Man Utd V Liverpool

James C

Re: Man Utd V Liverpool

Wow. What a game. How often do United concede 4 at OT? Liverpool beating Real Madrid 4-0 and winning 4-1 at OT in one week. I wish I was a Liverpool fan. :(

United dominated second half really, until the sending off. I think it was fair tbh, although it's definitely debateable. Gerrard was through on goal, if he hadn't been fouled he would have been one-on-one.

Amazing finish from Aurelio, and a great goal from Dossena against the run of play the minute Gerrard went off too. United really missed Vidic for that last goal.

I still think United will win the league though; 4 points clear, game in hand, 10 games to play.

Such a great feeling to see United lose 4-1 at OT though. :D

I don't think Liverpool could have scripted it better. Gerrard was, somewhat predictably, fantastic and an injured Torres made our defenders look, and this isn't harsh, shambolic. As an individual, Rooney was on his game but there aren't too many positives surrounding today. I do think we'll be fine in the league but if this defeat had come a month or so earlier, when we were further from the finishing line, it could have been much more significant.

i always thought that man utd had the best defence in the world until today :D vidic certainly don't deserve 97 based on this performance.

what a game.

But them Reina dosen't deserve a 90 based on this game and apart from the goal Gerrard didn't do much either apart from getting vidic sent off and missing a sitter. SoI guess he should be a 93. Ronaldo a 90:rolleyes:

And this was hardly a inform United team

Buy another one' date=' we might start scoring 8 per game! :P[/quote']

Theyre cheap enough £20 at JJB. Btw, who would have thought that Liverpool would beat Utd 4-1, at OT, with a last-minute change before KO, with two defenders scoring, and Utd scoring first. I wonder if anyone bet on Dossena being next scorer at 3-1.

EDIT: Kev (aka Synyster) put a quid on Dossena scoring, and won £30!

when we won at anfield people were saying that it was because man utd was poor at that time as compared to a on form liverpool.

now' date=' it's an on form utd against pool. Anymore words to say :D[/quote']

on form? :confused:

Apart from the penalty I just couldn't see where a goal was going to come from, basically everyone was shocking except Park :rolleyes:

Anyway, don't think I should post too much as I've just spent an hour swearing at the TV and wrecking the house :o

Last two games we have seen a completely different liverpool to the side that has come out and played over the last few months. It annoys me the way that we can't seem to beat the lesser teams to be really honest.

Ill be very highly surprised if man united lose this though, 4 points, one game in hand, united really need to slip up more than twice really, and liverpool need to win all. However, for now i shall bask in winning glory. :D

What a game' date=' what a week! L'pool did brilliantly today but I'd be a liar if I didn't say that I felt 4-1 was harsh on United.

I can't see us winning the title still as it is United's to lose BUT now we've got a chance, now we've got hope. I can only hope that Man U lose momentum and confidence in a HUGE way.[/quote']

Good sum-up. Title hopes have long gone and this was more for pride and I hope even most Man U fans will admit we deserved it. A performance resembling the clinical performances Liverpool have shown under Rafa in Europe. The expected onslaught from Man U was not forthcoming and probably a few players underperformed in the Red. There's still a gulf in class overall between the two sides, but performances like this show we are getting closer :). To do the double over a side quite possibly destined for eternal greatness by doing the quintuple is some achievement. I'm sure this will just spur Man U on to redouble their efforts and may just be the kick-up-the-backside they needed to focus their minds. In a way it may just be the best thing to happen for Man U :eek: (although it may not feel like it just now). Having been on such an amazing run in their quest for the quintuple, there was an air of invincibility developing and possibly some complacency to boot - Fergie will have them up for it again big-time now and I pity their next opponents.

PS. Thought you might have been busy for a little while longer after the fourth, Bob ;):D.

i always thought that man utd had the best defence in the world until today :Dvidic certainly don't deserve 97 based on this performance.

what a game.

He certainly doesn't deserve 97 based on THIS performance. SM don't rate players based on one game though:rolleyes:. I was tipping him for 96, and i think he is still on track to get the 96. Still been one of United's best performers this season.

I hope the bit in bold was a joke?:)

Theyre cheap enough £20 at JJB. Btw' date=' who would have thought that Liverpool would beat Utd 4-1, at OT, with a last-minute change before KO, with two defenders scoring, and Utd scoring first. [b']I wonder if anyone bet on Dossena being next scorer at 3-1[/b].

*Cough* 30 Quid on Bet365!!!! WHAT A DAY, I'm off to get liverpools Green Shirt :D

on form? :confused:

Apart from the penalty I just couldn't see where a goal was going to come from' date=' basically everyone was shocking except Park :rolleyes:

Anyway, don't think I should post too much as I've just spent an hour swearing at the TV and wrecking the house :o[/quote']

b4 this game man utd won 10 games on the trot, had the best defensive record (even now) and don't seem like losing. if that is not form what is that?

Just come back from the pub, and I've lost my voice after cheering so much :P.

Double over Chelsea, Real Madrid and now Man Utd. Say what you want but that doesn't happed by chance.

I've sure Utd fans will have their reasons why everything was against them, and they deserved to win, etc. But it really doesn't bother me. My team do the talking on the pitch.

He certainly doesn't deserve 97 based on THIS performance. SM don't rate players based on one game though:rolleyes:. I was tipping him for 96' date=' and i think he is still on track to get the 96. Still been one of United's best performers this season.

I hope the bit in bold was a joke?:)[/quote']

yea certainly some ppl didn't see it :D

Good sum-up. Title hopes have long gone and this was more for pride and I hope even most Man U fans will admit we deserved it. A performance resembling the clinical performances Liverpool have shown under Rafa. The expected onslaught from Man U was not forthcoming and probably a few players underperformed in the Red. There's still a gulf in class overall between the two sides' date=' but performances like this show we are getting closer :). To do the double over a side quite possibly destined for eternal greatness by doing the quintuple is some achievement. I'm sure this will just spur Man U on to redouble their efforts and may just be the kick-up-the-backside they needed to focus their minds. In a way it may just be the best thing to happen for Man U :eek: (although it may not feel like it just now). Having been on such an amazing run in their quest for the quintuple, there was an air of invincibility developing and possibly some complacency to boot - Fergie will have them up for it again big-time now and I pity their next opponents.

PS. Thought you might have been busy for a little while longer after the fourth, Bob ;):D.[/quote']

Hahah all fans except REDDEVILFC :P who's already decided not to focus on how great Liverpool were (see earlier post).

Come on mate, Liverpool were too good and the only player in red who actually looked decent was Rooney. We were horrible, but Liverpool were amazing.