No rise for Hugo Lloris?

Re: No rise for Hugo Lloris?

I had sent a ticket off and was pleasently surprised that SM had for once the courtesy to offer me an explanation on why he hadn't rose.

I can't remember the reply in full but it was basically:

Hi Dan, After looking at everything you have explained why have decided not to give lloris a rise. Our researchers (Some of them french) have decided that he is not yet worthy of a rise to 91, this must just be a case of you rating him slightly higher than our researchers.

SM

I must admit just recieving a response alone has made the whole experience a little less bad tasting... ;)

I had sent a ticket off and was pleasently surprised that SM had for once the courtesy to offer me an explanation on why he hadn't rose.

I can't remember the reply in full but it was basically:

Hi Dan' date=' After looking at everything you have explained why have decided not to give lloris a rise. Our researchers (Some of them french) have decided that he is not yet worthy of a rise to 91, this must just be a case of you rating him slightly higher than our researchers.

SM

I must admit just recieving a response alone has made the whole experience a little less bad tasting... ;)[/quote']

I thought Cavenaghi was expected to rise as well?

Edit: Does anyone know if Fernando (the Bordeux CM) decreased because of injury or if he just hasn't played?

*Rose :P

This came to me as a shock as well' date=' especially since Mandanda rose. :eek:[/quote']

Wrong.

Haha' date=' risen has always sounded right to me. :o[/quote']

It is right because you used 'hasn't' in front of it.

The sun rose.

The sun has risen.

Guest Football8

Wrong.

It is right because you used 'hasn't' in front of it.

The sun rose.

The sun has risen.

Risen is like the present tense, but rose is like the past tense. :P

Sigh... :rolleyes: Have no fear, the Grammar King is here! :)

"Risen" is the past and future participle form of "rise", used after one or more auxiliary verbs, but not without "have" or any conjugated form of the "have" auxiliary verb. For example, you may say the following: I have risen; I will have risen; I had risen; I have been risen; I could have risen; etc. However, the following are incorrect, as there is no "have" or any conjugation of "have" preceding "risen" in each phrase: I risen; I been risen; I will risen; I should risen; etc.

"Rose" is the past form of "rise", used without any auxiliary verb preceding it. For example, you the following are grammatically correct: I rose; he rose; we rose; etc. These, however, are not: I am rose; you are rose; I have rose; he has rose; etc.

Therefore, as Seft used a conjugation of "have" (hasn't) before "risen", he is correct. :)

I think Lloris, like much of the Lyon side, suffered largely due to the timing of some poor Lyon form coinciding with the French rating review.

The fact that they hadn't won a game in their last 6 matches in all comps, which saw them lose their lead in Ligue 1, and were crushed recently by Barcelona in Europe will have been a big factor in SM's treatment of Lyon in general.

Looking at the UEFA team coefficients also doesn't paint a nice picture for Lyon:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/tcoef2009.html

I would apologise for any grammatical or spelling errors in the above, but I will not.

As I don't care.