Inactivity - GCSE's, Anyone Else In This Position

JuniorBlue

Re: Inactivity - GCSE's, Anyone Else In This Position

Well then we all got our GCSE's a week or so ago or whatever it was. How'd you all do? I got exactly what I needed to for Sixth Form. :D

Yeah, I got into my Sixth Form too. Although it's more or less a formality because they'll accept anybody really. I had my first full day today which was a bit boring as we were just going through the motions.

End of year 10' date=' haven't done many but these are the ones i have got so far:

Biology: A*

Chemistry: A*

Physics: A*

Goegraphy: C

...Yeah, i'm kinda disappointed with the geography[/quote']

Well done mate. I think that it's important to get the best grades possible in Year 10, so that it gives you more room to work with when you come to the more stressful and more difficult Year 11 exams. Well, that's what helped me to get the good grades.

Well done mate. I think that it's important to get the best grades possible in Year 10' date=' so that it gives you more room to work with when you come to the more stressful and more difficult Year 11 exams. Well, that's what helped me to get the good grades.[/quote']

I agree. I did really well in year 10 and coasted it a bit in year 11 and a lot of my year 10 results helped me scrape into sixth form. :o

We chose 3 :) .

Anyway' date=' first day of sixth form for me tommorow, and I'm dreading it :( .[/quote']

Good luck dude! I start on Tuesday as they have like a teacher training day every monday at the start of the new term. But I think the first couple of weeks will be ok but after that it's going to get real hard. :o

I'm starting Year 10 on tuesday' date=' getting a bit nervous now as this time's come so quickly, but I'm sure & hope it flies past.

:o[/quote']

Honestly mate I know it's a bit cliche to say it flies by, but seriously it does it comes and goes so far and you won't even realise! Just make the most of it. I was a bit stupid in year 11, did well in year 10 and got myself off to a good start for year 11 then I coasted and just got the results I needed, so try your hardest ;)

YOU GET 5 SUBJECTS?

OMG.

We got 2 when i chose mine. :o

Double Science isn't really a subject choice.

Got 50 lessons a fortnight' date=' and this is how things work out:

Science - 9 lessons

Sport - 8 lessons

English - 6 lessons

Maths - 5 lessons

History - 5 lessons

I.C.T - 5 lessons

Geography - 5 lessons

P.E - 2 lessons

Welsh - 2 lessons

R.E - 1 lesson

Careers - 1 lesson

Enrichment - 1 lesson

I'm starting Year 10 on tuesday, getting a bit nervous now as this time's come so quickly, but I'm sure & hope it flies past.

:o

Dan, had my first week ... well first two days. And at the moment, whilst i'm still a bit worried about certain lessons, once you get into things and get into your new classes and that you'll be fine. Just the first month or so is a bit different, and it's not neccesarily to most's liking.

I know that i'm in a different class for every single subject, only done three lessons and to be honest it's retarded with a bunch of randoms.

Double Science isn't really a subject choice.

Got 50 lessons a fortnight' date=' and this is how things work out:

Science - 9 lessons

Sport - 8 lessons

English - 6 lessons

Maths - 5 lessons

History - 5 lessons

I.C.T - 5 lessons

Geography - 5 lessons

P.E - 2 lessons

Welsh - 2 lessons

R.E - 1 lesson

Careers - 1 lesson

Enrichment - 1 lesson

Dan, had my first week ... well first two days. And at the moment, whilst i'm still a bit worried about certain lessons, once you get into things and get into your new classes and that you'll be fine. Just the first month or so is a bit different, and it's not neccesarily to most's liking.

I know that i'm in a different class for every single subject, only done three lessons and to be honest it's retarded with a bunch of randoms.[/quote']

I loved getting a new class tbh. My old one was awful, everyone was so immature and never stop talking the biggest load of nonsense. My new class was awesome. Even though I still hate school and want to leave :)

I know that i'm in a different class for every single subject' date=' only done three lessons and to be honest it's retarded with a bunch of randoms.[/quote']

I hate being in classes with random people you don't generally talk to, others have their big 'groups' and all your mates are in the same classes except you, I HATE that.

I know that i'm in a different class for every single subject' date=' only done three lessons and to be honest it's[/b'] retarded with a bunch of randoms.[/b]

Yeah thats the bit I hate about going into year 10, because you lose so many of your mates you've been with through 7, 8 and 9 and you're put with randomers you've never spoken to. But, you soon make new friends. Luckily I'm in a lot of lessons with my two of my best mates from Primary, so it's all good.

Start year 11 on Wednesday, gonna be pretty stressful. Year 10 wasn't great for me and I'm going to have to work extra hard this year if I want to get a decent set of GCSE's. Hope to go to Uni after sixth form college, so GCSE's are important when applying for Uni's, because they don't know your A Level results when they accept people.

Yeah thats the bit I hate about going into year 10' date=' because you lose so many of your mates you've been with through 7, 8 and 9 and you're put with randomers you've never spoken to. But, you soon make new friends. Luckily I'm in a lot of lessons with my two of my best mates from Primary, so it's all good.

Start year 11 on Wednesday, gonna be pretty stressful. Year 10 wasn't great for me and I'm going to have to work extra hard this year if I want to get a decent set of GCSE's. Hope to go to Uni after sixth form college, so GCSE's are important when applying for Uni's, because they don't know your A Level results when they accept people.[/quote']

Yeah, same happened with me for most of the first paragraph. But wednesday will be horrible!

Yeah thats the bit I hate about going into year 10' date=' because you lose so many of your mates you've been with through 7, 8 and 9 and you're put with randomers you've never spoken to. But, you soon make new friends. Luckily I'm in a lot of lessons with my two of my best mates from Primary, so it's all good.

Start year 11 on Wednesday, gonna be pretty stressful. Year 10 wasn't great for me and I'm going to have to work extra hard this year if I want to get a decent set of GCSE's.[b'] Hope to go to Uni after sixth form college, so GCSE's are important when applying for Uni's, because they don't know your A Level results when they accept people.

[/b]

They take your As grades mainly when deciding , and also your predicted grades:).

• 1 month later...

Bump: Year 10 GSCE Science Exams - November 11th

Anyway i'm starting doing my revision today, mainly because in half term i'm away in Dublin from the Friday-Monday, and then going to Wigan with the Swansea Tuesday & Wedensday so i only have four of the days in Swansea.

Not actually done anything, just layed it out really and i'll be making notes from each of the topics, starting maybe later/tommorow, anyway took double science so i've got Physics & Chemistry to start off with, so i'm not left with 3 exams on my case.

Just want to know if it's hard, and how the day is. Generally it should be easy if i do enough revision seeing as it's multiple choice, especially for Physics where i'm doing quiet well in which is rare as Science is a weakness for me in my GSCE's and if i get a final grade of a B i'll be delighted.

• 2 months later...

GCSE's are a walk passed everyone apart from German without any revision' date=' now AS exams thats something to moan about and I have Sociology tomorrow YAY! :([/quote']

I know what you mean mate, I only revised for History and that was because I had forgot half the stuff I learnt in the first year and I didn't get a grade lower than a B. I am really finding A levels a lot harder compared to GCSE's and I am definitely going to revise for the summer exams. Also good luck in you exam, couple of my mates have that tomorrow.