scotland ratings

can players from scotland get into the 90s

only players from scotland rated 90+ are barry ferguson (rangers) and craig gordon (sunderland)

i think scot brown (celtic), darren fletcher (man u) and maybe even kris boyd should get a 90.

i know the scotland national team are a poor side and the scotish league is a 2 horse race every season but brown and fletcher are top players and boyd is a goal machine this season

what you all think???????

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: scotland ratings Scottish players can get into the 90's, but now is a poor time to be looking for any! Firstly, the national team has lost all the confidence it gained under McLeish and Smith. T

Re: scotland ratings man u rule for eva

Re: scotland ratings

Yes they can. Depends primarily on the league they play in rather than their nationality, that comes second. However them being Scottish probably would stop them becoming a 95+ I would have thought due to the international team.

Fletcher +1 outside chance of +2

Gordon -1

Boyd will stay

Scottish players can get into the 90's, but now is a poor time to be looking for any!

Firstly, the national team has lost all the confidence it gained under McLeish and Smith. The ratings reflected the results against France, Ukraine etc. Now our results, are well, not as good. In 2008, the national team won one game. This affects ratings too.

The Old firm have also disappointed this season. Ferguson will drop next rating changes, as will many of the Rangers team that made it to the UEFA cup final. They have not performed to the same level as last year. I cannot see Boyd rising to 90 while he is not playing for the national team or against any 'big' teams in general.

As for Celtic, Brown is indeed a strong bet for a 90, an all action midfielder who in my opinion deserves a 90. Other than that, it is a relatively poor time to be supporting an Old Firm team. The CIS cup final showed that, with plenty of endeavour from both sides, but no finished article or composure shown throughout. The less said about Kirk Broadfoot, the better.

Outside the Old Firm, it is near impossible for a Scottish player playing in Scotland to get a 90. No players playing outside the Old Firm are playing at 90 level. The reality is that many Scottish players leave for English Championship teams, or lower, and the ratings reflect this.

Those that are in the premiership right now aren't having a great time of it. Gordon has lost his place in the Sunderland team after coming back from injury, so his rating will fall. Fletcher, while playing more than expected for Man United, flirts with the first team, and can't hold down a regular place. He has the potential to rise to 90, but to maintain he needs to play more often. Beyond that, Hutton has had a bad season with injury, and even when he returns, he will face a fight to get back in the first time, with Redknapp signing Corluka. James Morrison, while playing well, will most likely get relegated with WBA, again affecting his rating unless he moves.

Put simply, bad times!

If you are looking for players to look out for, I would say players such as Steven Fletcher (Hibs), Christophe Berra (Wolves), Ross McCormack (Cardiff) and Kris Commons (Derby) all have potential to be 'good' players, but all still have to prove themselves on the bigger stage.

Boruc To 90

Mcgeady to 89

Naylor 86

Venegoor 88

Have To Agree With Them, Can See All Them Bar Venegoor Getting Them Ratings Back Next Time/After That.

Ferguson Down To 90.. Cuda Gone 89 IMO

Other Minor Changes

Wir Shoudl Have Stayed 89, Better Defence Than Celtic, Most Played Player For Rangers This Season.

Boruc To 90

Mcgeady to 89

Naylor 86

Venegoor 88

Have To Agree With Them' date=' Can See All Them Bar Venegoor Getting Them Ratings Back Next Time/After That.

Ferguson Down To 90.. Cuda Gone 89 IMO

Other Minor Changes

Wir Shoudl Have Stayed 89, Better Defence Than Celtic, Most Played Player For Rangers This Season.[/quote']

McGeady down to 89 is alot of **** imo

McGeady down to 89 is alot of **** imo

mcgeady hasnt been half the player he was last season and u need to remember the amount of games he did not play in as well.

For me boyd has to be a 90 he may not be an international but he scores goals for fun no-one is near him in scotland goals wise.

Totally agree about barry and boruc dropping as well not been on the form we know they are capable of.

the big shocker for me though was that fleck only got a +4 should have at least been +8 i dont get this and then they give cillian sheridan a +10 for me thts a joke only one a disagree with.

I think what cost McGeady the chance of maintaining his rating was lack of consistent first team games. He fell out of favour at the start of the season, then had a fall out with Strachan later on. McGeady has only stated 13 league games, which cant really justify a 90 unless you have been injured and in good form. Maybe his international appearences could have saved him, I dont know.

It has been said before many times, Boyd needs to start against all teams and then score goals against all teams before he could be considered a 90, and if he was playing for Scotland that would also helped too. In fact we could do with him on Saturday, if he is listening...

I think Sheridan's rating was justified as compared to Fleck as he has started 3 times the amount of league games. He has proved himself to be a good standard SPL player at Motherwell. Fleck's time will come though, the boy has talent, but this was just a rating change too soon in my opinion, he has only just burst onto the scene, and needs to prove himself a bit more.

Apart from that, I think the following players deserved at least a rise or a higher one than they got: Scott Brown(90), Papac(89), Bougherra(88), Nade(84-85), Bamba(84) amongst others, and saw no reason for Mehmet dropping. But all in all, it was pretty fair in my opinion.

mcgeady hasnt been half the player he was last season and u need to remember the amount of games he did not play in as well.

For me boyd has to be a 90 he may not be an international but he scores goals for fun no-one is near him in scotland goals wise.

Totally agree about barry and boruc dropping as well not been on the form we know they are capable of.

the big shocker for me though was that fleck only got a +4 should have at least been +8 i dont get this and then they give cillian sheridan a +10 for me thts a joke only one a disagree with.

I don't know how u can say that, even tho hes missed a few games this season he didn't deserve to drop, at international level hes been brilliant.

As for boyd being a 90 don't make me laugh, he might score goals for fun but there always against the smaller teams, he never gets a game against Celtic

or any big games in europe.

Sheridan has played about 4x the games fleck has and scored a few goals, Flecks played about 3 games, that doesn't merit +8

agree with that but how on earth is sheriden getting a +10 a joke hes came on agaisnt man u hes scored goals he was getting some good playing time on the pitch at celtic im surprised they loaneed him out and hes scoreing. Ur niguez from valencia was on 80 dunno if he still is hes the joke of the year some rangers fans said next david silva when i saw him he looks like a fish out of water.

Mcgeady writley down but boyd and brown need to go up.

Although I've sent a Ticket regarding McGeady I couldn't get a answer from SM.They've practically accused that by having him in one of my teams I'm doing this from my own benefits and by doing so I'm "abusing system". :rolleyes:

Obviously no argumentative answer so there is no point of asking.

Simply ridiculously. B)

If you think mcgeady warrants a 90 ur having a laugh most celtic fans i know want rid of him he is only interested in himself hes not the player he is made out to be celtic are a far better team without him in my opinion celtic play better when robson plays instead.

Ur niguez from valencia was on 80 dunno if he still is hes the joke of the year some rangers fans said next david silva when i saw him he looks like a fish out of water.

And as for this a typical nathan kirkby comment hes like the kirk broadfoot of the forum :D he is only a young boy played 6 or so games with 2 goals he will be a good player in the future for rangers trust me on this when he made his debut he came on and also and set up two goals he gets the ball down runs at players and has a good cross on him as well and any rangers fan who says he is the next david silva well thts just stupidity.

IMO McGeady is harsh. Down to 89 for what reason?? He is still regular in first team, league champions for 3 season in a row, regular starter with Ireland and had more CL football this season. And he's still current Player + Young Player of the year(for another few weeks anyway;))

He's now considered a similar rating/standard as Boyd and McGregor who had no CL football, are not regular internationals and have never won a league title.

IMO McGeady is harsh. Down to 89 for what reason?? He is still regular in first team' date=' league champions for 3 season in a row, regular starter with Ireland and had more CL football this season. And he's still current Player + Young Player of the year(for another few weeks anyway;))

He's now considered a similar rating/standard as Boyd and McGregor who had no CL football, are not regular internationals and have never won a league title.[/quote']

Exactly m8, shocking decision if u ask me

got a point.

very surprised if O'Dea doesnt rise either, regularly in 1st team, scored the winner in the Cup Final the other week and has been drafted into the full ROI squad.

Made him my 1st signing on here as fully expected him to rise, will be :mad: if he stays at 84

O'Dea has made 3 starts for celtic this season id be suprised if he gets a rise and whats all the crying about mcgeady out of 6 champions league games he played 2 and scored 1 goal and this year for celtic he has played hardly anything compared to last season.and willo flood why does he deserve this big rise he joined celtic and out of 5 or 6 games he has started one which he was took off on the 68th minute and against dundee utd he came on in the 72nd minute not as if hes set the heather on fire.and just to note craigbhoy burley just named mcgregor as his number 1 today. :D

These rating changes are a absolute joke for both sides of the Old Firm.

Firstly, where's Broadfoot's, Papac's and others I'm sure deserved rises. According to what I've read, ratings are done on minutes and Int. caps. Broadfoot has now broken into the Scotland squad rightly and doesn't get a rise from 87. Seriously? ?

Weir down to an 88? Again, what? How can they justify that. He's old, yes, but he's still playing for Scotland and Rangers. Thomson had an injury aswell, and they've put him down. He was scintillating until his injury. I would've wanted a rise. Putting him down is simply harsh.

McGeady down to 89. What's that all about? As much as I hate him, he still shouldn't have went down. Boruc too, he's nowhere near one of the best, but a 91 was decent. Barry was lucky to keep a 90, he's terrible. Willo Flood is a wee traitor. He intentionally missed his penalty against Celtc and moved to them days later. He's mingin'. Boyd and McGregor shouldn't rise though.

All in all, I know the league is being downgraded but some of the ratings are a joke. I am absolutely fuming.

IMO McGeady is harsh. Down to 89 for what reason?? He is still regular in first team' date=' league champions for 3 season in a row, regular starter with Ireland and had more CL football this season. And he's still current Player + Young Player of the year(for another few weeks anyway;))

He's now considered a similar rating/standard as Boyd and McGregor who had no CL football, are not regular internationals and have never won a league title.[/quote']

He's a kick in the nuts for my team - was not expecting it. :o

This is the answer to my Ticket regarding McGeady:

"Hi Master,

Having looked at the forum, it appears that there are mixed views about the above player, with many Celtic fans agreeing that he deserved to drop. Ratings are a matter of opinion, we believe the dropping of all of the above was fair."

So my question is:

-Who are this MANY Celtic fans that agree with McGeady's dropped rating? :rolleyes: