Zlatan to 97????

josueperez26

Zlatan to 97????  

1. 1.

• yes 97
    • no 96

Re: Zlatan to 97????

dude' date=' feel free to share your thoughts on why Serie A is much much much much worst than the EPL, but base it on facts.. basing it on that Italian teams have had 'terrible' performances in the last 2 CL campaigns is wrong and unfortunately IMO displays where you get your information from which is NOT first hand by watching the games. And to say that the only 2 notible youngsters in the league are the ones that you named is also very very wrong.

No disagreements from me that the Serie A needs definate change some of which are in it's power and some that unfortunately are not.

But the fact still remains that Zlatan is a frightening fantastic player and using the arguement that EPL is better than Serie A (based on infactual arguements) to talk him down as a player has a tinge of EPL fanboyism.[/quote']

Italian teams have performed horribly in the Champions League the past two seasons, glad that someone knows what the hell they're talking about. What's more, the past two seasons, only English teams have knocked other English teams out. Also, I'm glad that you must have had some sort of camera watching what I do on CL days and on the weekends to see what matches I watch. Last round in the CL I watched the United game (who didn't), Madrid's match, the Juventus game, and I only caught extra time on the Arsenal game. I have them all on TIVO though, so I guess if I really wanted to see that last game in its entirety I could.

Also, Serie A massively lacks youngsters, especially any quality ones. However, I forgot to mention Santon, in my last post, who has played exceptionally well.

dude' date=' feel free to share your thoughts on why Serie A is much much much much worst than the EPL, but base it on facts.. basing it on that Italian teams have had 'terrible' performances in the last 2 CL campaigns is wrong and unfortunately IMO displays where you get your information from which is NOT first hand by watching the games. And to say that the only 2 notible youngsters in the league are the ones that you named is also very very wrong.

No disagreements from me that the Serie A needs definate change some of which are in it's power and some that unfortunately are not.

But the fact still remains that Zlatan is a frightening fantastic player and using the arguement that EPL is better than Serie A (based on infactual arguements) to talk him down as a player has a tinge of EPL fanboyism.[/quote']

Accuse him of FANBOYISM all you like, but i think hes right. average players from the EPL can move to other leagues and llok world class, which just shows the strength of the EPL. Zlatan looked very poor against united TWICE, who went and lost 4-1 to liverpool a game later. if hes struggling against defences that leak four SLOPPY goals against liverpool, i struggle to find any argument for you to say that zlatan or serie A are as strong as you think. plus european the chmpions league has already lost inter and juventus to english sides, which shows the strength of the league.

How many Italian clubs are left in Europe? 1:rolleyes:

None right?

Juventus, Inter and Roma were all knocked out.

Zlatan won't get 97. Nothing to do with the league he plays in, just that he needs to improve on certain aspects of his game. Also Eto'o should be gettin 97...so i can't see Zlatan being level with him anytime soon. I personally like the Serie A. Some say its slow and all but i enjoy watching:)

None right?

Juventus' date=' Inter and Roma were all knocked out.

Zlatan won't get 96. Nothing to do with the league he plays in, just that he needs to improve on certain aspects of his game. Also Eto'o should be gettin 97...so i can't see Zlatan being level with him anytime soon. I personally like the Serie A. Some say its slow and all but i enjoy watching:)[/quote']

including the UEFA cup where only Udinese remain.

The ratibf cap for Serie A should be 96.

None right?

Juventus' date=' Inter and Roma were all knocked out.

Zlatan won't get 96. Nothing to do with the league he plays in, just that he needs to improve on certain aspects of his game. Also Eto'o should be gettin 97...so i can't see Zlatan being level with him anytime soon. I personally like the Serie A. Some say its slow and all but i enjoy watching:)[/quote']

He already is 96. :o:o

Guest melbguy1

even with the barage of antagonistic comments I stand by my view.

Zlatan will be player of the year sometime soon and this year his name will be mentioned again and again although he won't get it (because of Inter, not him). Zlatan will be right there with Messi as 2 of the 3 players short listed for the award. The league he is playing in doesn't have much to do with the type of goals he is scoring or the phenomenal amount of skill he posseses.

The majority of people who argue his increase base it on the fact that serie A is poor, and they base that fact on no Italians in the CL which they attribute to the English clubs humiliating the Italian clubs, which, beleive it or not was not the case... but some will just refuse to see it that way and continue on their merry way.

Either way... Zlatan top 3 world player this year is my overall point. And as Dai says... it's an opinion, so I can't be wrong

Zlatan will be player of the year sometime soon and this year his name will be mentioned again and again although he won't get it (because of Inter' date=' not him). Zlatan will be right there with Messi as 2 of the 3 players short listed for the award. The league he is playing in doesn't have much to do with the type of goals he is scoring or the phenomenal amount of skill he posseses.

The majority of people who argue his increase base it on the fact that serie A is poor, and they base that fact on no Italians in the CL which they attribute to the English clubs humiliating the Italian clubs, which, beleive it or not was not the case... but some will just refuse to see it that way and continue on their merry way.

Either way... Zlatan top 3 world player this year is my overall point. And as Dai says... it's an opinion, so I can't be wrong[/quote']

You cant really blame inter, hes a striker, he didnt take his chances that were put on a plate for him so inter went out of the champions league. He didnt do what hes paid to do.

I dont think ibrah has any chance of being in the top 3.

Most of us don't base our arguments on him playing for Inter. We form our opinions from what we see of him in the Champions league. And Melb, of course, would sooner we base our opinions on what he tells us. Either that or regularly put ourselves through the grind of Serie A matches in order for us to see how amazing Zlatan looks against a fading opposition. If the lad wasn't so tanked up on frustration and Anti-English sentiment, his "opinions" wouldn't be so skewed as to, so often, fall upon deaf ears.

Great read this thread. Keep the opinions coming guys, especially melbguy. I sort of feel sorry for him, as he's the only one defending Zlatan but that's probably because he's in the minority who believe he's a 97. :)

I'd say 96, but that's purely based on stats, my opinions on the Italian league, and the MU-Inter matches. I don't watch Italian football.

Zlatan will be player of the year sometime soon and this year his name will be mentioned again and again although he won't get it (because of Inter' date=' not him). Zlatan will be right there with Messi as 2 of the 3 players short listed for the award. The league he is playing in doesn't have much to do with the type of goals he is scoring or the phenomenal amount of skill he posseses.

Either way... Zlatan top 3 world player this year is my overall point. And as Dai says... it's an opinion, so I can't be wrong[/quote']

zlatan will not be in the top 2 or 3 players in the world this year and probably be far from it, a lot of people said ronaldo couldnt perform in the big games but i think his starting too or he is at least scoring in the big games now and considering he is still relatively young at 23 his time on the big stage is yet to come.

However ibramhovic is 27 or 28 and whilst he has all the attributes to be world class he doesnt do it for me and has shown nothing to let me think he is world class tbh, i watch Serie a little bit a lot like the bundesliga but from that i determine players like ribery and diego and kaka arent all hype when ibramhovic seems to be its all well and good doing at against the sienas off this world but its no good if you dont do it against the real madrids and man utds.

honestly show me one thing he has done against a good side because your saying ibra should be rated higher than torres. and this is when torres made a fool of him and ibramahovic was in vidics back pocket all night

oh and proof the EPL is better than serie A

Arsenal Beat Roma

Chelsea Beat Juventus

Man Utd Beat Inter

whilst i think the juventus result could have gone either way arsenal should have scored 7 in the first leg against roma and man utd always had the upper hand on inter

I your judging his performances against Man Utd then he should stay at 96, but over all he has had a decent season, but is decent enough to get you to 97, I don't he is as good as messi but i reckon he will be going up to 98 soon anyway, maybe as good as gerrard but gerrard is *** anyway, Zlatan needs to be more consistant but he is a good player

You're opinion can be what it wants to be, but Zlatan will never be FIFA Player Of the Year or win Ballon D'or, you can quote me on that.

I your judging his performances against Man Utd then he should stay at 96' date=' but over all he has had a decent season, but is decent enough to get you to 97, I don't he is as good as messi but i reckon he will be going up to 98 soon anyway, maybe as good as gerrard but gerrard is *** anyway, Zlatan needs to be more consistant but he is a good player[/quote']

If you're going to base his rating on the United performances then forget a 96 aswell, he played awfully and missed a couple chances I would have put it.

But Zlatan a 97? No way. If you're trying to tell me that he is as good now as Lionel Messi was last year then please think about that for a second. Ratings of 95 and above, according to SM guidelines, is held for a player who "has proved his class both on the domestic and continential or international stage." Never scored in the Knockout rounds of the Champions League, or of any knockout rounds of an international competition. So much for proving himseld continentally or International, but because of his goal scoring it Italy I suppose he deserves 96.

You're opinion can be what it wants to be' date=' but Zlatan will never be FIFA Player Of the Year or win Ballon D'or, you can quote me on that.

If you're going to base his rating on the United performances then forget a 96 aswell, he played awfully and missed a couple chances I would have put it.

But Zlatan a 97? No way. If you're trying to tell me that he is as good now as Lionel Messi was last year then please think about that for a second. Ratings of 95 and above, according to SM guidelines, is held for a player who "has proved his class both on the domestic and continential or international stage." Never scored in the Knockout rounds of the Champions League, or of any knockout rounds of an international competition. So much for proving himseld continentally or International, but because of his goal scoring it Italy I suppose he deserves 96.[/quote']

No you have mistaken what i was saying, probably cuz of mistypes. I was trying to say that if he goes up to a 97, which i dnt think he wil, then that must mean he is playing aswel as or is as good as messi, which i reckon he isn't, therefore i dnt think he wil go up to a 97. I was also saying that yes he did have a shocker against man utd

No you have mistaken what i was saying' date=' probably cuz of mistypes. I was trying to say that if he goes up to a 97, which i dnt think he wil, then that must mean he is playing aswel as or is as good as messi, which i reckon he isn't, therefore i dnt think he wil go up to a 97. I was also saying that yes he did have a shocker against man utd[/quote']

Oh sorry, I actually wasn't reffering to you when I said you, I was talking to anyone who does think he deserves 97, sorry for the confusion :o I thought that by starting a new paragraph it would indicate that, I was wrong. But I agree with you, Zlatan is not as good now as Messi was last season.

Put it this way -

Ibra -

Serie A - 26 starts 0 subs 17 goals 6 assists

Champs League - 7 starts 1 sub 1 goal 2 assists

Coppa Italia -1 start 1 goal

Eto -

La Liga - 24 starts 2 subs 23 goals 3 assists

Champs League - 4 starts 1 sub 2 goals 1 assist

Copa del Ray - 2 subs

Eto up to 97, Ibra stay still.

Champs league wise, Ibra has been shocking. Against us I was glad when he was given the ball, rather than someone like Stankovic keeping it and going for goal. Mourinho made an idiot of himself saying he's the best in the world, he was absolutely shocking.

BTW Melb, because you're such a huge fan of Rooney I thought you'd like to know Rooney's got 6 starts in CL, 1 sub and then 3 goals and an assist ;), making him statistically better than Ibrahimovic in the champions league. But Rooney shouldn't be 96:rolleyes:.

Put it this way -

Ibra -

Eto -

Copa del Ray - 2 subs

Eto up to 97' date=' Ibra stay still.

Champs league wise, Ibra has been shocking. Against us I was glad when he was given the ball, rather than someone like Stankovic keeping it and going for goal. Mourinho made an idiot of himself saying he's the best in the world, he was absolutely shocking.

BTW Melb, because you're such a huge fan of Rooney I thought you'd like to know Rooney's got 6 starts in CL, 1 sub and then 3 goals and an assist ;), making him statistically better than Ibrahimovic in the champions league. But Rooney shouldn't be 96:rolleyes:.[/quote']

I don't mean to criticise you or put you down by saying this, but those statistics don't mean as much as you think they would. For a while now Serie A has been statistically the most difficult league to get a goal, and this season La Liga is filled with goals so there's more to look at than the number of goals.

But mate, Del Piero's got 5 goals in 7 games, surely he deserves 97 more than any other striker in the world.

Put it this way -

Ibra -

Eto -

Copa del Ray - 2 subs

Eto up to 97' date=' Ibra stay still.

BTW Melb, because you're such a huge fan of Rooney I thought you'd like to know Rooney's got 6 starts in CL, 1 sub and then 3 goals and an assist ;), making him statistically better than Ibrahimovic in the champions league. But Rooney shouldn't be 96:rolleyes:.[/quote']

No Rooney should be 97;), he is unreal, but he needs to be more consistent

Oh sorry' date=' I actually wasn't reffering to you when I said you, I was talking to anyone who does think he deserves 97, sorry for the confusion :o I thought that by starting a new paragraph it would indicate that, I was wrong. But I agree with you, Zlatan is not as good now as Messi was last season.[/quote']

Haha, bit of a muck up lol, but i get what u were saying now, and yes, messi is better than zlatan, thats y he wont go up, but Messi should be a 98 with Ronaldo, and im a Utd fan:P

No way!!!!

His class is not 97 yet. Maybe if Inter was still in the champions league and Ibra has an impressive form then who knows. But for now he is not up to that level yet. FOR NOW. But in the future WHO KNOWS he may be the greatest striker in te world but he clearly has potiental, just a bit lazy though.