Re: Gerrard VS Xavi

I think Gerrards position should change from CM/AM to Mid maybe :rolleyes: ....' date='

well in some ways I do see Xavi as a 97 but at Barcelona there is Eto'o(96), Messi(97) and Xavi(96) people think all of these players should get +1 rise but I can't see it happening to all of them Barcelona Imagen a team with 97,97 and 98 I couldn't see that happening and I don't think Barcelona are that good I think only bias Barcelona fans would see it as that:D.[/quote']

I don't think Barcelona are THAT good, don't get me wrong they're in the top 3 best teams in the world but to have a 98 and 2 97's is pretty far. But SM rate players not teams so don't rule it out. Xavi was the most influential player in a Euro 2008 spanish national team and at Barcelona other than Messi, I don't rate Eto'o that highly, he'll score a goal and that is it, he does nothing for build up play but he scores goals so he'll get 97. As for Messi, frankly if he doesn't get 98 SM really need to make a life choice because Messi is just unbelievably good and a future 99 I think.

I don't think Barcelona are THAT good' date=' don't get me wrong they're in the top 3 best teams in the world but to have a 98 and 2 97's is pretty far. But SM rate players not teams so don't rule it out. Xavi was the most influential player in a Euro 2008 spanish national team and at Barcelona other than Messi, I don't rate Eto'o that highly, he'll score a goal and that is it, he does nothing for build up play but he scores goals so he'll get 97. As for Messi, frankly if he doesn't get 98 SM really need to make a life choice because Messi is just unbelievably good and a future 99 I think.[/quote']

Barcelona have:

The Best Player (Messi)

The Best Goalscorer now (Eto'o)

The Best Playmaker (Xavi)

So I don't see whats wrong with them having these players rated appropriately, and also I am not a Barca fan. Iniesta is also deserving of a Rise to 96. This all from Madrid standpoint.

Barcelona have:

The Best Player (Messi)

The Best Goalscorer now (Eto'o)

The Best Playmaker (Xavi)

So I don't see whats wrong with them having these players rated appropriately' date=' and also I am not a Barca fan. Iniesta is also deserving of a Rise to 96. This all from Madrid standpoint.[/quote']

There is absolutely nothing wrong with them having those ratings that is what I was saying after all. I'm just saying there is a very very very small chance that Barca could win nothing this season, it's small but it's there and for a team that wins nothing to have a 98 and 2 97's with a few 96's is quite unfair. Messi is the best player, Xavi is the best playmaker and if you base best goalscorer purely on number of goals and not variety and importance then yeah Eto'o is the best goalscorer. So you see, I'm not disputing that they deserve the ratings, it's just that they could stil end the season trophiless and then people will complain that a team that wins nothing recieves such high ratings.

nah he wasn't cleared of all charges. he was cleared of assault but he's still being charged with affray. which' date=' identically is the same reason joey barton ended up behind bars for a few months[/quote']

joey barton ended up in jail for common assault and affray, not affray

and to answer this question for the 1,000,000 time, they both deserve a 97

Xavi and Gerrard play in Different roles, they not only play in Different positions but they have different jobs. Gerrards much more attacking than Xavi. Gerrard's Probably the Best AM in the world at the moment and Xavi is Probably the best CM in the World. on another topic Gerrard's for me better and more influential than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a 98 rating for 1 good season and one outstanding season in the premier league and not For his National Performances. Ronaldo has scored goals this season but in some games you dont see him till he does score and when they're losing(not that it happens often) he's nowhere to be seen. Gerrard is amazing every season for Liverpool and the heart and soul of their team. Although i think Gerrard is one of the best players in the world i dont think he can rise; Messi's better than him and until Messi Reaches a 99 which wont happen until maybe next season if he continues his performances, Gerrard shouldnt rise.

• 2 weeks later...

but if you watch those videos you could never imagine either one ine each others videos!!

let me think...

steven gerrard helping out his family... gave his mother a £700k flat, bought his dad a nice house and a nice car, looks after his brothers financially - just because he doesnt still live with his parents aged 28 doesnt mean that he's less of a man than xavi

steven gerrard in the local community... does a lot of good work around huyton that he doesnt draw attention to, helped fund a place at a kids hospital so that parents who have sick kids have a nearby place to stay for free and does a lot of work for local charities, especially kids charities and places like alder hey

but hey, he got arrested for something that happened in a bar and even though he hasnt been convicted of a thing lets throw enough mud and hope that it sticks :rolleyes:

all ive got to say is look at gerrard in the champions league, essien did a number on him. gerrard stopped making his runs and looked completly disinterested. NO ONE can mark xavi out of a game, hes a much cleverer player and plays better football. there should at least be parity, and if you look at the opta stats in the premier league website, you will see there are player who are rated in the 80's with a better opta score than gerrard, IMO he is at least 1 point overrated and i wouldn't even pick him over lampard in my midfield.

I forgot how SM judge ratings on the players' private lives :rolleyes:

You're making a stupid argument.

as discussed former in the posts, if you cared to look, people were saying that they are so similar at ability in their respective positions there is almost

no way of sayings whose better so personality and international appearances came into the argument

also i don't remember saying xavi should be a higher rating due to this, ya as a matter of fact i said nothing of the like so what are you even on about?

let me think...

steven gerrard helping out his family... gave his mother a £700k flat' date=' bought his dad a nice house and a nice car, looks after his brothers financially - just because he doesnt still live with his parents aged 28 doesnt mean that he's less of a man than xavi

steven gerrard in the local community... does a lot of good work around huyton that he doesnt draw attention to, helped fund a place at a kids hospital so that parents who have sick kids have a nearby place to stay for free and does a lot of work for local charities, especially kids charities and places like alder hey

but hey, he got arrested for something that happened in a bar and even though he hasnt been convicted of a thing lets throw enough mud and hope that it sticks :rolleyes:[/quote']

i never said that xavi was a better man

my main point stemmed from me thinking that their are too many egos involved in soccer these days and players are all about money and not about soccer

gerrard and xavi are both not like that, but xavi is more down to earth and doesnt think as highly of himself

oh and dont go quoting gerrard in some interview like that one where zidane had said he was the best player in the world, he obviously has to be modest in those situations

remember it had already been established how close they were, and in this situation again they are very close, im not saying Gerrard is the polar opposite, im just saying that xavi nips it in terms of being a better representative as he has no scandals around him.

my main point stemmed from me thinking that their are too many egos involved in soccer these days and players are all about money and not about soccer

gerrard and xavi are both not like that' date=' but xavi is more down to earth and doesnt think as highly of himself

oh and dont go quoting gerrard in some interview like that one where zidane had said he was the best player in the world, he obviously has to be modest in those situations

remember it had already been established how close they were, and in this situation again they are very close, im not saying Gerrard is the polar opposite, im just saying that xavi nips it in terms of being a better representative as he has no scandals around him.[/quote']

Word Word Word

all ive got to say is look at gerrard in the champions league' date=' essien did a number on him. [/quote']

gerrard had a groin injury, hence his drop in performance. and gerrard's record in the champions league over the past 5 years far, far outweighs one injury-affected performance

NO ONE can mark xavi out of a game

has been done before' date=' maybe your selective memory is affecting you?

really? lets look back...

we know who the better role model and representative for respective clubs and football in general is

think you've contradicted yourself bigtime there

remember it had already been established how close they were' date=' and in this situation again they are very close, im not saying Gerrard is the polar opposite, im just saying that xavi nips it in terms of being a better representative as he has no scandals around him.[/quote']

what happens off the pitch does not (and should not) have any impact on SM ratings - should cristiano ronaldo drop because of his conduct off the field in the past few years (reckless driving, rape allegations, using prostitutes with teammates, trying to engineer a move away from his club, publicly saying that 'if the other portugal players tried as much as him they wouldnt be in a mess')? no, and neither should it affect the ratings for any other player, and of course the incident about gerrard that you refer to hasnt led to any conviction, so it could all end up being a fuss about nothing...

think you've contradicted yourself bigtime there

?

since when is being a better man solely about being a better representative for your club

what happens off the pitch does not (and should not) have any impact on SM ratings - should cristiano ronaldo drop because of his conduct off the field in the past few years (reckless driving' date=' rape allegations, trying to engineer a move away from his club, publicly saying that 'if the other portugal players tried as much as him they wouldnt be in a mess')? no, and neither should it affect the ratings for any other player, and of course the incident about gerrard that you refer to hasnt led to any conviction, so it could all end up being a fuss about nothing...[/quote']

i never said it should affect the ratings or any of this should affect ratings

then why bring it up in a debate about their ratings?

because there ratings have already been established and agreed and now i thought id try to raise a debate on something else about them, which i did

anyway lets agree that there both good role models we just dont agree which one is more

and lets agree there both 97's?

because there ratings have already been established and agreed and now i thought id try to raise a debate on something else about them' date=' which i did[/quote']

but its irrelevant though!

anyway lets agree that there both good role models we just dont agree which one is more

and lets agree there both 97's?

i agree 100% with the above