• -1 84 "frankly he is pants!"
    • +0 85 "he is ok as he is"
    • +1 86 "should be rated a little better"
    • +2 87 "worthy of premirship football"
    • +3 88 "very good promising player"
    • +4 89 "amazing ledgend to be!"

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

Sylvan-Ebanks-Blake-004.jpg

i don't care what any one says this guy is ace, the best player in The Championship this season and im a Birmingham City fan i think he'll go up next season and give the big clubs a run for their money as long as he don't go the same way as players like dean ashton, Ishmael MILLER or Robert Earnshaw and maybe for a good example andrew johnson his record is

Full Name Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

Birth Date March 29, 1986

Birth Place England

Height 5' 10" (1.78m)

Weight 13.3 st (84.4 kg)

Age 22

Position Striker

Squad number 9

08/09 played 39 scored 24 and 5 assists

currently rated 85 on the DB :eek:

Guest .кєσgн

Re: Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

To be fair, Im a season ticket holder at Wolves and i go to most away games, What would you know about a player that you never see regular?

He is good, but he needs to work on his stamina.

Should be a 87.

To be fair' date=' Im a season ticket holder at Wolves and i go to most away games, What would you know about a player that you never see regular?

Should be a 87.[/quote']

well i think it was because of an injury he never played for while

Would sylvan be good in the prem though?

well the odds are stack against him look at my examples at the top but he does seem to be that sort of player who could cut in the premiership a black version of rooney if u ask me

To be fair' date=' Im a season ticket holder at Wolves and i go to most away games, What would you know about a player that you never see regular?

Should be a 87.[/quote']

I don't see why your saying what would you know about a player you don't see regulary, everyone has their own opinions..

I don't watch him but have seen a few games of Wolves on sky this season and hes a good player, he should probably be 87..

What you gunna do? shoot me down?

i went to forest v wolves last saturday and he didn't look anything special.

probably cos wes morgan is an absolute genius and kept him quiet all day.

gotta say, forests defence were on it although pretty much every time they won the ball they gave it away easily.

I think he will go up by 1 at the moment, I would say he may just have an outside chance of getting another +1 to 87 at the changes after if he keeps playing well and scoring. But, 86 at the next changes I think.

Anyway, why have you put those comments next to each rating on the poll? I think they dont really help.

I reckon it's 50-50 whether he'll stay or go up. 85 seems to be the sort of plateau that the best Championship players reach. I'd say only the elite 2nd tier players should reach 86 and whether SEB is one of these is down to opinion. I'd call him borderline purely based on the amount of goals he scores. I saw him at Hillsborough this season and he did absolutely naff all all game, but he scored - that's what I call the sign of a good striker. I reckon he could do well in the Premiership but only if he continues to get good service like he has had this season.

Plus, you mentioned a few names that haven't really made it in the Premiership, one of them being Dean Ashton. I strongly disagree with this as he is a very underrated player in my opinion. It's only been injuries which have held him back. If he had stayed injury-free all this time, I am a firm believer that he would be in the England squad regularly and flirting with the top of the goalscoring charts in the EPL.

Plus' date=' you mentioned a few names that haven't really made it in the Premiership, one of them being Dean Ashton. I strongly disagree with this as he is a very underrated player in my opinion. It's only been injuries which have held him back. If he had stayed injury-free all this time, I am a firm believer that he would be in the England squad regularly and flirting with the top of the goalscoring charts in the EPL.[/quote']

I couldn't agree more, Dean Ashton can be absolutely brilliant when he's fit. If he could just get over the injuries and lose a couple of pounds, he would easily be one of the best strikers in the EPL. I could easily see him played as a more mobile and goal threatening Heskey in the England squad.

i think u guys underestimate the championship it aint no where near as good as the prem but it makes more money then the top french and dutch leagues and

EL HAMDAOUI goes from 84 to 88 and gignac goes from 87 to 89 i know those leagues are better performence wise but some top table championship teams with give a few good league a run for their money and just beacuase of the division he is in dont mean he ent class and people say they have been to games when he hasnt performed what player is on form day in day out u gota give the guy a bit more credit the championship is getting harder and harder all the time but if people reading this are think about buying he will probs only go 86 in the next rating changes despite all that i say not much i can do but he deffernetly an exerlent prospect although as i said in my first post it could go all wrong for him but if u are looking at this for the ratings u would only really glance at it so i dont think it will matter sorry for going on a bit im jus really really board:(

i think u guys underestimate the championship it aint no where near as good as the prem but it makes more money then the top french and dutch leagues and

EL HAMDAOUI goes from 84 to 88 and gignac goes from 87 to 89 i know those leagues are better performence wise but some top table championship teams with give a few good league a run for their money and just beacuase of the division he is in dont mean he ent class and people say they have been to games when he hasnt performed what player is on form day in day out u gota give the guy a bit more credit the championship is getting harder and harder all the time but if people reading this are think about buying he will probs only go 86 in the next rating changes despite all that i say not much i can do but he deffernetly an exerlent prospect although as i said in my first post it could go all wrong for him but if u are looking at this for the ratings u would only really glance at it so i dont think it will matter sorry for going on a bit im jus really really board:(

That's not the point though. If El Hamdaoui or Gignac played in the Championship, their ratings would be restricted to 85 as well like all other Championship players - that's just the level that SM puts this league at. They would only be higher if they're scoring goals at International level or in Europe. As SEB doesn't do this, he shouldn't really rise. He might get a +1, but until he's playing in the Premiership regularly (or in Europe or at International Level), then I think he should stay. He'll definately go up if and when Wolves get promoted though becasue SM rewards players who achieve domestic success and promotion is one of those things.

P.S. You should try putting a full stop in your post somewhere - it's a hell of a mouthful!!! :D

P.S. You should try putting a full stop in your post somewhere - it's a hell of a mouthful!!!

Well I was typing really fast at the time because I had to go out so sorry.

Anyway I suppose him not yet getting in the England first team and suppose at 22years old he is going to have to make it soon or he may not get the chance. Well all thanks for everyone's i think he is an excellent prospect of english football and i hope he does well

P.S. I'm going to watch Birmingham city vs wolves on Monday the 6th of April.

Cameron Jerome

Bilder%5CBirmingham%5Cbirmingham10.jpg

this guy 3years him and ebanks up front for england another to watch:D

Guest melbguy1

i think u guys underestimate the championship it aint no where near as good as the prem but it makes more money then the top french and dutch leagues

we get the championship here in crisp 1080 HD:eek: and will say the competition is really really poor.

Just because the English folk are passionate about where they come from and attend the games and the fact that the Championship arguably has better TV deals than some other 1st division leagues (aka being shown in Australia in HD) doesn't mean the league is better.

i sometimes watch the championship highlights (not sure what its actually called here!) and ive seen a bunch of his goals. he seems a good prospect... and hes been a gun for me on fifa 09!( not that that will affect his rating) he deserves a rise.

Anyway I suppose him not yet getting in the England first team and suppose at 22years old he is going to have to make it soon or he may not get the chance.

I never said either of those comments; you're twisting my words. I do think he's a good prospect, he does have time on his side and he MAY play for England in the future. However, while he's still in the Championship, his rating will be restricted to 85 with an outside chance of 86. Personally, going by SM patterns, I'd keep him at 85 until he plays in the Premiership.

is 85 the maximum in the championship?

best rated player in the chamionship is lee carsley 88 at birmingham city

i not particular order the best players of the championship (88blues' date=' 87reds and 86greens

\/

[b']Reading [/b]

DOYLE, Kevin 87

HUNT, Stephen 87

HAHNEMANN, Marcus 87

KITSON, Dave 86

HUNT, Noel 86

HARPER, James 86

INGIMARSSON, Ívar 86

BIKEY, André 86

Birmingham City

CARSLEY, Lee 88

MCFADDEN, James87

PHILLIPS, Kevin 86

AGUSTIEN, Kemy 86

LARSSON, Sebastian86

BOWYER, Lee 86

RIDGEWELL, Liam 86

MURPHY, David 86

TRAORE, Djimi 86

TAYLOR, Maik 86

Wolves

HAREWOOD, Marlon 86

BERRA, Christophe 86

Blackpool

ADAM, Charlie 87

PNE

NICHOLSON, Barry 86

Cardiff City

MCCORMACK, Ross 86

BURKE, Chris 86

LEDLEY, Joe 86

Burnley

PENNY, Diego 86

Ipswich Town

GIOVANI, dos Santos 87

CIVELLI, Luciano 87

SUMULIKOVSKI, Velice 86

IVAN CAMPO, Ramos 86

QPR

JORDI LOPEZ, Felpeto 86

Plymouth Argyle

CLARK, Chris 86

Southhampton

SAEIJS, Jan-Paul 86

best rated player in the chamionship is lee carsley 88 at birmingham city

i not particular order the best players of the championship (88blues' date=' 87reds and 86greens

\/

[b']Reading [/b]

DOYLE, Kevin 87

HUNT, Stephen 87

HAHNEMANN, Marcus 87

KITSON, Dave 86

HUNT, Noel 86

HARPER, James 86

INGIMARSSON, Ívar 86

BIKEY, André 86

Birmingham City

CARSLEY, Lee 88

MCFADDEN, James87

PHILLIPS, Kevin 86

AGUSTIEN, Kemy 86

LARSSON, Sebastian86

BOWYER, Lee 86

RIDGEWELL, Liam 86

MURPHY, David 86

TRAORE, Djimi 86

TAYLOR, Maik 86

Wolves

HAREWOOD, Marlon 86

BERRA, Christophe 86

Blackpool

ADAM, Charlie 87

PNE

NICHOLSON, Barry 86

Cardiff City

MCCORMACK, Ross 86

BURKE, Chris 86

LEDLEY, Joe 86

Burnley

PENNY, Diego 86

Ipswich Town

GIOVANI, dos Santos 87

CIVELLI, Luciano 87

SUMULIKOVSKI, Velice 86

IVAN CAMPO, Ramos 86

QPR

JORDI LOPEZ, Felpeto 86

Plymouth Argyle

CLARK, Chris 86

Southhampton

SAEIJS, Jan-Paul 86

Again, you are ignoring the fact that most of these have, either, international experience - which gives them a higher rating - or have recently been playing for Premiership sides - i.e. are on loan. Are you telling me that Marlon Harewood and dos Santos would be higher than 85 if they signed permanently for a Championship club? And as for players like Diego Penny and Ivan Campo? Lol, they'll be down in rating next week for definate.

DOYLE, Kevin 87 - stay - International for Republic of Ireland

HUNT, Stephen 87 - stay - International for Republic of Ireland

HAHNEMANN, Marcus 87 - down 2 to 85

KITSON, Dave 86 - down 1 to 85

HUNT, Noel 86 - down 1 to 85

HARPER, James 86 - down 1 to 85

INGIMARSSON, Ívar 86 - down 1 to 85

BIKEY, André 86 - down 1 to 85

CARSLEY, Lee 88 - down 2 to 86 - above 85, international for Republic of Ireland

MCFADDEN, James 87 - down 1 to 86 - above 85, international for Scotland

PHILLIPS, Kevin 86 - stay - disagree with this rating...

AGUSTIEN, Kemy 86 - down 2 to 84

LARSSON, Sebastian 86 - stay - International for Sweden

BOWYER, Lee 86 - down 1 to 85

RIDGEWELL, Liam 86 - down 1 to 85

MURPHY, David 86 - down 1 to 85

TRAORE, Djimi 86 - down 1 to 85

TAYLOR, Maik 86 - stay - International for Northern Ireland

HAREWOOD, Marlon 86 - down 1 to 85

BERRA, Christophe 86 - stay - International for Scotland

ADAM, Charlie 87 - Rating yet to be done - should go down

NICHOLSON, Barry 86 - down 1 to 85

MCCORMACK, Ross 86 - stay - International for Scotland

BURKE, Chris 86 - down 1 to 85

LEDLEY, Joe 86 - stay - International for Wales

PENNY, Diego 86 - down 2 to 84

GIOVANI, dos Santos 87 - Rating yet to be done, international for Mexico, but could still go down

CIVELLI, Luciano 87 - Rating yet to be done, should go down

SUMULIKOVSKI, Velice 86 - Rating yet to be done, international for Macedonia, but could still go down

IVAN CAMPO, Ramos 86 - Rating yet to be done, should go down

JORDI LOPEZ, Felpeto 86 - Rating yet to be done, should go down

CLARK, Chris 86 - Rating yet to be done, should go down

SAEIJS, Jan-Paul 86 - Rating yet to be done, should go down

After today's rating changes, it is clear that the amount of 85+ rated players playing in the Championship is very small. Many of the ones that are left above 85 will likely see their rating decrease in the next day or so. Those that have been left above 85 are appearing regularly on the international scene; for example, Kevin Doyle, Stephen Hunt, James McFadden. Kevin Phillips is one that has escaped the rule which is more of a mystery to me. I don't think Phillips has done enough to keep his 86 rating and if Sylvan Ebanks-Blake doesn't deserve at 86 for his heroics for Wolves on the basis that Phillips is an 86 also, then I don't understand how SM have missed this. I mean, check their stats:

Phillips - 23 starts, 10 substitute appearances, 13 goals, 1 assist.

Ebanks-Blake - 39 starts, 3 substitute appearances, 24 goals, 5 assists.

If anything, these two ratings should swap, but I reckon Phillips - 84; SEB - 85 would be more reasonable. Hopefully they will change this as not all the changes have been made in the Championship.