Sign in to follow this  
09aparker

***Simon Cox - Great English Talent****

Simon Cox

0,,10341~5570824,00.jpg

Simon Cox is a 22 year old striker who plays for swindon town.

He started his career at reading and was loaned out to a number of clubs, but he finally signed for Swindon On 31 January 2008 in a few thought to be about £200,000.

This season (2008/2009) he has been on fire, scoring 32 goals and 4 assists, he has also played in every game this season all 50 of them and only being subbed off once. Totaling a MASSIVE 4552 minutes in the 2008/2009 season :eek::)

He Began 2008/09 with an impressive six goals in five pre-season games, which included a stunning strike against Fenerbahce in Austria whilst on tour.

2008/2009 Stats:

simoncox.jpg

He also scored a absolute stuner of a volly agaisnt Walsall.

RtM8Zh1DQzc

(The Link If It Doesnt Work

)

On SM, he is current rated at 80, and with the rating changes coming around quick, i wouldn't snap him up to quick at this moment in time he is rated 80 after a rise arrow-ne1.png1 on the 6-4-2009 , but as he does play in league one it is difficult for him to rise big or anymore, but this guy is one for the future, and i am sure he will move on this summer

On the 8th January 2009, it was reported that Cox was wanted by Fulham and Bolton for a fee believed to be in the region of £1 million.

so big clubs are looking at him, and i can see him moving on to bigger things at the end of the season :)

thanking you,

tell me what you think please :P:D

Re: ***Simon Cox - Great English Talent****

He's only in League one and like Beckfprd would only be an average Championship player at best.

He has potential, don't get me wrong but I don't think he is a star find to go out and get at all costs just yet.

Players that score lots of goals always have "rumours" surrounding them, 95% of the time its all lies.

Good player bio though. :)

Guest Phill

=GXlINN4UHT

What A Goal!!!

Doesnt Work?

Wow!

He misses too many sitters. That's my only criticism of him. He's an amazing player, Swindon's 2nd best after McNamee, but perhaps the clubs most important (as shown by his appearance record). He never dives, he never lets an injury get the better of him, he never stops trying.

And he scores some absolute crackers. The only two that I can find on the internet have already been mentioned. But he also scored an amazing goal against Shorpe (lobbed the keeper from 20 yards) and got a very cheeky back-heel goal on Saturday (although he was miles offside). BUT, he gets a lot of easier chances and fails to take them. Too many times does he make the Swindon fans groan by missing from 10 yards. But he definitely makes up for it with some of those wondergoals.

Unfortunately Swindon have been on an awful run before March, and dropped into the relegation zone. Cox disappeared (no fault of his own, just the club couldn't string two passes together), and that is what will probably cost him any rise at all. He may get 80, but with Swindon in the relegation zone he might not.

To sum up, I DO NOT recommend buying him YET. He's not a big riser and he's not wanting to leave League 1 (he left Reading as he wasn't getting regular football, now he's in stunning form), so he's not going places (rating wise), yet. But when he does move up (and I assure you it's WHEN and not IF) he could well be worth a buy.

PS. That's his 3rd hat-trick of the season, but only the first that Swindon have won! :eek:

If anyone has any questions, I can answer them. :)

With about 20 minutes remaining of the season, Cox and Lambert are dead tied with 29 league goals. That is amazing! 29 league goals for two players for teams fighting relegation for large periods of the season.

Cox grabbed two against Rovers and another two so far today against already promoted Peterborough. Lambert has one in the game against Hartlepool.

Who will get the Golden Boot?

Guest nacho

didnt he score 30+ goals this year B)

Guest nacho

is there any news of bigger teams from championship or even the premier league wanted his services ? :)

He's almost certain to leave. When asked whether he'd stay, he said if the right offer came, he'd leave. And the chances are, the right offer will come.

He'll probably end up in the Championship, with WBA being heavily linked. He'll go for £1m - £1.5m.

Not to mention that he's been named Swindon's League 1 PotY, and of the past 15 winners, 8 have moved onto pastures new.

Sure enough, Simon Cox is now set to sign for West Bromwich Albion. A £2m fee (including add-ons) has been agreed, although Swindon will only get 60% of that (with the rest going to Reading). Good deal for Swindon, with Theo Robinson set to sign for around £275k (although there are rumours that Huddersfield are also set to sign him.. we'll see), it could be mean about 7 times the profit and left with a striker with the potential to become just as good as Cox.

I'm confused as to who's making the calls on the WBA side though tbh. :confused:

yep news came through that we'eve accepted a bid for simon cox from west brom will be sad to see him go but up the reds danny wilson will use the money to get a few players in so hopefully be a good season. problem is only one striker on the books if this deal goes through the great billy paynter

:D

yep news came through that we'eve accepted a bid for simon cox from west brom will be sad to see him go but up the reds danny wilson will use the money to get a few players in so hopefully be a good season. problem is only one striker on the books if this deal goes through the great billy paynter

:D

Don't forget Andy Westall. ;) Has a 6 month contract. Went to my old school. :P

Don't know if it should be great news tbf :o

We've wanted Cox for ages, know for a fact we nearly agreed a fee for him in January, but £2m is definitely over the odds for only a proven League 1 striker. Not being harsh on the lad or the club etc but he might not be proven at Championship.

And our managing directed Dan Ashworth is currently running the sticks :), well liked by our chairman so he is currently taking the regimes and also targeting players the club have obviously wanted for some time.

Whats your fans view of Cox? :D

We've wanted Cox for ages' date=' know for a fact we nearly agreed a fee for him in January, but £2m is definitely over the odds for only a proven League 1 striker. Not being harsh on the lad or the club etc but he might not be proven at Championship.

And our managing directed Dan Ashworth is currently running the sticks :), well liked by our chairman so he is currently taking the regimes and also targeting players the club have obviously wanted for some time.

Whats your fans view of Cox? :D[/quote']

I've seen him play quite regularly. Simon has that goalscoring knack well in last season he did..... He really shot to fame after his goalscoring heroics last season. He is a typical strong striker who can finish, He can hold the ball uip well and with the quality ball West Brom can give him I'm nearly sure he can get on very well. I'm not a WBA supporter but players like Barnetta and Donk are not good enuf. There mistakes and poor concentration last season was very poor and are nowhere near Premiership status but in the championship they will be suited better!!

good little forward from the games i've seen at the county ground

play's really well alongside a tall forward and is also useful when running at defender's at pace

he is quick but lightweight and with the move up to the championship he may struggle with the physical side

i wish the lad all the best as he's moving on to a bigger club in a stronger league and he really did save swindon from certain relgation last season with very important goals at important time's

We've wanted Cox for ages' date=' know for a fact we nearly agreed a fee for him in January, but £2m is definitely over the odds for only a proven League 1 striker. Not being harsh on the lad or the club etc but he might not be proven at Championship.

Whats your fans view of Cox? :D[/quote']

£2m is definitely a lot (as my post from the top of this page says, I was expecting close to £1m), but don't forget that a large amount of that is add-ons. The fee up-front is probably closer to £1m.

Cox should do well for you. The step from L1 to the CCC isn't that big, and as he is only 22, Cox has plenty of time to improve. I doubt he'll be a regular for you, but he'd be a great squad player and is proven in the lower leagues. He's also a match-winner, so he's a useful player to have in the side or on the bench.

Not a done deal yet though - he still has to agree a fee, and with Celtic (and of course Mowbray) lurking, they might hijack it yet.

Guest Abdel Zizi

I've seen him play quite regularly. Simon has that goalscoring knack well in last season he did..... He really shot to fame after his goalscoring heroics last season. He is a typical strong striker who can finish' date=' He can hold the ball uip well and with the quality ball West Brom can give him I'm nearly sure he can get on very well. I'm not a WBA supporter but players like [b']Barnetta[/b] and Donk are not good enuf. There mistakes and poor concentration last season was very poor and are nowhere near Premiership status but in the championship they will be suited better!!

I'm hoping you don't mean Tranquillo Bernetta:confused: