Amir Khan Fight On Saturday

Stevie Blade

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Amir Khan Fight On Saturday

I agree, i hope he gets battered also, i cant stand Khan at all. Before he got battered in his last fight he was always on the tv saying he's this good and that good and he wants to fight Hatton, not heard nothing from him thankfully since he lost.

Put him up against someone half decent and it shows how good khan really is.

I agree' date=' i hope he gets battered also, i cant stand Khan at all. Before he got battered in his last fight he was always on the tv saying he's this good and that good and he wants to fight Hatton, not heard nothing from him thankfully since he lost.

Put him up against someone half decent and it shows how good khan really is.[/quote']

Hopefully he'll retire once hes been well and truely beaten :D

I can't believe that they've matched Kahn against Barerra unless Kahn's management believe Barerra to be "shot" or are they going for broke because there's a World Title at stake? Barerra, for my money, should destroy Kahn. Kahn is a very talented, offensive boxer but not a very good defensive one. Add that to the fact that Kahn has no chin and no toughness then it leads me to think that Barerra will have an easy nights work infront of him.

Even though his best is behind him, I do fancy Barrera in this fight. And, like the rest, I'm not a Khan fan either. I think it's despicable that his fights continue to be sold on Box office. You should have to earn the right to be a pay-per-view fighter and Amir simply hasn't done that yet.

Agreed 100%. Kahn's had the money flashed infront of him for fighting a few dummies and it's only now that he's come unstuck and lost a fight in an embarrasing fashion that he realises how hard a proffession he's in. I'm not a fan of boxer's who have done well in the Olympics being given the big build up as they start their proffessional careers. Amateur and proffessional boxing are two completely different sports in my book. It's just greedy promoters trying to make a quick buck.

I can't believe that they've matched Kahn against Barerra unless Kahn's management believe Barerra to be "shot" or are they going for broke because there's a World Title at stake? Barerra' date=' for my money, should destroy Kahn. Kahn is a very talented, offensive boxer but not a very good defensive one. Add that to the fact that Kahn has no chin and no toughness then it leads me to think that Barerra will have an easy nights work infront of him.[/quote']

the fight isnt a world title fight and i dont think Barrera has one anyway.Until today ive though it would be barrera all the way but i watched what pacqauio did to a prime barrera on youtube and he got slaughtered:eek:.

i know khan isnt in the same class as pacqauio but barrera decline since then so it could be a similar result but i still think barrera will have too much for him but i wouldnt be suprised to see khan win.

As much as I'd love to see Khan win, I think he will get dinged on Saturday..

I hope not, but maybe he can pull off a master-class.. this is just hope :o

Barrera is an amazing fighter, a lot more experienced than Khan, thing is with Khan if he gets a real battering on Saturday, I think that he will be better in the future, as he can't generally take the hits..

I personally hope he gets the living daylights knocked out of him again.. Cant stand the guy.. Berrera should pound him!

What do you reckon?

I 100% agree with you. I hope he does lose. Kahn has only been winning his fights because the opponents were easy but Berrera is gonna destroy him(hopefully:D)

May I ask' date=' why are the English against Khan? :o Embaressment..

We should be supporting him tbh..[/quote']

He is a bit cocky and full of himself for my likeing. And I know people are gonna say you need to be cocky to be a boxer but he wins loads of fights against quite easier boxers and he thinks he is the best ever. I just dont like him but that is my point of view.

do you hate ronaldo for been cocky because i do

i see khan as the same tbh i dont mind cockiness to a certain degree if youre something special or decent like hamed and mayweather but the fact is khan isnt that good.

do you hate ronaldo for been cocky because i do

i see khan as the same tbh i dont mind cockiness to a certain degree if youre something special or decent like hamed and mayweather but the fact is khan isnt that good.

But I support sportsmen from my own country..

I don't like Ronaldo, yes definately because he's cocky, but I have no reason to actually like him..

Where as, yes, Amir Khan is cocky, but I have reason for supporting him as he is a fellow Englishmen..

But I support sportsmen from my own country..

I don't like Ronaldo' date=' yes definately because he's cocky, but I have no reason to actually like him..

Where as, yes, Amir Khan is cocky, but I have reason for supporting him as he is a fellow Englishmen..[/quote']

I will never support the bloke if i dont like him regardless of what nation there from.

Like i never used to support murray when he was younger but i think he has less of an ego nowadays so i support him now.

I think people resent the way in which his status has out-sped his achievement. When you look at Calzaghe's box-office or Setanta fights, it's fair to say that he was cashing in on his proven talent. With Khan, Warren and co. have cashed in on hype. Nobody really likes that.

I think people resent the way in which his status has out-sped his achievement. When you look at Calzaghe's box-office or Setanta fights' date=' it's fair to say that he was cashing in on his proven talent. With Khan, Warren and co. have cashed in on hype. Nobody really likes that.[/quote']

everyone does that though i mean hagler had to get a fantastic record to get where he did but leonard didnt he hardly a record compared to hagler

it shouldnt be like that but it is in boxing.

I think Berrera could be a very clever choice for Khan. I don't know that he's shot, but he's certainly a shadow of his former self and much smaller than Khan. Having a convincing win over a big name on his CV might go a way to repairing the Breidis Prescott damage, at least to the casual fan.

That said it depends what sort of Barrera turns up, but Freddie Roach isn't anybodys mug, he wouldn't let Khan walk into a match he thought he was going to lose so soon after Prescott. I get the feeling Barrera just wants another payday and goes down inside 4.

I think Berrera could be a very clever choice for Khan. I don't know that he's shot' date=' but he's certainly a shadow of his former self and much smaller than Khan. Having a convincing win over a big name on his CV might go a way to repairing the Breidis Prescott damage, at least to the casual fan.

That said it depends what sort of Barrera turns up, but Freddie Roach isn't anybodys mug, he wouldn't let Khan walk into a match he thought he was going to lose so soon after Prescott. I get the feeling Barrera just wants another payday and goes down inside 4.[/quote']

roach always said pacqauio would beat de la hoya he said Khan can beat barrera but he would have to be perfect which i dont think he will be.

this is not the Barrera of old he been pap for 3 years not and even retired for almost a year

He is a natural flywieght and moving up two weight division. Khan is a heavy lightweight and will start fighting as a welterweight as he gets older.

Bit of a miss match really. If Khan is any good he should win this if not will be huge downturn in his career

this is not the Barrera of old he been pap for 3 years not and even retired for almost a year

He is a natural flywieght and moving up two weight division. Khan is a heavy lightweight and will start fighting as a welterweight as he gets older.

Bit of a miss match really. If Khan is any good he should win this if not will be huge downturn in his career

his not been rubbish for 3 years mate i dont know where youve got that from

Khan could obliterate Barrera tonight and we'll still be left wondering if we've actually seen the lad in with quality opposition. It seems that, with Khan and more obviously Sky, the money chase is everything and so, rather than pursue more indicative options, they've found it impossible to resist the Barrera name. If he gets beaten by a veteran Barrera tonight, we'd have to accept that, really, he isn't the next great British hope but, even in victory, what can we take from this fight?

Khan could obliterate Barrera tonight and we'll still be left wondering if we've actually seen the lad in with quality opposition. It seems that' date=' with Khan and more obviously Sky, the money chase is everything and so, rather than pursue more indicative options, they've found it impossible to resist the Barrera name. If he gets beaten by a veteran Barrera tonight, we'd have to accept that, really, he isn't the next great British hope but, even in victory, what can we take from this fight?[/quote']

if he wins tonight he will get a shot at Juan Manuel Marquez i think so we will realise then. it doesnt matter how shot barrera is he will Amir and we will have to see if amir cant stand up to that.

his not been rubbish for 3 years mate i dont know where youve got that from

Sorry pap for about 22 months he lost by a long way vs manny and marguez.

He even struggle to make weight. This is a fighter who is a natural Bantam/Featherweaight.

He defeated a chump when he came out of retirement prob the weakest fighter he fought since the 1990's

Saying this the match is prob 50/50. Barrera is one hell of a body puncher

We still be clueless to know if khan is up becoming a great champion instead of a small title holder

Sorry pap for about 22 months he lost by a long way vs manny and marguez.

He even struggle to make weight. This is a fighter who is a natural Bantam/Featherweaight.

He defeated a chump when he came out of retirement prob the weakest fighter he fought since the 1990's

Saying this the match is prob 50/50. Barrera is one hell of a body puncher

We still be clueless to know if khan is up becoming a great champion instead of a small title holder

he didnt lose by a long way to marquez at all if that knockdown which was a knockdown didnt get ruled as a slip he would have won, and manny outclassed him but he wont be the first or the last.