Steve Gerrard What is his Position - Poll

utkarsh86

Steve Gerrard What is his Position - Poll  

1. 1.

• AM/Fwd
    • AM/CM
    • CM/AM

I like to believe he is no longer a central mid player for liverpool he has for the last year been playing as a support striker to Torres in a free role.. The sweepers are Alonso/Lucas/Mascherano and he plays ahead of them.. I think his postion should be changed to AM/CM... Id like to know what u guys think...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Steve Gerrard What is his Position - Poll

sorry stevie G plays cm for England i feel thats the place that hes best at:rolleyes:

Yea England matches happen 5 times in a year.. Its not what his best position is its what position he plays all the time and i feel its AM... Because Liverpool dont have a CM as such they play with 2 sweepers...

Well he's not a Fwd' date=' not even a secondary Fwd, so we can cancel out the first option. I think he starts most matches as a CM but runs into an AM position, so CM/AM.

Also, wrong section?[/quote']

Well AM/fwd is just an option.. I dont know about the section.. Im not asking for help so i dint put it there and he isnt a talent so not there too..So i put him here :)

I think its CM/AM' date=' he is a natural CM, although he is good at AM. But I think its CM, mostly. ;)[/quote']

Im not arguin he isnt a CM im saying is that he doesnt play as CM anymore he plays as a support AM to the forwards for England and Liverpool.. So his position should now be AM as primary and CM as secondary...Its what his position has been last year and a half not where he started out.. Hope u get what i mean...

Im not arguin he isnt a CM im saying is that he doesnt play as CM anymore he plays as a support AM to the forwards for England and Liverpool.. So his position should now be AM as primary and CM as secondary...Its what his position has been last year and a half not where he started out.. Hope u get what i mean...

I think he plays CM but we know how he likes to get forward regularly. So, again, CM/AM. The poll agrees.

Guest Football8

His position should be M.

I've said that countless times before, but the response I got was, SM opt with the positions which they play currently, not of all time. :o

Guest Football8

I do, but thats what SM also try to say, the position is the one that they play currently. But as a natural position he is a CM, or his suited/preferred/no 1 whatever, but due to no room for him in CM, with Alonso and Mascherano, he plays AM.

I am a liverpool fan and i belive stevie g can play anywere!!! He is best when he feeds the strikers which is centre mid but since torres has come he has played of him (AM) so he has been playin AM and they play great together.But when keane came he went up fornt and messed up the partnership so he was sold now liverpool dont have any good strikers so rafa plays gerrard AM and mascharan DM and alonso DM so he is an attackin mid now but he could go into centre mid if rafa wanted kuyt with torress upfront.So becuase he has played AM woth torres for the last 18 months i think he should be AM/CM because he can slip into mid aswell.What do you think??;)

He plays DM' date=' LM and RM for England.[/quote']

No he doesn't he plays CM for England. he like lampard play in CM but go forward alot so in that repect he's a Cm/AM

His primary position is a CM but he likes to get forward and play as an Am

sorry if i'm repating myself abit but he is defo a CM/AM because that's where he plays...

Ill have to disagree with you there becuase liverpool dont play 5 in mid gerrard almosts plays as a striker witch is AM With the other 2 behind so AM Sorry:D

I won't say what team i support because you might say i'm saying it because i'm biased etc but gerrards primary position is CM, he doesn't play off the striker inh same way Arshavin did for Russia, that's F/AM or AM/F. Liverpool play with 2 Dm's if i'm correct in Mascerano and Alonso/Lucas occasionly and one Cm ahead of them in gerrard. he has Riera and Kuyt either side so he is a CM.

I mean Lampard plays quite far up the pitch but he defo isn't an AM/CM and him and gerrard are quite similiar in the regions they play in.

yes i knowe what your saying but lampard doesnt play like gerrard gerrard even makes runs past torrres when he wins the flicks and the sm database should be goin off were he played for 18 month not 18 months ago i aggree he is a centre mid but he is playin am then he plays in centre mid wen kuyt is upfront still makein runs

No he doesn't he plays CM for England. he like lampard play in CM but go forward alot so in that repect he's a Cm/AM

His primary position is a CM but he likes to get forward and play as an Am

sorry if i'm repating myself abit but he is defo a CM/AM because that's where he plays...

Trust me, I've watched where he plays with interest, and no matter what it says on the team-sheet, for England he seems to play mostly on the wings. At least, this is before Setanta started taking games, so up to 08. Fair enough he hasn't played DM since the Eriksson era, but he can play there.