Gold Championship 56 Match Reports/Transfer News

Bowen

Guest TOM_HEMY

Re: Gold Championship 56 Match Reports/Transfer News

narrow win for sunderland

sunderland.jpg

With both teams under new managers for the season, both teams were confident about getting a result. Wigan who had Denisov and Dzagoev in on loan for the game from Manchester United were feeling confident but Sunderland who were described by the manager Tom Hemy as being;

the perfect team
were feeling the most confident by far with bringing in players such as Oriol, Zigic and Tono. This game was definatly going to be a good one.

Down to kick off and Wigan dominated from the start! With N'Zogbia, Zaki and Melchiot threatening Sunderlands goal but great saves from Tono prevent Wigan going ahead. Wigan continued to dominate and Sudnerland showing no sign of resilience. Then after 37 minutes Wigan got the goal they deserved, David Wheater with an amazing goal. Then in the last 5 minutes Sunderland started to attack but it went into half time 1-0 to the home side.

The second half kicked off with many people thinking Sunderland needed some magic to get them going, and they did just 10 minutes into the second half a piece of pure footballing genius from Teemu Tainio to finish nicely in the bottom corner. That goal obviously struck a spark in the Sunderland players because just 10 minutes later Kenwyne Jones followed up on the rebound to head it in the back of the net. Sunderland continued to dominate but in the last 10 minutes Wigan showed just what they can do wit numerous attacks but no convertions but with just 2 minutes of normal time left Erik Edman tried his luck from 25 yards and a spectacular goal flies into the back of the net. This match was surely heading for a draw but when everyone thought the game was over Sunderland were awarded a corner, the ball is whipped in by Teemu Tainio and Nikola Zigic rises above the defenders to score a brilliant debut goal.

article-1040685-02198A1700000578-465_468x417.jpg

Teemu Tainio getting man of the match being involved in all 3 of Sunderlands goals, definatly deserved.

72_front_small.gif37_1205746972.gif83_front_small.gif

Hull Appoint Ryan As New Manager.

Early This Afternoon Dutch Side FC Twente Sensationally Sacked Ryan From Their Board Leaving Them With No Manager Early Into The New Season. Just Hours Before, English Premiership Side Hull City Sacked Their Manager Phil Brown Over Results. Ryan Wasted No Time In Appling For This 'Dream Job'. At Approximatelty 12:43 Ryan Took Over At The KC Stadium. As Striker Daniel Cousin Did Not Like This Decsion, He Handed In A Transfer Request Wanting Out Of Hull. Middlesbourgh Were Already Interested In Cousin Before Ryan Was Appointed So They Made A Bid Which Was Accepted. The Deal See's Ross Turnbull And Emmanuel Pogatetz Joining Hull. A Deal Involving Hernanes Of Sau Paulo Is Close To Being Accepted After Negogations.

3861_1224844448.jpg

Leaving Hull.

1153_1209755861.jpg55_1226315910.jpg

Joining Hull.

27877_1223677225.jpg

In Negogations With Hull.

Spoils Shared At RC Lens

Last Night, RC Lens And Fc Metz Went Head To Head In Their First Game Of The Season. Both Managers Had High Expectations Going Into The Game. The Teams Were Both Boied With New Signings Which Had Been Made By The New Managers.

RC Lens Got Off To A Blistering Start Going Two Up Thanks To Goals From, New Signing, Mario Haas Scoring After A Ball Was Suberbly Controlled And Smashed Past The Keeper and Toifilou Maoulida Rifled A Right Foot Shot In Off The Woodwork! Fc Metz Had Their Chances Hitting Tha Woodwork Themselves, But Found Themselves 2 Down At Tha Break.

After Some Strong Words At Tha Break, Fc Metz Came Out With More a Purpose In Tha Second Half And Paid Dividance 3 Minutes After Tha Break With Cheikh Gueye Scoring With A Little Help From The Rc Lens Keeper. Then 7 Minutes From Time, Fc Metz Struck Again To Earn A Draw Thanks To Pascal Johansen With An Amazing Run And Strike Setting Tha Away Fans Crazy.

In The Interview After The Game. Jack Renshaw Had This To Say:

We Were Dreadful Today, Very Lucky To Get A Point, If We Are To Do Anything This Season, We Will Have To Play Much Better Than This In The Future. LC Lens Are A Good Team But I Feel We've Let Them Off Lightly With Our Performance Today. A Much Improved Performance Coming Up Next Week I Can Assure You.

Lens settle for Draw

Manager Tiga was left irrateted when he saw his team destroy a two goal league to take a draw against next door neighbour RenJackshaw.

A drew was a fair result in the end, i was angry to see our defence not hold out and a poor start from our keeper. They dominated possession but with no real penatration with only 5 shots on target. We created alot more and with our 3 strikers i was dissapointed to see so many chances missed. We went out looking to attack, our midfield was packed to try and hold firm. We will keep the same formation and maybe team for the next game, we will see over the next couple of days

Lens also announced today they are leaving the transfer market.

Everybody at the club is happy with the strength in depth. We will not be making anymore signing unless we a re injury hit or a real deal comes up

54_1197121760.gif

Norwich City Update

Norwich City kept up there 100% record with another away win, this time away to St.Mirren in a friendly.

It wasn't 'till the 64th minute that the deadlock was broken,

new signing Diamoutene from AS Roma,

scored his first goal for the club giving them a second away win.

St.Mirren were left devastated as they were so close to levelling up

late on with a spot kick saved by D.Marshall :D

421_1205815973.gif

Transfer Rumor

Caleb: Scott Mcdonald going nowhere

3756405260-soccer-clydesdale-bank-scottish-premier-league-celtic-v-rangers-celtic.jpg

Australian Scott Mcdonald is expected to spearhead the Celtic's frontline.

Celtic's new gaffer Caleb has earlier today stated that his side's first choice forward, Scott Mcdonald, will be going nowhere. The 25-year-old Australian has been generating interest amongst a few European teams but Caleb brushed aside talk of his best striker leaving Celtic Park.

"Of course he is going nowhere. We will be competition in the Champions Cup this season and without him, how will we break down the defences of Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid, our group opponents. I value him really highly and I will be handing him the No.9 shirt for the season. He is very much in my plans."

Meanwhile, in related news, Celtic have rejected an "insulting" bid for squad player Georgios Samaras. A Division 2 Spanish side were rumored to have bidded for the 25-year-old Greek target man.

421_1205815973.gif

Club News

Caleb reveals season targets for Celtic!

Celtic_94_569612.jpg

Celtic Park. Home of Scottish giants Celtic.

Scottish outfit Celtic have been set their season targets by new gaffer Caleb. Caleb, installed as the new manager of the Glasgow club just yesterday, revealed to the press his aim for the club this season.

"Well, to be frank, I would expect us to finish in the top two for the Scottish Premier League. Anything less than that would be a disaster."

"A decent cup run in both of the domestic cup is my expectations for the lads too. A semi-finals appearance would be good in my debut season in charge."

"Now comes the tricky part. For our maiden Champions Cup journey, we are grouped with German champions Bayern Munich, Spanish heavyweights Atletico Madrid and Portuguese champions FC Porto. We are definitely tipped to be the wooden spoonist. A spirited showing from my boys are all that I ask from them." Caleb said.

Sevilla Transfer news

168_1232827197.jpg

12992.gif

Arthur Boruc for Palop and 4.5millon

palop.jpg

Palop saying goodbye to Sevilla

istockphoto_6241395-stack-of-20-pound-notes.jpg

4.5millon would be like taking candy of of a Candy giver so easy for Sevilla to pay that

Seville are improving there team after that shock defeat against Spanish Giants Barcelona.Thomas Blow said he is very happy with the players he has brought and going to get over the three week period but would just like to say good luck to Palop for his excellent service for Seville.

54_1197121760.gif38_1193803499.gif

Norwich Give Ipswich Something To Trot Home With.

20,000 Norwich City fans witnessed what could be there biggest win of the season, and also Norwich continue there run of 2 clean sheets in a row and turn it into 3.

It all started off when 23 year old Lee Croft opened the score line in the 5th minute, then 17 minutes later, new signing Andres Oper scored his first goal of a potential 3 later to come, then another Estonian scored this evening, scoring 2 goals. Norwich City's 2 Estonians racked up 5 goals between them tonight. Norwich City now sit comfortably top of the Coca Cola Championship with 6 points and +8 Goal Difference.

Final Score - Norwich City 6-0 Ipswich Town.

1082_1209755861.jpg

Captain Antione Siberski Awarded With MOM Vs Ipswich

13556_1209755861.jpg

From an absoloute nobody, to a fans favorouite at Carrow Road.

Andres Oper earned himself his place in the Xl at Norwich, with his first hattrick at Norwich in just 3 games !

Norwich City look to keep there run of clean sheets with another home game, but this time to Northampton Town, Griffin is expected to put his youths and reserves on for this game, but we could see a few first team regulars. Griffin did tell us that youngster Ryan Bertrand WILL be playing against Northampton.

18383_1210358970.jpg

Youngster Bertrand Given Chance At Norwich As Dan Griffin Belives In Him.

205_1191159707.gif

Heerenveen appoint Vlad as new man

Dutch superclub SC Heerenveen appointed a much needed person at the club, Vlad was the manager of Japanese powerhouse Gamba Osaka and lead them to a AFC Champions League win.

''I am delighted to become the new manager of SC Heerenveen and now Heerenveen's 100th manager which is a huge honour'' announced Vlad at EuroTV.

Will Danijel Pranjic leave?

8366_fullimage_SC_10_PRANJIC_DANIJEL2.jpg

Fans are shellshocked as there is a possible leave for Croation hitman Danijel Pranjic, There has been a recent bid for La Liga flops Espanyol but Danijel has denied any move to the troubled club.Danijel has said that he will very much like to move to one of the big La Liga sides such as Barcelona,Valencia,Real Madrid,Atletico Madrid.

middlesbrough.png

Middlesbrough Vs Aston Villa

Middlesbrough Settle For Nothing Than A Win ... A 1-0 Win Was Great For Middlesbrough And The Goal Scorer Was A Hero (Daniel Cousin) Former Hull Striker Shown How Happy He Was To Be At Middlesbrough By Scoring A Great Goal Middlesbrough Just Waiting For Pablo Pinillos (89 RB) And Muntis (90 Wing/Fwd)

Metz Are Off And Running

Fc Metz got their first win of the season thanks to a superb strike, early in the second half by Pascal Johansen.

It was a very even game with a spare of the possession at 50% each. With Metz shading the goal attempts by 17 to RC Strasbourgs 13

The manager, Ren Jackshaw, was very happy with his sides performance in comparison with turn 1 of the season.

I am very pleased we have got our first game of the season, a draw would have been a fair result in my view, but to steal all 3 points is very pleasing. I hope this will be the first win of many in this optimistic season ahead.

340x.jpg

Pascal Johansen shielding the ball in a tight contest and earning the man of the match award

11_front_small.gif47_1190143104.gif259_front_small.gif

Manchester City Update

Manchester City manager Jake Alexiuk is happy with his team's current start to the new league season in the EPL. After winning 2-0 at Fratton Park and drawing 0-0 with Bolton at Eastlands currently sit 4th in the league table where their aim is at the end of the season. There has yet been no signings arriving at Eastlands but Manchester City manager Jake Alexiuk says he's still looking for hot prospects for the future at the football club. Manchester City tonight head to Mexico to play Toluca in the SMFA Sheild Round 1 so Alexiuk hope's he's side can have a good go in all competitions this season. An expected 7,000 Manchester City fans are expected to turn up in Mexico tonight to watch and see both side's play their both game in Europe.

3808_1214728740.jpg

Zimbabwean striker Mwaruwari Benjani is set to start tonight ahead of top striker Craig Bellamy, so lets hope Mwaruwari can prove he has a future at Manchester City.

Guest TOM_HEMY

HEMY DEMANDS MORE!!

sunderland_633643395695625000.jpg

After tonights cup victory against Burton Albion Sunderland manager Tom Hemy has demanded more from his players.

3693126760-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-quarter-final-holland-v-russia.jpg

Hemy has also praised defender Denis Kolodin for his consistant performances and leading the team despite not speaking a word of English he still manages to have excellent team work abilities.

HamburgerSV.gif

New Manager At Hamburger SV Looking For A 92+ Striker And Selling Everyone Disappointing At Quitting Middlesbrough Job But Took Over A Better Team And Better Depth In The Team Selling My Keeper For A 89 Young Keeper

:rolleyes:

Re: Gold Championship 56 Match Reporhttp://www.soccermanager.com/foruts/Transfer News

13_front_small.gif174_1198865982.gif11_front_small.gif

Villarreal Back In Business

Villarreal came into tonight’s home game at the El Madrigal stadium on the back of two disappointing results for them the first was an home defeat to a very good Deportivo side which shocked many Villarreal fans at the poor performance of there team during this game. Next was the 2-2 draw at home in the champions cup on the Friday against English giants Manchester United which many at Villarreal thought that they should of won as they had controlled the pace and play off the game throughout the match. Malaga was tonight’s visitors to take on the task of playing Villarreal and there was a surprise for all when Robert Pires was named in the starting lineup for the match. Before the game in his pre match interview Thomas Ince said "I am looking forward to tonight’s game I decided to recall Pires as we much needed his experience and his knowledge of how to play the right pass at the right time for our team tonight."

At 20:00pm the game kicked off and Villarreal were immediately on the attack with Ibagaza hitting the crossbar on just the 5th minute and it was that man who created the first goal just 4 minutes later on when after a nice pass to Rossi who’s wicked shot took a cruel deflection off Welington and looped over the keepers head into the top hand corner of the goal. There was joy around the stadium as it looked like Villarreal were back to there usual free flowing selves.

However that confidence was gone just two minutes later when Eliseu capitalized on a mistake by the experienced left back Capdevila to side foot the ball home into the net there was anger around the stadium directed at Capdevila as many off the crowd thought he should of knew better then attempt that ridiculous backpass.

However that anger was turned two joy on the 13th minute when the very impressive Ibagaza darted past two defenders and drove the ball into the roof of the net this got the crowd going again and the "Ibagaza Ibagaza Ibagaza" chants were roaring round the ground the first player to celebrate the goal was Capdevila who looked hugely relieved that his earlier mistake didn’t seem to be too costly at this moment of time."

The scored stayed 2-1 into the second half when Villarreal made a triple substitution with Fernandez Franco, Javi Venta coming on for Ibagaza Cygan and Pires this was to prove vital in the 3rd Villarreal goal which came only two minutes later as Franco’s headed was saved and put behind for a corner which Fernandez went across to take which was beautifully swung into the box right onto the head of Rossi who thundered the ball into the top of the net past the stranded keeper.

And the game was over on the 72nd minute when man of the match Nihat struck with fury from the edge of the area with a crisp shot which flew into the bottom corner of the goal leaving the keeper no chance this special goal was a great way to round of sound a good team performance. After the game Thomas Ince said "I am truly delighted with my teams performance today i was very pleased with the way they took there chance and the quickness of the passing if we can continue with this we are guaranteed to do well with our team this season.

Photo-0159.jpg

25,000 Packed Into The El Madrigal To Watch The Game

s5ii3a.png

2wqvak7.png

Werder Bremen

svwfrings_DW_Sport__489456g.jpg

Torsten Frings (above) to Captain Werder Bremen

Newly Appionted Werder Bremen boss Nick Justice whom in the Early hours of this morning left League 1 side Hartlepool United for Werder Brem, Justice said " It was hard to leave Hartlepool United but ther offer from Werder Bremen was just to hard to turn down, there a class European Side, whom i believe are copable of winning anything, i cannot wait for my first game in the German Cup tommorow night, as its cup i will field our 2nd Stream. I couldnt believe when i heard that Werder Bremen were after me, and when they came calling they were to hard to turn down, i wish Hartlepool United the best of luck. I would also like to state that Torsten Frings will become our Captian for the season, and hopfully he will lead us to sucsess this season and for many others after this."

5_1725_diego_ribas.jpg

Diego Ribas...Going to be a Bremen player for long?

Nick Justice said " I rate Diego Ribas very highly, it would take an amazing bid for him to part ways with us, hes a Brazilian International, and one if not the best player at Werder Bremen, but if a decent deal was to come forth then i was certinally consider the deal, but as it stands hes a Werder Bremen player, and will be for the forseable Future. He will be a vital key within our Team and our title hopes!...He will be our Vice-Captian till the day he leaves which might not be for years, also he is still only 24 so he has a bright future and i reckon he could one day become the best!"

2dvu0wg.png

A Great Strikeforce? or a Disaster?

]

Justice believes that Florent Sinama-Pogalle and Claudio Pizzaro will be a great strikforce and between them will score many goals, he said " I think this Strikeforce is of a high ability and will play a key role in our Season, theyre both capable of alot and i hope to see the best of them this season. I exspect some great football from them and my team this season and i hope to turn Werder's Fortunates around and get them to the Top 3 of the League, we are right up there with Bayern Munich and Hmaburger SV as 3 of the best teams in the Budensliga."

610x.jpg

Naldo and Mertesacker, is a dream deffence!

With our Defensive options i think its one of our Strongest points, with Aparecido Naldo(pictured), Per Mertesacker(pictured), Clemes Frtiz and Petri Pasenan are the back four aswell ast Tim Wiese in Goal, we should really conceede many but everyone can make mistakes, these 5 will be key also as they will be stopping the other teams, i believe our Deffensive options are the strongest, and one of the best in the German Budesliga, they'll hopfully play key roles within the whole season!

54_1197121760.gif

Norwich City Update.

Last night Norwich played Wolves at Carrow Road to try and bounce back from a 1-0 shock defeat in the vup to Northampton Town. Griffin said he would play his reserves and thats exactly what he did. As there 100% record had gone in all competitions, they tried to maintain there 100% record in the league against Wolves, thats exactly what they did.

Norwich came out 3-1 winners in this game and Alan Gow got himself his first 2 league goals. S.Diamoutene got himself his first league goal and helped Norwich to there win to top the table and keep there 100% league record safe. The 3-1 win means there goal difference grows again, advancing it to 10, the biggest in the league, the next highest goal difference is 3! Wolves were the first to score a league goal against Norwich this campaign. Norwich's next game is away to Nottingham Forest, Griffin wants a win

hehehehehehe.png

Championship Table After Turn 3. The Yellows Still Top.

haha.png

The Norwich Strikers, Griffin Explains Them As Untouchable & Amazing Together.

Hamburger SV

hamburger_sv_badge_a.gif

Transfers 7th April 2009

Totti

Cacu

Jo

Muntis

All Joining + Many More Should Be Arriving ...

Hamburg Want Their Hands On René ADLER He'd Be Their Main Man At Hamburg ... Just Waiting For Totti Cacu And Muntis All To Join

Next Game

Division 1

20:00 GT 8 Apr

[A] - Arminia Bielefeld

Guest 1CapWonder

Jerome Bags 4 On Debut!

CameronJerome_1066026.jpg [Jerome, pictured left in his Birmingham days.]

New QPR signing Cameron Jerome has hit 4 away from home against Blackpool, in a weakened side to cap off a tremendous week for the 24 year old. After being placed on the transfer list by unhappy Birmingham boss Reiss Sadler, he was then signed by Sutcliffe for 2.9m and also Liam Miller going in the opposite direction.

Jerome said quickly afterwards:

It was hard for me to get used to at Birmingham this year, the squad was completely turned on it's head and pretty much all the players brought in were foreigners. I wasn't enjoying it anymore. To come here to QPR was a welcome relief. I have a lot of British friends here and the squad is settled. I'm delighted to be a part of what could be a very successful season in a different kind of blue and white strip.

He also went on to thank Elliot Sutcliffe, and explain to him how his 4 goals were down to his management early in his days at QPR and how lucky he is to be at the club.

BD4BC815-CFE2-093A-359C88ACFA601574.jpg