Shinji Kagawa - 20 years old Talented Japanese

• 1 month later...

Re: Shinji Kagawa - 20 years old Talented Japanese

Found this on Skysports...

Japan's rising star Shinji Kagawa is set for trial stints with Barcelona and Real Madrid.

According to reports in the Far East, the 20 year-old is considering offers to train with the Primera Liga giants, subject to approval from his club Cerezo Osaka.

"The Spanish league is my favourite. The attacking mentality suits my style," Kagawa said on Nikkan Sports.

"My dream is to play in the Champions League one day, so this is a great opportunity."

The skilful midfielder made his debut for the national team last May and has gone on to earn eight more caps for the Blue Samurai.

Regarded as the country's top young talent, Kagawa is backed by Cerezo club president Nobuyoshi Fujita to make it big in Europe.

"We will definitely consider any offers that we believe will benefit him," he said.

"It is a dream of his to play overseas. He has our full support."

Besides Barcelona and Real, Espanyol and Atletico Madrid are also reportedly monitoring the player's progress.

• 1 month later...

Great player, certainly will be a big player for Japan throughout his career. I'd like to see him go Espanyol out of the clubs interested in him, as he wouldn't get enough starts at the other three clubs.

He's played 20 games this season scoring 13 times.

Great player' date=' certainly will be a big player for Japan throughout his career. I'd like to see him go Espanyol out of the clubs interested in him, as he wouldn't get enough starts at the other three clubs.

He's played 20 games this season scoring 13 times.[/quote']

A fantastic record for a youngster, but it's like the 'Dutch' situation.

Alfonso Alves = 31 goals in Holland

Alfonso Alves = 2 goals in England

What I'm saying is that the kid needs more time in his own country, surrounded by supporters until he's ready for the big move to Europe. One or two seasons premature this move.

• 3 years later...