Man Utd V Liverpool

James C

Re: Man Utd V Liverpool

what 3 times? are you suggesting the scoreline is a good indictation of the game?

Man U is ripping into LFC is what I have been saying with my stats... your amazing if you think otherwise

3 times: First you did the fake shot stat and then the possession stat and then the 'clown' thing.

As for the scoreline, it is by no means outrageous. As Martin Tyler said, after the United goal there was a 'seismic change of direction in Liverpool's favour' and I think we're certainly good enough for the score. Any team could be leading this game; we've had as many shots as Man U, we've had more possession. Their main advantage over us is number of corners, all of which have came to nothing. I'm not saying we're battering them but are you even watching the game?

I don't what you've got against LFC but I think even Man U fans (Jacko and Bed) would say we were decent value for the lead and certainly good enough to be drawing.

Guest melbguy1

I give up, I must be watching another game:o

the one im watching has Man U with over double the amount of shots that LFC has had and the ball has been in the LFC defensive half more than the Man U one.

I need to double check and see if I'm watching a replay or something

what 3 times? are you suggesting the scoreline is a good indictation of the game?

Man U is ripping into LFC is what I have been saying with my stats... your amazing if you think otherwise

it seems every goal pool scores is a lucky one.

2 lucky goals against real and now 2 against united.

I won't mind if we continue being lucky.

Commentators said it has been terrible apart from the goal action.

Seems these two on Five Live are giving a poor analysis of the game. :(

It's a classic british game - high tempo, lots of tackles. The football isn't of the highest standard and all 3 goals came from mistakes but it's still a decent watch.

I'd never take anything Chris Waddle says seriously anyway ;)

Commentators said it has been terrible apart from the goal action.

Seems these two on Five Live are giving a poor analysis of the game. :(

As Man U-Liverpool games go, to be honest it's been one of the better ones. But overall, still pretty cagey and quite a bit of sparring. But I expect a barnstorming start from Man U after a likely half-time rollocking and the game may well open up. Nicely set-up for a great second half :)

Anday Gray has bone barmy and so have a few of our players. He thinks Torres should have got a pen when he pulling Vidic back:rolleyes: First real mistake by Vidic this season, shame it had to come in this game. The game is really open though and I can see us scoring hopefully. Though it's nice to see the best defender,striker,midfielder,winger playing in the same match

2-1 Liverpool at HT. Two Pens' date=' both were pens.

Vidic !?![/quote']

Just discovered that Vidic isn't perfect after all:(

Likes of Rooney and Ronaldo just need to keep a cool head and not let frustration get the best of them.

COME ON UNITED!

:o

Oh ye, get Scholesy on :o

As Man U-Liverpool games go' date=' to be honest it's been one of the better ones. But overall, still pretty cagey and quite a bit of sparring. But I expect a barnstorming start from Man U after a likely half-time rollocking and the game may well open up. Nicely set-up for a great second half :)[/quote']

Cagey:eek: Certainly not mate. Been end to end though lacking in quality on some occasions.

Very even game at the minute. Gerrard has been anonymous apart from the penalty. And Melb, how on earth can you attempt to call that a dive? "lucky for Gerrard that the defender made contact as he was on his way down anyway..lol" Evra took his legs out fcs!

Two blunders for the first two goals, don't know what Reina was playing at; if he'd stayed on his feet Park would have dribbled it off anyway. Definite penalty, and a great finish from Ronaldo.

As for the Vidic one, admittedly it was a very hard ball, with the wind as well, but at the very least he should have got a touch on it. I know for certain that Ferdinand would have thrown himself at it to stop Torres getting it (I've seen Ferdinand deal with balls like that before). Indecision by Vidic, punished by Torres. Good finish. Great finish from Gerrard for the penalty as well.

Ref has been fantastic today, not seen him make one mistake. And finally, I get to listen to some good commentators. :D Gray and Tyler are legends. :)

All in all, a very close game. And something's going to go against statistics today:

Man United have won every game at OT when Ronaldo has scored.

Liverpool have picked up 18 points from a possible 21 from losing positions this season.

We should be in a for an interesting second-half. :)

lol.. how chubby is the referee... for comedic value focus on him for a bit.. I don't think he can last the whole game.

Summary so far

Man U 182 shots 1 goal

LFC 1 shot 1 goal

Alan Wiley is one of the best refs in the business. Clearly you have never heard of him to make that comment...

Guest melbguy1

it seems every goal pool scores is a lucky one.

2 lucky goals against real and now 2 against united.

I won't mind if we continue being lucky.

when did I say 2 lucky goals against Man U:rolleyes:

for real now, for real

Very even game at the minute. Gerrard has been anonymous apart from the penalty. And Melb' date=' how on earth can you attempt to call that a dive? "lucky for Gerrard that the defender made contact as he was on his way down anyway..lol" Evra took his legs out fcs!

Two blunders for the first two goals, don't know what Reina was playing at; if he'd stayed on his feet Park would have dribbled it off anyway. Definite penalty, and a great finish from Ronaldo.

As for the Vidic one, admittedly it was a very hard ball, with the wind as well, but at the very least he should have got a touch on it. I know for certain that Ferdinand would have thrown himself at it to stop Torres getting it (I've seen Ferdinand deal with balls like that before). Indecision by Vidic, punished by Torres. Good finish. Great finish from Gerrard for the penalty as well.

Ref has been fantastic today, not seen him make one mistake. And finally, I get to listen to some good commentators. :D [b']Gray and Tyler are legends[/b]. :)

All in all, a very close game. And something's going to go against statistics today:

Man United have won every game at OT when Ronaldo has scored.

Liverpool have picked up 18 points from a possible 21 from losing positions this season.

We should be in a for an interesting second-half. :)

Alan Wiley is one of the best refs in the business. Clearly you have never heard of him to make that comment...

Due to what? For making complete fool of themselves:rolleyes:

I don't what you've got against LFC but I think even Man U fans (Jacko and Bed) would say we were decent value for the lead and certainly good enough to be drawing.

I am no Man Utd fan :o

Family full of Liverpool supporters so if anything I side with the Scousers - but pretty much completely nuetral.....and yes Liverpool are good value for the lead :)

What?!? United ripping into LiverpooL? You're the only one who thinks that mate. I'm very interested to read the stats now; they must be very close.

I give up' date=' I must be watching another game:o

the one im watching has Man U with over double the amount of shots that LFC has had and the ball has been in the LFC defensive half more than the Man U one.

I need to double check and see if I'm watching a replay or something[/quote']

United double the amount of shots? Liverpool more defensive? It's been as close as you could get for a Man United at OT game.

Yes, I think you most certainly are watching a different game.

Guest melbguy1

Very even game at the minute. Gerrard has been anonymous apart from the penalty. And Melb' date=' how on earth can you attempt to call that a dive? "lucky for Gerrard that the defender made contact as he was on his way down anyway..lol" Evra took his legs out fcs!

[/quote']

it was a penalty, never said it wasn't :rolleyes:

however Gerrards right foot was already 'dragging' even before Evra 'took his legs out'.. suss it out next time you see it but it was a penalty anyway.

Due to what? For making complete fool of themselves:rolleyes:

Making a complete fool of themselves? Because they said something you disagreed with?

These two are some of the best analystic commentators in the business' date=' yes occasionally they might get something wrong, but it's a joy to listen to them, and unlike the likes of Pleat, they actually get excited when there's a goal or a good chance.

Wind? Vidic turned and let the ball bounce. A general rule for defending is dont let the ball bounce. He put his head in his hands when Torres scored as he knew he'd made a very costly mistake.

Yes, wind. I thought it was quite clear that the wind was blowing it slightly to the side.

I'm not trying to defend Vidic, but the wind did play a part in that.

Another thing that is bugging me evefryone goes on abour Ronaldo going to ground to easy which i admit he does but you look at Torres i mean apart from his goal he was on the floor.If Vidic near as touched Torres you can guarentee that Torres is gonna be on the floor

Making a complete fool of themselves? Because they said something you disagreed with?

These two are some of the best analystic commentators in the business' date=' yes occasionally they might get something wrong, but it's a joy to listen to them, and unlike the likes of Pleat, they actually get excited when there's a goal or a good chance.

[/quote']

Mate hes talking shi te. Torres barges into Ferdinand when his back is turned and he says it's a freekick. Torres is pulling Vidic clearly and he says it's a penalty.

Another thing that is bugging me evefryone goes on abour Ronaldo going to ground to easy which i admit he does but you look at Torres i mean apart from his goal he was on the floor.If Vidic near as touched Torres you can guarentee that Torres is gonna be on the floor

Are you trying to say Torres dived now? :confused: Torres hasn't gone down easily once I feel.

Are you talking about the tangle of legs in the box?

As for diving, Ronaldo's been good this game. Just the one dive; right on the 45 minutes mark he went down very easily and rolled over.