Manchester United Chucking The Title Away?

Synyster

Re: Manchester United Chucking The Title Away?

I hate to say it but "that" moment by macheda is THE decisive point in the title race. Yesterday man utd were unorganised, outplayed for large periods, looked short of any ideas and were quite frankly all over the place for long spells yet they still won. They did not deserve to win but they did and the nature of the win, the late goal, winning a game they really should have lost will do wonders for there confidence. I honestly cannot see Utd losing it from here as much as im hoping they do. Even a draw would have been a great result for us Scousers but we need Utd to slip up 2x in the remaining 8games and looking at there fixtures and the imminent return of players such as rooney,vidic,Anderson,ferdinand i cannot see it happening.

Even the cup competitions have played into Utd's hands I cannot see them needing to exert to much energy to get past a very average Porto side and they got tye draw they wanted in the FA Cup meaning they will have more energy and more focus on the league games. You just have to think that goal is the pivotal point of the season. Fair play to the young lad it was a great strie but really I hate him right now LOL :P

I hate to say it but "that" moment by macheda is THE decisive point in the title race. Yesterday man utd were unorganised' date=' outplayed for large periods, looked short of any ideas and were quite frankly all over the place for long spells yet they still won. They did not deserve to win but they did and the nature of the win, the late goal, winning a game they really should have lost will do wonders for there confidence. I honestly cannot see Utd losing it from here as much as im hoping they do. Even a draw would have been a great result for us Scousers but we need Utd to slip up 2x in the remaining 8games and looking at there fixtures and the imminent return of players such as rooney,vidic,Anderson,ferdinand i cannot see it happening.

Even the cup competitions have played into Utd's hands I cannot see them needing to exert to much energy to get past a very average Porto side and they got tye draw they wanted in the FA Cup meaning they will have more energy and more focus on the league games. You just have to think that goal is the pivotal point of the season. Fair play to the young lad it was a great strie but really I hate him right now LOL :P[/quote']

Woh woh woh when Liverpool played Saturday we all new its a temporay time at the top we all new as Liverpool fans we wouldn't be their for long didnt we? So why cos they won we've lost the title? 8 Games and 7 Games left in the league we both play Arsenal and i'm sure an unbeaten Arsenal will be relishing a chance to play at a United side who just luckily went past a Very Off Form Aston Villa, i believe that Arsenal can beat United and then Liverpool can beat Arsenal, Even with United playing so many teams in the Bottom half with not many teams safe yet the added insentive to get safe and United again could struggle, anything can happen 4 weeks ago liverpool were a maximum of 10 Points off and i'm just glad were still in the title chase, in february it looked like United would retain again and seeing an Old Match Of The Day were Alan Hansen said nobody would catch United with Liverpool off form and they will cruise it and its not like that anymore is it? Nobody can be sure who will win, Chelsea could do something special, as its proved the Top 4 same to play better against each other and struggle when they play bottom half teams especially Liverpool. Liverpool are a maximum of 4 Points behind and even United cant take it for Granted they were beaten by Fulham and we were beaten by Tottenham so anybody could slip up in any week. :confused::eek:;)

the way how he came across during the game' date=' his mannerisms - hence the comment and i'm not the only one who thinks so. if you are unsure what i mean watch the last 30 mins of the game again :rolleyes:[/quote']

there is a significant difference between arrogance and confidence, have you got yourself a little muddled up? :rolleyes:

the way how he came across during the game' date=' his mannerisms - hence the comment and i'm not the only one who thinks so. if you are unsure what i mean watch the last 30 mins of the game again :rolleyes:[/quote']

Well mate, you can call him whatever you want but he's still a brilliant player, and scored one of the best goals this season, and might just have saved the season for Untied. You just can't take that away from him. Lets see N'gog or El Zhar do that. ;):)

Well mate' date=' you can call him whatever you want but he's still a brilliant player, and scored one of the best goals this season, and might just have saved the season for Untied. You just can't take that away from him. Lets see N'gog or El Zhar do that. ;):)[/quote']

I don't remember reading Burs say he was a bad player :)

Well mate' date=' you can call him whatever you want but he's still a brilliant player[/quote']

how is he a brilliant player - he's played a grand total of 30 minutes!!!! talk about getting ahead of yourself

Lets see N'gog or El Zhar do that. ;):)

el zhar's already scored a goal which was as good as macheda's in the CC and n'gog has actually scored more goals than macheda and scored a **** fine goal in the CL against psv and has scored more in his career for liverpool than federico :P

Well mate' date=' you can call him whatever you want but he's still a brilliant player, and scored one of the best goals this season, and might just have saved the season for Untied. You just can't take that away from him. Lets see N'gog or El Zhar do that. ;):)[/quote']

Another thing :P , good to see you remembered this match was on you seenm very lucky to always forget to watch the ones you lose (LFC x 2) (1 of which prob the biggest game of the season :o) but always remember to watch the ones where you are going to win :D

how is he a brilliant player - he's played a grand total of 30 minutes!!!! talk about getting ahead of yourself

el zhar's already scored a goal which was as good as macheda's in the CC and n'gog has actually scored more goals than macheda and scored a **** fine goal in the CL against psv and has scored more in his career for liverpool than federico :P

i m sorry but i have to disagree with some of the points here, partly to defend a fellow compatriot from unreasonable views, but mostly because i strongly disagree with the points here

macheda is 17.

ngog is 20

el zhar is 22

both have seen far more football than macheda. so it is very unfair to try to compare them with each other.

however macheda's enormous potential is there for all to see. whether his goal is a one-off, we wont know until the future. but watching the game, he is clearly a very very confident player, and to produce that kind of goal at their kind of level with that kind of pressure, shows he has tremendous talent.

plus if his looks are anything to go by, italy can expect a new totti/vieri hybrid superplayer in the near future:)

i m sorry but i have to disagree with some of the points here' date=' partly to defend a fellow compatriot from unreasonable views, but mostly because i strongly disagree with the points here

macheda is 17.

ngog is 20

el zhar is 22

both have seen far more football than macheda. so it is very unfair to try to compare them with each other.

however macheda's enormous potential is there for all to see. whether his goal is a one-off, we wont know until the future. but watching the game, he is clearly a very very confident player, and to produce that kind of goal at their kind of level with that kind of pressure, shows he has tremendous talent.

plus if his looks are anything to go by, italy can expect a new totti/vieri hybrid superplayer in the near future:)[/quote']

To be fair mate it was not Burs who compared the 3 he was only defending them against a post saying they can't do what Macheda did, but like Burs proved they already have (regardless of there age)

But yeah I fully agree none of us really know until we see him in the future, many, many players have been hyped up after a wonder goal in the past and failed, however some have gone on to great things.... lets wait and see.

er' date=' i wasnt the one who made the comparision originally...

however macheda's enormous potential is there for all to see. whether his goal is a one-off, we wont know until the future.

exactly - lets not go overboard just because of what he did in one game

ps is that your actual address you've put in your profile???

er' date=' i wasnt the one who made the comparision originally...

exactly - lets not go overboard just because of what he did in one game[/quote']

on a negative note, i would like to point out that macheda is infact stolen goods

everything in football evens up eventually

the fact english government wouldnt grant work permit to non-eu players with insufficient caps, means the italians and the spaniards get first choice on all good south american talents

but it seems that the under 16 italian law that says under 16s cant sign professional contracts evens things up, because now the english are robbing all good italian talents.....

but it seems that the under 16 italian law that says under 16s cant sign professional contracts evens things up' date=' because now the english are robbing all good italian talents.....[/quote']

Are they not even looking into changing this? because you could end up losing out on loads obviously, or you reckon its better left as is

Are they not even looking into changing this? because you could end up losing out on loads obviously' date=' or you reckon its better left as is[/quote']

i ve reviewed what i ve said....

maybe i should have changed it to MANUTD are stealing all the good italian talents....rossi, petrucci, macheda........lol

personally i dont mind too much as long as those guys move back to the serie a eventually

but the problem comes when you have a youngster who is just happy to sit on the united bench and pickup his paycheck every week. that would be a problem.

fortunately there are not many of those around...

personally i dont mind too much as long as those guys move back to the serie a eventually

but the problem comes when you have a youngster who is just happy to sit on the united bench and pickup his paycheck every week. that would be a problem.

fortunately there are not many of those around...

Touched on a good debatable point here mate,we say over here our top teams have great scouting networks but most are getting the school kids that are shining through in the oversee countries ,young players already in the countries under17/18 etc .

So are we nabbing these because ,

1. Money ( greed which besides agents includes parents etc .)

2. Academies not that great as some here (or player even overlooked for place in own country so comming here ,i suppose even academies will have set limits could be wrong ):)

Touched on a good debatable point here mate' date='we say over here our top teams have great scouting networks but most are getting the school kids that are shining through in the oversee countries ,young players already in the countries under17/18 etc .

So are we nabbing these because ,

1. Money ( greed which besides agents includes parents etc .)

2. Academies not that great as some here (or player even overlooked for place in own country so comming here ,i suppose even academies will have set limits could be wrong ):)[/quote']

yes agreed.

although if you think about this a bit more deeply as an english fan, i think you might find things you wont like. It's all good for those united fans who benefit from watching what is in fact stolen italian goods. But at the end of the day, all manutd, arsenal and all those other talent-thieves do is help the italians bring up their young talents in the most competitive league on the planet, and that iam certain these young italians will eventually return to serie A(because of the huge cultural differences between here and italy). But ultimately you wonder who is going to develop the young english players...

the pattern right now is that young english players at many clubs end up as 3rd choice behind 1) established and more talented foreigners 2) unestablished but still more talented foreign kids

in many ways, if the english stopped stealing young foreign talents, the future of your own national team would look a lot rosier. And it's always amusing to hear english pundits say things like "the influx of foreign talents is stiffling the development of young english players".........well...you are hardly doing the italians and spaniards a favour...stealing all our best players! lol

I wonder do man U fans have any clue...

Whatever Liverpool can do... Man U can do better? regarding the last minute goals...

Do you forget that the team you struggled to break and got lucky with was the team that was coming off of a 5-0 hammering to Liverpool?

By rights Man U should have put 6 past them if they were doing Liverpool but better.

and Liverpools late goal was against the team who had just came off a morale boosting 2-0 win over Man U.

So how is scraping 3-2 past a team who just been humilliated by Liverpool better than beating the team who just beat Man U?

Do you forget that the team you struggled to break and got lucky with was the team that was coming off of a 5-0 hammering to Liverpool

TBH it was a good game. id rather watch a close game like that than a 5-0 drubbing tbh. and no game is easy. just because you thumped em 5-0 (on a bad day) doesnt meen Utd should beat em 6-0. there isnt a script in football and anyteam can beat the other on the day

By rights Man U should have put 6 past them if they were doing Liverpool but better.

same as above. plus are the forgeting the international break? things tend to be different and form doesnt really matter after that.

and Liverpools late goal was against the team who had just came off a morale boosting 2-0 win over Man U.

So how is scraping 3-2 past a team who just been humilliated by Liverpool better than beating the team who just beat Man U?

Because Villa have had a amazing season? Fulham have had a good one too but everyone know's its much harder to get a result from villa.

TBH it was a good game. id rather watch a close game like that than a 5-0 drubbing tbh. and no game is easy. just because you thumped em 5-0 (on a bad day) doesnt meen Utd should beat em 6-0. there isnt a script in football and anyteam can beat the other on the day

same as above. plus are the forgeting the international break? things tend to be different and form doesnt really matter after that.

Because Villa have had a amazing season? Fulham have had a good one too but everyone know's its much harder to get a result from villa.

Thats up to you but if Liverpool did that 3 - 2 thing and you did the 5 - 0 thing you;d watch the 5 - 0 match its obvious.

Agree United shouldnt by right be beating Aston Villa 6 - 0 but Liverpool have had incredible form after beating real madrid but with Aston Villa's morale at an all-time low United should have won more convincigly if you are champions, its not much Harder to get a result from Villa i would pick to play Villa than Fulham, Liverpool like to attack and Fulham are VERY defensive, Aston Villa leave wide spaces open so they concede a lot, even if Villa have had an amazing season that dosent mean their harder to play, 1 Word Hull, theyve had an amazing season but teams are brushing Hull a side now. Fulham were in the Relegation zone at this time last season and to say there on the verge of Europe now is a much better season than Aston Villa.

Thats up to you but if Liverpool did that 3 - 2 thing and you did the 5 - 0 thing you;d watch the 5 - 0 match its obvious.

You dont know me personally. id chose the 3-2 match because its more of a game. more exciting. better competiton.

Agree United shouldnt by right be beating Aston Villa 6 - 0 but Liverpool have had incredible form after beating real madrid but with Aston Villa's morale at an all-time low United should have won more convincigly if you are champions' date='[/quote']

And utd morale was sky high? we'd just got thumped by pool and beat 2-0 by Fulham. so morale isnt a issue as utds was rubbish too..

even if Villa have had an amazing season that dosent mean their harder to play' date=' 1 Word Hull,[/quote']

Like i said. any team can beat any team on thier day. but Villa are stronger than Fulham and you know they are.

Plus utd was always going to struggle at the back. No Vidic or Rio. was both of villas goals headers or just agbonlahors? either way if we had either of them there on satday. our defence would of been alot stronger.

yes agreed.

although if you think about this a bit more deeply as an english fan' date=' i think you might find things you wont like. It's all good for those united fans who benefit from watching what is in fact stolen italian goods. But at the end of the day, all manutd, arsenal and all those other talent-thieves do is help the italians bring up their young talents in the most competitive league on the planet, and that iam certain these young italians will eventually return to serie A(because of the huge cultural differences between here and italy). But ultimately you wonder who is going to develop the young english players...

the pattern right now is that young english players at many clubs end up as 3rd choice behind 1) established and more talented foreigners 2) unestablished but still more talented foreign kids

in many ways, if the english stopped stealing young foreign talents, the future of your own national team would look a lot rosier. And it's always amusing to hear english pundits say things like "the influx of foreign talents is stiffling the development of young english players".........well...you are hardly doing the italians and spaniards a favour...stealing all our best players! lol[/quote']

Just about finished reading Carras Autobiography and what he has to say about the LFC Academy is an eye opener .

Says his self because of agents etc and greed most English price theirselves out for the young Foreign imports the clubs get far cheaper .

Says nothing to choose between most he has seen, many turned down who are just as good as whats comming over and if nursed properly will be our future English talent .

But the cost and greed stop clubs having them and until its stopped we will poach more and more oversees youngsters.:)

I wasnt saying anything bad about the performance, if anything i have been speaking posative about the game with regard to Man U until now.

I was just reffering to the guys sig that said ANYTHING LIVERPOOL CAN DO, MAN U CAN DO BETTER... and the Facebook messages etc.

I wasnt saying anything bad about the performance' date=' if anything i have been speaking posative about the game with regard to Man U until now.

I was just reffering to the guys sig that said [b']ANYTHING LIVERPOOL CAN DO, MAN U CAN DO BETTER[/b]... and the Facebook messages etc.

Like how at the end of the season, for the last what, 20 years, Man United have finished ahead of Liverpool? Ah yes that's quite an accurate statement the bolded bit :)