• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Argentinian Analysis Apertura

Re: Argentinian Analysis

It was just about the mnost farcical yet in some ways the most enjoyable game I have ever watched.

First up we had the missed penalty followed by the delay for 30mins because of a hailstorm, eventually come back on to the pitch.. Velez score the winner in the 82nd minute with a dodgy goal but a cool finish, the guy is then sent off for removing his shirt earning a 2nd yellow card this is followed by a 10-13minute delay as both benches, players etc indulge in a bit of handbags and verbal jousting whilst at the same time some old lady who must be around 70 prances about in her Velez sarsfield shirt whipping the crowd up into a frenzy. :P (About th funniest thing i have seen this year)

Eventually the game is finished after 16minutes of Injury time and an scrambled finale where Huracan try desperately to mount an offensive but were unable to create any real chance and Velez Sarsfield are Champions!

IMO there is no debate that Huracan are the better footballing team but you have to admire Velez work ethic, effort, determination and I felt that Huracan were masters of there own doing by sitting back in the 2nd half which is not there natural game and tey ended up paying the price.

I was particuarly impressed by Otamendi who was immense at the back for Velez, Pastore and Bolatti were dominant in the midle of the park for Huracan however DE Federico had a poor game not in keeping with his displays for the rest of the season.

I wanted Huracan to be champions but what a crazy crazy game only in Argentina would the season end like this...it was farcical but fascinating at the same time

A personal message to the 70yr old Velez Sarsfield lady fan...what a legend...or should that be leg end I can decide...hillarious :P

Will go into my opinions in depth when I get 2 minutes, but in short, ref had a shocker, Velez really let themselves down, and Capa got it all wrong.

Also, @ Ray. Sorry I didn't reply to that PM, will do when I get a second to do so :) And, GC61, I was insulted at the PM you sent me :P

Guest Abdel Zizi

Boy o boy, what a finale.

I was cheering for Huracan TBH, but as I have both Pastore as Velez' Maxi Moralez in my main team, i was delighted to see Maxi score.

That was on ESPN, because when I saw the game on tube and espacially the goal, I was gutted.

Huracan was robbed bigtime, as it clearly was a foul on the goalie.

On a funnier note, Maxi had to stretch because all those players were laying on him for a while :P

It was just about the mnost farcical yet in some ways the most enjoyable game I have ever watched.

First up we had the missed penalty followed by the delay for 30mins because of a hailstorm' date=' eventually come back on to the pitch.. Velez score the winner in the 82nd minute with a dodgy goal but a cool finish, the guy is then sent off for removing his shirt earning a 2nd yellow card this is followed by a 10-13minute delay as both benches, players etc indulge in a bit of handbags and verbal jousting whilst at the same time some old lady who must be around 70 prances about in her Velez sarsfield shirt whipping the crowd up into a frenzy. :P (About th funniest thing i have seen this year)

Eventually the game is finished after 16minutes of Injury time and an scrambled finale where Huracan try desperately to mount an offensive but were unable to create any real chance and Velez Sarsfield are Champions!

IMO there is no debate that Huracan are the better footballing team but you have to admire Velez work ethic, effort, determination and I felt that Huracan were masters of there own doing by sitting back in the 2nd half which is not there natural game and tey ended up paying the price.

I was particuarly impressed by Otamendi who was immense at the back for Velez, Pastore and Bolatti were dominant in the midle of the park for Huracan however DE Federico had a poor game not in keeping with his displays for the rest of the season.

I wanted Huracan to be champions but what a crazy crazy game only in Argentina would the season end like this...it was farcical but fascinating at the same time

A personal message to the 70yr old Velez Sarsfield lady fan...what a legend...or should that be leg end I can decide...hillarious :P[/quote']

You forgot about the 3 goals disallowed, the first(Huracan`s) looked pretty correct ;)

(1) YESTERDAY: Looking forward to everyone's take on yesterday's match... I think Kensational hit it on the head when he wrote that Huracan "wished they went for it" and just played their normal game...

(2) PASTORE: I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks' date=' so I apologize if news on this has been mentioned, but..... Seems like silly-season is in full effect. I just read on that tape that Palermo is close to signing Pastore. It would be a good signing for them, and significantly cheaper than Nilmar. That said, I can't believe he'd sign with them. I thought that there were a few other more attractive options available to him (i.e. Arsenal, Porto).

[b'](3) AND SPEAKING of PORTO...:[/b] Is this club still doing business in South America ? If so, it's news to me. Haven't heard ANYTHING out of Porto. Maybe DerbyPower (or anyone else) can comment on their transfer intentions w regards to Argentina...

Porto doing business in South America? Obviously! B)

We won´t bring Pastore or Buonanotte like it was speculated, but Lanus´s Diego Valeri will most likely join Porto, who will attempt to bring back that Valeri that almost single-handedly gave Lanus the title last year (or was it two years ago?). And I believe he will be the only one who will come from Argentina.

Isn't this a fundamental shift in mentality ? Relying on players from other Portuguese teams (Cissohko' date=' Sa, etc...) seems a disastrous strategy considering how effective Argentina (and Brazil) have been for them in the past...

Don't tell me Bolatti soured them THAT much...!! ;)[/quote']

Disastrous strategy? Far from it. Let me recall you how many Portuguese players Porto had in the starting XI when we were European champions in 2004: 9. And all of them came from small Portuguese teams. So I consider both strategies effective. Besides, Porto is not relying solely on players of Argentina, Brazil and Portugal. We just bought Belluschi from Olympiakos, which was a great signing.

Bolatti won´t return to Porto. We will sell him while he is hyped, for a fee in the region of 5M.

Yeah.

"Disastrous" was a bit harsh... ;) I just think Portugal is such a fantastic entrance into Europe for these South American players. Was hoping to see some of these Argentinians there this coming year' date=' but it doesn't sound like that's in the works right now... Guess I'll just have to tune into Benfica matches for my Euro / South American fix.[/quote']

Oh, the "fantastic entrance" depends on the team ;). Well, isn´t Valeri enough? And you have hundreds of Brazilians who came this season to smaller clubs, and a lot of them are not on the database or are 70´s rated players and will put in decent raises. Just keep up with the Portuguese thread in my signature and you´ll see (it is still under construction though and it won´t kick-off until the beginning of the season for obvious reasons). Benfica? Bah, please, follow Braga instead, way better than that mediocre team. :)

First up we had the missed penalty followed by the delay for 30mins because of a hailstorm' date=' eventually come back on to the pitch.. Velez score the winner in the 82nd minute with a dodgy goal but a cool finish, the guy is then sent off for removing his shirt earning a 2nd yellow card this is followed by a 10-13minute delay as both benches, players etc indulge in a bit of handbags and verbal jousting whilst at the same time some old lady who must be around 70 prances about in her Velez sarsfield shirt whipping the crowd up into a frenzy. :P (About th funniest thing i have seen this year)

A personal message to the 70yr old Velez Sarsfield lady fan...what a legend...or should that be leg end I can decide...hillarious :P[/quote']

Feel very sorry for Huracan & their fans. They really deserved it this year & then to lose it to a goal that should have never stood makes it that much worse. (Wouldn't have wanted to be the ref who disallowed it though)

aGumk6jopoo

That's really harsh on Huracan. The goalie was taken out, and yet play continued? In England if you even try to challenge the keeper for a header at a corner, 9 out of 10 times the keeper wins a free kick. That's one extreme to the other.

Porto signed highly rated (Argentinian!) Belluschi today from Olympiakos' date=' is that enough? :P[/quote']

Good price which leaves them a bit of cash left over from Lucho.

DerbyPower, can Porto afford (not economically I mean) to sell Lucho, Lisandro and Bruno Alves in one summer? Or do you not expect them to sell the latter two?

Firstly, I must say that I, like most others, was absolutely gutted last night to hear that Huracan had been beaten to the Clausura title at the winner's post. I missed the match, but I understand it was a cracker in terms of drama and action. Velez deserve some applause for being very consistent over the course of the campaign, but there can be no doubt that Huracan played the best football over the last few months with a pretty young team at that. But, I gather that Huracan rued their decision to take a negative approach into the game. C'est la vie.

Secondly, it has been reported that Ivan Pillud, one of the biggest risers in the recent Argentinian changes, has sealed a one-year loan deal to Espanyol with a view to a permanent move. Seems like a decent move to me, and I hope he will fit in well.

Good price which leaves them a bit of cash left over from Lucho.

DerbyPower' date=' can Porto afford (not economically I mean) to sell Lucho, Lisandro and Bruno Alves in one summer? Or do you not expect them to sell the latter two?[/quote']

My opinion? In the league, yes. In the Champions League? No. Wouldn´t be too surprised if we didn´t get through the eight-finals. Lucho is a player of extreme calibre. Losing him is like cutting one´s leg. We have to wait to get the right prosthesis. Lisandro is the best striker in Portugal and has a class that few strikers in the world have. Losing him is like losing one eye. We can still see, just not as good as before. Bruno Alves is the "emperor". Losing him is the same thing as breaking the spine and get thrown to a wheel chair. Now take the three of them at the same time... Our luck is that in Portugal our opponents don´t have both legs, are totally blind, and instead of a wheel chair, they are in a bed and can´t move at all. But not in the CL.

My opinion? In the league' date=' yes. In the Champions League? No. Wouldn´t be too surprised if we didn´t get through the eight-finals. Lucho is a player of extreme calibre. Losing him is like cutting one´s leg. We have to wait to get the right prosthesis. Lisandro is the best striker in Portugal and has a class that few strikers in the world have. Losing him is like losing one eye. We can still see, just not as good as before. Bruno Alves is the "emperor". Losing him is the same thing as breaking the spine and get thrown to a wheel chair. Now take the three of them at the same time... Our luck is that in Portugal our opponents don´t have both legs, are totally blind, and instead of a wheel chair, they are in a bed and can´t move at all. But in the CL.[/quote']

hahahaha i love this analogy:D

Guest Abdel Zizi

My opinion? In the league' date=' yes. In the Champions League? No. Wouldn´t be too surprised if we didn´t get through the eight-finals. Lucho is a player of extreme calibre. Losing him is like cutting one´s leg. We have to wait to get the right prosthesis. Lisandro is the best striker in Portugal and has a class that few strikers in the world have. Losing him is like losing one eye. We can still see, just not as good as before. Bruno Alves is the "emperor". Losing him is the same thing as breaking the spine and get thrown to a wheel chair. Now take the three of them at the same time... Our luck is that in Portugal our opponents don´t have both legs, are totally blind, and instead of a wheel chair, they are in a bed and can´t move at all. But not in the CL.[/quote']

That was fun to read:)

Guest Abdel Zizi

Sure. But how much would cost Blanco? And Valeri? ;)

Blanco should only cost 1.5M more, as I read a few days ago on ESPN.

If that's true, they really should go for Blanco

My opinion? In the league' date=' yes. In the Champions League? No. Wouldn´t be too surprised if we didn´t get through the eight-finals. Lucho is a player of extreme calibre. Losing him is like cutting one´s leg. We have to wait to get the right prosthesis. Lisandro is the best striker in Portugal and has a class that few strikers in the world have. Losing him is like losing one eye. We can still see, just not as good as before. Bruno Alves is the "emperor". Losing him is the same thing as breaking the spine and get thrown to a wheel chair. Now take the three of them at the same time... Our luck is that in Portugal our opponents don´t have both legs, are totally blind, and instead of a wheel chair, they are in a bed and can´t move at all. But in the CL.[/quote']

An odd way to put it, but a good metaphor nonetheless.

How does money + Henrique + Keirrison (season-long loan) for Bruno Alves sound to you?