Ricardo Grey - The new "Larsson" signs for Porto

So, today I return with fresh news: yesterday Porto signed one of the most promising Swedish players, Ricardo Grey, beating Arsenal, Manchester United and Az Alkmaar for his services. Which partially surprises me, as I never thought a player would prefer Porto over Arsenal. This just supports my opinion given in the introduction of my thread about Porto´s youth setup. :)

ricardo-grey-no-dragao.jpg

Name: Ricardo Grey Persson

Nationality: Swedish

Date of Birth: 1993-01-09 (15 years)

Position: Centre forward

Height: 184 cm

Weight: 84 Kg

Club: Porto

Database status: Not on database

I will just copy the article I read:

«Porto have beaten Manchester United and Arsenal for teenager Ricardo Grey.

Grey had trials at both Premiership clubs, but signed for Porto this week [yesterday].

"I believe my playing style is better suited to Portugal" Grey told Sportbladet. "I am a bit nervous but I believe it will go well."

"They (Porto) say they have seen good technique, but nobody with my playing style.

"I am quite big, but I have good technique and a good left foot."»

About this last comment, he his big indeed: 1.84 m and 84 kg for a 15 years old is very nice. In 3 or 4 years, Porto will have his strikers in Jakubov and Grey. Both seem to complete each other: Jakubov shoots with the right foot, Grey with the left. Grey has the technique, Jakubov the aerial ability. We´ll see what will happen. I´m looking forward to watch his games, and will post some more information in the near future.

• 1 month later...

Re: Ricardo Grey - The new "Larsson" signs for Porto

Interesting Find, Under 19 @ 15 Yrs... Thats Impressive Regardless What Size You Are, So He's Obviosly Very Good Technically.

Moving To Porto Could Be Good Move For Him, Better Than England Anyway..

Strange Names, Ricardo [Portugese Family? ] Grey [English Scottish Roots?]

Just a small update:

He played in the swedish club Djurgarden before joining Porto and he has several caps for the under-19 NT' date=' despite being only 15.[/quote']

He has several caps for the Swedish u-19 team. :confused:

No, that's not true.

Where did you get that infomation from?

Interesting Find' date=' Under 19 @ 15 Yrs... Thats Impressive Regardless What Size You Are, So He's Obviosly Very Good Technically.

Moving To Porto Could Be Good Move For Him, Better Than England Anyway..

Strange Names, Ricardo [Portugese Family? '] Grey [English Scottish Roots?]

He is 100% Swedish, I don´t think he has any relatives associated with Portugal. But yes, Ricardo is a Portuguese name, but it is also a Latin one, so he could have an extra nationality. But nothing points out that way.

He has several caps for the Swedish u-19 team. :confused:

No, that´s not true.

Where did you get that information from?

Hmm, good point, can´t find it now, but I could swear I had seen that somewhere. He is young and relatively unknown so it is difficult to find information of any sort about him. I mean, there are a couple of forums mentioning him, but let´s see, I can say Ibrahimovic, but other than that I don´t understand Swedish. But I´m sure he had a couple of caps for U-19. But perhaps you know more about him? Feel free to say ;).

EDIT: Not the most reliable source, but wikipedia says he plays for the U-16...

Hmm' date=' good point, can´t find it now, but I could [b']swear[/b] I had seen that somewhere. He is young and relatively unknown so it is difficult to find information of any sort about him. I mean, there are a couple of forums mentioning him, but let´s see, I can say Ibrahimovic, but other than that I don´t understand Swedish. But I´m sure he had a couple of caps for U-19. But perhaps you know more about him? Feel free to say ;).

He is a U16 international, been picked for them but he has not played a single game from them.

I know a bit about him, He was a product of BP's (IF Brommapojkarna - One of the best youth academies in Sweden). Then he went to Djurgårdens IF. He played for their youth team. He had a good goal scoring record and he attracted interest from different clubs. TBH, i was quite suprised he went to Porto. I thought he would go to a EPL side like Marko Mitrovic who went to Chelsea.

He is a U16 international' date=' been picked for them but he has not played a single game from them.

I know a bit about him, He was a product of BP's (IF Brommapojkarna - One of the best youth academies in Sweden). Then he went to Djurgårdens IF. He played for their youth team. He had a good goal scoring record and he attracted interest from different clubs. TBH, i was quite suprised he went to Porto. I thought he would go to a EPL side like Marko Mitrovic who went to Chelsea.[/quote']

Ok then, I will edit the information. He´ll surely reach the U-19 level one day, perhaps even more B)

Also, any reason for an idiot to vote this thread with one star? Could have at least explained why :rolleyes:.

• 6 months later...

He is 100% Swedish' date=' I don´t think he has any relatives associated with Portugal. But yes, Ricardo is a Portuguese name, but it is also a Latin one, so he could have an extra nationality. But nothing points out that way.

Hmm, good point, can´t find it now, but I could [b']swear[/b] I had seen that somewhere. He is young and relatively unknown so it is difficult to find information of any sort about him. I mean, there are a couple of forums mentioning him, but let´s see, I can say Ibrahimovic, but other than that I don´t understand Swedish. But I´m sure he had a couple of caps for U-19. But perhaps you know more about him? Feel free to say ;).

Hi!

I'm a good friend of his, we keep in touch constantly. Actually, he's half Jamaican and half Swedish. His father is from jamaica and his mom from Sweden. Yes, he is a product of Brommapojkarna, the most skillful youth team in Sweden.

When he returned to us from the tryouts in England, he told us that he would sign for FC Porto. I was shocked too, but his explanation was: "Since FC Porto did reach the same stage as Arsenal in Champions League, I thought it didn't really matter. Because it's still a huge club but not as big as Arsenal." If, however, Arsenal will have greater success the coming years he might change back, he told me.

And yes, he has had U-19 Swedish International caps and I'd say he's like a new Ibrahimovic. Another promising striker is another good friend of mine, Daniel Ålund. He plays at Feyenoord at the moment in the Netherlands. There's also John Guidetti in Manchester City youth academy. We all went to same school, class etc the last couple years (Football class).

Notice that all of them (including I) are born in 1992!! Wonderkids I'm telling you! :D:D

Edit: I meant everyone of us but him, are born in 1992. He's born in 1993.