Iker Casillas up to 97??

josueperez26

Iker Casillas up to 97??  

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Guest Football8

Re: Iker Casillas up to 97??

With Real Madrid's form this season, I think he will keep 96. If they were 1st in La Liga, in the Quarter of the Champions League, I would go for 97, or even if they were doing exactly as last season. But this season they aren't as good. So I'm going for 96. Individually I'd say Casillas is a 97, but its about the team, not just one player. :)

Buffon is a great keeper' date=' but Casillas has proved himself as the best in the world, buffon as 2nd and Cech 3rd[/quote']

Without Casilas Liverpool would have put 6 past Madrid! :D

But I think he'll stay at a 96.

Cech IMO opinion can longer be put in the same bracket as Buffon and Casilas, he's not been the same since his head injury. I no longer think he's be the best im the Prem, I think Reina and VDS and maybe even Given are better.

Cech IMO opinion can longer be put in the same bracket as Buffon and Casilas' date=' he's not been the same since his head injury. I no longer think he's be the best im the Prem, I think Reina and VDS and maybe even Given are better.[/quote']

I agree. Basically:

World class - Buffon, Casilas (no particular order).

Next best thing - Cech, Reina, Julio Cesar, Van der Sar (no particular order).

EDIT: Six posts in less than four minutes :)

I agree. Basically:

World class - Buffon' date=' Casilas (no particular order).

Next best thing - Cech, Reina, Julio Cesar, Van der Sar (no particular order).

EDIT: Six posts in less than four minutes :)[/quote']

I think Reina could over the next few years be viewed as world class. He's a bit unlucky in that he established himself a few years after Casillias, he came around at exactly the wrong time.

If Casillas wasn't captain I would have said there was a chance Reina could become the Spanish No1 in the next few years but there is no point in the Spanish manager disrupting things.

Guest melbguy1

I think Reina could over the next few years be viewed as world class. He's a bit unlucky in that he established himself a few years after Casillias' date=' he came around at exactly the wrong time.

If Casillas wasn't captain I would have said there was a chance Reina could become the Spanish No1 in the next few years but there is no point in the Spanish manager disrupting things.[/quote']

that's a bit far fetched dont you think?

Casillas being captain has nothing to do with Reina not being the #1 keeper for spain in the next few years.

Casillas is a world class keeper imo, even though he is Del Pieros bunny:p but without getting into a debate, I cant really see what he has done for people to beleive that he is better than Buffon and such warrenting a +1 rating over him. But SM will take into account the EURO cup win and maybe give him a +1, even though Buffon didn't get one for winning the World Cup in a best WC tournament by any keeper ever performance.

Buffon has been injured this season and SM tend to have a itchy -1 finger for players abroad that get injured.. aka. Trez, Camo. So essentially if Buffon gets a -1 can anyone here really justify Cassilas being a whole +2 above him?

barring Melb anyone else can reply to my post :P

1. Casillas 97/97/96

2. Buffon 96/96/96

3. Cesar 95/95/94

4. Cech 94/94/94

5. Reina 94/93/93

I think this is the proper order in world goalkeeping. The three numbers are just my way of dividing how much each player deserves a rating. I don't I thought it appropriate.

P.S. - Melb I'm Serious :D

barring Melb anyone else can reply to my post :P

1. Casillas 97/97/96

2. Buffon 96/96/96

3. Cesar 95/95/94

4. Cech 94/94/94

5. Reina 94/93/93

I think this is the proper order in world goalkeeping. The three numbers are just my way of dividing how much each player deserves a rating. I don't I thought it appropriate.

P.S. - Melb I'm Serious :D

I'd go for 50-50 with you. Casillas wont rise unless Madrid either reach the Quarter Finals of the Champions League or being at the top of Liga Adelante. For Cech I dont see him rising yet' date=' but if he continues his solid defending he deserves a rise to 95 or 96.

For Buffon I agree, and there is no chance of him rising yet. Since he's getting older and older, I dont think he deserves a rise. But we'll see how he does with Juve.

I disagree with you 'bout Reina, he has been in good form for Liverpool in recent matches including the 4-1 win over United and the 5-0 aggregate win over Madrid in the Champions League and Premiership respectively. If he continues a rise to 94 would be deserved.

Thanks in Advance

aZkin'[/font']

Buffon is a great keeper' date=' but Casillas has proved himself as the best in the world, buffon as 2nd and Cech 3rd[/quote']

Really? How'd you get to that conclusion? Because he got luckier in a penalty shoot-out in the Euros?

From watching both keepers play this season, prior the Buffon's injury, I'd rather have Buffon in my team.

For Buffon I agree' date=' and there is no chance of him rising yet. Since he's getting older and older, I dont think he deserves a rise. But we'll see how he does with Juve.

[/font']

He's 31. Keepers generally peak around 33. Look at VDS - 38 and still doing amazing! Buffon's age has nothing to do with it, and watching him play, he's not getting worse.

If Casillas rises, Buffon should rise as well, injury or not. I don't see how Casillas should be a rating above him. I'm fine with them both being the same, but Casillas is NOT a whole rating clear of Buffon.

isnt julio cesar better than cech?? will julio rise to 95?? inter has been doin well in serie a and julio has been doin awesome!! so wat do u think??

Julio cesar is doing great has helped inter soo much, so do cech he has saved chelsea from many crapy games just like JC with inter

Really? How'd you get to that conclusion? Because he got luckier in a penalty shoot-out in the Euros?

From watching both keepers play this season' date=' prior the Buffon's injury, I'd rather have Buffon in my team.[/quote']

Samer here.

For all round soundness in keeping, Buffon would be my choice.