• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Carlos Queiroz
    • Fabio Capello
    • Mark Hughes
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Steve Bruce
    • Roy Keane

Re: Fergie's successor?

Would be mad not to have Mourinho as first choice to be honest, just can't see who else would be good enough to replace Ferguson - there is only 2 or 3 that can possibly stand any chance

Out of the rest of that list the only other 2 I would like to see and who could do well are Bruce and O'Neill imo :)

I would be surprised if Mourinho got the job, I know he may want it, but I don't think he is the sort of person United are going to go for. Maybe he will be their manager at some point, but I don't think it will be when Sir Alex Ferguson quits.

Ancelotti - same reason as Mourinho. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Chelsea. I don't think Moyes will get the job, I think he would be best staying at Everton anyway.

Lippi, too old, I think. I really doubt it.

O'Neill - maybe. I think it would be a better option than Aston Villa, and maybe it would be a choice that people at United would view favourably (then again, it's United, and I hate them, so maybe I am wrong lol).

Keane, also maybe. But I think he would only get offered the job if he manages somewhere else first. I don't think that having just had about two or three years at Sunderland but nowhere else would stand him in good stead for the job. But, if he gets another job, and does well, then I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyway, I hate Man United and I hate Ferguson. I am really fed up of Sir Alex Ferguson and the way he is sometimes.

Mourinho has to be the most likely from that list, O'neill would also do a good job as i think he would get their respect straight away, and Bruce as a past player who is doing wonders with Wigan, especially in terms of finding talent from accross the world, ( Palacios, Valencia and Zaki ).

I doubt they would let Keane come with a mile of the Managers job after walking out at sunderland. And a lot of the others are quite old too, and getting toward the end of their careers, so will not be able to go on for much longer than Fergie anyway.

Finally on Moyes hasn't he just signed a long term contract....

Also to echo BenM I hate Man utd aswell and in fact would be delighted if it all came crumbling down once he left.

i think the manager after alex ferguson whoever it is will have a very hard job topping him so the manager after ferguson wont be so good.

The manager after the one who didnt do well will do well because he wont have a hard manager too go after if you know what i mean.

tbh id also like too see manu fall because it would be good for football and quite funny seeing them lose too like stoke 4-0!:D

Well it seems that most people would like Mourinho, but would he really be the right man? No I don't think so. Don't get me wrong I think he's a great manager but is he the right man for United after 20+ years of Alex... Most likely not, he will come in with a great deal of publicity, a lot of weight on his shoulders and if he doesn't get the results then it could be a very difficult time for him. Whatever the case, I couldn't see him at United for more than 2/3 years and tbh we need someone who will be loyal and serve us like Alex did. Mourinho would only be a short-term option.

So who do I think would be the man? David Moyes. What can you say about the man? Amazing for one. The job he done at Everton has been phenomenal with bare minimum finances. Now imagine what he could do with the cash United would have for him to spend. I think he would suit the job very well and could be a class manager for us. As for him signing a new contract... we all know that contracts are worthless in todays game, if United came knocking could you really see him not wanting the job or Everton stopping him going?

You have also got to believe that Alex will have a massive say in who will be his successor and I think after trying to get Moyes as his assistant a few years back it could be clear who would be his option. It will be sad to see Alex go though, one of the greatest managers ever. He may well bow out of the game very quickly, Darren says next season but how do we know he mightn't pack it in after this season, he will go very quick indeed.

Agree with Ken, Moyes is a great manager. IF you dont rate him take a look at Everton. Mourinho would be a great manager but i'm sure he said he'd stay with Inter until his contract ends.

Cantona as a future manager ? :D Wouldnt like to be on the end of his hairdryer treatment

I think Carlos Quieroz is in with a good shout of being the next Man Utd manager. He has already worked with Ferguson for a few years and you dont get anyone better to learn from than that. He will know how to get the best out of them too because he knows a majority of the players at the club already.

Has to be Jose "the Special One" Mourinho..

It would be a Dream come true atleast for me... Coz i think if there's anyone who can Keep up to the expectations or fill Fergi's Absence than it has to be Jose... No Doubt.

but Martin O'Neill wouldn't be a bad choice either but not sure if he's better than Jose.

But If for any reason [God Forbid] jose can't be the next Man utd manager than MARTIN O' Neill has to the be the Man...

i doubt manutd with their superclub status now will look anywhere outside a small group of elite coaches. from this list, the only people who stand a chance of getting the job are mourinho, lippi ancelotti and capello

lippi is the best coach on the list. but doesnt speak much english and never managed outside italy. ancelotti doesnt speak english and isnt planning to learn it either. as for capello, i think he might only manage another club side when he has failed with england, so i wouldnt think that far yet ........

so realistically mourinho i think will be favorite for the job. his quality and calibre matches that of united and clearly he wants to come back to the premiership. he even said he wants to manage manutd. taunt or for real, i think that s a fairly good hint.

I would have to say none of those listed......in my ideal world it would be Cantona or Giggs :)

Would it be stupid to have Giggs as a successor really? He's only 34 and he will become a manager?! :eek:

Cantona is a good choice, guys. But he said that he will not return to football after an interview(it was in the papers, long time ago) with a reporter. So there is a slim chance of Cantona being SAF's successor. However if he was appointed I would be shocked and naggy in the forums. :P

Would it be stupid to have Giggs as a successor really? He's only 34 and he will become a manager?! :eek:

Cantona is a good choice' date=' guys. But he said that he will not return to football after an interview(it was in the papers, long time ago) with a reporter. So there is a slim chance of Cantona being SAF's successor. However if he was appointed I would be shocked and naggy in the forums. :P[/quote']

he's 35 actually.....but age aside how many people know Man Utd better than Giggs?....and he's already working towards his coaching licence...by the time he's in his 40's he could be ideal but he's more likely to be a youth or reserve team coach first....one thing for sure he's definately commited to staying with them.....I saw a TV interview with Cantona towards the end of last year where he was asked would he coach United if asked.....he said he would love to!

I would have to say none of those listed......in my ideal world it would be Cantona or Giggs :)

In the future yes, yes, YES! But now, no way. I would rather see both of them manage a lower league side first and gain experience that way. You will find that you will get a much better manager this way. All the top managers today have almost all nearly started at the bottom and worked their way up.

In the future I would love to see one in charge, but now to have your 1st job at one of the biggest clubs in the world just wouldn't work because the fans are used to some amount of success and if either couldn't give it, it could ruin their reputation for life.

I still stand by my successor, David Moyes.

Eric Cantona

Reports say that he might be returning to football, but that will be in the future, maybe but who knows?

I don't see him as SAF's successor, but if he does return in the future I he needs to start managing a lower league side first, so that he will gain some experience in managing.

Ryan Giggs is ideal enough, but he needs to be coaching lower league sides like Cantona to gain more experience. However, Giggs maybe SAF's successor but he needs more experience.

I still on stand by on my choice, Fabio Capello.