Ronaldo. Whats Happened to Him?

Chambo

Not sure if this shoulda been in player discussion but really Ronaldo whats happened to him. Well yes i hate him but i did recognize he has talent but recently i started to watch Man U matches and really, whats wrong with him? He seems to try to run into players and beat them but really just runs into trouble, unlike last year he just ran around them. Hes capable of it then why not do it? He seems to be hesitant now im not sure why but he's opting to the wrong choices. He passes a lot more and isnt making those surging runs he used to make so often. And his passes have been foolish and careless. Also his temper seems to be worse and worse. His tackles are sometimes very foolish and he sometimes takes a kick at people who foul him, have a few angry words with them. He also likes to make revenge challenges after a player took the ball from him.

Again you can say yada yada shes just an arsenal fan of course she says that but as i say again i recognize that he had "talent" last year. If you come up with the fact of his goals this season. I can argue that a lot of them were Penalties.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ronaldo. Whats Happened to Him?

Players know what it takes to make him tick, last year they didn't have a clue how to handle him..

Now a lot of them wind him up and he ends up not playing so well.. like you have seen him getting frustrated this season, kicking out at people a few times because they've chopped him down, its the way to deal with him though.. :rolleyes:

Not sure if this shoulda been in player discussion but really Ronaldo whats happened to him. Well yes i hate him but i did recognize he has talent but recently i started to watch Man U matches and really' date=' whats wrong with him? He seems to try to run into players and beat them but really just runs into trouble, unlike last year he just ran around them. Hes capable of it then why not do it? He seems to be hesitant now im not sure why but he's opting to the wrong choices. He passes a lot more and isnt making those surging runs he used to make so often. And his passes have been foolish and careless. Also his temper seems to be worse and worse. His tackles are sometimes very foolish and he sometimes takes a kick at people who foul him, have a few angry words with them. He also likes to make revenge challenges after a player took the ball from him.

Again you can say yada yada shes just an arsenal fan of course she says that but as i say again i recognize that he had "talent" last year. If you come up with the fact of his goals this season. I can argue that a lot of them were Penalties.[/quote']

I agree. He hasn't been doing what he has been doing last season. He basically stormed to the Golden Boot. He got loads of awards. But this year he has pressure on him. Everyone wants him to excel and win titles again with Man United. But the more pressure the harder it gets for him and his team. Aurelio made a fool out of him in the 4-1 lost at Liverpool. Totally lost it against Steven Taylor and thats why United will not retain anything this year. Maybe a shock win for the FA cup but thats it. The Champions League will get of their grasp. The Premier League will be Liverpool's as they will take hold of United's mistakes. Example Fulham-2-0-Man United. They will fluke their extra game and lose I'm sure.

I agree. He hasn't been doing what he has been doing last season. He basically stormed to the Golden Boot. He got loads of awards. But this year he has pressure on him. Everyone wants him to excel and win titles again with Man United. But the more pressure the harder it gets for him and his team. Aurelio made a fool out of him in the 4-1 lost at Liverpool. Totally lost it against Steven Taylor and thats why United will not retain anything this year. Maybe a shock win for the FA cup but thats it. The Champions League will get of their grasp. The Premier League will be Liverpool's as they will take hold of United's mistakes. Example Fulham-2-0-Man United. They will fluke their extra game and lose I'm sure.

I hope :P I want liverpool to win too to hell with United!

Now a lot of them wind him up and he ends up not playing so well.. like you have seen him getting frustrated this season' date=' kicking out at people a few times because they've chopped him down, its the way to deal with him though.. [/quote']

there was a classic one yesterday - he goes in for a two footed challenge and gets a booking (and has a little moan to the ref) and 5 mins later another player goes in 2 footed, ronaldo lifts up his shorts to show the damage and the ref tells him in no uncertain terms to stop acting like a !

I think he's had somewhat of a 'hangover' season. But he's entitled to that. He'll hit the heights again before long' date=' I'm sure.[/quote']

You Say That But Imo I Think Hes Almost Certain To Join Real Madrid :(

Which Will Be A Terrible Mistake In My Eyes....

If you come up with the fact of his goals this season. I can argue that a lot of them were Penalties.

17 goals this season in all competitions... only the 4 below have been penalties.

Bolton - 27/09/08 (EPL)

Derby - 20/01/09 (Carling Cup)

Everton - 31/01/09 (EPL)

Liverpool - 14/03/09 (EPL)

I agree he hasn't been anywhere near last season's standard though. Maybe he just can't be bothered at United anymore? Hope we cash in on him soon and buy Ribery (yeah, I know it won't happen :P). Ronaldo's attitude is appalling, and Ribery (although slightly less talented) does far more for the team anyway.

Last season was probably just a one-off though, really. It's very rare for any player to have a season like that... to perform that well every year is totally unheard of (unless your name is Zidane). Anyone expecting 40+ goals (or even similar performances without the goals) from him every season is a bit delusional, to be honest.

17 goals this season in all competitions... only the 4 below have been penalties.

Bolton - 27/09/08 (EPL)

Derby - 20/01/09 (Carling Cup)

Everton - 31/01/09 (EPL)

Liverpool - 14/03/09 (EPL)

I agree he hasn't been anywhere near last season's standard though. Maybe he just can't be bothered at United anymore? Hope we cash in on him soon and buy Ribery (yeah' date=' I know it won't happen :P). Ronaldo's attitude is appalling, and Ribery (although slightly less talented) does far more for the team anyway.

Last season was probably just a one-off though, really. It's very rare for any player to have a season like that... to perform that well every year is totally unheard of (unless your name is Zidane). Anyone expecting 40+ goals (or even similar performances without the goals) from him every season is a bit delusional, to be honest.[/quote']

Man U Should so this

10m + Robben + Huntelaar for Ronaldo and sell tevez ( :( ) and get Ribery :) Perfect for your team!

Man U Should so this

10m + Robben + Huntelaar for Ronaldo and sell tevez ( :( ) and get Ribery :) Perfect for your team!

id love Ribery At United :D I Think Ronaldo Hast Contributed Alot In Most Matches Well He Has Like 17 Goals I Think To His Name But last Season Was The Best Hes Ever going To Reach

Man U Should so this

To be honest, I'd take van der Vaart plus a bit of extra cash over Robben. Robben is far too injury prone and van der Vaart would be the perfect replacement for Scholes (and can also play wide). Then we could use the cash and raid Bayern for Schweinsteiger as well as Ribery. :D

None of that will actually happen though. If Ronaldo does get sold, it will be to some other top team. No way Fergie will let him go to Madrid after last summer (he'll go somewhere else for a year or two when he leaves United, then go to Madrid later in his career).

To be honest' date=' I'd take van der Vaart plus a bit of extra cash over Robben. Robben is far too injury prone and van der Vaart would be the perfect replacement for Scholes (and can also play wide). Then we could use the cash and raid Bayern for Schweinsteiger as well as Ribery. :D

None of that will actually happen though. If Ronaldo does get sold, it will be to some other top team. No way Fergie will let him go to Madrid after last summer (he'll go somewhere else for a year or two when he leaves United, then go to Madrid later in his career).[/quote']

I think Schweinsteiger isn't good enough for Man U and wont have the pace to be a big hit in the Prem. VDV would be great for you. I think he's flopped a bit at Madrid because they waned him to play wide and whilst I don't understand why he can't (he did earlier in his career) he's a perfect playmaker.

Man U Should so this

10m + Robben + Huntelaar for Ronaldo and sell tevez ( ) and get Ribery Perfect for your team!

Huntelaar would be a bad buy for Man U as it would just be like buying an inferior Ruud Van Nistelrooy and like when you had RVN, your play will sufer and be far less fluid. One other thing as well: Utd can't sell Tevez since they don't own him.

Ronaldo certainly hasn't been terrible this season but his role's a bit different isn't it? He's a bit more restricted and being asked to play a position rather than do what he wants (as he did last year to amazing effect). Something I wonder is this; if he leaves United, who will he go to? Real you would think is out of the question and I'd think Ronaldo has too much sense to move to Italy. Surely Barca wouldn't go for him? He won't move to someone else in England so it basically means he is stranded. I think he'll stay at United for 1 more year AND if his form picks up a bit more, he'll move to Real in 2010 when the Summer of '08s events are largely forgotten.

Man U Should so this

This is real life - not SM!!!

Ronaldo behaved like a child yesterday and should have walked IMO. The foul on Murphy and two obvious shows of dissent....his performances haven't been as impressive as last year (although they were never going to be) but at the end of the day United are still in every competition.

This is real life - not SM!!!

Ronaldo behaved like a child yesterday and should have walked IMO. The foul on Murphy and two obvious shows of dissent....his performances haven't been as impressive as last year (although they were never going to be) but at the end of the day United are still in every competition.

Yeah i know :P but Real Madrid would do anything to get their hands on Ronnie :) Huntelaar would be great as he is tall and would be a great target for all the balls that Robben and Ribery are playing in. Just a suggestion. If you say they already have berba then he doesnt seem to be doing the job

Being Portuguese, I Remember Watching Him At Sporting Practically Every Game He Played, He Seemed Willing, Energetic And Always Wanting To Do The Best For His Team. Shall I Tell You Why Ronaldo Is What He Is Today? Simply... Money. The Power Of Money Corrupted Him. If U Remember Him Breaking Into The First Team At Man United He Never Use To Dive As Much As He Does Now. He Never Use To Do All The Stupid Things He Does. All Of A Sudden 2 Seasons Later, He Is Completely Different. He Moans Way Too Much, In The Big Games He Looks Lost And His Attitude To Be Honest Stinks And He Doesn't Show The Will That He Showed At Sporting He Seems Pretty Content With Just Performing A Little Trick And When It Doesnt Work He Throws His Dummy Out The Pram. Money Messed With Ronaldo's Head And To Be Honest I Would Applaud The Person Who Literally Knocked A Bit Of Sense Back Into That Shambles Of A Man. Ronaldo Is Living Proof, Money Can Change You.. For Worse Or For Better.

Guest Football8

I'd rather have Robben than Ronaldo, so if we were to buy it would be only cash. He would nicely fit on the left hand side of our team as we need a winger. :)

Being Portuguese' date=' I Remember Watching Him At Sporting Practically Every Game He Played, He Seemed Willing, Energetic And Always Wanting To Do The Best For His Team. Shall I Tell You Why Ronaldo Is What He Is Today? Simply... Money. The Power Of Money Corrupted Him. If U Remember Him Breaking Into The First Team At Man United He Never Use To Dive As Much As He Does Now. He Never Use To Do All The Stupid Things He Does. All Of A Sudden 2 Seasons Later, He Is Completely Different. He Moans Way Too Much, In The Big Games He Looks Lost And His Attitude To Be Honest Stinks And He Doesn't Show The Will That He Showed At Sporting He Seems Pretty Content With Just Performing A Little Trick And When It Doesnt Work He Throws His Dummy Out The Pram. Money Messed With Ronaldo's Head And To Be Honest I Would Applaud The Person Who Literally Knocked A Bit Of Sense Back Into That Shambles Of A Man. Ronaldo Is Living Proof, Money Can Change You.. For [b']Worse[/b] Or For Better.

The only part I agree with is his horrid attutide, I think Man Utd have brung his game on loads.

I remember when he 1st moved to England he looked a shadow of the player he looks today, he looked a bit like Nani currently does.

Hes improved tons and this showed last season, as for this season hes having a season like any other "world class" player would have, but because of the season he had last year he was always going to be in for this kind of comments this season, especially after the summer fiasco.

When you think about it, if football was really like some of the comments around the forum LFC and Man Utd would surely be in trouble.

LFC - totaly reply on 2 players (them we are rubbish, yet they have only started 10 games all season together) and have a manager who is rubbish and rotates 2 much and we have a DM (masch) who is rubbish and cant pass a ball, yet we are 2nd in the strongest league in the world and doing great in the CL smashing Spains 2nd best side.

Man Utd - have an out of form Ronaldo who's heart isnt at Utd, have the over rated Rooney who does nothing, a 30mil lazy over priced forward in Berbatov and of course the over rated Carrick yet they won the double last year, top of the league this year and doing great in the CL.

if all of the above is true for both clubs, judging by results over the last few years it doesnt say much about the rest of the competition around the world :o

Everytime I have seen Man Utd this season Ronaldo has been the main player, hes either scoring the goals or creating them (either by an assist or just causing trouble on the ball IE creating space for others)

He's one of the best players in the world but what lets him down is his attitude. His performances last season were out of this world, it was always going to be impossible for him to repeat. He hasn't been poor this season, he just hasn't been on the same level as last season. His attitude stinks, of that there can be no argument but if you were to ask any manager in the world if they would want him in their team every one of them would say yes.

Being Portuguese' date=' I Remember Watching Him At Sporting Practically Every Game He Played, He Seemed Willing, Energetic And Always Wanting To Do The Best For His Team. Shall I Tell You Why Ronaldo Is What He Is Today? Simply... Money. The Power Of Money Corrupted Him. If U Remember Him Breaking Into The First Team At Man United He Never Use To Dive As Much As He Does Now. He Never Use To Do All The Stupid Things He Does. All Of A Sudden 2 Seasons Later, He Is Completely Different. He Moans Way Too Much, In The Big Games He Looks Lost And His Attitude To Be Honest Stinks And He Doesn't Show The Will That He Showed At Sporting He Seems Pretty Content With Just Performing A Little Trick And When It Doesnt Work He Throws His Dummy Out The Pram. Money Messed With Ronaldo's Head And To Be Honest I Would Applaud The Person Who Literally Knocked A Bit Of Sense Back Into That Shambles Of A Man. Ronaldo Is Living Proof, Money Can Change You.. For [b']Worse[/b] Or For Better.

i dont think its the money its the people constantly kissing his backside and the general fawning over him has made him think he's some kind of footballing deity, and that has significantly affected his attitude

The only part I agree with is his horrid attutide' date=' I think Man Utd have brung his game on loads.

I remember when he 1st moved to England he looked a shadow of the player he looks today, he looked a bit like Nani currently does.

Hes improved tons and this showed last season, as for this season hes having a season like any other "world class" player would have, but because of the season he had last year he was always going to be in for this kind of comments this season, especially after the summer fiasco.[/quote']

Nobody Is Arguing That He Hasnt Improved It Is Clear To All That He Has And Its True Man United Have Brang Loads To His Game, But I Stress The Point Ronaldo Is Obsessed With Money And That Is What Has Turned Him Into A Arrogant Fool. And When Things Dont Go His Way As U Saw At The 2-0 Defeat To Fulham He Throws A Tantrum Or Makes Harsh Challenges, If Ronaldo Was Sent - Off That Game Like He Should Off, Maybe He Would Understand He Cant Have Everything His Way, And That My Freind Is What Money Has Done To Him. He Thinks He Can Have Everything He Wants Because His Rich And Because He Was Voted Worlds Best Although IMO It Should Have Been Lionel Messi, He Should Learn Money Cant Buy You Everything Otherwise Im Sure His Team Mates Would Have Brought Him A Whole New Attitude.;)