Sign in to follow this  
Mark 1978

V Festival 2009

Re: V Festival 2009

Here is the current Oxegen line up. Not great but I'm still going just because it will be amazing. lol

Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol, Blur and The Killers, Katy Perry, Bloc Party, The Script, Pete Doherty, Razorlight, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Elbow, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Ting Tings, White Lies, Fight Like Apes, Pendulum, Jason Mraz, Keane, Lily Allen, The Specials, Paolo Nutini, Manic Street Preachers, Wallis Bird, Digitalism, The Mars Volta, Swedish House Mafia, Miss Kittin/The Hacker, Crookers, Tiga, Lady Gaga Hockey, The Mighty Hendo, The Game and TV on the Radio

Bands I will probably be going to see: Kings Of Leon, Blur, Bloc Party, Pete Doherty, Pendulum and The Mars Volta. Of course this all depends on stage times etc. I had to LMAO at The Game playing though. :D

Here is the current Oxegen line up. Not great but I'm still going just because it will be amazing. lol

Kings of Leon' date=' Snow Patrol, Blur and The Killers, Katy Perry, Bloc Party, The Script, Pete Doherty, Razorlight, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Elbow, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Ting Tings, White Lies, Fight Like Apes, Pendulum, Jason Mraz, Keane, Lily Allen, The Specials, Paolo Nutini, Manic Street Preachers, Wallis Bird, Digitalism, The Mars Volta, Swedish House Mafia, Miss Kittin/The Hacker, Crookers, Tiga, Lady Gaga Hockey, The Mighty Hendo, The Game and TV on the Radio

Bands I will probably be going to see: Kings Of Leon, Blur, Bloc Party, Pete Doherty, Pendulum and The Mars Volta. Of course this all depends on stage times etc. I had to LMAO at The Game playing though. :D[/quote']

Make sure you catch Nick Cave, the Manics and TV on the Radio too! :)

Haha. No Specials disrespect intended. I recognise the fact they are/were a decent band' date=' but they just don't really match my own personal tastes.

And to be honest, I couldn't really give a hoot about The Enemy. They're just another copycat, soundalike, blend into the ocean of blandness, 'let's jump on the indie bandwagon cos it's what's popular' type band. Just a substandard rehash of what went before, with nothing new or original about them whatsoever.

Having said that though, they [i']do[/i] have a hell of a lot more artistical integrity than The Saturdays, The Ting Tings and Lady Gaga... and although I dislike them, hearing their music just makes me want to turn the stereo off. Hearing the bands in my 'avoid' list makes me want to throw the thing through the window. :P

Haha, I could not agree more! :)

Yeah' date=' it's great. It's got his wife on and there's some lovely, unexpected interplay between the two. If you like him, give his last EP a listen: SVN FNGRS. It's about the legend of Cuchulain, the Irish warrior and is a great listen.[/quote']

I'll try and get my hands on that, ta. I've not really listened to much of his solo stuff, seems to be a lot of negativity around it.

I'll try and get my hands on that' date=' ta. I've not really listened to much of his solo stuff, seems to be a lot of negativity around it.[/quote']

His solo career is a bit dodgy but Teenager of the Year (full of great songs but a bit long) and his first solo album are decent.