Zlatan to 97????

josueperez26

Zlatan to 97????  

1. 1.

• yes 97
    • no 96

Re: Zlatan to 97????

I think he is very over-rated and brings nothing to a team apart from goals he never helps the rest of the team but I do believe that on his day he is one of the best players in the world but to say he is on the same level as players like Gerrard, Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi, Eto'o and Kaka is wrong IMO.

what i say a player with his abilities of shooting' date=' passing, he is capable of make impressive goal just like gerrard and messi[/quote']

Yeah he's capable, but he's never shown it on the big stage. He should never go above 96, especially while playing in a weak Italian league.

Yeah he's capable' date=' but he's never shown it on the big stage. He should never go above 96, especially while playing in a weak Italian league.[/quote']

disagree Italy is probably 3rd biggest league in Europe behind England and Spain and Kaka got 98 in Italy But I agree about not showing it on the big stage he hardly ever performs for Sweden and looked average against Man U only ever seems to look 'Brilliant' against the weaker Italian teams.

Guest melbguy1

I think he can reach a 97 the next season if he improves his "Teamwork". Skill he has' date=' goals he scores, 97 why not??? Not this time, maybe in the next ;)[/quote']

agree... although I think his team going further is more important that his teamwork skills.

He will win FIFA player of the year sometime soon and he can't possibly play better than what he is currently is(maybe a little more effort tracking back, but he has improved that this season to a little degree)

people who just come out with a straight 'no' don't have a clue about Zlatan

disagree Italy is probably 3rd biggest league in Europe behind England and Spain and Kaka got 98 in Italy But I agree about not showing it on the big stage he hardly ever performs for Sweden and looked average against Man U only ever seems to look 'Brilliant' against the weaker Italian teams.

I honesty think that SM has to look at the discrepancy between the EPL and the next two leagues in Spain and Italy. The gap has become ever more so prevalent over the past few years. The EPL's dominance has shown not just in European competition, but just for the fact that mediocre players have left the league to Italy and Spain and have become stars for top teams in their respective leagues. The best example of such players would be Muntari and Lassana Diarra who were good players in the EPL, but have really shown in Serie A and La Liga. What's more, despite the fact that they seem to have become stars in Milan and Madrid, they were absolutely out of their depth against top English opposition in the Champions League.

Guest melbguy1

I honesty think that SM has to look at the discrepancy between the EPL and the next two leagues in Spain and Italy. The gap has become ever more so prevalent over the past few years. The EPL's dominance has shown not just in European competition' date=' but just for the fact that [b']mediocre players have left the league to Italy and Spain[/b] and have become stars for top teams in their respective leagues. The best example of such players would be Muntari and Lassana Diarra who were good players in the EPL, but have really shown in Serie A and La Liga. What's more, despite the fact that they seem to have become stars in Milan and Madrid, they were absolutely out of their depth against top English opposition in the Champions League.

LOL this forum should try to maintain some integrity

take away all the dribble before, whats the chances he even watched a CL clash between the Serie A and EPL teams

LOL this forum should try to maintain some integrity

take away all the dribble before' date=' whats the chances he even watched a CL clash between the Serie A and EPL teams[/quote']

Look, Serie A is facing endemic problems, if you want to believe it or not. Aging stadiums and bad commercialization have led to attendances which are lower on average than those in the English Championship. What's more, the Serie A is led by money hungry directors who have undermined the quality of the league and have caused the league to lose its worldwide appeal. Not only this, but the aging players that rule the league do not help. 10 years ago, the league had stars like Zidane, Nedved, Stankovic, Zanetti, Maldini, Davids, Del Piero, Deschamps etc... Now, all these players have either retired or are planning on retiring soon. The only player that can still compete is Del Piero, but he clearly can't go on for much longer. As we see the league become a retirement facility, there seems to be a massive lack of young upcoming players. Pato and Giovinco are notable exceptions, but even Giovinco is already 22 years old. You only have to look at players like Aguero, Benzema, Messi, Ronaldo who have all achieved more at a younger age.

I realize you are a Juventus supporter, but even the most biased supporter won't be able to make a case that the Italian league is currently competitive compared to the EPL and La Liga. Italy needs to restructure Serie A before the situation worsens. With the terrible performances in the past two UCL campaigns, only one team remaining in the UEFA cup, and a poor performance in the Euros, Italy's UEFA coefficient will drop down even lower than it has already. In fact, if Bayern pick up a favorable draw in the next round and advance to the semis, the Bundesliga could have a chance of overtaking Serie A for UCL/UEFA Cup places.

Guest melbguy1

Look' date=' Serie A is facing endemic problems, if you want to believe it or not. Aging stadiums and bad commercialization have led to attendances which are lower on average than those in the English Championship. What's more, the Serie A is led by money hungry directors who have undermined the quality of the league and have caused the league to lose its worldwide appeal. Not only this, but the aging players that rule the league do not help. 10 years ago, the league had stars like Zidane, Nedved, Stankovic, Zanetti, Maldini, Davids, Del Piero, Deschamps etc... Now, all these players have either retired or are planning on retiring soon. The only player that can still compete is Del Piero, but he clearly can't go on for much longer. As we see the league become a retirement facility, there seems to be a massive lack of young upcoming players. Pato and Giovinco are notable exceptions, but even Giovinco is already 22 years old. You only have to look at players like Aguero, Benzema, Messi, Ronaldo who have all achieved more at a younger age.

I realize you are a Juventus supporter, but even the most biased supporter won't be able to make a case that the Italian league is currently competitive compared to the EPL and La Liga. Italy needs to restructure Serie A before the situation worsens. [b']With the terrible performances in the past two UCL campaigns[/b], only one team remaining in the UEFA cup, and a poor performance in the Euros, Italy's UEFA coefficient will drop down even lower than it has already. In fact, if Bayern pick up a favorable draw in the next round and advance to the semis, the Bundesliga could have a chance of overtaking Serie A for UCL/UEFA Cup places.

dude, feel free to share your thoughts on why Serie A is much much much much worst than the EPL, but base it on facts.. basing it on that Italian teams have had 'terrible' performances in the last 2 CL campaigns is wrong and unfortunately IMO displays where you get your information from which is NOT first hand by watching the games. And to say that the only 2 notible youngsters in the league are the ones that you named is also very very wrong.

No disagreements from me that the Serie A needs definate change some of which are in it's power and some that unfortunately are not.

But the fact still remains that Zlatan is a frightening fantastic player and using the arguement that EPL is better than Serie A (based on infactual arguements) to talk him down as a player has a tinge of EPL fanboyism.

Just a quick note to evrybody who does not know there is no point in having a debate with Mel as he has never been wrong in his life :rolleyes:

Im telling you his word is final either accept it or move on!!

Ona serious note 96 for Ibra is fine, fantastic form and goalscoring record in Italy but at the top Champions League level he just aint done it...no reason for him to change this Rating change

Guest melbguy1

Just a quick note to evrybody who does not know there is no point in having a debate with Mel as he has never been wrong in his life :rolleyes:

Im telling you his word is final either accept it or move on!!

Ona serious note 96 for Ibra is fine' date=' fantastic form and goalscoring record in Italy but at the top Champions League level he just aint done it...no reason for him to change this Rating change[/quote']

feel free to highlight the areas in which you think I am wrong... otherwise just comment on the topic and don't have a cheap shot at me:rolleyes:

darn stupid LFC supporters:mad:

Its Ok Mel none of us take any notice of what you say now anyway....your unfounded hatred for anything LFC was initally annoying now we just ignore you...cant help the ignorant....dont get so stressed :)

No way Ibra for 97 until he proves himself at the top tier of European football which is the Champions League. Its one thing scoring consistently against the types of Reggina,Siena,etc quite another to do it on the grandest stage of all where defences are that much stronger.

Guest melbguy1

Its Ok Mel none of us take any notice of what you say now anyway....your unfounded hatred for anything LFC was initally annoying now we just ignore you...cant help the ignorant....dont get so stressed :)

No way Ibra for 97 until he proves himself at the top tier of European football which is the Champions League. Its one thing scoring consistently against the types of Reggina' date='Siena,etc quite another to do it on the grandest stage of all where defences are that much stronger.[/quote']

the fact your commenting means you took notice:rolleyes:

don't take notice and don't comment and my job is half-way complete :)

I guess 5 goals in 7 games last season in CL doesn't count or the 2 (nice) goals in 3 games at Euro 2008. Not saying he 'has' performed at the international level but he is far from what some people insinuate with some of their posts.

again.. The stat correlating and inference obsessed can find an argement to talk themselves into beleiveing he aint that good but I would actually ask some to either watch more than 1 Inter game or if that is too much of a daunting task then watch some youtube clips, even from only this year.

Its a real shame for some of you guys that you are so closed-minded that you are denying yourselves from watching the wonderman that is Zlatan.

anyway, no-one is even paying attention anymore:p:D

Yeh and the stat 0 goals in 15 knockout games is a wonderful assessment of how he delivers when he plays against Europes elite....not some of the dross that is in the group stages....

PS: I watch plenty of Italian games no doubt he is top notch domestically but at the top tier of European football against the heavyweight names he has just never done it. Argue all you like but we both know there is no way Ibra will make 97. To make that you have to prove yourself at Champions League and International level on a regular basis. On this count he is behind the likes of Messi, Eto, Torres, to name a few. Also absolutley no chance he will ever win a Balon D'Or and you can quote me on that because I am certain he wont.

For me he is a 97 imo. Plays for the top team in Italy, he is priceless to them and he has been performing consistently (excl. CL quarter) all season scoring goals playing with Adriano and Balotelli, both have gone missing in huge chunks of the game.

Inter's main players are three, all three deserve an increase;

Julio Cesar 94-94/95

Maicon 94-95

Zlatan 96-96/97

They have aging stars; Zanetti, Cordoba, Viera, Cruz, Crespo.

I think next season they'll be a force to reckon with if they can sell large chunk of their squad.

Ibrahimovic is lucky to have 96. He should be 94 TBH. 97? Your having a laugh ha ha.

The most over rated player on the planet!!!! Can't score against any decent teams. Its not hard to score against poor and mediocre Italian teams. Any time I've seen him he's been rubbish bar about 2 or 3 games against poor teams.