English Championship 742 Match Reports/Transfer News

Re: English Championship 742 Match Reports/Transfer News

Oh' date=' but aren't threads supposed to do just that? :P Attract people to join the setup! :)[/quote']

well its worked for me, now ive joined with Sheffield Wed, looking to rebuild the enitre squad into a title-winning machine :)

might do some match reports

crystal_palace_logo.jpg

Vagner Love Continues to Work His Magic

Brazilian striker Silva Vagner Love has continued his impressive start on-loan at Crystal Palace, slotting home a first minute winner for The Eagles against Blackburn Rovers to sit in 4th place on the division 2 ladder.

Love, who scored twice in their win against Reading, leaped high over the defence to head past Brad Friedel after a brilliant cross from Joseba Llorente found the lonee from Manchester United.

Rovers were lucky to be 1-0 down at half-time, with Palace firing wave after wave at their defence. The Eagles couldnt improve their lead and had to settle for the 1-0 win.

Portsmouth v Sheffield Wednesday

Division 1 - Saturday 4 Apr 2009

Fratton Park (20,688) Attendance - 18,712

Referee- Darren Deadman

1000000841.jpg VS sheffield-wednesday.png

0:

Kick-Off

2: The ball crashes against the bar and Henk TIMMER has to be at full stretch for the rebound

4: GOAL!! - Leite ADRIANO smashes it with venom into the roof of the net!

5: Before Mamadou NIANG shot could nestle in the corner of the net it is clattered away at full stretch for a corner!

6: A poor finish by Stewart DOWNING

8: Carlos TEVEZ try from 15 yards is a false dawn, as it slips past the keepers near post!

10: Creative instincts by Kahveci NIHAT forces the defender to head out for a corner

11: A fumbled pass by **** Bouba DIOP goes out of play

12: Stewart DOWNING plays a long ball forward

14: The shot is hit goal bound but into the arms of Matteo GIANELLO

18: Matteo GIANELLO saves tremendously to deny the opposition a goal!

19: BOOKED - Henrique FABIO SIMPLICIO dives in the box for a penalty, the ref is having none of it and issues a yellow card

22: The keeper comes roaring off his line and clatters with Alessandro GAMBERINI sending the ball wide

23: Stewart DOWNING places a left foot shot wide from twenty five yards out

26: BOOKED - Stewart DOWNING takes out his man with his forearm and results in a yellow card

27: John UTAKA heads onto the roof of the goal

29: **** Bouba DIOP takes control of the ball and looks up for the pass

31: Matteo GIANELLO parries away a curling shot

36: BOOKED - The ref cautions Leite ADRIANO after a high challenge

39: A lovely ball falls to Stewart DOWNING but he shoots wide

40: After a scramble in the box Henk TIMMER pounces on the loose ball

43: Mamadou NIANG darts down the wing with little interference from the opposition

45:

Half Time

50: BOOKED - A yellow card is given to Owen HARGREAVES after dangerous play

52: GOAL!! - Owen HARGREAVES finds himself in yards of space and he makes no mistake from 15 yards!

53: An easy chance by Carlos TEVEZ goes begging

56: As the defenders dither with the loose ball in the box Kahveci NIHAT pops up but blasts wide

64: GOAL!! - A brilliant long range shot is blocked by the keeper only for John UTAKA to finish! What a poachers goal!

71: Jérôme ROTHEN hits a shot that is cleared off the line

74: A clear crisp strike by Stewart DOWNING hits the side netting!

77: With an open goal Owen HARGREAVES shot blazes over the bar! No wonder he's looking at the ground!

78: A beautiful overhead kick by Robin VAN PERSIE, just goes over the crossbar!

80: A mix up in the defence allows Jason TALBOT to hammer his shot over

81: A low shot from Gonçalves ANDRE DIAS is palmed away by the keeper

82: An ambitious 30 yard drive from Robin VAN PERSIE shoots over the bar

85: GOAL!! - Using his blistering pace Carlos TEVEZ leaves the defenders in his wake and chips the keeper with aplomb!

86: Henk TIMMER dives low tremendously well to his right to stop the shot

87: Stewart DOWNING has his head in his hands, after he blasts wide infront of an open goal!!!!

88: An accurate pass falls to Owen HARGREAVES who crosses it into the box

89: BOOKED - Holmar Orn EYJOLFSSON is booked for an off-the-ball incident

90:

Full Time

SO THE NEW PORTSMOUTH MANAGER STARTS HIS FIRST GAME WITH A WIN,NOW HE HOPES TO GET A TOP 7 FINISH HE SAID FTER THE MATCH

Sheffield Wednesday complete signing of German International

andreas_beck.jpg

Andreas Beck, 22, on Sunday completed the move to newly promoted Sheffield Wednesday after they fought off interest from Wolverhampton for the talented German's signature. Beck said of the move, "Sheffield Wednesday are a strong club with a new manager, who are progressing forward. I hope to be part of this club in the coming years as we build to be a force in the Premier League. He will immediately be rushed into the right side of defence in the hope of a better defesive performance than in the 2-2 draw against Portsmouth.

In other news, Wednesday have also completed the loan signing of da silva melo Gilberto from Liverpool until the end of the season, in an attempt to shore up the left side of defence until a replacement can be found.

PORTSMOUTH DUMPED OUT OF THE CUP BY WEST HAM ON PENALTIES

1000000841.jpg

English Shield Round 2 - Monday 6 Apr 2009

Upton Park (35,647) Attendance - 34,360

West Ham United 2 - 2 Portsmouth

west ham win on penalties

IN OTHER NEWS PORTSMOUTH SIGN THE 17 YEAR OLD ITALIAN FEDIRICO MACHEDA AFTER MANCHESTER UNITED RELEASED THE PLAYER.

THE FEE WAS A WHOOPING 5 MILLION.AFTER THE DEAL WAS COMPLETED FEDIRCO HAD THIS TO SAY "IM VERY EXITED TO BE WITH SCUH A BIG CLUB, I BELIEVE I CAN DO WELL WITH THIS CLUB AND I CANT WAIT TO GET STARTDED.ALSO PORTSMOUTH COMPLETE THE SIGNING OF 3 OTHER PLAYERS,DAVID ALBEADA,DAVID TREZEGUET AND DARIJO SRNA. THE MANAGER HAD THIS TO SAY "WE NEEDED MORE EXPERIENCE THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT THESE 3 THEY WILL BRING MORE EXPERIENCE AND QUALITY"

NEW ARRIVALS

14435.jpg

trezeguet.jpg48893.jpgDavid_Albelda.jpg

Welcome mate. A couple of forumers are already settling in this so it should be fun. I would love to loan you players but I have a bare bones squad at the moment so I can't' date=' sorry :)

All the best with Blackburn.[/quote']

i had a look at your squad and your right about bare bones lol i have just put a bid in for a couple of players who im expecting to rise which could help me. my strikers arent the greatest so i might play in a 5-4-1 formation with di natale up top if the deal comes through.

English Premier League Match Result

Portsmouth send Arsenal back to bottom 4

gun__1214905692_ground_arsenal_day.jpg "Emirates was close to a full house"

98px-Portsmouth_FC_crest_2008.pngPortsmouth 1-0 Arsenal _41358945_arsenal_150.gif

Division 1 - Wednesday 8 Apr 2009

Attendance - 60,347

Referee -Andy Hall

H TIMMER

J CICINHO-D SRNA-S DISTIN-D BONERA

D ALBELDA

R TADDEI------------------N KRANJCAR

D TREZEGUET--C TEVEZ

R VAN PERSIE

M ROGERIO CENI

K TOURE --G ZAMBROTTA--I CORDOBA--W GALLAS

M AMBROSINI

T WALCOTT---C FABREGAS--S ROBINHO

S ETO'O---R VAN NISTELROOY

Portsmouth steal a late win from arsenal as carlos tevez pulls off a man of the match perfomance again.the match was all square until 15 mins form the end when Bonera when on a amazing run and shot from 20 yards out to score a belter, it was a fantastic shot Rogerio Ceni had no chance in saving it.

After the match the portsmouth manager had this to say " Im delighted with the win, every one thought this was going to be a one sided game but we came here looking for at least a draw but left with all three point's,today's performance was exellent the likes of Kranjcar,Trezeguet and Bonera played fantastic not forgetting the man of the match Carlos Tevez he was truly outstanding today,also our defence and mildfield did well to keep the likes of Eto'o,Robhino,Fabregas,Walcott and Van nistelrooy out of the game.Hopefully we can go to our next game with the confidence we took from this game and get a win,I also want to thank Mr Caleb for giving Carlos Tevez the chance to get first team football".

William_Gallas_280x_441703a.jpg"William Gallas after the game"

• 2 weeks later...