Argentinian Analysis

Radebe20

Re: Argentinian Analysis

Hi Radebe what should I do with Patricio RODRIGUEZ from Independiente' date=' is he playing there?:)

Thanks![/quote']

He hasn't played this Clausura, but he impressed in the Aperture, and I think he's one to keep an eye on if you have enough patience!

Mark...

Carrizzo + Altitude = Disaster

:/

Luke...

Torres has lost his place to both Formica and Sperdutti' date=' and is playing a bit part. Newell's made a great start but have lost momentum, so we will see if they resort back to Torres, who had quite a lively Apertura. If not, there is definitely no rise for him at this rate.[/quote']

i have formica in some small teams, was wondering if sperdutti is worth picking up??

have VERY little cash, so good info is vital :)

Guest Atkin

Dunno how i missed this cracker!

Looks like some decent rises, wish I had kept hold of a few players from the previous chages thou. :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work mate, your predictions are magnanimus!!

Absolutely cracking thread Radebe. Just wondering about the development of Marcelo Burzac, the young attacking midfielder at Boca.

People had him down on the forum as 'the next Riquelme' about a year or so ago, but I haven't heard a lot about him since, and he hasn't budged from his 70 rating!

Keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to seeing how you predict the rest of the teams!

Boca V River Plate tonight' date=' looking forward to this B) Are you watching it Radebe?[/quote']

El Classico :D Certainly am. The two giants, both of whom are playing good football but not getting the best results. Hopefully I will find half an hour later to write up a match preview :)

El Classico :D Certainly am. The two giants' date=' both of whom are playing good football but not getting the best results. Hopefully I will find half an hour later to write up a match preview :)[/quote']

Just wondering Radebe, how come Boca fielded such a weak team against Estudiantes last week? They practically had a brand new defence out compared to previous weeks. Was it just injury problems or did they have an important game midweek which I can find no record of?

Just wondering Radebe' date=' how come Boca fielded such a weak team against Estudiantes last week? They practically had a brand new defence out compared to previous weeks. Was it just injury problems or did they have an important game midweek which I can find no record of?[/quote']

No midweek game, the injury problems at both of the sides have been relentless. A number of players who had slight knocks were also rested for today. This game isn't like any English derby, it's much more deep rooted than that. It's more like 2 rival Mafia families coming to blows, and as a great percentage of players on today's pitch are Argentinian, they fully understand what is expected of them.

Two big doubts for today are Riquelme and Falcao, and they are huge worries because neither have any replacements as such. For Boca, Gaitan will have to stand up and be counted today, and Buonanotte for River. Slightly happier news in the Boca camp though is the Palermo and Palacio are back and healthy.

No midweek game' date=' the injury problems at both of the sides have been relentless. A number of players who had slight knocks were also rested for today. This game isn't like any English derby, it's much more deep rooted than that. It's more like 2 rival Mafia families coming to blows, and as a great percentage of players on today's pitch are Argentinian, they fully understand what is expected of them.

Two big doubts for today are Riquelme and Falcao, and they are huge worries because neither have any replacements as such. For Boca, Gaitan will have to stand up and be counted today, and [b']Buonanotte[/b] for River. Slightly happier news in the Boca camp though is the Palermo and Palacio are back and healthy.

Not watched Argentinian football for a while, especially anything of River, how has Buonanotte been doing? I remember when he broke through where I watched him a lot and he was superb (had him for almost every team from when he was 74 until he reached 88) but haven't heard much since about the midway point of last season.

Not watched Argentinian football for a while' date=' especially anything of River, how has Buonanotte been doing? I remember when he broke through where I watched him a lot and he was superb (had him for almost every team from when he was 74 until he reached 88) but haven't heard much since about the midway point of last season.[/quote']

There's no doubting his ability, but River are struggling to find a position for him. They want to play him in the classic number 10 role, but he just doesn't have the experience or strength at this time. So they try him up top and out the left, and he has flashes of brilliance. All in all it's his consistency that is letting him and River down.

Half time.

Boca

R. Abbondanzieri

H. Ibarra —- J.C. Cáceres —- J. Forlín —- C. Morel Rodríguez

F. Vargas — S. Battaglia — C. Chávez

N.Gaitan

R. Palacio —- M. Palermo

River

D. Vega

P. Ferrari —- G. Cabral —- N. Sánchez —- C. Villagra

G. Bou — O. Ahumada — N. Domingo

M. Gallardo

C. Fabbiani -- R.Falcao

Falcao makes it which mean Buonanatte only makes the bench, Gaitan takes Riquelme's spot as I expected. Has been reasonably busy for a 0-0 scoreline. Full Report to come after the game.

I'm just going to copy and paste my convo with Mark, says it all!

Me says:

palermo

Me says:

dont like him

| Mark | says:

haha same as me

| Mark | says:

hate any high rated old playe r

| Mark | says:

their are stealing precious mins

Me says:

haha, ojeda just got booted

| Mark | says:

nice

Me says:

wouldnt mind if palermo was class still

hOrse says:

but hes just boring and a moaner

hOrse says:

GGGOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

hOrse says:

eat my words!!!!

| Mark | says:

GOAL?

| Mark | says:

Palermo?

hOrse says:

palermo just scored an absolute BEAUTY!!!!

If that turns out to be the winner, then it's a gorgeous winner! Gaitan has stepped up his game without Riquelme, looks very comfortable in the number 10 role. Bou has also been showing a bit of flair down the right, but River haven't created much. I expect Buonanatte very soon.

If that turns out to be the winner' date=' then it's a gorgeous winner! [b']Gaitan has stepped up his game without Riquelme[/b], looks very comfortable in the number 10 role. Bou has also been showing a bit of flair down the right, but River haven't created much. I expect Buonanatte very soon.

A lot seemed to be going through him before the goal. Wouldn't say he's been superb, but he's been pretty decent.

A lot seemed to be going through him before the goal. Wouldn't say he's been superb' date=' but he's been pretty decent.[/quote']

Soon as they got that freekick, knew it would go in. Should be interesting to see how Boca take the game to them now. Buononatte's impact was instant!

Soon as they got that freekick' date=' knew it would go in. Should be interesting to see how Boca take the game to them now. Buononatte's impact was instant![/quote']

It was a good strike. The second half has been a lot better.

I'm just going to copy and paste my convo with Mark' date=' says it all!

Me says:

palermo

Me says:

dont like him

| Mark | says:

haha same as me

| Mark | says:

hate any high rated old playe r

| Mark | says:

their are stealing precious mins

Me says:

haha, ojeda just got booted

| Mark | says:

nice

Me says:

wouldnt mind if palermo was class still

hOrse says:

but hes just boring and a moaner

hOrse says:

GGGOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

hOrse says:

eat my words!!!!

| Mark | says:

GOAL?

| Mark | says:

Palermo?

hOrse says:

palermo just scored an absolute BEAUTY!!!!

If that turns out to be the winner, then it's a gorgeous winner! Gaitan has stepped up his game without Riquelme, looks very comfortable in the number 10 role. Bou has also been showing a bit of flair down the right, but River haven't created much. I expect Buonanatte very soon.[/quote']

Thanks for leaving out the part about Iris ;)

Hi' date=' can you see Forlin in an European club next season?

Thanks![/quote']

Match report on it's way. That looks like the end of Boca's title challenge, although it was good to see a Superclassico that wasn't as one sided as the previous one!

Forlin is a European bomb waiting to explode! I think he will move in the summer, and Munoz will replace him. He may give it another season if him and Boca don't get the right offer, but ultimately he's a class act, and the cream always rises to the top :)

Match report on it's way. That looks like the end of Boca's title challenge' date=' although it was good to see a Superclassico that wasn't as one sided as the previous one!

Forlin is a European bomb waiting to explode! I think he will move in the summer, and Munoz will replace him. He may give it another season if him and Boca don't get the right offer, but ultimately he's a class act, and the cream always rises to the top :)[/quote']

Thanks! :D

SuperClassico Report

The match set out in cagey fashion, with Boca not creating a lot, and mainly keeping tabs on the River play maker for the day, Gallardo. Boca were the first to look at all dangerous, as Palermo missed a half chance, but the ensuing scramble came to nothing. River then bit back down the left through Villagra, who broke clear, but Abbondanzieri was alert to deal with the danger. Boca began to get on top of things as the half drew on, with Gaitan looking sharp and creative. A couple more Boca chances through Battaglia and Palacio worried River, but never seemingly threatened the goal. The first half closed with a lot more excitement than it began, with chances at both ends. Villagra looked particularly lively for River down the left, being over shadowed only by Gaitan, who was growing into the Riquelme better than expected. Aside from a couple of poor freekicks from Gallardo, a rather uneventful first half ends in the buzzing La Bombonera.

Boca entered the pitch at the start of the second half looking particularly pumped up. The match could not have restarted any more different from the first half, with River looking good on the attack through Gallardo, and Boca creating a couple of half chances themselves. After a few more fast and furious minutes, the deadlock was broken by a screamer courtesy of Martin Palermo. It was going to take something special, and the left footed 25 yard strike was certainly that! Boca continue to press, and River are forced into a double substitution, turning to young sensation Diego Buonanotte, who replaced Gustavo Bou. Mauro Rosales also replaced Cristian Fabbiani, as Gorosito looked for immediate impact. Impact he got, as Buonanotte earned a freekick not 2 minutes after entering the arena. Gallardo stepped up, and from about 25 yards, swept the ball past the wall and into the top corner. Critical Boca fans could maybe be a little disgruntled at the slow pace at which Pepe (Abbondanzieri) moved to try and prevent the effort. Mouche replaced a disappointing Palacio for Boca, but it was River's substitute Buonanotte who was causing the stir. In an average match, he was adding a touch of class, causing all kinds of problems down the River left. He also set Falcao through on goal with a great visionary ball, and along with beating Pepe, the Colombian also beat the post with his shot. The river goalscorer Gallardo was replaced by Matías Abelairas, to a somewhat feisty reception from the home crowd. The match began to open up, but with both teams tiring, chances were thin and far between. Cristian Chávez was stretchered off and replaced by Juan Krupoviesa, but the afore mentioned only got one touch of the ball before the final whistle.

Realistically, this spells the end of the Boca title push, and the match wasn't the best advert for Argentinian football, but the two good goals went some way towards making up for this.

Boca

R. Abbondanzieri - 6, Not a lot to do, maybe at fault for the goal

H. Ibarra - 7, Solid, without any outstanding contributions

J.C. Cáceres - 6, Made a couple of mistakes, but dealt with trouble okay

J. Forlín - 7, Dealt with his troubles well

C. Morel Rodríguez - 7, Safe as always, could have got forward more though

F. Vargas - 6, Unusually quiet

S. Battaglia - 7, Backbone of the team, understated but solid performance

C. Chávez - 6, Needed to get involved more (J. Krupoviesa - 5)

N.Gaitan - 8, Stand out player of the Boca attack, looked very creative

R. Palacio - 6, Far too quiet(P. Mouche - 7, Lively)

M. Palermo - 7, Wasteful, but a handful and a great goal

River

D. Vega - 6, Not a lot to do, apart from the occasional amateur dramatics

P. Ferrari - 6, Didn't do anything really, bad or good!

G. Cabral - 7, Solid defensive display

N. Sánchez - 7, Faultless effort

C. Villagra - 8, Awesome first half, disappeared a little in the latter

G. Bou - 7, Some nice touches, didn't create an awful lot though(D. Buonanotte - 8, Looked immensely dangerous)

O. Ahumada - 6, Overshadowed

N. Domingo - 7, Looked solid throughout, although didn't possess a lot attacking wise.

M. Gallardo - 7, Involved a lot, nicely placed goal, but proved costly at times (M. Abelairas - 6)

C. Fabbiani - 6, Didn't even realise he had left... (M. Rosales - 5)

R.Falcao - 7, Live wire up front, but should have finished at least one of his chances