Agbonlahor or Ben Arfa?

Sam M23

I've just started managing A.Madrid and I need someone to play as a backup Winger/Striker.

These are the two i'm most interested in but who do you think I should go for?

Both at unmanaged clubs with chairman value 11.35m.

Who do you thinks better and do you think either will go up in the next rating change, if so how much?

Also, if anyone knows when the next rating changes would be that'd be helpful.

Oh and if you really don't rate either but want to suggest someone else that's fine. Aslong as they can play Wing and Striker and are 87 - 89.

Thanks, Sam.

Re: Agbonlahor or Ben Arfa?

Both Agbonlahor And Ben Arfa Has Explosive Starts To The Season However Injury To Agbonlahor Has Knocked His Confidence And Has Seen Him Unable To Score For A While And Ben Arfa Also Has Failed To Set The Same Standards He Did In The First Part Of The Season I Predict That Both These Players Keep Their Ratings As They Havent Really Lived Up To Their Standards Set In Their First Half Of The Season. Just My Opinion.

Hope I Helped.:)

Agbonlahor has done better in a much stronger league. Both of the players' forms have tapered off, but Gabby plays for a better team in a better league. Villa is on the up, while Marseille will eventually sell off their best players, so they will never reach the heights of an EPL team.

Interesting point, but with talk of Ben Arfa moving in the summer, it could be good to get him now before he goes to a bigger club, gets a rating increase and shoots up in value?

What I really need to know is how good he actually is...

I know how good Aggy is, seen him play many times and I rate him highly (well I did more so at the start of the season) however if I did buy him and he continues to play as he has done recently whilst Ben Arfa joins Arsenal or someone and plays amazing i'd be a bit annoyed.

Anyone watch the French league enough to give a bit more information about Ben Arfa?

Burs.. what's actually going on in that video? :confused:

there's a version on youtube that is subtitled - i think its lots of 'your mother's a whore' type comments - diaby said it first in jest i think and ben arfa lost it trying to after diaby, although i still dont get why ben arfa is trying to get into a fight with a guy who's twice the size of him!

Ben Arfa all the way' date=' I think Agbonlahor has a long way to go, he has horrible finishing, and the only thing that saves him is that he is probably the fastest player on the planet.[/quote']

from the talent perspective its obviously ben arfa, but when you factor in attitude then the decision gets a bit tougher ;)

from the talent perspective its obviously ben arfa' date=' but when you factor in attitude then the decision gets a bit tougher ;)[/quote']

Yes but look at Ronaldo with the talent he has, his attitude still makes him a irresistable choice. Ben Arfa is young, and once he moves to a stronger team, which he will, he'll start to change. Personally he is probably one of the most talented young wingers out there. I don't really rate Gaby except when playing FIFA09 :P

Yes but look at Ronaldo with the talent he has' date=' his attitude still makes him a irresistable choice. Ben Arfa is young, and once he moves to a stronger team, which he will, he'll start to change. Personally he is probably one of the most talented young wingers out there. I don't really rate Gaby except when playing FIFA09 :P[/quote']

ronaldo's attitude has been nowhere near as bad as ben arfa's though - when has ronaldo fallen out with a teammate like ben arfa did with benzema? ronaldo's work ethic is widely reported to be excellent, which is why he is the player who he is - the bad part of ronaldo's attitude is his arrogance (which he can to an extent get away with whereas ben arfa cannot) and the constant flirting with madrid. IMO ben arfa under the right manager (see jose mourinho, sir alex ferguson - basically a strong coach who ben arfa would respect and wouldn't take any **** from him) could develop his talent and the bad stuff will disappear, but for me i'm staying clear of ben arfa as i think he could either be another patrice loko and disappear within a few years or he could be one of the top wingers around whereas I feel agbonlahor's the bigger certainty to be a very good player at least a few years from now