is the new add new club page better?

Guest TOM_HEMY

is the new add new club page better?  

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Re: is the new add new club page better?

It's probably easier to get a new team now. Just refresh the page and look on the "These are the latest Game Worlds created by members currently playing the game" for a new setup to be made.

If you're looking for a certain club use the "Advanced Search" tool. Or if you are looking for a club in a certain Game World use the "Game World Name Search" facility.

THE NEW ONE IS TERRIBLE!

The last one was easy too use and very fast...

why put something thats utter rubbish on a game

its was way easier with the old 1!

Wow, is it really that bad?

I'll be honest and say I also preferred the old one and gave this feedback on the test gameworld, where this layout was first introduced. But for people to suggest it is terrible, rubbish, too complicated etc. is probably going a little bit too far in my opinion. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I won't try to influence you all to much. However, I will point out some advantages fot you all :) :

1. As Ben has already pointed out, you can now see the latest gameworlds created in the Gameworlds section. Previously you could only see the latest in each section and you may have been joining one which was 1-2 days old e.g if no-one had made an European gameworld in the last 3 days and you joined the latest one not thinking it was made that day, you could have been mistaken and ended up annoying others by clubhopping. Now its clear as day which are the latest gameworlds created

2. You can now join gameworlds your friends are in :eek:. You can see who is in which gameworld and can join gameworlds specifically with this intention. Not useful to everyone I guess, but I'm sure many will find this useful. It can be used to identify forumer gameworlds too :)

3. You can see teams you previously managed :eek:. You can check out their fortunes under new managers, re-claim teams you lost for any reason, etc. I really like this feature, but again it's not everyone's cup of tea.

In all honesty, the search facility is no different from the old page either and just requires some typing and using of drop-down menus instead of numbers. I'm hardly the best in navigating computers and often still pine for a blackboard and chalk, but if I've managed to navigate the page and search out the teams I want, then it will be a doddle for all you youngsters. I honestly think if you give it a chance and have a little play around on it, you will all get it in no time and most will in all probability adapt well and possibly even begin to like it :) .

It's grown on me now and I really don't mind it and am enjoying some of the new features displayed. A further point to add, is that the overwhelming majority who tested it in the test gameworld also gave positive feedback and preferred this to the old page (I'm sure they will post something soon too ;):) ). I'm sure I won't have convinced everyone, but as I've said give it a chance :)

The fact is that SM are under no obligation to discuss anything with any of us. Even if they don't feel it's broken, they have the total right to make changes which they feel is to the betterment of the game and/or the community. Yet despite the swarms of negative comments and criticism they get with any change they propose or make these days, they continue to have a working dialogue with us as a group. Something, which I feel is commendable. I'm sure many another corporation would have packed in this dialogue ages ago with the constant criticism :rolleyes:

PS Lets think how the page could be improved as opposed to condemning it straight away :)

Personally I think it's incredible and would like to thank SM for this addition.

It's beautiful looking at the teams I once managed :), would be even better if it had a history of all the teams I've managed including my first team which was in the days when SM used to cost.

Would also be amazing if you could see transfers history over seasons, to see where all the players I've bought have gone:D

It's probably easier to get a new team now. Just refresh the page and look on the "These are the latest Game Worlds created by members currently playing the game" for a new setup to be made.

If you're looking for a certain club use the "Advanced Search" tool. Or if you are looking for a club in a certain Game World use the "Game World Name Search" facility.

As Gold setups are made by the Soccermanager SMFA will new GC's come up under newest game worlds made my members on the game?

On the other hand..the advanced club search is very good, and i'm sure alot of people will be using this to get into GC's now.

Clearly everyone here has their own options. Personally I prefer the old one but the new one is also good. The old one was far easier and in many eyes the more preferred style. The new one shows new functions like your previous clubs and it shows the newest setups made instead of dividing them. Clearly its easier but it would have helped to put on the Best Clubs button and the Private Apps or Public Open at the bottom. Clearly the old one is better in my eyes but might be different in other people's eyes.

Guest Phill

One Problem,

I Want An AZ, And Guess What... :rolleyes:

Nope 3 Letters Only! FGS!

I Rathered The Old One, You Could Go Straight Onto Best Clubs, Instead Of Looking For One, One By One

One Problem' date='

I Want An AZ, And Guess What... :rolleyes:

Nope 3 Letters Only! FGS!

I Rathered The Old One, You Could Go Straight Onto Best Clubs, Instead Of Looking For One, One By One[/quote']

You could always search AZ A..... ;)

And guess what.. AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands) ยป

:)

Seems pretty good for GW owners. My Customs have seen an increase in managers join since it's introduction meaning people are somehow finding my set-ups in the system far more often than before.

Also have noticed new standard GWs being created like World Championships are being filled much further now rather than just having the eyes picked out of them with the old system.

I like it. :D