Re: England vs Slovakia

I'm one of the many millions that don't have Setanta, so my overriding feeling on the day is that it's disgusting that 'our' national team plays on anything but a terrestrial channel. As a Manchester United fan, I can understand and swallow the role of finance within the game, but couldn't the bods in London at least display a conscience when it comes to televising our national team?

I'm one of the many millions that don't have Setanta' date=' so my overriding feeling on the day is that it's disgusting that 'our' national team plays on anything but a terrestrial channel. As a Manchester United fan, I can understand and swallow the role of finance within the game, but couldn't the bods in London at least display a conscience when it comes to televising our national team?[/quote']Agree 100 per cent.At least if its on BBC people can watch it but Setanta have the rights.

This season has been the worst for Sky Sports viewers as half the decent games are on blumin Setanta

Its only bad for the people who have SkySports and are used to them having every game B) I have Setanta and i dont see a problem. You cant have all the matches on Sky! :P

I have a full Sky package but it's really not about Sky or Setanta mate. It's about everybody being able to watch the national team. There's not a person in this world that could convince me England internationals should be on anything but the terrestrial channels (1 to 5).

I have a full Sky package but it's really not about Sky or Setanta mate. It's about everybody being able to watch the national team. There's not a person in this world that could convince me England internationals should be on anything but the terrestrial channels (1 to 5).

I thought ITV and Setanta had rights to England matches, but Setanta did the away games while ITV did the home games. Or has that changed?

I do agree with the last sentence though as I have only freeview, no Sky apart from SSN and a couple of others. No Setanta either.

Luckily I have an expansive TV package but jokes aside, it is despicable that the national team of our beloved national game isn't on the nation's true broadcasters: the BBC. I'd begrudgingly accept ITV or Channel 4 but Sky is pushing it and Setanta is an insult.

Got full sky package and setanta at me student house happy days :D lol. Didnt actually watch it' date=' i planned to, but slept all day :o From what i read and saw clips off wasnt a great game was it ?[/quote']

The first ten minutes were good because England started really well. The game went dead after that imo. Livened up a bit when Rooney scored his first.

The England home qualifiers are on 1-5 and BBC/ITV have a highlights package for the away ones. Everyone can see England one way or another. Plus im sure it will be on a website like this: http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/

Oh I know what they're on. I just think that every live England game should be exclusive to terrestrial tv. Every single person in this country should be able to watch the national team play live; not forgetting, a lot of kids can't afford, or make the decision, to subscribe to Sky or Setanta.

Oh I know what they're on. I just think that every live England game should be exclusive to terrestrial tv. Every single person in this country should be able to watch the national team play live; not forgetting' date=' a lot of kids can't afford, or make the decision, to subscribe to Sky or Setanta.[/quote']

Hear Hear!!!

Widdy