• 2pac
    • Notorious B.I.G
    • Nas
    • Jay-Z
    • Rakim
    • Eminem
    • 50 Cent
    • Snoop Dogg
    • Lil Wayne (If any one votes this please leave)
    • Other Please Specify

After seeing a thread about best rapper ever i was a little annoyed at the people being mentioned so iam here to sort it out.

This is a thread for you to vote on your favourite rap/hip-hop/mc i realise there is alot of people missing but only 10 spaces and TBH cant see that many people voting for big daddy kane slick rick krs-one etc so left them out but i did leave a others box so specify.

Re: Best Hip-Hop Artist of all Time

I Voted For Eminem Because He Is Simply Great. His Bars Flow Smoothly And Make Complete Sense And Gives You A Sense Of How Hard His Life Is. I Have Many Of His Raps On My Phone.:D

2pac got my vote there is nobody out there like him he had so much energy he was unbelivable as you said you cant describe him. eminem is also a genius when it comes to writing lines and making good music and nobody else in the world has brought more fans to hip-hop.

Predictably I voted for Rakim :P

Rakim is the greatest MC ever for me (definitely the most influential). I was going to vote for 2pac but I knew no-one else would vote for Rakim ;)

I think 2pac is more deserving of best 'Hip-Hop Artist' though :)

Rakim is the greatest MC ever for me (definitely the most influential). I was going to vote for 2pac but I knew no-one else would vote for Rakim ;)

I have quite alot of Rakim's songs, alot of the early underground stuff too. The man is a legend! No two ways about it. How old are you then Bob? Or am I asking too personal of a question? lol.

@ Socratys, Method is awesome, a clever, clever rapper but not in Tupac's league IMO.

I have quite alot of Rakim's songs' date=' alot of the early underground stuff too. The man is a legend! No two ways about it. How old are you then Bob? Or am I asking too personal of a question? lol.

@ Socratys, Method is awesome, a clever, clever rapper but not in Tupac's league IMO.[/quote']

How dare you!!! :mad::mad::P

Nah, I'm trying to keep a mystique on this forum (ironically like Rakim :P) so i can enact my devilsh plan! Mwahaha :D Let's just say I'm old enought o remember this stuff ;)

As for his underground stuff, I've heard a fair bit myself and even when the songs aren't up to scratch, he just shines. It's a shame he never became a household name because his stuff with Eric B. wasn't particularly obtuse :confused::(

eric b and rakim and ll cool j rampage best hip hop song ever why dont u youtube it and see

@ Socratys' date=' Method is awesome, a clever, clever rapper but not in Tupac's league IMO.[/quote']

You're right, he is very clever. His choice of words and rhyme are very intellectual.

Tupac is great, but for me what makes his records great are the artists that feature on them. He has seldom few hits that are just him alone.

'All eyes on me' is possibly his best album and all the great songs on there feature other rappers.

Another great rapper not mentioned here is Q-Tip from tribe called quest. Another intelligent rapper, that doesnt have to go on about guns, s etc. to get his point across..

You're right' date=' he is very clever. His choice of words and rhyme are very intellectual.

Tupac is great, but for me what makes his records great are the artists that feature on them. He has seldom few hits that are just him alone.

'All eyes on me' is possibly his best album and all the great songs on there feature other rappers.

Another great rapper not mentioned here is Q-Tip from tribe called quest. Another intelligent rapper, that doesnt have to go on about guns, s etc. to get his point across..[/quote']

I have a few early albums of his, nothing to rave about apart from as you say, not using the Gangsta Rap image to sell himself..

I like your taste, and reasoning for it. ;)

eric b and rakim and ll cool j rampage best hip hop song ever why dont u youtube it and see

I've got it already but thanks anyway :)

I think LL Cool J doesn't get the credit he deserves because his work is so commercial. It's not commercial in a bad way, in fact its pleasant and I think there is a lot of unfair snobbery with him.

I have a few early albums of his' date=' nothing to rave about apart from as you say, not using the Gangsta Rap image to sell himself..

I like your taste, and reasoning for it. ;)[/quote']

Yeah, I prefer that sort of Hip-Hop. Its kind of comical to see that 50 cent has no votes here!! I wonder why??..

Also I agree with Bobloblaw, LL Cool J is quite underrated. Hes got a nice laid back style to his music, kind of like warren G used to be, very listenable.

no ll cool j or dr dre on here? hell why no will smith :D if lil' wayne's on the list ll has to be on it, but hey, not as if you've put ja rule on the list :D

but the GOAT has to be biggie for me - life after death is one of the best albums ever, and ready to die was also a good 'un, closely followed by dre (for his nwa, death row records albums and work with snoop dogg in the mid 90s and 2001 and also his love of john barnes :D) and nas, with an honourary mention (even though they arent strictly artists) to de la soul, fugees and the wu tang clan

You're right' date=' he is very clever. His choice of words and rhyme are very intellectual.

Another great rapper not mentioned here is Q-Tip from tribe called quest. Another intelligent rapper, that doesnt have to go on about guns, s etc. to get his point across..[/quote']

I've been going on about Q-Tip on the other thread, he's a personal favourite of mine. Did you hear 'The Renaissance' last year? If you didn't give it a listen, it's excellent (though you do miss the interplay with Phife :o) An interesting Quest song was 'Sucka ' were he speaks about the use of '' in hip-hop.

I've been going on about Q-Tip on the other thread' date=' he's a personal favourite of mine. Did you hear 'The Renaissance' last year? If you didn't give it a listen, it's excellent (though you do miss the interplay with Phife :o) An interesting Quest song was Sucka ' were he speaks about the use of '' in hip-hop.[/quote']

Yeah you gotta love the Q-Tip. I think Beats, Ryhmes and Life is one of my favourite hip hop albums of all time.

I also appreciate the fact he dismisses all that negative rap as you mentioned. Sucka is on Tribes best of. Great song...

These discussions have got me hunting through literally thousands of my old CD's to upload all the odd bits and bobs I have onto my computer.

Listening to some good stuff atm. Inspired by some of the greats mentioned. ;)

These discussions have got me hunting through literally thousands of my old CD's to upload all the odd bits and bobs I have onto my computer.

Listening to some good stuff atm. Inspired by some of the greats mentioned. ;)

LOL, yeah me too..

I think a new thread is needed 'Tunes that got you into Hip-Hop'...

LOL' date=' yeah me too..

I think a new thread is needed 'Tunes that got you into Hip-Hop'...[/quote']

the tune that got me into hip-hop was Way Iam i think was only 10/11 when it came out though and from there started getting into alot more hiphop although i have to admit i have stopped listening to it as much nowadays.

Some of you should check out Immortal Technique.

↑ A must see.

dance with the devil is a classic i havent heard much of immortal techinique though only have a few of there songs.