Man Utd V Liverpool

James C

Re: Man Utd V Liverpool

Don't say that because it will make them rub it in' date=' and Liverpool will never forget this result unless we win by a higher margin...[/quote']

Mate its human nature if the boot was on the other foot which it has been lately over quite a few yrs ,you guys still rub it in ,but at the end of season if we get nothing and you get all 4 or just the 2 then i know who will have the bigger bragging rights no matter if we have just done the double over you or or not .

Forget the 4-1 difference its not a true reflection on what a good close type encounter it was except the team that won it did so desevedly .:)

Congratulations fellas but I doubt you'll see any United fans shutting up. We've too much to shout about.

Yep all the result does is open up the title for a few more games as United usally bouce back very well

4-1 so utd fans can shut up now.

My friend, all i have to say is that it is going to take a lot more than just a 4-1 victory over us to shut us up. Unless things go horribly wrong we will defo win more silverware this season. :P

The quintuple is on its way. lol :P:)

P.S. Expecting either a really close, scrappy game against Fulham or a 4 or 5-0 hammering. :)

As well, Fergie will use this result as motivation. We're coming up to a crucial time of the season and what bigger shot in the arm than a wake up call from your oldest rivals? Yesterday was awful but I don't think it'll hurt us long-term.

Who cares if they remember it. At the end of the day more people will remember who won a Premier League title than 1 game of about 700 during that season. :rolleyes:

if that result leads to man united's season going off the rails (like man u's 4-0 win over arsenal last season in the cup did to arsenal) it could be

well said ;) i was blown away by aurelio's free kick it was awsome' date=' dossena should start LM i think[/quote']

tbh i reckon he could start there a few times, esp in the games against the likes of blackburn/west brom as he was more of a wingback in italy and the LW role in this system could suit him very well

if that result leads to man united's season going off the rails (like man u's 4-0 win over arsenal last season in the cup did to arsenal) it could be

tbh i reckon he could start there a few times' date=' esp in the games against the likes of blackburn/west brom as he was more of a wingback in italy and the LW role in this system could suit him very well[/quote']

Yeah thats Arsenal there not really on the smae level as L'pool United and Chelski

well your answer doesnt make sense since his stats on shots were incorrect at Man U ended up almost doubling the amount of shot LFC had. And the possesion stats mr smarty pants Bob decided to change the stat from posession in opposition half to simple possession stat.

bob posted the offical stats at that time' date=' I guess yours are better than those tho? funny thing is you are so silly in your ways you probably think they are

To say I ingore questions is just rude and ignorant.

no.. ignoring the questions and answering with silly remarks is rude and ignorant, how you can complain about such things when you say things like "smary pants Bob" in yours post makes me laugh tho.

find it a bit rich from someone who cant even answer this simple question

How many goals did LFC score from constant posession attacking the Man U goals? 4? 3? 2? even 1?

Liverpool won 4-1 at old trafford we scored 1 goal from proper possession BUT how many goals did Man Utd score from total passing and possession?

You keep saying I dont answer questions yet like I said you totaly ignore the one I ask you' date=' you said if this game was played another 10 times or something Man Utd would win 9 of them.... so I ask you again there goals in those games would come from were? Reina made 1 save and hardly a stunning one Utd's only goal came from an error just like Liverpools.

anyway, if LFC supporters reallllly think they were by far the better team on that day and the 4-1 scoreline was indicative of the game well then, good on ya,

how many times do LFC or Man Utd fans have to say the scoreline did flattern LFC before it sinks in? I know ignoring what people say suits your hatred posts (quite pathetic tbh you need to get over it) but all the Liverpool fans AND MAN UTD FANS have said is that LFC deserved to win the game which they obviously did.

Liverpool have just been to the ground of the worlds best team and won 4-1, did we go there and attack them? erm no who does that would be quite stupid we went there with a game plan which fuly paid off as Utd created nothing and Liverpool have a few decent chances (Gerrards miss) other than the goals

but it's going to be another season without the Premeirleague title despite LFC supporters saying on a old thread that ALL they had to do to win the premiership was to perform the double against Man U lol

yes we know its another year without the title and we know its been ages and we know its not going to be our year next season' date=' change the record as we have read that a million times in your previous threads.

As for the double against Man Utd, I believe the thread you are talking about was last season and someone said what do LFC need to do to finish above Man Utd and I said we needed to beat them twice, last season if Liverpool had gotten the results we had this season against Utd we WOULD have finished above them, this is a different season and we have done worst against the lower clubs, how this has anything to do with that thread or last season is desperation by you to suit your silly debate.

anyway, it's very clear that LFC fans have bombarded the forum and anyone like myself who dares to say that Man U were clearly the better team is going to be shot down and laughed at... and I guess that makes you part of the cool kids:)

Where? the same LFC fans posting on here are the ones who are always posting, they have only posted on this thread and have not even attacked the mancs on the Utd thread like they did on ours a few weeks back.

You are the only person on this thread saying Man Utd was the better team, even the Man Utd fans have been honest enough to say LFC were better on the day and deserved the win, you however can't get over your pathetic childish hatred for Liverpool to post about the game properly.

What cool kids? some of your childish comments are desperate at best its like you are trying to seek attention or something.

I post my opinion, dont care if people dont agree or like it but at least I can be honest even about the teams I dont like (I cant stand Utd yet even the Utd fans know I post honestly on there threads) I guess being 28 years old gives me the ability to act that little bit older :)

talk about flippy floppy... remember the LFC v Inter series? against 10 men for over 90 mins buuuuuuuuuuuut that didn't make a difference at all.. the thread is still around somewere ;)

so when you post on other threads about LFC and people use Juve back in examples your words are usually

"this isnt a thread about Juve its about LFC stay on topic"

yet you are now doing it with Inter? find the thread and read what it said :) I believe the words were..

1st leg - Inter never did anything in the 1st leg before the red card (granted they only had like 30mins)

2nd leg - Inter needed to chase a 2 goal lead and did nothing for over 60mins with 11 men

Go find the thread and prove yourself right and make me look stupid and I will apologise :)

You could save yourself the time as those same comments from me should be in your MSN history :o

Who cares if they remember it. At the end of the day more people will remember who won a Premier League title than 1 game of about 700 during that season. :rolleyes:

Man Utd fans have not shut up for a full year about the 3-0 win at OT last season.

We know winning the league is better and is remembered but anybody who doesnt think LFC fans will be over the moon about winning 4-1! at arguably one of the best teams ever is on smack and needs to get there head out of the sand :o

Now I have sobered up and can really apreciate the result i would just like to add (I dont think anyone here as even mentioned it)

How amazing was Hyypia?

For a guy who had only been told he was playing after the warm up before the game he came in and was perfect.

How many times did he frustrate Rooney by simply cutting out passes and putting his foot on the ball and calmly clearing.

The guy is a legend and when Liverpool win the league this season I hope Gerrard lets him share the first shot of him lifting it.

Because he has been the most awsome pro for Liverpool and they really owe him the league title for everything he had done.

Now I have sobered up and can really apreciate the result i would just like to add (I dont think anyone here as even mentioned it)

How amazing was Hyypia?

For a guy who had only been told he was playing after the warm up before the game he came in and was perfect.

How many times did he frustrate Rooney by simply cutting out passes and putting his foot on the ball and calmly clearing.

The guy is a legend and when Liverpool win the league this season I hope Gerrard lets him share the first shot of him lifting it.

Because he has been the most awesome pro for Liverpool and they really owe him the league title for everything he had done.

I'd go for a 50-50. I know Hyypia has really helped Liverpool in the past and they really owe him the title. But on the other half' date=' Hyypia hasnt been playing often this season except for the Champions League, yes I know he frustrated Rooney during the game on Saturday, and he was solid in defence.

Even if I was a Devil, I'd still think Hyypia is a great leader still. ;)

Thanks in Advance

aZkin'[/font']

Man Utd fans have not shut up for a full year about the 3-0 win at OT last season.

We know winning the league is better and is remembered but anybody who doesnt think LFC fans will be over the moon about winning 4-1! at arguably one of the best teams ever is on smack and needs to get there head out of the sand :o

First point for this post' date=' yeah I agree the United fans havent given up talking on the 3-0 win over Liverpool last season.

Second point, I dont even think United need to get there head out of the sand as I know one loss, makes the team want to win the next clash. Liverpool fans should be over the moon yes, but the league isnt finished yet, so no point seeing Liverpool fans being confident that they can win the league and ending their 4 year trophyless(since 2005 where they won the Champions League)upset. But the only competition they can win is the Champions League. ;)

Thanks in Advance

aZkin'[/font']

4-1 so utd fans can shut up now.

Yes' date=' you all Liverpool fans want us, Devil fans to shut up. But we've got alot to talk about. You all being confident about Liverpool winning the title which is hilarious. United can just win the next clash and extend the lead to 7 points again. I see no point that Liverpool can win the league, but the only comeptition they can win is the Champions League. They have a great squad for that competition, with alot of experienced players in the selection. Rafa has split 2 different teams, one is the league an one is the Champions League. But I feel that the squad for the CL is better than the squad for the league.

Thanks in Advance

aZkin'[/font']

Second point' date=' I dont even think United need to get there head out of the sand as I know one loss, makes the team want to win the next clash. Liverpool fans should be over the moon yes, but the league isnt finished yet, so no point seeing Liverpool fans being confident that they can win the league and ending their 4 year trophyless(since 2005 where they won the Champions League)upset. But the only competition they can win is the Champions League. ;)[/quote']

To be fair that was not what I said though, I don't think LFC will win the league, I infact stated we would not win the league when we was 7 points ahead of you as I know how strong Man Utd are after Xmas.

Man Utd fans DO need to get there head out of the sand (dont mean all of them as most of them have been excellent on this thread and I praised them a few pages back) as I was talking to the ones who were telling the LFC fans to shut up about the win and to stop going on about it etc etc but this is a MASSIVE result for Liverpool, not in terms of winning the league but due to the sheer rivaly between the 2 when was the last time someone won by such a score at OT? we always lose there let alone get such a good result so LFC fans are bound to be totaly over joyed by it especially seems most are young kids who must get no end of stick from Man Utd fans at school due to the gap between the 2 over the last decade.

To be fair that was not what I said though' date=' I don't think LFC will win the league, I infact stated we would not win the league when we was 7 points ahead of you as I know how strong Man Utd are after Xmas.

Man Utd fans DO need to get there head out of the sand as I was talking to the ones who were telling the LFC fans to shut up about the win and to stop going on about it etc etc but this is a MASSIVE result for Liverpool, not in terms of winning the league but due to the sheer rivaly between the 2 when was the last time someone won by such a score at OT? we always lose there let alone get such a good result so LFC fans are bound to be totaly over joyed by it especially seems most are young kids who must get no end of stick from Man Utd fans at school due to the gap between the 2 over the last decade.[/quote']

yep I can understand Liverpool fans going over the top. This is not something that happens every week.:D on a side note you really are struggling in the gaming:eek:

Yes' date=' you all Liverpool fans want us, Devil fans to shut up. But we've got alot to talk about. You all being confident about Liverpool winning the title which is hilarious. United can just win the next clash and extend the lead to 7 points again. I see no point that Liverpool can win the league, but the only comeptition they can win is the Champions League. They have a great squad for that competition, with alot of experienced players in the selection. Rafa has split 2 different teams, one is the league an one is the Champions League. But I feel that the squad for the CL is better than the squad for the league.

Thanks in Advance

aZkin'[/font']

Nope just the odd fan getting carried away saying shut up to United fans ,so just disregard that advice we do when told the same more times from United end :D.

Also dont count your chickens before their hatched ,seen the odd

"were going to win the league now "

but thats just run of the mill stuff after results like this ,but to say thinking it could happen is hilarious is not so ,because while its Uniteds to lose they havnt won it yet .

You like us can not forsee the results of all remaining games ,you like us can not see any disrupting injuries that may come to any of our best players ,which may affect you or us.

Both fans looking at fixtures to go saying only got a few tough games ,we both got Arsenal ,Villa but most of the others of both clubs what many are seeing as easy meat most are all in relegation battle getting very close to bye bye from Prem ,and you will find its these clubs that can cause the biggest upsets if any going to be on the cards .

( THEY HAVE DONE TO US IN OUR HOME GAMES ALREADY :mad:)

Rafa by the way has not split two different teams the back 4 has very really been changed bar injuries ,Torres if hadnt been so injury stricken this season would have played in many of our Prem games and most of his was scored at Home last season and anyone would miss a striker of his calibre ,he proved this in the game just now when giving United defence a torrid time and had two of the best defenders loosing some of the calm and reasurrance they have been playing with all this time .

World class strikers can do this to you so dont worry Vidic is still a fantastic CB.;)

Also by the way the points from the home games are the difference between where both clubs are at now ,

United at OT have played 14 won a massive 12 and only drawn 1 and the loss to us so 37 out of your 65.

So away means you have picked up 28pts from 14 games .

LFC at Anfield played same 14 but only won 8 and drawn 6 but not lost yet .

So 30 pts giving the 7pts difference if you win your game in hand .

Away if you win it then thats identical ,both won 9 drawn 4 lost 2 .

Therefore its the Home points lost by us ,we have drawn to many and even though UNITED have a far better Squad in depth ours even without Torres and Stevie G as well a few times should still have been good enough to have beat these lower sides at Anfield .

As for Torres ,

"We bought the lad from sunny Spain, he gets the ball and scores again.":p

But he can only do this if he had been playing ,so instead of thinking that winning the title is Hilarious i will just think how unlucky it was to have had him out most of season when weve given the Worlds best side a run for their money ,and still are :eek: so i would say OT result has still left many with OPTIMISM not your word .:D;):)

First point for this post' date=' yeah I agree the United fans havent given up talking on the 3-0 win over Liverpool last season.

Second point, I dont even think United need to get there head out of the sand as I know one loss, makes the team want to win the next clash. Liverpool fans should be over the moon yes, but the league isnt finished yet, so no point seeing Liverpool fans being confident that they can win the league and ending their 4 year trophyless(since 2005 where they won the Champions League)upset. But the only competition they can win is the Champions League. ;)

Thanks in Advance

aZkin'[/font']

We won the FA Cup (the trphy that is clearly more valuable than 6 titles and 3 European Cups combined) in 2006.

But the only competition they can win is the Champions League. ;)

Thanks in Advance

aZkin'[/font]

I do believe even though i really would like us to lift the Prem ,its this Competition and the pot of gold it holds for all in it that fetches the millionaire foreigners to buy all our clubs plus why we have the Foreign talent comming more and more to what they used to ,do you think most of these would pick the Prem title over the European Cup ,dont think so its only your home grown that really desire their own league not the oversees ,they would rather take 1 Euro medal than any ammount of our Prem .:D:)

Calm down. I was just stating my opinions to others, and not insulting at you Nellers! I was just trying to tell other liverpool fans to just stop asking us, United fans to shut up.

But do you expect them to win the title so easily? There's always next season, and the next one. I dont want to start a fight here but, I only know Liverpool's best chance of a trophy is the Champions League, really. Look at their Champions League selection squad, it has some quality players like Gerrard and Torres, even some experienced players like Sammi Hyypia. So I think Champions League is their best chance of a trophy this season.

As a United fan, Liverpool can only win the CL if they can outsmart United, Chelsea and Barcelona in the knockout stages.

Guest melbguy1

Calm down. I was just stating my opinions to others' date=' and not insulting at you Nellers! I was just trying to tell other liverpool fans to just stop asking us, United fans to shut up.

But do you expect them to win the title so easily? There's always next season, and the next one. I dont want to start a fight here but, I only know Liverpool's best chance of a trophy is the Champions League, really. Look at their Champions League selection squad, it has some quality players like Gerrard and Torres, even some experienced players like Sammi Hyypia. So I think Champions League is their best chance of a trophy this season.

As a United fan, Liverpool can only win the CL if they can outsmart United, Chelsea and Barcelona in the knockout stages.[/font']

let that be a lesson to you :P

what ever trophy LFC has a sniff of winning will be the trophy that LFC fans find appealing:rolleyes: