Paul Robinson (GK)

dantheman90

Hi everyone

Recently ive been thinking about Paul Robinson (of Blackburn Rovers) and his rating. We all know he used to be at Spurs, and he was rated 91 until he made the few blunders (for club and country) causing him to be dropped and eventually replaced which I think was completely unfair against him. Nevertheless his rating dropped from 91-> 89.

Now I know Blackburn are 17th, one place above safety, but Robbo isn't in the form that earned him a 2 point drop anymore is he? I haven't seen many blackburn games this season, but there would obviously be a mention on it on MotD and other programmes if it was still an issue.

What i'm trying to say is, I think he is playing better than the form that earned him his 2 point drop so in that sense should rise 1, but due to Blackburn's struggle to stay in the league, i think the rise is probably impossible and he has done enough to stay.

What does everyone else think? Rise, drop or stay?

Re: Paul Robinson (GK)

maybe drop but should stay :

sell him now however because his rating is only going down as he is now virtually kicked out NT for england so i would sell him as soon as possible

hope this helps

thanks.

have you seen him play much? Has anyone seen him regularly and could tell me how he is doing?

I can't really get rid of him until a bit after these changes, but im pretty hopeful he wont drop.

I have to disagree with the above post. He has been brilliant this season, and if he was out a club in the top-half, then I could see him hitting 90. But as it is Blackburn are fighting relegation and he'll stay at 89.

And as for the NT, Capello is changing things every game. Saying Robbo is out of the setup for good is the same as saying Owen is as well, and Capello has made it clear that there is still a spot open for Owen if he plays well enough.

As a Rovers fan, I've seen seen him play. I'd say he'll drop by 1 or stay the same. He looks unconvining at courners and has let goals in that could be saved and in our season we've seen quite a few 4-0 thrashings but that may be because of the defenders in front. He also hasn't been picked England. However since the joining of BFS his performance is improving. It just depends on how much you like him as player. IMO there are better keepers you could buy.