Fed Up With Glory Supporters!

wozza

Re: Fed Up With Glory Supporters!

that my whole point though mate' date=' you just posted a min ago agreeing with the thread.

BUT this thread (which I have disagrreed with from the start) is basically saying "you are" a glory supporter and not a proper fan of ANY of those 3 clubs.

And yes I am supporting Liverpool, but im not the one who agreed with this thread :)[/quote']

I've meant that I dislike the glory hunters, who like teams only while they're winning. I haven't said that either you or me are glory hunters. I agree with the problem, that there are too many glory hunters, but I disagree, that everyone who's not supporting their local team is a glory hunter. I hope I've made myself clear (because I didn't said I've agree with everything, but most. There's a difference)

I've meant that I dislike the glory hunters' date=' who like teams only while they're winning. I haven't said that either you or me are glory hunters. I agree with the problem, that there are too many glory hunters, but I disagree, that everyone who's not supporting their local team is a glory hunter. I hope I've made myself clear (because I didn't said I've agree with everything, but most. There's a difference)[/quote']

ah right, sorry mate I read your post wrong then :o

Yeah I fully agree with you then, Man Utd fans (obviously not all) are the best example of glory supporters due to the fact them come and go with success.

It's even funny in work places, they are all over with there shirts when winning, after a loss shirt = gone and apprach them you get "I aint in the mood to talk about football" :D

That's apparent on here as well as they either go for a bit or go on "invisible mode" so they read but dont post... but I can still see them being red :D

I support FC Barcelona and I also support Borussia Dortmund this is because I was born in Germany.

I live in Manchester, and there are hardly any Barca fans only know 2 since ive lived in manchester for 7 years and only met 2 barca fans....the rest are Arsenal,Manchester United(most) Manchester City, Aston Villa(guy came form birmingham),half celtic half man u,liverpool,etc

ah right' date=' sorry mate I read your post wrong then :o

Yeah I fully agree with you then, Man Utd fans (obviously not all) are the best example of glory supporters due to the fact them come and go with success.

It's even funny in work places, they are all over with there shirts when winning, after a loss shirt = gone and apprach them you get "I aint in the mood to talk about football" :D

That's apparent on here as well as they either go for a bit or go on "invisible mode" so they read but dont post... but I can still see them being red :D[/quote']

No offence taken ;) And I can say the same thing about my some people here - Chelsea, MU , Barca, RM "fans".

I always liked to see a true supporters, who don't care if their teams is winning everything and/or losing. I mean, I am pretty sure that a team like MU would lose 90% of their fan base if they'd get relegated...

they lose 90% of there fan base if they are losing' date=' so heaven forbid what would happen if they got relegated :P[/quote']

Ha! Well I, for one, would love to see MU there where Leeds is right now (and Leeds back in Premiership). Although then we'd prolly just say that about Arsenal, Chelsea or Leeds fans ;)

I always liked to see a true supporters' date=' who don't care if their teams is winning everything and/or losing. I mean, I am pretty sure that a team like MU would lose 90% of their fan base if they'd get relegated...[/quote']

I'm pretty sure a true supporter would care if his team is winning or losing! ;)

Yes' date=' I do. I do not just like teams for winning. I've chosen my teams a LONG time ago, since there were none around here (our federation appered later, then I've started to be interested in football) and also was a bit influenced by my family. I've supported those teams in good and bad terms and winning isn't the most important thing for me, so I don't consider myself as a glory hunter.

EDIT : Since I now got, that you prolly called me a glory hunter, cause I like 3 teams, I have only 1 favourite and the other 2 are my 2 more liked teams, but if they'd face my fav team, I wouldn't doubt for a sec.[/quote']

I never chose my team, I born up supporting them lol But my point was that this thread is directed at you and me basically...

I'd just like to add a bit more to this thread, after hearing something over the weekend which is relevant to this discussion.

I spoke to a good friend of mine who is currently living in Liverpool studying at University. I have known him a long long time and he has always been a Liverpool fan. Since moving to Liverpool in September 08 he has managed to get to 1 or 2 games at Anfield. I managed to catch up with him at the weekend when he told me he has a ticket in the Kop for Wednesday night's Champions League fixture against Chelsea. Whilst I was delighted for him, my immediate thoughts were spared for those who will have missed out on tickets despite probably deserving one more than your average casual fan.

The sad reality is that for alot of games like this, due to incompetence from the powers that be, tickets often get into the wrong hands, often people looking to cash in on the desperation of others. I believe this is how my friend purchased his ticket, via the black market for £45.

So how does this tie in with the 'Glory Supporters' thread? Well it's quite simple really. For every fan like my friend there is one other who will instead be watching in a pub or at home because they couldn't get a ticket. If you were in the unfortunate situation of not being able to obtain a ticket for this match despite being a born and bread Liverpudlian who regularly attends matches yet others who have only ever been once or twice, who have landed lucky and have managed to get a ticket, how would that make you feel?

As a die hard follower of my team, in situtations like this I always see it from the perspective of the regular match-going fans and I know how I would feel about missing out on a ticket.

There will be hundreds, possibly thousands of people inside Anfield on Wednesday night who don't deserve to be there as much as some watching at home. Even though I have nothing to do with LFC, that bugs me.

The sad thing is, the club wouldn't even care. You may say, oh well you can't please everyone. Correct, but surely looking after the real fans should be the priority. It is the responsibility of the club to make sure the tickets are distributed to the right people. I understand UEFA give out ridiculous amounts to various sponsors and it's alot of these tickets that end up on the black market which begs the question, rather than giving tickets to these idiots, why don't they give them to the clubs so they can be sold legally to the fans who most deserve them?

Whilst I was delighted for him' date=' my immediate thoughts were spared for those who will have missed out on tickets despite probably deserving one more than your average casual fan.[/quote']

i've heard some stories of people who've been to every CL game this season home and away who've missed out on this game - its not just uefa taking tickets but also the club selling the tickets on thomas cook as a 'match break' to the gloryseekers who cherry-pick their games for over £300 for a ticket and a night in a £50 travelodge on the wirral

I believe this is how my friend purchased his ticket' date=' via the black market for £45.[/quote']

he got a ticket for the game on the black market for £45???? the face value of a kop ticket is £36, and usually goes for a couple of hundred for a game of this magnitude (i'd guess on the day of the game they'll go outside the ground for around £300-400, possibly more) and on some of those online tout exchanges they're going for around £150-200 at the moment.

The sad thing is' date=' the club wouldn't even care. You may say, oh well you can't please everyone. Correct, but surely looking after the real fans should be the priority. It is the responsibility of the club to make sure the tickets are distributed to the right people.[/quote']

cannot agree more with this statement

I understand UEFA give out ridiculous amounts to various sponsors

1785 for the chelsea game minimum actually - the club get paid for 1135 of those tickets but when you consider that the number of tickets available for liverpool fans is around 42' date='000 (around 3,000 go for away fans) thats almost 5% of tickets going to the 'uefa football family' - whilst its bad for us i cant imagine how bad it would be for someone like villareal who's stadium is around 20k

[url']http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/download/regulations/uefa/others/70/22/60/702260_download.pdf[/url]

I'm pretty sure a true supporter would care if his team is winning or losing! ;)

lol. I think you've understood what I've meant (that a fan must stay loyal' date=' when his team is both successful and unsuccessful) :D

I never chose my team, I born up supporting them lol But my point was that this thread is directed at you and me basically...

I've got ya. But there are few points that I'd like to make :

1) I am a bit different, because I couldn't choose a local team back then and most of you could ;)

2) I've agreed with most of stuff, but not all of it. I guess I should've pointed out that I count people as glory hunters only who change the teams their cheering for depending on their success. There might be a local glory hunter and a true fan, who lives far away.

And sorry that I've misunderstood what you've tried to point at first ;)

I'm a United fan me :D

But I have a lot of resepect for other teams and hold no grudges... maybe I do against Liverpool and their come backs.... just how do they do it? :P

I respect Moyes and O'Neill... two of the top ten managers in the world in my opinion.. currently anyway :P

But yeah...

United B)

That postcode thing yh..the nearest football teams near my postcode in order are:

Man City

Stockport County

Man Utd

Oldham

Bury

Rochdale

Macclesfield

Bolton

Wigan

Huddersfield.

Lol dint kno bury and oldham were that near

Don't see Barcelona on that list :P

My nearest was Southampton, but i knew that anyway.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Interestingly, Plymouth Argyle's stadium is the furthest away from my house - 328.60 miles, to be precise. :D

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

1.37 miles Hartlepool United Football Club

7.88 miles Middlesbrough Football Club

16.39 miles Sunderland AFC

The top 10 football clubs near me are apparently:

Gillingham Football Club,

Southend United Football Club,

Colchester United Football Club,

Dagenem & Redbridge Football Club,

Charlton Athletic Football Club,

West Ham United Football Club,

Crystal Palace Football Club,

Millwall Football Club,

Ipswich Town Football Club,

Leyton Orient Football Club.

i fnk that de thread starter was off his head

just becuase u live out of an are doesnt mean u cant supporta top 4 team

i fnk dat he is angry coz his team got relegated n arent as popular as man u r.

i fnk ur jst havin a rant for de fun of it m8 its a pointless thing

no-nes gna stop supporting a team because you've told em to