Asian Championships

Asian Championships  

1. 1.

Re: Asian Championships

Yes!

I love the J-League (Japan) and they have all the teams and even some of the second-tier clubs. I'm pretty sure they have all the A-League clubs (Australia) with a few Chinese and Korean teams.

If not a specific Asian League, GC should add a "Pacific", "Pan-Pacific" (whatever you want) league with MLS, J-League, A-League, and Korean/Chinese clubs.

Shimizu S-Pulse, here I come!

A few months ago (just after the Latin Amerian and Irish setups were made available) SM did a poll asking what new custom setups people would like to see. Turkey came out with about 26%, 'other' was 20% and Japanese next with 10%.

I personally feel that a Turkish standard game world and an Asian one along the lines of the Latin American one should be the next in line.

In terms of Uefa coefficients it should be Romania (which I would also like:D), but I think Turkish and Asian setups would be very popular and make SM plenty of cash. Who wouldn't want to manage a team like East Bengal: 120,000 capacity stadium and scope to shape the team however you like. There are loads of Japanese, South Korean, Chinese, Thai and even Indian, Iranian etc teams with huge stadiums that would be fun to manage. And the low standard of the existing teams would spice things up too.

Perfect. I asked about this a long time ago, and SM never looked into it properly. Now that all other setups are made, why not Asian? Good point. I live in Asia so it has my 100% full support.

I wouldn't expect it to be more than 2, 15 team, Divisions big. The level Asian football is appalling compared to the usual standard we see on TV. Ratings will have to be low. Cash will have to be low, except for Middle-Eastern clubs....those will be loaded up.

But most importantly, we have to remember that average Asian players are about as good as League One or League Two Players. They aren't great footballers. They could get a 75 rating at the MAX. With the average around 65. Not such a worthwhile championship after all.

Perfect. I asked about this a long time ago' date=' and SM never looked into it properly. Now that all other setups are made, why not Asian? Good point. I live in Asia so it has my 100% full support.

I wouldn't expect it to be more than 2, 15 team, Divisions big. [b']The level Asian football is appalling compared to the usual standard we see on TV.[/b] Ratings will have to be low. Cash will have to be low, except for Middle-Eastern clubs....those will be loaded up.

But most importantly, we have to remember that average Asian players are about as good as League One or League Two Players. They aren't great footballers. They could get a 75 rating at the MAX. With the average around 65. Not such a worthwhile championship after all.

I'm not sure if I agree with you about the standard of Asian football, i'm not an expert but I think it's a bit better than what you're saying.

Here is the highlights from a recent AFC Champions League game (Newcastle Jets v Ulsen Hyundai):-

http://www.the-afc.tv/page/AFCChampionsLeague2/0,,12620~1300958,00.html

I think they look like they are playing at a decent level, not european champions league knockout standard, but still good.

I think an Asian setup would be pretty decent atually, there's enough risers around the world to keep the competition level for those that do their teams wisely enough. Like said, plenty of Asians play the game. I'd certainly have a bash at one B)