't based simply on talent, they're based on achievement and the only achievement considered worthy on SM is achievement in one of the major, more competitive and respected leagues.

There are players that play well week in' date=' week out and are only rated 89. How on earth do u believe that someone playing in [b']EGYPT[/b] (Worse than most leagues in europe and south america) be rated higher?

Yes he has some good awards, but until he moves to a bigger league, he wont rise. As someone else said, if Messi was playing in Egypt, he wouldnt be rated higher than 90.

Are you kidding me? That wasn't even a legitimate question. I understand that the Egyptian league is an inferior league to the south american and european leagues, but you're ignoring the main selling point: THIS GUY IS THE BEST OF AFRICA. You can't compare him to regular league players, because his talent is proven to be way better. He's been voted better than the Essiens and Adebayors and Drogbas. So to say that because Lee Cattermole is better than him just because he plays week in week out is absurd. (Mind you, Lee Cattermole isnt a bad player, I'm just using him for my example.)

As for Loblaw and JBK, I clearly stated CLUB World Cup. So umm, ya, you guys don't look too good right now lol.

Loblaw, you say that most of Aboutreika's achievements arent significant, but that is outright false. The African Cup of Nations has been for some time been known to be the showcase for African talent. That's how Amr Zaki earned his move to Wigan last year, by putting on a strong display at the African Cup. And that's how many other African talents, such as Manucho, get snapped up by big teams like Manchester United, Arsenal, and Chelsea when they were coached by Mourinho.

But that's just the African Cup of Nations. The Club World Cup, which you guys need to do some serious reading up on, involves teams from all over the globe, INCLUDING South America and Europe. Against these teams, Aboutreika performed superbly, as proven by his goals and the award of the bronze ball.

Once again, I'm not gonna go extreme and ask for a raise to 93-95, although I can easily build a case to show why he might deserve such a raise. However, due to the fact that he continues to ply his trade in Egypt, an increase to 90-92 should suffice. He has more than enough significant international accolades to support this rating.

Are you kidding me? That wasn't even a legitimate question. I understand that the Egyptian league is an inferior league to the south american and european leagues' date=' but you're ignoring the main selling point: THIS GUY IS THE BEST OF AFRICA. You can't compare him to regular league players, because his talent is proven to be way better. He's been voted better than the Essiens and Adebayors and Drogbas. So to say that because Lee Cattermole is better than him just because he plays week in week out is absurd. (Mind you, Lee Cattermole isnt a bad player, I'm just using him for my example.)

As for Loblaw and JBK, I clearly stated [u']CLUB[/u] World Cup. So umm, ya, you guys don't look too good right now lol.

Loblaw, you say that most of Aboutreika's achievements arent significant, but that is outright false. The African Cup of Nations has been for some time been known to be the showcase for African talent. That's how Amr Zaki earned his move to Wigan last year, by putting on a strong display at the African Cup. And that's how many other African talents, such as Manucho, get snapped up by big teams like Manchester United, Arsenal, and Chelsea when they were coached by Mourinho.

But that's just the African Cup of Nations. The Club World Cup, which you guys need to do some serious reading up on, involves teams from all over the globe, INCLUDING South America and Europe. Against these teams, Aboutreika performed superbly, as proven by his goals and the award of the bronze ball.

Once again, I'm not gonna go extreme and ask for a raise to 93-95, although I can easily build a case to show why he might deserve such a raise. However, due to the fact that he continues to ply his trade in Egypt, an increase to 90-92 should suffice. He has more than enough significant international accolades to support this rating.

Sorry didnt read it proper

But isnt the Club World Cup

Basicly one where one team from Europe plays some teams that people never heard of

And the only team some people might have heard of is a South America one that do well

Are you kidding me? That wasn't even a legitimate question. I understand that the Egyptian league is an inferior league to the south american and european leagues' date=' but you're ignoring the main selling point: THIS GUY IS THE BEST OF AFRICA. You can't compare him to regular league players, because his talent is proven to be way better. He's been voted better than the Essiens and Adebayors and Drogbas. So to say that because Lee Cattermole is better than him just because he plays week in week out is absurd. (Mind you, Lee Cattermole isnt a bad player, I'm just using him for my example.)

As for Loblaw and JBK, I clearly stated CLUB World Cup. So umm, ya, you guys don't look too good right now lol.

Come again? I don't know about you, but im pretty sure every manager in the premiership, La Liga, Seria A, etc, would rather have the likes of Essien or Eto'o (And many other african players) than Aboutrika.

Like I said, he could be a very good player, but soccermanager wont rise him unless he moves to a bigger league. Thats there rules.

dunno where but I heard Egypt manage to keep their better players in Egypt which means the league is actually of a better quality than most people might imagine. And as winners of the last 2 ACON it shows they have quality. Although on SM you would have nations like Nigeria,Cameroon rated higher than them when it's not the case.

As for Loblaw and JBK, I clearly stated [u']CLUB[/u] World Cup. So umm, ya, you guys don't look too good right now lol.

Ah fair do's on the Club World Cup, I misread that one, sorry. I assumed you were talking about the World Cup because I was talking about international football. As for the Club World Cup, I am fully aware of it, my own team where runners up in 2005 but it is a poor tournament that European clubs don't take seriously. Indeed Man U apparently didn't even want to attend but were obligated to by FIFA.

Again, you've simply listed the same achievements and whether you like it or not, the people who rate SM do not rate the African Cup of Nations particularly highly. Most people in England just get frustrated by the fact that their players are missing for a few weeks (just like with the Olympics). Manucho- took the African Cup of Nations by storm. Moved to United. Shipped out for work permit. Comes back and can't even get in the Hull side every week when he was loaned there. Released as he was considered too poor for the Prem. Zaki- a goal machine in Egyptian football, someone who burnt out quite quickly in England.

As for being voted BBC African Player of the Year, let's look at the more prestigious award- African Footballer of the Year. Since the competition started, no player has won whilst playing for a club outside of Europe. The closest a player got was in 1994 when Amunike played most of '94 at El Zamalek. He did however move to Europe later that year and won the award largely on the back of excellent performances in the 1994 FIFA World Cup.

What you don't seem to understand is how SM rates players. I would in no way argue against him being above 90 based on his talent but it doesn't simply work like that.

this players desrves to be 90+ that should not even be a question if kaka played for a team in egypt but still played for brazil he would still easly be over 94 and yh i know soccermanger wont consider him as a world class player because he playes his trade at egypt but that is soccermanager own fault not him and yes the egypt league is way better because they KEEP thier stars they are comited unlike in those south american clubs

this players desrves to be 90+ that should not even be a question if kaka played for a team in egypt but still played for brazil he would still easly be over 94 and yh i know soccermanger wont consider him as a world class player because he playes his trade at egypt but that is soccermanager own fault not him and yes the egypt league is way better because they KEEP thier stars they are comited unlike in those south american clubs

If Kaka played in Egypt, I doubt he would be in the Brazil squad for too long lol.

Brazil are better internationally than Egypt, so your rating deserves to be higher if you are playing for the greatest international team of all-time in spite of your lowly league.

As for being voted BBC African Player of the Year' date=' let's look at the more prestigious award- African Footballer of the Year. Since the competition started, no player has won whilst playing for a club outside of Europe. The closest a player got was in 1994 when Amunike played most of '94 at El Zamalek. He did however move to Europe later that year and won the award largely on the back of excellent performances in the 1994 FIFA World Cup.

What you don't seem to understand is how SM rates players. I would in no way argue against him being above 90 based on his talent but it doesn't simply work like that.[/quote']

In regards to the African Footballer of the Year around, the CAF one I mean, Aboutreika has repeatedly been nominated as a candidate for the award and got 2nd in 2008.

You guys are misunderstanding me, I get it, the guidelines by which SM rates players. I am simply making my case heard on what I think his rating should be, based on both talent and achievements. The only thing left for him to achieve is making and excelling at a World Cup, which hopefully will happen in 2010 (fingers crossed :D).

Aboutreika started blossoming late, and, as REDDEVILFC said, has always been very happy with and supportive of the domestic league. At the age of 29-30, which he currently is at, he's at his peak, but the best move he could hope for would be to Saudia Arabia, as no european team would be interested in an African talent, even superstar, thats untried in Europe and going into his 30s. Thus, I believe my case, which will probably still fall on deaf ears due to the consistently repeated guidelines that SM follow, is still a very strong one.

Last few notes:

-I am not saying that he is better than the Essiens, Drogbas, and Adebayors, I'm saying that he has been many times rated their equal or better by the BBC and even the CAF. (Directed to MaoM)

-To address the constant bashing of the Egyptian league, it isn't as bad as you guys think. I'd equate it to the quality of the Turkish league, which is currently sitting at 11th in the UEFA coefficient rankings. And no, that isnt just based on bias, I've watched games from the leagues below Turkey to know that they are of inferior quality to the Egyptian Premier League.

-Lastly, if anybody is planning on replying after this, don't make the same arguments, i.e. Egyptian league isnt good enough and he's not proven internationally. If you have something new, go ahead, otherwise, dont be repetative.

Thanks for reading guys.

Exactly!

We all saw how Al Ahly ruled the Wembley cup! :D

:rolleyes:

Dude thats not even fair. Al Ahly lost some major players in the summer, including Flavio, their striker, and have a lot of youth and lot of major seniors (30+). Aside from Aboutreika, they are severely lacking any proven talent that isn't quite past its prime. They are kind of in the Milan stage right now lol

They even lost the Egyptian SuperCup to a mid-table team. This year, Zamalek (if you know who they are) are much better and the team to watch.

HEY im talking about the national team not the clubs

England have won all their World Cup qualifiers (Playing some good stuff aswell!) How are Egypt doing? :)

And Italy could beat England? Im sorry to go off topic, but Italy are one of the poorest football teams at the moment. They are too old now to compete with the likes of England, Spain and Brazil (Did u see them at the Confederations cup? They were shocking)

Your knowledge of football amazes me. You are obviously from Egypt.... hahahahahahaha omg its actually funny how dumb people on this forum can be at times :rolleyes: