SM Forum "Updates"  

1. 1.

• Social Groups
    • Tags
    • Photos/Albums
    • None

Re: SM Forum "Updates"

Info moved to the left now on posts.

Can't say I like this - this is the standard way and I loved the fact that the SM Forum was original. Not anymore...

Also' date=' why is "Rep" in German (I think)? "Renommee-Modifikator"

Two Devs online. Never seen Pete and John on before. :eek:[/quote']

I agree the info on the left looks squished up.

What does Renommee-Modifikator mean?

Reputation. At least, it should say Reputation/Rep.

Also, when I check my profile I can see my infractions.

Is this the case for everyone's profiles? If so, another invasion of privacy (IE something I'd rather other people not see), just like my "Friends" being able to see what clubs I leave/join, etc. :rolleyes:

I would check, but I don't want it to look like I'm perving on someone. :P

Need to remember chaps SM have just applied the new update, so all the forum settings will be on the default ones.

The supervisors can change most of this back if needed as they changed the format of the old forum anyways.

The update to the new VBulletin was not really for these new features, it was for other reasons but with the new VBulletin these came (cant be helped) but they can be disabled / changed back without having to down grade the forum

I like the new groups thing

The idea of Tags is to add key words which may be needed when someone is searching for a thread. For example if you write a player scout, you might give it a title like "The new Kinf of Brazil", or similar. You could then add the players name in the taggs so it will appear on a search.

I can see it being abused though, so it may be removed.

The idea of Tags is to add key words which may be needed when someone is searching for a thread. For example if you write a player scout' date=' you might give it a title like "The new Kinf of Brazil", or similar. You could then add the players name in the taggs so it will appear on a search.

[b']I can see it being abused though[/b], so it may be removed.

Exactly. At the very least it should be only the topic starter (and mods/devs/supers) who can edit tags.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

i just glanced on one of my accounts to find the same manager join and then leave four different clubs in the space of five minutes, do I really need to know this info, doing my head in, example, Bud leaves Porto, Bud joins West Ham, Bud leaves West ham, Bud join Everton, Bud leaves ..................... I DON'T CARE STOP TELLING ME WHERE BUD IS GOING EVERY TWO MINUTES!!!!!!!!!:mad: Where is that carving knife to put me out of my misery, Bud.....you got a carving knife, gun, anything?

PS, Bud has six new friends too, omg

i just glanced on one of my accounts to find the same manager join and then leave four different clubs in the space of five minutes' date=' do I really need to know this info, doing my head in, example, Bud leaves Porto, Bud joins West Ham, Bud leaves West ham, Bud join Everton, Bud leaves ..................... I DON'T CARE STOP TELLING ME WHERE BUD IS GOING EVERY TWO MINUTES!!!!!!!!!:mad: Where is that carving knife to put me out of my misery, Bud.....you got a carving knife, gun, anything?

PS, Bud has six new friends too, omg[/quote']

Sounds like Bud's a busy guy. :P

I agree mate, it was fine the way it was before.

Guest Toggs

This has been the worst thing done too the game BY FAR Imo... :)

This wasnt needed.

Groups, WOW! IVE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR GROUPS.

Its absolutly terrible, alongside this new feed. Do i care less than Bob added Bill as a friend... NO. And things just turn ugly when your as popular as John Gooze and you hear about the continuous chain of addings :o

Nobody asked for this, yet they add it :confused: And it makes the game much worse. Its terrible.

They need too stop doing what they want and start listening too what the paying members want, as they have no clue, as theyve proven with recent additions.

They could of asked opinions on Westgate before adding this appualing feature onto the homepage... I thought this would just be on your profile page. It makes the homepage much more scruffier and i perfered the old style by a country mile.

Im very angry at the mo, forum looks awful, and now the homepage does too.

Profile info / rep / location etc at the side, I like. It is the usual way I see it done on the majority of forums that I certainly use anyway. Of course you regulars will no dount dislike it and prefer the " old " way, to be expected.

It looks much more neat and tidy now.

What I don't like, I REALLY don't like, is that you can now see who has visited your profile. We don't NEED to know this and from a privacy perspective all it's going to do is put people off looking at other folks profiles. Definitely not a good move this one.

More than that what i've found is that both the Soccermanager.com website and more recently the forums, have become so much slower. In fact so much slower that quite often the page just does not load at all ! Want to fix something fix that !

Profile info / rep / location etc at the side' date=' I like. It is the usual way I see it done on the majority of forums that I certainly use anyway. Of course you regulars will no dount dislike it and prefer the " old " way, to be expected.

[/quote']

Most of "us regulars" are on or have been on other forums, where this is standard. As I said earlier, I like SM having an original place for all this. But now it's just the same as any other forum...

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Profile info / rep / location etc at the side' date=' I like. It is the usual way I see it done on the majority of forums that I certainly use anyway. Of course you regulars will no dount dislike it and prefer the " old " way, to be expected.

What I don't like, I REALLY don't like, is that you can now see who has visited your profile. We don't NEED to know this and from a privacy perspective all it's going to do is put people off looking at other folks profiles. Definitely not a good move this one.

More than that what i've found is that both the Soccermanager.com website and more recently the forums, have become so much slower. In fact so much slower that quite often the page just does not load at all ! [b']Want to fix something fix that ![/b]

Yea, I noticed that too, made a pot of coffee in the time it took before it finally loaded up, I just thought it was my comp playing up but since you mention, I've seen milk turn quicker :rolleyes:

SM put the poster info on the left?!?!!?!?! *RAGGGEEEEEEEEEEE*:mad::mad::mad:

The above-the-post format made us special. :(

Thomasblow chillin... is that?! Tags just came in and they are already being abused. :mad:

Plus, there are still glitches all over the place... :mad:

Angered and loyal members of the forum! Prepare to assemble and rebel against this monstrosity!! :mad:

SM put the poster info on the left?!?!!?!?! *RAGGGEEEEEEEEEEE*:mad::mad::mad:

The above-the-post format made us special. :(

Thomasblow chillin... is that?! Tags just came in and they are already being abused. :mad:

Plus' date=' there are still glitches all over the place... :mad:

Angered and loyal members of the forum! Prepare to assemble and rebel against this monstrosity!! :mad:[/quote']

I hope you are joking? The new version has only just been installed, ofcourse there are going to be bugges ect, as there hasnt been time yet to get rid of them!

And i like the way the user info is now on the left :)