Fed Up With Glory Supporters!

OK, we all know who the top teams in the world are: Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Bayer Munich. These teams are the best teams around, and all have the best players in the world playing for them, but how much money would you put on most of their fans (75%) being "Glory Supporters"?

I'd put my whole bank on it!

And this is what my rant is about, people supporting the big teams, and not supporting their local teams.

As most of you know, I'm a Derby fan, and I love My Derby very much, and I love going to see them week in week out at Pride Park Stadium. I was brought up in Derby also, until we moved to Leicestershire, so overall, I'm Derby through and through.

When I moved to Leicestershire, I was expecting abit of banter with Leicester fans, but when i got their, there was 1 person out of 100 people who was a Leicester City supporter, the rest were Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal fans etc.

For me, I find this absolutely disgusting, and it shows the dominance which the top 4 has on everyone.

I hate it how these so called "fans" think they know everything about their team, when they actually have not a clue about them whatsoever, so why support them? just because they win every single week!

Thats what its all about though, win win win win win!

I Sat through a year, without winning anything! It was absolute pain for me, and here's these guys, who have never been to a football match ever in there lives, supporting a team which wins all the time!

I have lots and lots of respect for people who support their local teams, and you really have to have a very big heart if you support a smaller team.

A classic example: George, Toggs and Atkin: Exeter, Yeovil and Northampton - You have got to have darn right balls to support teams like them, and I have the most upright respect of all 3 of them. They are what you call proper fans.

Also, I find these "fans" soo arrogant! repetively saying "your teams rubbish", when they have never even went to a football match in their entire lives to see a team play, because the ground is too far away, well, maybe if you supported your local team, then the ground wouldn't be as far away would it?!?!

I also find that they judge you in what league you are in, for example, Munt was saying in chat "I wouldn't support any of my local teams, they are all in the championship fgs".

For me, that is further than pathetic, it really really is, and rather offensive to people who support teams in the CC C.

This isn't a rant to try and win over the glory hunter's, to support their local team, its just to try and get a little bit more respect, as the people who support there local team, deserve alot more respect than what we have now!

Rant Over, Over to you

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Fed Up With Glory Supporters!

Re: Fed Up With Glory Supporters! For me, football is about moments. I love that I was there to see the Albion lift our first divisional trophy in donkeys years and a ton of other similar stuff. But

Re: Fed Up With Glory Supporters! I said it before..................A Glory Supporter is NOT someone who 'supports' a team from another location over his/her local team. If you want an example of a

Well i was born in Aldershot but almost everyone in my whole family was from Manchester and it just came upon me.Don't get me wrong Aldershot are my second favourite team but i couldn't help supporting Man U when you have a mum a dad two brothers and loads of other relatives who love Man u.I have only watched 5 Man U games my whole life because i find it hard to get tickets then travel at 7:00 AM for like 5 hours.

I saved up my pocket money for half a year to see 3 United games.

You may call me a glory supporter but TBH i can't help it

Explain' date=' how does that make you a glory supporter?[/quote']

what? you want an explanation of a Glory Hunter?

Glory Hunter: A person who lives no where near the team they support, and only thinks about winning.

There ya go.

Glory Hunter: A person who lives no where near the team they support' date=' and only thinks about winning.

There ya go.[/quote']

Am i one.Bearing in mind as soon as i was born my Dad stuck a man u shirt on me

Couldnt Agree With You More support City as everyone knows tyes we have the biggest ups and downs from my visit to Wemebley to Bein Extremely Rich but it does my head in how most united fans arent even from manchester how they glory support nad my mates who are united fans cant get a ticket cause the prawn sandwich brigade are in front of them

well' date=' you can't really do note about that can ya, Was your Dad from Manchester?[/quote']Yep all my family was part from my cousin who had never been out of Aldershot all of his life and he bought me an aldershot shirt but my dad put me Man U one on which sorta made me support Man U.I have pics with my Aldershot and my Man U one

If i had the choice i might have gone for Aldershot but dad made the decision for me

Yep all my family was part from my cousin who had never been out of Aldershot all of his life and he bought me an aldershot shirt but my dad put me Man U one on which sorta made me support Man U.I have pics with my Aldershot and my Man U one

If i had the choice i might have gone for Aldershot but dad made the decision for me

Well tbf' date=' if your family is actually from Manchester, then that is fair enough.

Know what you mean Sam, everyone in my College takes the pee out of me because i support BCFC..while they support, Man Utd, Arsenal..etc, atleast i support my local team.

Exactly, at least you support your local team, it really annoys me how they just look down at you and they have never even seen their team even play a football match in a proper stadium.

I agree whole-heartedly with Sam there. Glory Hunters ruin the game of football imo, because it takes all the passion out of supporting your local club through the highs and lows.

I've noticed in Norwich, that sales of Manchester City shirts have quadrupled, and I think thats appalling. The same happened when Chelsea became the "Top Team" in England and was the same with Manchester United before that.

Pathetic.

Well tbf' date=' if your family is actually from Manchester, then that is fair enough.

Exactly, at least you support your local team, it really annoys me how they just look down at you and they have never even seen their team even play a football match in a proper stadium.[/quote']

Everytime i try and talk about a team in the Premier League they say "You can't talk about the Premier League because your team isn't in it..."

Exactly, at least you support your local team, it really annoys me how they just look down at you and they have never even seen their team even play a football match in a proper stadium.[/quote']Yeah i would be in Manchester now but my dad got posted to Wales as he is in army.My mum has broken her leg twice in a year and Dad has been away a lot in Afgan and Iraq which limits my chances of going to games.I am a loyal Aldershot supporter too and have been to 8 games i go to charity runs at Aldershot.

I am like 65 per cent United 35 per cent The Shots

I have been labelled a glory hunter a few times, and a few times on this forum!

But I can confirm I live in Norwich and have been brought up here in East Anglia, but my Dad is from West London and he has pushed me into supporting Chelsea ever since I could remember. I still follow my local team Norwich City and I still probably go to about 1 in every 3 games so I kind of support them too..

But yeah sometimes there can be a lack of support for local teams, there are far too many Man United fans though..

Different for me, local team being Larne who are in Northern Ireland's second tier :P

I do support my local team but it's obviously not the same so I need a Premiership team, not really a Premiership team just an English team, Premiership is the obvious choice though. Saying that it wasn't really a choice as I can never actually remember not being a Liverpool fan.

I try to go to as many Liverpool games as I can but it really isn't easy and I usually only get to about 3-4 a year. I go to plenty of Larne games though ;)

Surely who you support is down to personal choice.

I support Chesterfield (my hometown club) but I have friends who, spend £15 - £20 more, and watch Sheffield United or Sheffield Weds, as these clubs are only 20 mins away by car and offer a higher grade of football (so they say)

Thing is, if I pay to watch something, then I want to make my own choice.

I fully understand where you are coming from and, it pains me to walk around Chesterfield and see all the Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea shirts and to know that Chesterfield FC need the money from shirt sales more than the top teams but, you pay your money and make your choice.

Widdy

Different for me' date=' local team being Larne who are in Northern Ireland's second tier :P

I do support my local team but it's obviously not the same so I need a Premiership team, not really a Premiership team just an English team, Premiership is the obvious choice though. Saying that it wasn't really a choice as I can never actually remember not being a Liverpool fan.

I try to go to as many Liverpool games as I can but it really isn't easy and I usually only get to about 3-4 a year. I go to plenty of Larne games though ;)[/quote']

Good aul Larne, to get an idea just how bad they are picture Man Utd vs your pub team, Well the Larne players would only make the pub teams bench :o

I am not going to go into the reasons of why i support Man United as i am already labelled a 'glory hunter' so trying to defend my decisions is just a waste of time :rolleyes:

Glory Hunter: A person who lives no where near the team they support' date=' and only thinks about winning.

There ya go.[/quote']

I don't even live in the same region as the team I support. And I support them, not because of success, but by default of their strips being sold on the Estate I grew up on. The strips will have been stolen from somewhere or other and, in all honesty, if they'd have been of a different club I'd probably have followed a different team. But that's just the way life happens sometimes.

Guest Football8

I really don't care if LFC or Real Madrid win or lose every single match of their lives from now on, I'd still support both from my heart. Real Madrid are doing so awful this season, I would of gone and supported another club or just supported Liverpool, but no, I will truely support both these teams from my heart. When I was small, I use to watch LFC games and Real Madrid ones as I like Spanish football, I just couldn't resist liking them both. In terms of local teams, mine is Nuneaton Town F.C, who got relegated 2 tiers from the conferance north from some reason, other than that its Cov, who no one really supports from whom I know, a few for now. :P

Well people would call me a glory supporter for supporting Man United, because I live in Ireland and rarely see them play. But TBH I don't care. I grew up to support United just like my Dad (who is Irish but worked in Manchester for years) and when your brought up like that, there isn't much you can do. I don't really support any local team in Ireland. Why? Because the standard of football is appalling. So I'm not offended to be called a glory supporter as I will keep supporting my team anyway.