Argentinian Analysis

Re: Argentinian Analysis

So he's definately worth keeping hold of for Rochdale then is he mate? Keeping him anywhere else I have him anyway' date=' but as you know with that team you need as much money as possible.

Also, is Jonathan Blanco still getting games for Tigre? Not bothered to check up on him much after I got him added TBH :rolleyes::D Just wanted to know if he was more a riser for just that one time or if I could squeeze another two or three out of him for certain teams.

Cheers mate.[/quote']

Jonathan Blanco! I am a huge fan! And so are Juve by the looks of things. He's been out injured for the last month, but is expected back pretty soon, and he really is a special kid. Won't expand on this too much, as he'll be in the Tigre bio section, but I really wouldn't sell unless its a league that you can buy back with relative ease.

Nice thread' date=' just read through the whole thing.

Salvio rose by 9 recently, how's he playing, worth keeping?[/quote']

Funny these two should be mentioned, as they are the two that interested Juve's head scout recently! Anyway, Salvio's also currently injured, although it's only a sprained ankle, so his career should still be OK... Salvio is to Lanus what Delph is to Leeds, and what Rafael is to Man U. Massive talent, sure to be playing along side Messi in the NT one day. Short term, he might see a plus 1 or 2 if Lanus risk him and let him shine this Clausura, but the move to Europe is just around the corner. He gets Italian citizenship in a couple of months, and is sure to head that way in the summer. Again, I'll post more in the Lanus bio section, but I hope this answers any immediate questions you both have.

Have done Gimnasia J, planning on Boca tomorrow, which is a treat believe you me! Will also write a brief review on what was a particularly exciting weekends action.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Argentinian Analysis Apertura

Hi Radebe, just needing to pick your brains. I have both Lucas Viatri and Jonathan Cristaldo in my Montrose team at the moment and I intend selling one of them. Would I be better off retaining Viatri as I am leaning towards keeping hold of him rather than Cristaldo?

Presently I have El Hamdaoui, Ibisevic and Arnautovic as my main strikers.

Many thanks.

Hi Radebe' date=' just needing to pick your brains. I have both Lucas Viatri and Jonathan Cristaldo in my Montrose team at the moment and I intend selling one of them. Would I be better off retaining Viatri as I am leaning towards keeping hold of him rather than Cristaldo?

Presently I have El Hamdaoui, Ibisevic and Arnautovic as my main strikers.

Many thanks.[/color']

I would disagree. Cristaldo is a part of the Argentinian u20 setup, and is a key figure at Velez. He will probably get to 86 next time, but long term he one to keep an eye on. Viatri also has the same long term prospects, but Cristaldo will see a lot more first team football this Clausura, and has a more preferable age when European teams are casting their eyes around Argentina.

Also, if you are selling for cash, it may be worth selling Ibisevic, as he will have a more preferable CV, and sure won't be rising for sometime following his injury.

I would disagree. Cristaldo is a part of the Argentinian u20 setup' date=' and is a key figure at Velez. He will probably get to 86 next time, but long term he one to keep an eye on. Viatri also has the same long term prospects, but Cristaldo will see a lot more first team football this Clausura, and has a more preferable age when European teams are casting their eyes around Argentina.

Also, if you are selling for cash, it may be worth selling Ibisevic, as he will have a more preferable CV, and sure won't be rising for sometime following his injury.[/quote']

Thanks for the prompt response Radebe and for throwing another possibility into the equation.

I think I may take your advice and sell Ibisevic, as in my set up I will get around about £8m for him and that would pay for two decent players, as you cannot buy anybody with a rating higher than 85.

Have updated the overall, and also added Boca, and it is definitely a post worth reading.

As for the weekends action, the red cards slowed down a little, there were no abandoned matches, and some great goals, amongst some pretty bad defending.

Estudiantes are really struggling, another loss away from home at a weak San Martin, and Racing opened their winning account at home to 10 man Godoy, although it was far from convincing. The weekend started with a fiery friday, Rosario tore Arsenal apart, at Arsenal!, and Gimnasia J recorded a shock, with a 4-1 victory over big boys independiente. Boca, San Lorenzo, Tigre and Lanus all won expectedly, and Velez came from behind at home to River to share the spoils. The remaining match saw Newell's come from behind twice to take a point of Huracan at home, a result they won't be too enthralled with.

Did you hear that River are trying to buy him at the end of the Clausura? If that goes through then he could be worth keeping, but I'm not sure as to how much truth there is behind it.

Havnt heard of it of schaffer. But River do alot better then last season. I also made a thread "Johan's Argentina rating predictions " but only wrote player name and rating who i think wil go up. U good nice thread

Crazy weekend!! Only 5 sending off's this time round though!

Independiente put in an outstanding performance for their managers last game in charge, running out 4 - 1 winners against Newells. Banfield's keeper scored twice from the spot to give them a 2 - 0 win over Arsenal, whilst Godoy and Gim LP shared the spoils with a 1 - 1 draw. Gim J kept their good run going with an impressive 1 goal win away to Argentinos Juniors, and River came back from 1 down to San Martin to win 2 - 1, with a last minute goal. Struggling Estudiantes were held at home to a goalless draw by a somewhat resurgent Racing, and Boca and Tigre also played out a nil nil. The two shocks of the weekend were Huracan demolishing top of the table Lanus 3 - 0, with Pastore (78) grabbing a brace, and San Lorenzo getting smashed 3 - 0 away to Colon, although having 3 men sent off in 6 minutes didn't help matters for them.

The first post is updated now, and I will continue working my way through each team individually, and updating them as necessary.

Hey Radebe, great thread as always!

Just wondering if you could do the once over on a thread I have made on Federico Mancuello. I'm sure you've noticed him breaking into the starting XI at Independiente this Clausura and I would appreciate your thoughts on his potential and the thread as a whole. You do seem to be the king of Argentina when it comes to player ratings/analysis! ;) Thanks for your time.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=557709#post557709

Hey Radebe' date=' just wondering about Nicolas Burdisso of Rosario Central - have you tried sending in a ticket about him or are you waiting until he's played at the weekend? I just tried but it wouldn't let me because he's only played 360 minutes. :([/quote']

He has the exact same name as the Inter defender! :eek:

Whoops! My mistake - I meant to put Guillermo Burdisso....Nicolas' younger brother. He's started the last 4 games at Rosario' date=' scoring twice. See here:

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=557709#post557709[/url]

I don't post about players until I have had them added :rolleyes: I've just had 5 bids worth of competition created in GCs now :mad:

In answer to the question, he will be added even with them minutes, but I only send tickets in on 1 day of the week, and that day has passed.

I don't post about players until I have had them added :rolleyes: I've just had 5 bids worth of competition created in GCs now :mad:

In answer to the question' date=' he will be added even with them minutes, but I only send tickets in on 1 day of the week, and that day has passed.[/quote']

My apologies, but maybe I differ in opinions. If I miss out on a player in my championship, it's not the end of the world. I'll just look out for the next talent that's always around the corner.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

Hi Radebe

Just read a Tim Vickery article where he reckoned Juan Forlin could be a possiblity for the Argentine 2010 squad. I'm guessing that it might be an advantage playing for Boca but have you heard of anything that might indicate Maradona calling him up for the NT?

Interestingly as well, he wrote some very complimentary things about Otamendi & his impressive start to the season.

Hi Radebe

Just read a Tim Vickery article where he reckoned Juan Forlin could be a possiblity for the Argentine 2010 squad. I'm guessing that it might be an advantage playing for Boca but have you heard of anything that might indicate Maradona calling him up for the NT?

Interestingly as well' date=' he wrote some very complimentary things about Otamendi & his impressive start to the season.[/quote']

Do you have a link for this article? I'd quite like to read it.

Hi Radebe

Interestingly as well' date=' he wrote some very complimentary things about Otamendi & his impressive start to the season.[/quote']

Funny you should say that, he has just been called up to the NT! Himself and Danny Montenegro are the newcomers for the Venezuela and Bolivia games. I doubt he will get any action, but to make it into the squad at such a tender age as a defender, without playing in Europe is a real positive. I'd say the chances of 2010 world cup squad are extremely likely. Throughout Boca's cagey start after Christmas, it is Forlin and Battaglia who have shone.

Otamendi is definitely one for the future, his reputation getting bigger by the minute. He's currently covering for Waldo Ponce, but even Gareca (Velez Manager) has stated that once Ponce returns from his injury, he will be torn as to which player to start with. That is the impact the Otamendi has made in his 6 games.

It's good to have questions from someone with knowledge of the Argentinian game, rather than going off stats. Thanks :)

Tom...

BOLIVIA!

That is all :)

I'm sorry' date=' couldn't help it.[/color']

Mark...

Carrizzo + Altitude = Disaster

:/

Luke...

Torres has lost his place to both Formica and Sperdutti, and is playing a bit part. Newell's made a great start but have lost momentum, so we will see if they resort back to Torres, who had quite a lively Apertura. If not, there is definitely no rise for him at this rate.