Boro handed FA fine

studge

Re: Boro handed FA fine

I'm sure if anyone bothers to look up the stats, the big teams probably get fined/punished just as often when they step out of line. It just hurts smaller clubs more because they aren't as wealthy, so we pay more attention when it happens. The FA are just generally inconsistent all across the board with rulings and punishments, no matter how big or small the club involved happens to be.

£6000 is hardly a harsh punishment anyway. It's not like they've made an example of them. Considering clubs can be fined up to £250000 (I think) for such offences, as well as facing a 2 point deduction, most would probably say Boro got off pretty much scott free.

£6000 is hardly a harsh punishment anyway. It's not like they've made an example of them. Considering clubs can be fined up to £250000 (I think) for such offences' date=' as well as facing a 2 point deduction, most would probably say Boro got off pretty much scott free.[/quote']

Exactly. It's more of a warning than an actual fine considering how small the fine is. Boro will hardly notice it leave there finances, and they are far from being the wealthiest club in the EPL.

But i must say i do doubt that this would happen to one of the 'big four' clubs, as the FA always seem scared to enforce punishment upon these clubs, especially United. It often seems to be one rule for the big four, and another for the rest.

But i must say i do doubt that this would happen to one of the 'big four' clubs' date=' as the FA always seem scared to enforce punishment upon these clubs, especially United. It often seems to be one rule for the big four, and another for the rest.[/quote']

Well I know Fergie was fined £10000, and given a 2 game touchline ban earlier in the season. A couple of our players have also been given fines this season too, I think (most notably, Evra fined £15000 for his part in the Chelsea groundsman incident).

These things do happen to all of the big 4 (United included)... they just get conveniently 'forgotten' about by a lot of fans, whereas when a smaller club gets a fine everyone suddenly starts showing some interest and starts moaning about unfair treatment etc.

chelsea gets fined for that all the time...

didn't man utd "fail to control" rooney after his red card against fulham?no fines for them:rolleyes:(just as gill would have wanted)

Tim Cahill punches the corner flag everytime he scores. ;)

Hardly a reason to fine him tbh, although there are definately inconsistencies with punishments (involving all clubs, not just United).

^^^

are you kidding?rooney has been acting like a kid for years' date='the number of times him/ronaldo kick out at players/yell at the referee without being punished is unbelievable[/quote']

and whilst ferguson is still prepared to let that type of behaviour continue they will continue to act in the same way

Halsey's control was horible, he first showed a red card for what many people and pundits agree to be not a red card offense and then within seconds of issueing the card tries to manhandle Digard off the pitch when he asks why, its disgraceful. There were in fact 5 players around Halsey, not the whole team, 5. The whole fine is rediculous.

^^^

are you kidding?rooney has been acting like a kid for years' date='the number of times him/ronaldo kick out at players/yell at the referee without being punished is unbelievable[/quote']

The Cahill comment was just tongue in cheek (hence the wink).

To be fair, Terry and Drogba are both guilty of pretty much the same things Ronaldo and Rooney are guilty of. Every team has players that don't know how to behave.

Whether you think one particular team gets an easier ride than others or not (and to be honest, it doesn't even matter if the inconsistencies are biased towards particular teams or just random... the fact is there ARE inconsistencies, and there SHOULDN'T be), the only people you can blame for this problem are the referees. How many times do you see one player get nothing for shouting abuse at a referee, then another getting booked simply for asking why a particular decision was made?

- Players and managers doing nothing but asking a question need to receive more respect from referees (the same respect they themselves demand from players). They deserve at least a short explanation even if they disagree with a decision, as long as they aren't abusive about it. Referees just ignore them and walk away (or punish them unjustly) far too often - respect works both ways in my opinion.

- Players acting in an aggressive manner after decisions are made, need to be booked EVERY time (ALL players involved if it's a group of players), and with NO exceptions (even if it means 4 or 5 players end up getting sent off in a game for receiving a second yellow - it might ruin the odd game initially, but players would eventually learn... which just isn't happening at the moment).

- Players who personally insult/abuse a referee need to be shown a straight red, on EVERY occasion, with persistent offenders (3 offences over a 2 year period, maybe?) given extended bans and fined a minimum of 2 weeks wages.

- Teams who are persistent offenders need to be docked points (fines don't work, as even the poorer teams are too wealthy to notice a £6000 loss)... say 6 points docked on the 3rd major offence (i.e. involving a group of 2 or more players), and a further 3 points for each offence after that. This should also be judged over to a 2 year period.