Columbian starlet - James Rodriguez

up gunners

130pxbanfield.png

James Rodriguez is a 17 year old Attacking Midfielder currently playing for Argentinian club C.A Banfield. He is of elegant build much like that of Cristiano Ronaldo and has a screamer of a shot on him. Widely regarded as the brightest talent to emerge out of Columbia in the last couple of years according to Argentinian football pundits.

jamez.jpg

Youth Career

Despite James Rodriguez still being a young lad himself he has already had some great first team experience back in Columbia. Back in Columbia he played for Envigado a mid table team. He made his debut at only 16 years of age at the club where they nurtured him to becoming your typical no 10 playermaker. I guess some people still consider him to still be in his "youth career". He made the transfer to Banfield and impressed.

Senior Career

Rodriguez made the step up this year when he transferred to Banfield. People quite rightly predicted him to remain on the bench for Banfield but have since then have been proved wrong. In his short Banfield career he has already racked up two impressive performances. Although only playing a collective 41 minutes he has impressed massively during his short spell. He played the opening game for Banfield and has more recently featured in their last game against Rosario Central when he scored a bullet of a shot from outside of the area to seal victory for Banfield. Not the last of appearances for him let me assure that.

Youth International Career

Jamez Rodriguez has only feeatured in one age group for Columbia and that was when he was 16 years old representing the U17 squad in the South America Championship. He made his Columbian U17 bow when he was 15 years old which is quite impressive. Hopefully next year he will rise in the Columbian youth football ranks.

l456994578883068.jpg

Representing his native Columbia

Stats

2 appearances

41 Minutes

1 Goal

Already sent a ticket in.

• 1 month later...

Re: Columbian starlet - James Rodriguez

According to Argentinian football pundits Jamez Rodrigues is set for a great future and has really been impressing in Argentina. He has so far played in 6 matches and has one goal next to his name. Came of the bench for all 6 matches and has racked up 112 minutes. Only 17 people remember that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has played in 14/14 games for Banfield. Scored again today in the 3-0 win over Velez Sarsfield.

It was deflected, completely wrong-footing the 'keeper, so not as impressive as some of his previous strikes. But Banfield absolutely kicked Velez, the reigning Clausura champs to remain unbeaten and move back to the top of the table. I think this result really proved that they are the real deal this season and who's at the heart of it all? You guessed it.

It was deflected' date=' completely wrong-footing the 'keeper, so not as impressive as some of his previous strikes. But Banfield absolutely kicked Velez, the reigning Clausura champs to remain unbeaten and move back to the top of the table. I think this result really proved that they are the real deal this season and who's at the heart of it all? You guessed it.[/quote']

Let me guess...

Hold on a second, I'm thinking.

• 3 months later...

Don't know if up gunners still uses the forum, so it's about time this thread had a bit of an update...

f34e4534-de80-4c1e-a6a1-1ae2e16a3a16.jpg

As you will probably all know, James Rodriguez recently rose to 85 for his sterling efforts in 2009 which culminated in Banfield winning the Apertura title. That earned themselves qualification to the Copa Libertadores which James Rodriguez is currently tearing up. After three group games, Banfield top their group with seven points and are on the verge of qualification, and James Rodriguez is a big factor in this. Last night, he was instrumental to his side picking up a point in a tricky tie away to Uruguayan side Nacional, scoring both goals in a 2-2 draw. That takes him to four goals in just 3 Copa Libertadores starts - not bad for your first attempt at this level of football. Coupled with his Clausura efforts, James has five goals in eight starts for 2010 as he threatens to add a consistently, dangerous goal threat to his already impressive string of attributes. Here are his goals from last night (Banfield playing in Orange):

uv_iv9MrVF0&feature=player_embedded

It seems inevitable that Rodrgiuez shall be moving to Europe once the current season has ended, with Italian club Udinese favourites to land the Colombian starlet. However, in recent weeks, Juventus have been taking a very keen interest in the kid and we could have a bit of a battle for his signature this Summer.

• 1 month later...

I know that he will be moving to Udinese but do you think he is worth keeping? I know it sounds stupid because he's done so well but do you think he will do well playing with a European style?

Udinese is old news now; Juventus are favourites to sign him in the summer. Yes, he is worth keeping - he's one of the hottest wonderkids in South America. Obviously time will tell how he shall adapt to playing in Europe, but I'm very confident that he'll settle in just fine, given the time. Future 90+ for sure, and a rise to 87 is on the cards for next time.

Udinese is old news now; Juventus are favourites to sign him in the summer. Yes' date=' he is worth keeping - he's one of the hottest wonderkids in South America. Obviously time will tell how he shall adapt to playing in Europe, but I'm very confident that he'll settle in just fine, given the time. Future 90+ for sure, and a rise to 87 is on the cards for next time.[/quote']

I thought I heard he signed a contract but there you go. Thanks very much for your help :D

• 3 weeks later...

First off, thanks for the thread, I got him for my Bury team before his rating increased.

I just wanted to know more about him, as ive never seen him player. I initially got him as a money spinner. Hes no where near the starting 11 of my team, and have an offer of £6 million for him from an external club.

Should I accept it, or is he a riser/keeper for the future?

First off' date=' thanks for the thread, I got him for my Bury team before his rating increased.

I just wanted to know more about him, as ive never seen him player. I initially got him as a money spinner. Hes no where near the starting 11 of my team, and have an offer of £6 million for him from an external club.

Should I accept it, or is he a riser/keeper for the future?[/quote']

Keep him. He's a rare talent.

EDIT: Actually, just read the posts before yours.

• 2 months later...

My prediction is that James will play some games but he will have to struggle a lot even for going to the bench!!!

So will his rating increases slow down? Or just stop if he isn;t getting any first team games? - as you can probably tell, not that good at telling whats gona happen.