Gold Championship Game World Economies

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Over the past couple of months we have reviewed the economies within the Gold Championships.

Due to our findings we have decided to give money more of a value and this has resulted in every Chairman taking money from ALL clubs in order to readjust the game world economies.

This is a one off event.

The Chairman has not taken any profits that your club has actually made from transfer deals.

This should result in the money within the game worlds now having much more actual value, a club before with £100m will more or less still have double the spending power than a club who had £50m.

In future seasons you will get to keep any surplus money that your club generates.

We understand that many managers will be disappointed in loosing large balances from their clubs. However, by giving money a value again all clubs will benefit and the game worlds will work better.

We are not doing this to upset any managers and genuinely believe it will be a big improvement to the game worlds.

This is the first step in a series of measures to rebalance the economies and tackle some of the key issues in these game worlds.

Please Note: This will not effect any Gold Championships still in their first season.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship Game World Economies Studge - Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean everyone else has the same opinion. With less money, it stops clubs from buying up every play

Re: Gold Championship Game World Economies Well, I'm done debating for now. Spent enough time haven't we Yankee and Mark. We may disagree on the change itself. I see the benefit in itself and the po

Re: Gold Championship Game World Economies This is rediciolus. This is what was said in the first blog: "The Chairman has not taken any profits that your club has actually made from transfer deals."

Re: Gold Championship Game World Economies

I have to completely disagree with this altogether....

Instead of making people do more cash deals, it's going to make it worse for smaller clubs :rolleyes: Teams will not have enough cash to buy players with, so the bigger sides will then want p/e for everyone. There are more cash deals going around in the newer setups at the moment, with this "improvement" people will start to want p/e for a 35 year old rated 82!

I also don't see why my Exeter in GC10 who had around £9m should have £5.66 of this taken off? If this is the same for most smaller sides then it will just put people off managing them as they won't be able to bring anyone half decent into the side once they've taken over. The balance of many smaller clubs is low enough as it is.

To be honest, only teams over a set amount, £150m for example, should have some cash taken off, it's just another reason for people to do p/e deals and for people not to take smaller sides

I just can't see how this can improve the setups, it just has failure written all over it :o:cool:

Firstly, I give credit to SM for actually attempting something to solve the money issue. My biggest peve is not giving everyone a heads up, but then again maybe it was the fairest way.... no one knew it was coming so no one had an advantage.

I just wish they would explain how they'll prevent clubs from getting huge sums of money again .... other than through profits of player sales. Will clubs get less money for hosting matches? Are players salaries more expensive?

I'm actually fine with this change, but would just like to know more information. This was a one off event, but what is being done to stop the same issue from arising?

And just to respond to the few who have already...... every club, I'm assuming, lost the same proportion of money (not including money made on transfers) so no one actually benefited or was put at a disadvantage by this. Proportionally for all clubs, the amount of money is the same.

This simply makes it more logical to buy a player for his true value, as opposed to an absurd amount of money. Great players aren't even bought for the price people are paying for mediocre players.

You can whine and complain about how unfair it is for the "smaller" clubs, but the smaller clubs are still at the same disadvantage proportionally. Smaller clubs will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage. That's reality. Smaller clubs had money taken away. So did the big clubs and everyone in between.

With less money going around, I don't see it as an automatic that only P/E will happen. That's what was already happening. I see this as a change to make a player's value more realistic.

Should have had warning. My small clubs got caught between deals, so after selling certain players to open more doors, I now have no money and the players have gone. In effect, this means I have lost key players and got nothing in return. Certain small clubs are really going to struggle to keep up, as the big ones make money a lot easier and quicker, and we will see even more domination than before.

This has killed off the small clubs totally, clubs with big stadiums like Barcalona, the Milan teams, Man utd, etc are going to have there tens of millions back into their accounts within a few weeks and will get back to £100m+ after a month or so.

But how are the smaller teams supposed to keep up with this? I have Numancia in Gold 12 my stadium capacity is 10,200 which is the lowest in the league so why is wiping my balance from £12m to £4m going to be good for the game? It was hard dealing in the transfer market before against the big boys, I had to spot upcoming risers early before anyone else did but this has now totally frozen me out of the transfer market for 6 months+ unless I sell the half decent players I have which will send me back to the second division.

Thankyou very much for killing my Numancia and every other small club in the game

Guest TOM_HEMY

Gold championship game world ecomies

Why? Why was it introduced? Yes I can understand it adds a bit of value to cash and I would like it if there weren't such ridiculous amounts of money being taken away from us! Take my Marsielle and Sevilla for example. On my Marsielle I had about 95 million to spend which I was going to use on youngsters but then My chairman (SM) took 90 million of me! On my Sevilla I had about 75 million to spend which I was going to use to buy good Spanish players(I want to build an all Spain side) until my chairman (SM) took about 67.5 million of me! It's ridiculous how much money there is being taken off the budget and I think it just should of been halved.

Please vote 'yes' or 'no' for the poll.

I quite like it. Anything to give cash more importance in GC's has to be a good thing. It also makes previously "raided" clubs more attractive as well, because although they won't have star player's, they'll still have the funds from the sold players to buy new players with.

It won't have a huge instant impact. But over time I think this will turn out to be a possitive move and hopefully encourage more cash transfers. Lets just hope from now on the GC finances are well managed by SM, so we aren't back to square one again in a year having to once again reset funds.

I quite like it. Anything to give cash more importance in GC's has to be a good thing. It also makes previously "raided" clubs more attractive as well' date=' because although they won't have star player's, they'll still have the funds from the sold players to buy new players with.

It won't have a huge instant impact. But over time I think this will turn out to be a possitive move and hopefully encourage more cash transfers. Lets just hope from now on the GC finances are well managed by SM, so we aren't back to square one again in a year having to once again reset funds.[/quote']The only clubs it will benefit are the clubs that have been previously raided and the clubs that have already got 80+ players.

Teams like mine that have less than 30 players will suffer.

You could buy high 80 rated players just for cash?!

I could only get lucky with that with an unmanaged club and even then that was not always successful because of every other manager bidding for the same player.

Im totally in favour of this change. Seems im in the minority of this view.

Every improvement seems to get a slating from a lot of managers before its really got a chance to prove itself. Most managers still seem to be here since all the revamps over the last year, so can't be that bad.

Terrible Addition.

This has all but killed transfers' date=' you could buy high 80 rated players (86-89) for a decent cash price, now that will cease.[/quote']

I quite like it. Anything to give cash more importance in GC's has to be a good thing. It also makes previously "raided" clubs more attractive as well' date=' because although they won't have star player's, they'll still have the funds from the sold players to buy new players with.

It won't have a huge instant impact. But over time I think this will turn out to be a possitive move and hopefully encourage more cash transfers. Lets just hope from now on the GC finances are well managed by SM, so we aren't back to square one again in a year having to once again reset funds.[/quote']

i agree i like the change's aswell even though i lost 337 million in gc3

but on the other hand in gc19 i only had 30k and now i have a budget of 917k so very happy to have nearly 1 million added to my balance

Worst "improvement" ever. So yesterday I see some fairly highly rated players in unavailable to managed and put some bids in. But now i'm not even allowed to improve my squad!??!!? I thought SM were wanting more cash deals. This is bull plop and it smells bad. This is just going to bring on more smaller teams as you can't even buy players for back up!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not sure how everyone else is exactly affected, but in GC29 I had a balance of only 35K and now it's £6.5Mill thus the complete opposite.

This might be due to the league already switching to a Balance and Transfer Budget being managed separately.

Having a balance and budget separate has meant that instead of using every extra bit of income on players - I'm actually keeping hold of players for longer and willing to spend more on players wages than simply offloading players.

I'm probably one of the few players who sees both changes as changes for the better :)

How will this improve the economy in GC's Ste? I suppose only you can answer this for me Ste..

By taking away the cash, how is this improving the economies? :confused:

This has confused me..

How will this incourage cash deals? There is no money to do cash deals, pointeless! :mad:

Note: I hate this idea, the worst one SM have ever implemented! How can this be called an "improvement"?

GIVE US OUR CASH BACK!

i agree i like the change's aswell even though i lost 337 million in gc3

but on the other hand in gc19 i only had 30k and now i have a budget of 917k so very happy to have nearly 1 million added to my balance

I like it too - hopefully it will also be a first step to stop the ludicrous situation of clubs having first team squads of over 100 players, and youth squads of a similar size, as if you don't win cups you won't have the money to pay the wages...

And before anyone thinks I'm unaffected I've lost a total of 114million over 3 GC's. Makes it more realistic...

Why not get rid of the part exchange feature?

That would have us all doing cash deals' date=' besides cash exchange rarely happens in real life.

I can easily live without part exchange deals, back in the day on SM you could buy the top rated players with your clubs starting budget. Nowadays it takes "Give me two of your 90+ rated players for my 92/93 rated player", it gives the game less of a buzz.[/quote']

Well said whitlock i'd rather they abolish part ex deals and allow cash only deals that way no one is hammered. I mean who in their right mind would get rid of david villa and david silva for cristian ronaldo in real life yet happened in gc56, I know it's a game but has to be somewhat realistic. Im sure if valencia offered man utd that deal in real life they'd bite their hand off. But somehow just could never see it happening. Get rid of part ex and bring on cash only deals in gc's :)

Are people voting yes for a joke?

They are the ones with the large stadiums who will get there cash back in a few weeks time, the No's are us small clubs who have been totally wiped off the game as it will now take forever to get enough cash to buy anyone again