Team Stolen!

If theres one thing that gets me made in online games is when i work on something and it gets stolen. I had milan in world 75 and was doing great. Today i log in and no more team. What happened? My password isnt easy. The name of the guy who stole it is jordan Brenshaw he has 2 accounts one with my team. Anything that can be done. Cause if not im leaving sm foreveer:(.

As long as u give them all the information such as your email address, password etc plus an explanation of what happened i dont see why u shouldnt get them back soon.

It seems to be a recent trend these people trying to steal people's teams, its worrying. people must try to be very careful in what personal info they give out.

Opps i forgot to give my email and pass. But i sent it with the email address soe they have that. Think the pass is needed?

You can ask them that....

Try to not show your e-mail in that account if really like the milan.

Don't worry, i know people who got their team stolen and SM gave them the team back.

If you can't get your milan Back, don't quit. Prove to yourself you are a good manager, and build up another great team! :)

Or, take a challenge and manage Plymouth Argyle, or Bristol Rovers in div 2,3,4. But don't quit, life is a game, would you quit life if someone steals you ?

You can ask them that....

Try to not show your e-mail in that account if really like the milan.

Don't worry' date=' i know people who got their team stolen and SM gave them the team back.

If you can't get your milan Back, don't quit. Prove to yourself you are a good manager, and build up another great team! :)

Or, take a challenge and manage Plymouth Argyle, or Bristol Rovers in div 2,3,4. But don't quit, life is a game, would you quit life if someone steals you ?[/quote']

That is hilarious..."if someone steals you." Never quite heard it put like that before Dex.

I hope you get your team back though...I was just kind of thinking about it and maybe there should be some way to hide your email? I didn't even know that it was shown in the first place.

Turns out nothing they can do. Im sad to lose a team ive worked so hard to improve. And im frustrated to know a guy stole the team. But lifes tough and i need a helmet. ;):P Suks how i was doing so well. I had kaka, gattuso, pirlo, xabi, totti, robinho etc. And was 1st. I think im gonna quit soccermanager, theres no real reason i jst llost my interest in it after i lost milan.

Im sorry for causing trouble. thx for all ur help. Wish things could go better. *jumps out window*

hehe :P jking.

Turns out nothing they can do. Im sad to lose a team ive worked so hard to improve. And im frustrated to know a guy stole the team. But lifes tough and i need a helmet. ;):P Suks how i was doing so well. I had kaka' date=' gattuso, pirlo, xabi, totti, robinho etc. And was 1st. I think im gonna quit soccermanager, theres no real reason i jst llost my interest in it after i lost milan.

Im sorry for causing trouble. thx for all ur help. Wish things could go better. *jumps out window*

hehe :P jking.[/quote']

You didnt cause any trouble, im sorry to hear about you not being able to get your team back, its very sad that someone who is an idiot has swindled you out of what sounds a very decent side. It happened to me a while back with my Chelsea team so i understand how u feel.

I encourage you to stay and take up a new challenge, i can assure you i now enjoy managing the likes of Port Vale, Dundee and Flamengo over the big clubs. If you follow the scouting threads you will find these types of teams can be so much more rewarding. Its really good to start with a rubbish team and gradually bring in cheap players and before you know it if you get the right ones in ( and you cant fail if you consult some of the scouting threads )

you have a brilliant side for the level you are at and more money to make them even better.

If that doesnt take your fancy PM me i have a couple of bigger sides i may give up, especially in this circumstance.

how

Surprised no one's asked this, but how did someone just take your team?? :eek:

the only way for someone to take your team is if they know your password - maybe seen you typing it at school or maybe tricked you into telling them??

i notice in one of your replies you say "oops forgot to give my password" to admin.... no one should ever need your password, even admin!!

also perhaps you got auto-resigned because you didn't log in for 2 weeks? :(

Hacking has never existed to our knowledge on SM.

People can answer your personal questions, if they are easy (like fave footie team), to gain access to your hotmail account. If this is the email account you use for SM, it's not rocket science to then get the password for your SM account. Sad some people bother, but true.

It is rare SM will give people back their old teams, as someone saying 'my sign in details have changed, this WAS my account email address and password' could just be another potential account thief rather than the genuine article.