Red Meat is Bad!!

quaresman

Does it take soooo long for scientists to realise this... vegetarians are like sizzling!!!

Diets high in red meat and in processed meat shorten life span not just from cancer and heart disease but from Alzheimer's, stomach ulcers and an array of other conditions as well, a U.S. National Cancer Institute study has found.

In fact, reducing meat consumption to the amount eaten by the bottom 20 percent seen in the study would save 11 percent of men's lives and 16 percent of women's, according to the study.

"The consumption of red meat was associated with a modest increase in total mortality," said Rashmi Sinha, lead author of the study in the March 23 issue of Archives of Internal Medicine.

"This fits together with the findings of the American Institute for Cancer Research and the World Cancer Research Fund and the American Cancer Society, which recommend limiting the consumption of red meat," added Sinha, who is a senior investigator with the nutrition epidemiological branch in the cancer epidemiology and genetics division at the Cancer Institute. "This is something new in the sense of mortality."

Re: Red Meat is Bad!!

Diets high in red meat and in processed meat shorten life span not just from cancer and heart disease but from Alzheimer's, stomach ulcers and an array of other conditions as well, a U.S. National Cancer Institute study has found.

So what ? Tomorrow you could be hit by a bus.

This ?

spring-salad-recipe-6-20-07.jpg

Or This

bigstockphotoraresteak1.jpg

I am going to have a nice juicy medium rare Fillet Steak. Why? Because it tastes so good.

lol...

You get one life why not live it to the fullist you possible can!

Yeah you should have an okay diest not eat like 6 Hmaburgers a day or whateve but to have nice food if you have it why not eat it lol :P...As the song goes " Just live your life" Your gunna die sum day why not live life why you cna till that day comes ...Hopfully not for ages lol but Jade Goodey is a good example she was only 27 and died there people on this forum older than that(Sop Si *Cough* *Cough*) you have to make most of life :D ...

Peace Out

Guest Phill

any1 ever heard of free range and non free range

no?

here u go

freerange:9-22%20Farm%20tour%20051.jpg

non freerange:article-1116463-030EEA6E000005DC-839_468x378.jpg

i wonder which you would rather?

Whichever Tastes Better :D

Or Which Has More Meat On It :)

Free Range - Rip Off!

It's all a load of utter utter rubbish.

If you look hard enough, you'll find something to make an argument in whatever set of statistics or test that these researcher's run.

If you believed everything they tell you:

type chocolate health risk into google, no need to click on any of the links, just read the text under the top link, then the headline to the third.

I rest my case B)

There'll be another study out in a few weeks saying that red meat has significant health benefits.

Just like they keep going back and forth about wine, one week it will add 10 years to your life because of it's many antioxidants etc. The next week they tell you wine will make you die.

At the end of the day, they get their results, they're doctored to suit what they were funded to look for and they get a big pat on the back.

Diets high in any food or substance is gonna be bad for you. The fact of the matter its all about getting the right amount . . . aka a balanced diet.

Red meat is a great source of Iron and Protein, which is needed. To much fat, to much carb, to much blah blah blah. Pretty mch everything gives you cancer or kills you some how.

Diets high in any food or substance is gonna be bad for you. The fact of the matter its all about getting the right amount . . . aka a balanced diet.

Red meat is a great source of Iron and Protein' date=' which is needed. To much fat, to much carb, to much blah blah blah. Pretty mch everything gives you cancer or kills you some how.[/quote']

Absolutely. Is there anything we can eat that doesn't kill us according to studies?

any1 ever heard of free range and non free range

no?

here u go

freerange:9-22%20Farm%20tour%20051.jpg

non freerange:article-1116463-030EEA6E000005DC-839_468x378.jpg

i wonder which you would rather?

tbh i think the only factor for most people is price, and seeing as the battery farmed chicken eggs are cheaper they'll go for them - i mean how many people buy clothes from primark even though they use sweatshop labour?