Fed Up With Glory Supporters!

wozza

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Re: Fed Up With Glory Supporters!

You're braver than me' date=' and I live here!! :eek:

People try to class 'us' as being Hendon, BUT WE'RE NOT!! We're just unfortunate to be pegged in by it :o[/quote']

Wey aye, newt rang wi washy like. :D

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

WASHY? WASHY? :eek:

Do you take pleasure out of trawling the biggest holes in the north-east? The places you've mentioned in the last few posts would keep Ross Kemp busy for a few weeks! :D

It's funny you say that, because my primary school was in Fatfield, not sure whether you've heard of it. :D

Nah, I'm proud of being from the North-East, and I'll support Hartlepool to the very end. :)

It's funny you say that' date=' because my primary school was in Fatfield, not sure whether you've heard of it. :D

Nah, I'm proud of being from the North-East, and I'll support Hartlepool to the very end. :)[/quote']

Actually mate, Fatfield ain't too bad. How old are ya? Know a few people from round that way that's all

Just read the entire thread and had a nice chuckle. A real fan criticises a Man Utd fan for being a glory hunter. Classic:rolleyes:

This is also the thread where someone said I didn't support Leeds, dispite my 18 years of doing so. A good chuckle indeed.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Actually mate' date=' Fatfield ain't too bad. How old are ya? Know a few people from round that way that's all[/quote']

15. I also know a few unsavoury characters from Fatfield. :P

Because bolton and wigan are towns outsaide manchester and it just happens whoever raised him was a united fan and not city.

Bolton and Wigan are in Greater Manchester :confused: Yeah maybe not the city centre, where mainly it's Man City fans but they're still in the Manchester District. unlike Man Utd who come under Trafford, Stretford, Cheshire. There's more clubs in the mancunian area anyway, stockport, rochdale, bury, oldham, wigan, hyde united, droylsden.

I've grown up supporting Man City from a very early age, my JuniorBlue card which my dad enrolled me for dates back to September 5th 1993. So that's nearly 16 years. And i'm 16 years of age now, so i'm no glory supporter, unless it's definition has changed since what i believed it to be.

Bolton and Wigan are in Greater Manchester :confused: Yeah maybe not the city centre' date=' where mainly it's Man City fans but they're still in the Manchester District. unlike Man Utd who come under Trafford, Stretford, Cheshire. There's more clubs in the mancunian area anyway, stockport, rochdale, bury, oldham, wigan, hyde united, droylsden.

[b']I've grown up supporting Man City from a very early age, my JuniorBlue card which my dad enrolled me for dates back to September 5th 1993. So that's nearly 16 years. And i'm 16 years of age now, so i'm no glory supporter, unless it's definition has changed since what i believed it to be.[/b]

I recieved my new Liverpool September edition of clothes etc.

Under the baby section there was a nice little top that said - My dad taught me LFC as opposed to ABC in the little building blocks things.

That sums this up pretty well to me...

So your dad couldnt spell? :P

Aye His Dad should be ashamed the first three words he taught Ryan were LFC.

1.Should have been 4 Letters

3. A good Start is MUFC.

Joking

Okay Well I am Like Ryan.Live Quite Far away.The Family trait is Man United.Everyone Supports United.I go to 8+ games and this will go up if Cardiff or Swansea get promoted.(Come On)I Get all the Kits watch every game possible and TBH get into a few fights.(Liverpool Galore Down Here)

Believe it or not my dad was orginally gonna be in the Army for 8 years.After 7 Years He Bought a House in Manchester ready for when he left the Army.Then he got promoted and sgined on for another 14 years.Then we sold the house and now we are moving about the place.

I couldn't give a toss why anybody chooses to support a particular club, it's their choice. As long as they can hold a decent coversation about football then what does it really matter?

I met an Aussie who's over here on a gap year the other week who had a ridiculously good grasp of the game, and particularly Man Utd. Clearly he isn't going to come from a long line of Man Utd fans or have grown up on the Stretford End, but then why should that be a massive issue? He was passionate about the club and made some interesting points, I'd rather talk to someone like that who you could instantly dismiss as a 'glory' supporter rather than some fella who goes up every week but spends most of the game drinking himself into oblivion, leaves 10 minutes early and gets his opinions from whatever Andy Gray, or even worse Jamie Redknapp, say on Sunday afternoon.

Elitism like this really puzzles me, some of those that go away seem to think they're superior to those that only make home games. Home STH look down on armchair fans. Armchair fans with a handle on the clubs most active forum probably take the mickey out of the ones who rely on the local paper for info. Presumably it'll come to a point where someone will be conceived on the centre circle at Old Trafford and declare everyone else a 'Glory Supporter' because they didn't think to be created on the hallowed turf of their club.

I couldn't give a toss why anybody chooses to support a particular club' date=' it's their choice. As long as they can hold a decent coversation about football then what does it really matter?

I met an Aussie who's over here on a gap year the other week who had a ridiculously good grasp of the game, and particularly Man Utd. Clearly he isn't going to come from a long line of Man Utd fans or have grown up on the Stretford End, but then why should that be a massive issue? He was passionate about the club and made some interesting points, I'd rather talk to someone like that who you could instantly dismiss as a 'glory' supporter rather than some fella who goes up every week but spends most of the game drinking himself into oblivion, leaves 10 minutes early and gets his opinions from whatever Andy Gray, or even worse Jamie Redknapp, say on Sunday afternoon.

Elitism like this really puzzles me, some of those that go away seem to think they're superior to those that only make home games. Home STH look down on armchair fans. Armchair fans with a handle on the clubs most active forum probably take the mickey out of the ones who rely on the local paper for info. Presumably it'll come to a point where someone will be conceived on the centre circle at Old Trafford and declare everyone else a 'Glory Supporter' because they didn't think to be created on the hallowed turf of their club.[/quote']

I agree with you, just because I don't get to games (due to the travel and not being able to afford it) doesn't mean I love United more or less than anyone else. The only thing a person sat in the stretford end has over me is the phrase "I was there when" but so what, I've watched just about every game in the last 5 years on tv and internet anyway, I was there too, just with a better view and replays!

And tbh, if I had to put my knowledge to the test on my club, I dare say I'd hold my own on any period in Uniteds history, as like every good supporter does, I've read up, bought books on the history, read the autobiographies of players and managers past and present, and consider myself a knowledgeable supporter, and not, like you say, a person who gets his opinions from the pundits on TV.

I agree with you' date=' just because I don't get to games (due to the travel and not being able to afford it) doesn't mean I love United more or less than anyone else. The only thing a person sat in the stretford end has over me is the phrase "I was there when" but so what, I've watched just about every game in the last 5 years on tv and internet anyway, I was there too, just with a better view and replays!

And tbh, if I had to put my knowledge to the test on my club, I dare say I'd hold my own on any period in Uniteds history, as like every good supporter does, I've read up, bought books on the history, read the autobiographies of players and managers past and present, and consider myself a knowledgeable supporter, and not, like you say, a person who gets his opinions from the pundits on TV.[/quote']

Agreed, I get to the Chelsea games, but that dont make me a better fan than you. You could know more about footie than me, but that dont make you a bigger fan does it?

I agree with you' date=' just because I don't get to games (due to the travel and not being able to afford it) doesn't mean I love United more or less than anyone else. The only thing a person sat in the stretford end has over me is the phrase [b']"I was there when"[/b] but so what, I've watched just about every game in the last 5 years on tv and internet anyway, I was there too, just with a better view and replays!

And tbh, if I had to put my knowledge to the test on my club, I dare say I'd hold my own on any period in Uniteds history, as like every good supporter does, I've read up, bought books on the history, read the autobiographies of players and managers past and present, and consider myself a knowledgeable supporter, and not, like you say, a person who gets his opinions from the pundits on TV.

For me, football is about moments. I love that I was there to see the Albion lift our first divisional trophy in donkeys years and a ton of other similar stuff. But equally I've got cracking memories from the day we got promoted for the first time in 20-odd years, when I was just down the pub with mates, just like anyone else who couldn't be there has. I'm sure the people who were there for Utd's ridiculous CL win over Bayern will remember it as long as they live, but people who watched it on the box or at a pub or whatever will make their own memories. I'm just amazed at the snobbery some people have about it. It's not how you stumbled across the club, it's as you alluded to how much you care.

For me' date=' football is about moments. I love that I was there to see the Albion lift our first divisional trophy in donkeys years and a ton of other similar stuff. But equally I've got cracking memories from the day we got promoted for the first time in 20-odd years, when I was just down the pub with mates, just like anyone else who couldn't be there has. I'm sure the people who were there for Utd's ridiculous CL win over Bayern will remember it as long as they live, but people who watched it on the box or at a pub or whatever will make their own memories. I'm just amazed at the snobbery some people have about it. It's not how you stumbled across the club, it's as you alluded to how much you care.[/quote']

Its about moments, the astmosphere, losing on pens in the cup- no wonder its the best sport in the world.

Off topic: Can I just say what a cracking avatar you have got there. Roberto Di Matteo.

Its about moments' date=' the astmosphere, losing on pens in the cup- no wonder its the best sport in the world.

Off topic: Can I just say what a cracking avatar you have got there. Roberto Di Matteo.[/quote']

Aye, exactly. As gutted as I was at the time I'll always have a little chuckle when I think back to my brother having to limp back to the coach outside Wembley after kicking his seat at the final whistle in the playoff final. Just daft stuff like that, it's the lows that make the highs so enjoyable after all.

B) The man is unbelievably suave. He's certainly easier to look at than Tony Mowbray.

Aye' date=' exactly. As gutted as I was at the time I'll always have a little chuckle when I think back to my brother having to limp back to the coach outside Wembley after kicking his seat at the final whistle in the playoff final. Just daft stuff like that, it's the lows that make the highs so enjoyable after all.

B) The man is unbelievably suave. He's certainly easier to look at than Tony Mowbray.[/quote']

I live in the West Midlands now and I can rarely get to Chelsea games due to work, however I've seen us lift every cup from the Cup Winners Cup in 1998 to the Community Shield 2 weeks ago, I don't think anybody has the right to call anybody a glory supporter as they don't know why they support them half of the time.

I have been to every home Blades game for the past 4 seasons.. and about 100 or so home games before that.. I have been to many away games, from the FA Cup Semi Final at Old Trafford to Leyton Orient, from Wembley to Selhurst Park........ and many, many more..

Fellow supporters, who regularly attend games.. will understand the feeling.. Man Utd supporters who are qualifed to be Manchester United supporters because your Grandads Dog was born in Manchester will not.. So i don't envy you, infact i feel sorry for you :> So for that reason i couldn't give a poo about what you do :>

UTB!

I have been to every home Blades game for the past 4 seasons.. and about 100 or so home games before that.. I have been to many away games' date=' from the FA Cup Semi Final at Old Trafford to Leyton Orient, from Wembley to Selhurst Park........ and many, many more..

Fellow supporters, who regularly attend games.. will understand the feeling.. Man Utd supporters who are qualifed to be Manchester United supporters because your Grandads Dog was born in Manchester will not.. So i don't envy you, infact i feel sorry for you :> So for that reason i couldn't give a poo about what you do :>

UTB![/quote']

Aye I know how you feel, that's why the local fans will always have a better view and feeling towards football and all the aspects surrounding it.

I've not missed a single home game in all my 7 years as a season ticket holder, had an away season ticker for the past few seasons, but can't do that now because I have a job and I hate travelling around all over the country.