Where were you when.....?

Inspired by the great Sky Blue Lee and his marvellous 1000th post, I dedicate my 2000th post to him. The topic:

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU FIRST DISCOVERED SM?!

For me, i was working in a call centre in Sheffield for a large company who i wont bother to name.

Now, i happen to have really enjoyed my time there, despite the bad press call centres get I found it a fun environment to work in and met some awesome people, and i heard rumours amongst the various friendly chaps and chapesses about a game they were all playing.

It was a game that I soon learned half the people there were apparently playing, and everytime i went anywhere, the words, "Rooney for Henry?" or "damn Soccermanager caught me cheating" seemed to follow in my wake. It was like a plague, a plague that fed on our desire to skive and generally relieve the depression of taking calls from utter morons - aka the dreaded customer. That after all, is what SM is all about - escapism, and living your fantasies. Although some better sites exist for enacting the latter. So I am told. Ahem.

Moving swifty on, i was soon asked if I was playing - and i said i didnt know what it was about. I was told it is great fun, free, easy to get into, hard to excel in, and that everyone was doing it. Thinking this had some uncanny similarities to sex, I was instantly intrigued by these few things that are still very much fundamental parts of SM.

I was intrigued, but reluctant. I didnt think anything could top my beloved Championship Manager, and thought that I had better things to do with my free time. Nowadays, free time are not words i normally get to use with one another.. thanks to SM.

I signed up with Millwall, the only team in Div 1 left as my colleagues had taken everything above that, after a guy I sat near relinquished them as he already had another team in the same setup (yes, cheating was far, far more common!!). I can't remember when i joined the forum, but I remember a guy i worked with saying he signs all the player tips from it so I started there i think, and never looked back...

I was in my Textiles lesson on the Computer looking for fantasy football games lol

i was just at home, very bored, and sick of playing fm06. i fancied something more internet based, so typed in "fee online football manager games"....and found my second home :D

ive tried to get people from my school, got 2 to sign up but they quit, fools just dont like manager games lol. as for my secon team, i by a stroke of luck, about 7ish got a juve,. i thought this was very common at first, byut then, with talks of swaps, and "how did you get juve like that?" i realised i was a very lucky guy :D

p.s. well done teb on 2000

I think i began back in March, i hadnt had internet for six weeks because i had just moved home so was incredibly bored of playing Champ Manager. I decided to hit the google search for a internet based manager game. Came across about twelve sites that were free ranging from Sunday League to 4-3-3 and ItsAgoal as well of course as SM. Gradually through the weeks after began dropping the others as i lost interest and began adding more teams to SM. Soon found myself with 15 teams and had also roped RobbieM to playing as well. Have had to chop my 15 down to 10 since gold coz i cant handle them all but this is still the game that rocks. I wake up and first thing i do is check my messages and its the last thing i do before i go to bed.

Before I joined I was a bored chap, I only used to have 1GB of internet usage a month, so didnt used to play mousebreaker, miniclip etc.. All I used to play over internet was.. hmm... nothing! I only used to see the fulham sites.. and

fulhamweb got me to SM.

There was this nice chap who had just joined and he suggested it, and I tried it and found out it was superb! His name is Tomi Ashby, Tashby on the forum..

Congrats on the 2000 posts Teb..

Bobo = 3000

Teb = 2000

Lee = 1000

:D

Before I joined I was a bored chap' date=' I only used to have 1GB of internet usage a month, so didnt used to play mousebreaker, miniclip etc.. All I used to play over internet was.. hmm... nothing! I only used to see the fulham sites.. and

fulhamweb got me to SM.

There was this nice chap who had just joined and he suggested it, and I tried it and found out it was superb! His name is Tomi Ashby, Tashby on the forum..

Bobo = 3000

Teb = 2000

Lee = 1000

:D[/quote']

Lol today everyone has got a Milestone.

Bobo you have to keep up with teb and lee's Brilliant posts lets see what you can do.

For me the discovery of sm was purely accidental,i had an accident at work and broke my ankle,as an outdoor kind of person who rarely watched tv or was on the pc this seemed like a disaster for me.Myself and my wife run an animal sanctuary in northern ireland and have little free time,our choice as it is also our home and we both love this kind of life.

Anyway as one who used the pc 99% of the time to sell things on ebay to raise funds for the sanctuary i thought this would be a great time to work on ebay as i was laid up for weeks with ankle.However the days were long and you can only take so much of looking at ebay and thankfully world cup was on.Then surfing on pc i came across sm and was hooked.

Still am and find myself checking sm every free minute i get and posting on forum.Winter coming means even more time for this addictive game :eek:

the way i actually joined was quite mundane. i'm a subscriber to a great football magazine called - world soccer. been reading it since i was 16 and i'm now 35!!

SM had an advert in it. so i logged on, had a look about and thought, yeah i'll have a bit of this. when i started you still had to pay but they dropped it and decided to go free after about 2 weeks. they refunded everyone's credits(even then they were good guys :) ).

anyway after being on 2 days i was sitting in the chat room just before the witching hour one tuesday night all on my lonesome. then a name appears...dai smout has joined chat. "hello" says i. the infamous "howdies" was the reply.

i eventually went to bed at 5am!! dai and i were the only ones on chat for ages. saddo's that we were we loved it. we got on like a house on fire and never looked back.

i never posted anything about dai leaving. i didn't feel like i had to. i still chat to him almost every day at some point and we are now starting to play risk online together!! a great, nay, classic board game that we both love.

anyway, i love SM and dearly hope to be here with it for many years.

p.s. the first time i came into contact with stegore was when i had an argument with him on player ratings over karel poborsky lol!! maybe you can still search it if you type in poborsky..may try that.

i have met many great people on here and also...rambled on too much.

lol!!! the karel poborsky argument is there alright..hah!!

Before I joined I was a bored chap' date=' I only used to have 1GB of internet usage a month, so didnt used to play mousebreaker, miniclip etc.. All I used to play over internet was.. hmm... nothing! I only used to see the fulham sites.. and

fulhamweb got me to SM.

Bobo = 3000

Teb = 2000

Lee = 1000

:D[/quote']

dont forget Miles = 500 :D

free time are not words i normally get to use with one another.. thanks to SM.

no free time for sex :eek::eek::eek:

lol

well i used to play a similar game, now probaly considered a rival game N???m soccer.

i had to quit as i had other responsibiltys. i was searching the net one day tryng to find it N???m, as other responsibilitys were no longer an issue ( quit job ) and stubbled across SM, never looked back since and now that i have a fair bit of free time at work as i only sit on my ar$e im enojing every minute of it.

lol :D