An Absolutely Titanic Issue!!!

Bob Loblaw

An Absolutely Titanic Issue!!!  

1. 1.

• Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro
    • Steven Vincent Taylor

I feel as though on this forum, I've come to be renowned for tackling the big issues, saying what others wont and pushing the boundaries. A maverick if you will. A loose cannon. A wild card, but one you would want in your pack. Prepare to be shocked again as I take you on a journey that will shake you up to within an inch of your life. First read this report from The Guardian:

Cristiano Ronaldo was involved in a confrontation with Newcastle's Steven Taylor in the players' tunnel at half-time of Manchester United's 2-1 victory at St James' Park on Wednesday night, calling the Newcastle defender 'a rubbish footballer' and having to be calmed down by his captain, Rio Ferdinand, and the referee, Steve Bennett.

Taylor had been booked for a rash challenge on Ronaldo before half-time and the pair exchanged angry words as they made their way to their dressing rooms. Ronaldo reportedly started the exchange by calling Taylor a rubbish footballer, to which the Newcastle defender responded by allegedly saying that, at least, "he wasn't ugly".

Ronaldo repeated the claim about Taylor being a poor footballer and the exchange ended with the defender apparently saying, "I know, but you are still ugly" before Ferdinand and Bennett intervened.

Newcastle's stand-in manager, Chris Hughton, defended his player after the game. "I've had the opportunity to see it again and Steven was a bit headstrong in his endeavour to pull Ronaldo back, but he caught him on the shoulder and neck, that's all it was," he said.

The FA are to wait on Bennett's report before it decides if it will take any action regardong the incident in the tunnel. However it cannot take any further action against Taylor for the tackle if it wished to, as he has already been booked for the offence.

Peter Lovenkrands had given Newcastle an early lead after a rare mistake by Edwin van der Sar but Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov hit back to secure yet another win for United. They are now seven points clear of Chelsea and Liverpool with a game in hand.

Now bust-ups like this are frequent but worrying nontheless but one part intrigued me:

Ronaldo repeated the claim about Taylor being a poor footballer and the exchange ended with the defender apparently saying, "I know, but you are still ugly" before Ferdinand and Bennett intervened.

Now, it is time for your humble fabulist to step in once again and settle this issue:

Who is uglier; Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro or Steven Vincent Taylor?

Decide now...if you dare.

Re: An Absolutely Titanic Issue!!!

:rolleyes:

Let the females decide lol.

Ah' date=' I made a point of wording it so that it doesn't out any closet homosexuals on the forum. For those who wish to avoid rating how good looking a man is (you're fooling on-one by the way :P) it is simply a case of who is uglier, not who is sexier. Vote away, safe in the knowledge you like women* my friends!

*(or not if that's how you choose to live your life :D)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I don't know what Taylor looks like but after reading your piece, it shows once again very clearly the arrogance of Ronaldo to try and belittle a player on the same pitch as him, so Ronaldo is the uglier person for me,(not for looks) but in his lack of dignity towards a fellow professional. A comment like that only serves to prove that he is an egotistical self absorbed degenerate with no class.

Like a little kid, 'well you started' and 'you smell of poo' and 'your ugly' stuff that we hear on the playgrounds at primary school i think Ronaldo maybe going back to his Childhood days were he was bullied (Probably nobody really likes him)

I don't know what Taylor looks like but after reading your piece' date=' it shows once again very clearly the arrogance of Ronaldo to try and belittle a player on the same pitch as him, so Ronaldo is the uglier person for me,(not for looks) but in his lack of dignity towards a fellow professional. A comment like that only serves to prove that he is an egotistical self absorbed degenerate with no class.[/quote']

taylor smacked him full pelt on the side of the head from behind, and then got away with a yellow. i think ronaldo is more than justified to have a go at taylor afterwards. if taylor did that to you, you would be crying for mummy.

plus, you said you didnt even know what taylor looks like, nevermind realise the full extent of the situation. how can you then call ronaldo "an egotistical self absorbed degenerate with no class". ??

do you ever say anything savoury, even to your own family?

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

taylor smacked him full pelt on the side of the head from behind' date=' and then got away with a yellow. i think ronaldo is more than justified to have a go at taylor afterwards. if taylor did that to you, you would be crying for mummy.

plus, you said you didnt even know what taylor looks like, nevermind realising the full extent of the situation. how can you then call him a "an egotistical self absorbed degenerate with no class". ??

do you ever say anything savoury, even to your own family?[/quote']

No, because I have more class than that. Ronaldo has every right to call him on an incident but to openly shout that an opponent is a "rubbish footballer" is just the measure of the dummy. And if you could read properly, my statement wasn't based on looks, it was based on what was said, as for their looks, Ronaldo looks like a shirtlifter and the other guy looks like a geek, but I'd rather look like a geek than be a shirtlifter.

taylor smacked him full pelt on the side of the head from behind' date=' and then got away with a yellow. i think ronaldo is more than justified to have a go at taylor afterwards. if taylor did that to you, you would be crying for mummy.

plus, you said you didnt even know what taylor looks like, nevermind realise the full extent of the situation. how can you then call ronaldo "an egotistical self absorbed degenerate with no class". ??

do you ever say anything savoury, even to your own family?[/quote']

Do you have no self-awareness of sense of irony?

To be fair, I think that although sometimes people are justified in having a go at Ronaldo, this isn't one of those times. He did well to keep his cool considering Taylor was a little unsporting, which I think showed a fiar bit of class (obviously the comment undermines it but still).

So, David was probably wrong in this case but then you decide to say ridiculous things to him. You say he never says anything savoury but I've personally never seen him say anything unsavoury. I assume you're talking about that time he said you were too opinionated or something and then YOU called HIM a 'freak' and things like that and only then was he riled.

I'm awaiting some type of response about how you've been attacked etc.

To be fair' date=' I think that although sometimes people are justified in having a go at Ronaldo, this isn't one of those times. He did well to keep his cool considering Taylor was a little unsporting, which I think showed a fiar bit of class (obviously the comment undermines it but still).

So, David was probably wrong in this case but then you decide to say ridiculous things to him. You say he never says anything savoury but I've personally never seen him say anything unsavoury. I assume you're talking about that time he said you were too opinionated or something and then YOU called HIM a 'freak' and things like that and only then was he riled.

I'm awaiting some type of response about how you've been attacked etc.[/quote']

be reasonable bob

david called a guy "an egotistical self absorbed degenerate with no class" for an incident that he admitted he was completely clueless about

when people use labels as strong as that, they need to be justified, i.e they actually know what happened.

otherwise...in the trade, WE call it, "talking out of one's ****"

as for the compliments bob, i ll ignore that today. once you take some time to realise exactly what i wrote, instead of what YOU THOUGHT i wrote, you ll realise that you would be clever not to follow up

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

To be fair' date=' I think that although sometimes people are justified in having a go at Ronaldo, this isn't one of those times. He did well to keep his cool considering Taylor was a little unsporting, which I think showed a fiar bit of class (obviously the comment undermines it but still).

I'm awaiting some type of response about how you've been attacked etc.[/quote']

I don't think I'm wrong at all, as I said, he HAS a right to have a pop at someone if he feels justified, but to call a fellow pro "a rubbish Footballer" is disgusting. Would a doctor say that to another doctor, or any professional who had an ounce of dignity.....NO. The inference of saying to someone that "your rubbish" is basically saying , but I'm great, so no, I don't think I am wrong, he had a right to say something to Taylor afterwards, but if he had any class he would have used that, but he obviously doesn't, or he wouldn't belittle a fellow pro.

but if he had any class he would have used that' date=' but he obviously doesn't, or he wouldn't belittle a fellow pro.[/quote']

what would you say to a fully grown man who had just smacked on the side of your head full pelt from behind?-"hey let's shake hands and be friends?"

gimme a BREAK

plus, i didnt say you were "wrong", i just thought it showed a real lack of class and decency to verbally attack a guy for an event that you are clearly clueless about.

be reasonable bob

david called a guy "an egotistical self absorbed degenerate with no class" for an incident that he admitted he was completely clueless about

when people use labels as strong as that' date=' they need to be justified, i.e they actually know what happened.

otherwise...in the trade, WE call it, "talking out of one's ****"

as for the compliments bob, i ll ignore that today. once you take some time to realise exactly what i wrote, instead of what YOU THOUGHT i wrote, you ll realise that you would be clever not to follow up[/quote']

I'm Sorry, but Ronaldo's comments, no matter what Taylor may have done, were still unwarranted. Steven Taylor, nor any Premiership footballer is "Rubbish" otherwise they wouldn't be playing in the Premier League.

Also, in defence of David, he even said in a previous post that he wasn't talking about the looks, which is what he said he didn't know about.

so Ronaldo is the uglier person for me,(not for looks) but in his lack of dignity towards a fellow professional.

Just an observation..

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I'm Sorry' date=' but Ronaldo's comments, no matter what Taylor may have done, were still unwarranted. Steven Taylor, nor any Premiership footballer is "Rubbish" otherwise they wouldn't be playing in the Premier League.

Also, in defence of David, he even said in a previous post that he wasn't talking about the looks, which is what he said he didn't know about.

Just an observation..[/quote']Robocod, thanks for reading my piece properly, luci has difficulty with the English language so you have to excuse him , not much, just a little.

I'm Sorry' date=' but Ronaldo's comments, no matter what Taylor may have done, were still unwarranted. Steven Taylor, nor any Premiership footballer is "Rubbish" otherwise they wouldn't be playing in the Premier League.

Just an observation..[/quote']

oh, so it s "unwarranted" to call a fellow pro rubbish

but it is warranted to assault someone on a football pitch in front of thousands of fans

i think the main beef people have here with ronaldo is that a portuguese player called an english player "rubbish". if ronaldo was english and taylor portuguese, tommorrow in the sun, the front page would be a picture of steven taylor with big bold headlines "ugly f%ck"

this is the easiest piece of argument i ve taken up.

Robocod' date=' thanks for reading my piece properly, luci has difficulty with the English language so you have to excuse him , not much, just a little.[/quote']

talking about changing the topic :rolleyes:

if this english isnt good enough for you, you better ask your primary school teachers what they have been teaching you :D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

oh' date=' so it s "unwarranted" to call a fellow pro rubbish

but it is warranted to assault someone on a football pitch in front of thousands of fans

i think the main beef people have here with ronaldo is that a portuguese player called an english player "rubbish". if ronaldo was english and taylor portuguese, tommorrow in the sun, the front page would be a picture of steven taylor with big bold headlines "ugly f%ck"

this is the easiest piece of argument i ve taken up.[/quote']

Luci, you really have a problem with xenophobia, no-one cares who or what nationality a guy is, when he tries to belittle a fellow pro, no matter what the guy did, then he is an armpit. So to simplify matters for you, if the incident were reversed, then Taylor would be the armpit, got it, good. :rolleyes:

Luci' date=' you really have a problem with xenophobia, no-one cares who or what nationality a guy is, when he tries to belittle a fellow pro, no matter what the guy did, then he is an armpit. So to simplify matters for you, if the incident were reversed, then Taylor would be the armpit, got it, good. :rolleyes:[/quote']

ok, so tommorrow when steven taylor goes around to bekivitch's house and assaults his entire family, david will go " you legend taylor, even if you do go around punching people, you rock!"

got it, im good.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

ok' date=' so tommorrow when steven taylor goes around to bekivitch's house and assaults his entire family, david will go " you legend taylor, even if you do go around assaulting people, you rock!"

got it, im good.[/quote']You don't get it luci, do you, and tomorrow is spelled that way, just for future reference when you become a journalist cough cough :rolleyes:, and I notice that you have two main orifices in your body and the same stuff comes out of both ends, you should see a doctor about that luci :eek:

You don't get it luci' date=' do you, and tomorrow is spelled that way, just for future reference when you become a journalist cough cough :rolleyes:, and I notice that you have two main orifices in your body and the same stuff comes out of both ends, you should see a doctor about that luci :eek:[/quote']

the only way david can ever get even in any argument is to go personal, he doesnt have the intelligence to go logic against logic

way to go dave. such a mature man arent you :rolleyes:

oh wait, you ve evaded my last 3 points about taylor. are you here for me, or the football? surely i dont deserve such attention!

I'm sorry to stray slightly off topic but Ronaldo wasn't punched in the back of the neck/head at all and nobody can say that there was intent from Taylor to punch him in the neck/head either because if the intent was there then Taylor would've connected. I mean how can you miss when the other guy doesn't even know that the punch is coming? No, Taylor threw the "punch" or cuff as I would like to call it, to deliberately miss Ronaldo over his left shoulder. Why, only Taylor knows but a booking for me was about right. As for answering the question, hetrosexually speaking, neither player is a looker however Taylor at least looks and acts like a man and not a petulant little girl.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

the only way david can ever get even in any argument is to go personal' date=' he doesnt have the intelligence to go logic against logic

way to go dave. such a mature man arent you :rolleyes:

oh wait, you ve evaded my last 3 points about taylor. are you here for me, or the football? surely i dont deserve such attention![/quote']

I don't really like stupid questions but when they come from stupid people who want an answer then I guess I will have to oblige. The question being if Steven Taylor assaulted my family? If anyone assaulted my family I wouldn't be calling him names and slapping him with my handbag, no need to go any further on that luci. If, in a professional capacity, someone slapped me in a public place, I would not respond in front of a crowd, that incident would be sorted in a quiet little place somewhere. Attacking someone in public is a no no luci, you see, I don't get mad, I just get even. And I'm not here for you armpit, you came into this thread to defend a shirtlifter, no-one asked or probably wanted you in here as you have two orifices, as stated before.

I don't really like stupid questions but when they come from stupid people who want an answer then I guess I will have to oblige. The question being if Steven Taylor assaulted my family? If anyone assaulted my family I wouldn't be calling him names and slapping him with my handbag' date=' no need to go any further on that luci. If, in a professional capacity, someone slapped me in a public place, I would not respond in front of a crowd, that incident would be sorted in a quiet little place somewhere. Attacking someone in public is a no no luci, you see, I don't get mad, I just get even. And I'm not here for you armpit, you came into this thread to defend a shirtlifter, no-one asked or probably wanted you in here as you have two orifices, as stated before.[/quote']

oh you took a LONG time with that response david. :D :D :D

for once it seems you have put some thinking into your post, best give your brain a rest. dont overwork it ;)