Valencia to let 16 players leave this summer!

BenReado

I'm sure we all know that Valencia have had problems financially recently, and will have to let players go in the summer, but I was as shocked as you will be when I read this.

Reports in Spain today claim that Valencia are ready to let more than 16 players go this summer, including the likes of David Villa, David Silva and Joaquin.

The Spanish side are known to be in severe financial trouble at the moment and have had to halt work on their new stadium because of the dire situation.

Some of the squad have also not been paid for weeks as the money is not available and it looks almost inevitable that there will be a big clear out this summer.

Marca reports that there are four groups of players who are likely to leave; those whose contracts run out this season, those who will be sold, those who could be released and those who are out on loan.

The most important group is perhaps the ones who will be sold, as they will bring in some money to hopefully aid the finances, although it is highly unlikely they will fix them.

The names included in this list are David Villa, David Silva, Joaquin, Carlos Marchena, Raul Albiol, Manuel Fernandes, Miguel and Emiliano Moretti.

The first two of those have been rumoured to be leaving the Mestalla for some time now, and each day it seems less and less likely that they will stay beyond the summer.

Elsewhere, Fernando Morientes and Curro Torres find themselves out of contract in June and it is not thought they will remain with the club, whilst other players could be released.

David Albelda, Ruben Baraja, Asier del Horno, Hugo Viana, Edu and Miguel Angulo are those who could be let go, presumably just to free up space and lessen the wage bill.

Then there are players out on loan, including Nikola Zigic, Ever Banega, David Navarro, Nacho Gonzalez and Ludovic Butelle, who seem unlikely to have a future with the club.

Youngsters like Montoro, Aaron, Bellvis, Miku, Lillo and Jordi Alba look set to complete the pre-season with the club, but after that their futures will be decided upon.

The only players who look as though they will stay at the club are Renan, Juan Mata, Alexis, Cesar, Pablo Hernandez, Vicente, Hedwiges Maduro, Thiago Carletto and Guaita.

Valencia's debt is currently £462million and this number is getting higher and higher by the day.

Players are not being payed because the club, can't afford it. Even if Valenica do sell the 16 players mentioned, they still have to fork out the £xxxx millions for overdue player wages, and then have to find new players to bring in unless they are totally relying on youth.

I mean, if the players expected to leave do leave, Valencia will be left with a team looking like this:

Renan (24)/Cesar (old)

Ximo (19) --Alexis (23) --Lomban (21) --Thaigo Carleto (19)

Maduro (24) ---David (22)

Pablo (23) ------------------------Vicente (27)

Mata (20)

Michel (20)

That team is very inexperienced and that in reality could be their starting team! Imagine what their reserves would be like! It's a real shame but I think this club could be heading the same way Leeds did... but even worse :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Valencia to let 16 players leave this summer!

If this is true then this will mean Valencia will turn into Leeds and start to faid away from European football into the second division.

As im sure you will back up Benreado i believe Liverpool should sign David Villa to partner Torrres up front as we desperately need some more attackers and he is ideal for our squad.

If this is true then this will mean Valencia will turn into Leeds and start to faid away from European football into the second division.

As im sure you will back up Benreado i believe Liverpool should sign David Villa to partner Torrres up front as we desperately need some more attackers and he is ideal for our squad.

I'd love it to happen, but I'd bet my house on him going to Barcelona now his agent has said he will be staying in Spain. I think we've got a better chance of signing Silva tbh, and I also think he'll fit into our system very well.

It's a real shame Valencia are in this position as they're a club I've always enjoyed watch play. I realy wish they could get an investor and not be raided in the summer, but with the economic downturn as it is at the moment there isn't much chance of that.

I suppose the best thing we can hope for is that Valencia will recieve a fair price for all the players they are forced to sell, and that they can overtime regain the position where they are now.

It's a real shame Valencia are in this position as they're a club I've always enjoyed watch play. I realy wish they could get an investor and not be raided in the summer' date=' but with the economic downturn as it is at the moment there isn't much chance of that.

I suppose the best thing we can hope for is that Valencia will recieve a fair price for all the players they are forced to sell, and that they can overtime regain the position where they are now.[/quote']

They could always be like Fiorentina rather then Leeds and find a buer for them to make them big again if they struggle. I mean look where Fiorentina are now compared to before?

Guest Football8

I'd love to see David Silva at Liverpool, we are i need of some wingers, good ones. Also I'd also love David Villa to move to Real Madrid, with Raúl and Ruud Van Nistelrooy getting old. ;)

I'd love to see David Silva at Liverpool' date=' we are i need of some wingers, good ones. Also I'd also love David Villa to move to Real Madrid, with Raúl and Ruud Van Nistelrooy getting old. ;)[/quote']

And Higuain and Huntelaar not being good enough?

I remember United bid for Silva last season, so they're probably still interested.

We have Nacho Gonzalez on loan at Newcastle but we havent seen him play much. He has been injured for most of the time but is now back in training. We also have a agreement to sign him but i dont see it happening due to the fact he has hardly played. Are Valencia in danger of going under soon or will they stay afloat until the end of the season?

How much were Leeds in debt by?? :eek: Fiorentina??? :rolleyes:

£462million is a massive amount of debt, plus unpaid wages, outstanding interest, penalties, etc and that figure could exceed £500 million, which is even more in Euros. I'm affraid it's all over for them! :(

It will be interesting to see where the spanish internationals go, if/when Valencia do sell them off. Villa and Silva will be in huge demand I think, but even Carlos Marchena as an experienced CB and DM will no doubt attract plenty of interest as he was better than Puyol at Euro 08 imho.

Interesting times ahead :D

Herby

How much were Leeds in debt by?? :eek: Fiorentina??? :rolleyes:

£462million is a massive amount of debt' date=' plus unpaid wages, outstanding interest, penalties, etc and that figure could exceed £500 million, which is even more in Euros. I'm affraid it's all over for them! :(

It will be interesting to see where the spanish internationals go, if/when Valencia do sell them off. Villa and Silva will be in huge demand I think, but even Carlos Marchena as an experienced CB and DM will no doubt attract plenty of interest as he was better than Puyol at Euro 08 imho.

[b']Interesting times ahead[/b] :D

Herby

Very Very Interesting Times Ahead.... I Bet Villa, Silva Will Stay Abroad :( I Would Love To See Them In The Premiership :o

Guest Daragh

I'd love it to happen' date=' but I'd bet my house on him going to Barcelona now his agent has said he will be staying in Spain. [b']I think we've got a better chance of signing Silva [/b]tbh, and I also think he'll fit into our system very well.

It's a real shame Valencia are in this position as they're a club I've always enjoyed watch play. I realy wish they could get an investor and not be raided in the summer, but with the economic downturn as it is at the moment there isn't much chance of that.

I suppose the best thing we can hope for is that Valencia will recieve a fair price for all the players they are forced to sell, and that they can overtime regain the position where they are now.

I agree for two reasons

1) We were linked with him in the Summer only I think Valencia were looking for too much money for him

2) Silva would fit ino our system great but Villa wouldn't. I can't imagine Rafa changing his 4-2-3-1 formation (which he loves) and changing the whole system/style of play around just to fit one player even though it is David Villa :D

Its very sad to hear this. I've always enjoyed watching Valencia :(

Although I'd love to see Silva at Liverpool I think I'd prefer to have Joaquin. I know hes not anywhere at the level he was before but he's exactly what we need - an out an out winger. We've never really had any width, pace, and quality on the right hand side (pennant never really delivered his potential) and is what we're lacking in the fight for the title. Sad to hear about Valencia falling away, does anyone think this will affect Mata's chances of 90?

i just think its a real **** shame that a once european giant is just dropping like the titanic:(! i supose what would be their best option would be sell there highest earners, (Villa, Silva, Marchena, Morientes) and then play their youngsters, it wouldn't be a bad thing for the youngsters, but the club seriously needs reforming from the bottom upwards, new everything (Chairmen, Owners but keep the staff) its just a real shame:(! hope they do turn out ok tho, does anyone know the rules in spain for clubs goin into administration?:confused:!

i just hope valencia dont crumble!:(

Guest TOM_HEMY

reminds me of what happened to leeds they were in champs league about 5/6 years ago, such a shame whats happening to all the big clubs around the world look at chelsea they will be there soon IMO with abramavic loosin money by the day

I am optimistic and I really hope they will find an investor or just be able to survive with their youth. Valencia was always 1 of my favourite clubs (I remmember Mendieta and Killy Gonzalez) and it would be a shame if they'd disappear from the European map :(

I do hope that the buyers of these players, especially the larger ones, are respectful enough not to haggle and bargain for personal gains. I do hope that the youngsters can at least keep Valencia above the relegation zone. Anyway, this would mean a lot of risers. :eek: Depressing though... :(

I just find it astonishing that a club, arguably the 3rd biggest in Spain, which is building a 75,000 seater stadium and has more than 50,000 season ticket holders (PLUS a further 20,000+ on a waiting list - hence the new stadium) can go soooooooo far into debt. :confused::(

I think the club needs a new board as it seems like a case of EXTREME mismanagement. I think the best comparison could be Dortmund, a club with a huge fan base and stadium but despite all that, almost had to declare bankrupcy a few years ago due to MASSIVE debts. :o

Herby

That team is very inexperienced and that in reality could be their starting team! Imagine what their reserves would be like! It's a real shame but I think this club could be heading the same way Leeds did... but even worse :(

No offense ben but i'mgoing to have to catch you on this one, Valencia has yet to release how much debt they have, and from what the OFFICIAL reports have stated,something so drastic is not what is in store. This is hype from some unreliable source. Again Valencia has yet to release any figure on how much debt they have,and the board has stated that it isn't as serious as you state it is.

I do hope that the buyers of these players' date=' especially the larger ones, are respectful enough not to haggle and bargain for personal gains.[/b'] I do hope that the youngsters can at least keep Valencia above the relegation zone. Anyway, this would mean a lot of risers. :eek: Depressing though... :(

Hahahahahahaha :P

C'mon Philippe, let's get real. There's no friendship in the business world of football. It's BUSINESS .... but rest assured, there will be enough interest in these players to attract BIG numbers. ;)

Many of you keep mentioning investors, but who actually owns VFC? Shareholders? Anyone know if the share have been suspended from trading yet? :rolleyes:

Valencia's debt is currently £462million and this number is getting higher and higher by the day.

and if you listen to platini and blatter its only english clubs in ridiculous amounts of debt - its not as if real madrid are £484m in debt' date=' atletico in £399m in debt, barca in £360m in debt...

If this is true then this will mean Valencia will turn into Leeds and start to faid away from European football into the second division. .

valencia = leeds + a half built stadium

Those Arabs should of bought Valencia' date=' i will miss them:([/quote']

i dont think foreigners/people who aren't spanish citizens can buy clubs in spain (or italy either)

No offense ben but i'mgoing to have to catch you on this one' date=' Valencia has yet to release how much debt they have, and from what the OFFICIAL reports have stated,something so drastic is not what is in store. This is hype from some unreliable source. Again Valencia has yet to release any figure on how much debt they have,and the board has stated that it isn't as serious as you state it is.[/quote']

guillem balague has said its somewhere in the region between EUR500-700m euros, and tbh if they can ride out this recession to an extent it may not be too bad for them, esp as one way how they can get a large amount of the debt paid off is by selling the mestalla.

btw is it possible for people to buy a copy of a companys accounts in spain like you can in england for something like £15? thats one way how you can find out about the actual level of debt