Gold Championship Game World Economies

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Gold Championship Game World Economies

Two is to allow players to leave without the manager's decision if an offer is sizable enough. This will **** off a TON of people' date=' but it is realistic. Just ask Man City...[/quote']

if that happens then player interaction is needed e.g. negotiating contracts etc - e.g. wrexham could offer £85m for iniesta but they may not be able to afford his wages and/or iniesta would reject them

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship Game World Economies Studge - Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean everyone else has the same opinion. With less money, it stops clubs from buying up every play

Re: Gold Championship Game World Economies Well, I'm done debating for now. Spent enough time haven't we Yankee and Mark. We may disagree on the change itself. I see the benefit in itself and the po

Re: Gold Championship Game World Economies This is rediciolus. This is what was said in the first blog: "The Chairman has not taken any profits that your club has actually made from transfer deals."

This is a totally idiotic measure to takeif you want any life at all in the less good teams.

I recently overtook Anderlecht in a Gold world. The sqyúad was ****, but the one who had sold off all +85 players at least had saved some money, so Iwas able to try to build the team again.

Suddenly almost al money was gone and I only had a useless team that I now had no chance to rebuild.

It is - I am sorry to say - a quite amateuristic approach you have chosen. The prolemis not that some teams that earlier managers had destroyed, had to much money. The problem is that the transfer system does not work, so less good teams have no chance of getting better.

This makes it impossible for players - liek me - to acutually get a good team in Gold worlds. And so as a result we don't bother to get the commercial version since we just are offered **** teams that are not possible to build into something even decent due to idiotic things like this.

Instead you ought to have med the transfer so that it is a good thong to let your players go on a money transfer.

OR live with the fact that SM never will attract new gold managers since the good teams are taken and the rest of the teams are impossible to improve.

Also - since you by this have destroyed the possibilities to build a team from those you can offer new managers, I guess you will have to consider paying the money back. You nevere mentioned stealing team money when I purchased the account.

I think people are getting a bit carried away, it's not that bad and if furthur steps are taken, maybe cash can have some sort of value again.

It needed to change, i just hope SM quickly implement the next 'stages'. A bit of notice would have been nice, but if we had been given notice then everyone would have just spent all of their money....

Someone should take names of all managers who are saying this is the worst change ever on SM.

Post them in about 6 months for all to laugh at.

I can't say it is the worst update ever, I have not been here öong enough.

However, since I have played many online games I can easily conclude that I never saw a game update anywhere that so totally takes away any point of continuing to play if you don't have a worldclass team, since you now can't rebuild what earlier managers have destroyed by selling players and saving the money.

Totally brainless.

if that happens then player interaction is needed e.g. negotiating contracts etc - e.g. wrexham could offer £85m for iniesta but they may not be able to afford his wages and/or iniesta would reject them

True, but in this new environment...how the heck is Wrexham ever going to wrangle up 85m? lol

However, I agree that it would be a tricky proposition to implement.

Tomas - I understand where yours and alot of people's feelings are at when you feel as though now you can't rebuild a squad because a large chunk of your money was taken away. But lets not forget, it was because soo many clubs had a huge sum of money that nobody would sell players for the realistic amount. Everyone had money, so why sell your players just to get more money? So you, as with all others, were forced to save all this money just to try and buy a player and rebuild your squad. Mean while, all other clubs were bidding on 10 players at a time because they had nothing else to do with all this money.

Now you have less money, but so does everyone else... which means when you go to bid on a player, you won't have 20 other clubs bidding on the same player. Clubs will be forced to bid on a much smaller number of players, thus making it EASIER for smaller clubs to target specific players and buy them. Bid on risers and lesser known players and you will rebuild your squad easier.

This is a major mistake...

As others have indicated' date=' this WILL NOT give cash any further value. All you have done is annoy people and delay the inevitable cycle by a few months. Eventually every club will get their funds back to where they were before you messed with this today....and then we're back to square one.

The net result of this change is only to **** off anyone that has a small club or a small stadium.

Seriously SM, this was ridiculous....

*EDIT*

If you really want to give cash a value, then there are only two ideas I can think of.

One is to add penalties to going in the negative (IE: you automatically lose your club if you dip below the $0 threshold as a sign of your incompetence).

Two is to allow players to leave without the manager's decision if an offer is sizable enough. This will **** off a TON of people, but it is realistic. Just ask Man City...[/quote']

YankeeNoob - I'm glad you added your "edit" because I whole heartedly disagree with your first statement but almost completely agree with your edit addition.

I don't think a manager should be sacked at first for going in the "Red"/negative... but over a certain period of time, perhaps. But better, if in debt, a club obviously cannot buy any more players .... but also should not be allowed to renew any player contracts. The players would then leave at the end of the season for free it the contract expires. This will put the in debt club in a position to want to sell a player(s) for cash to get out of debt and renew player contracts.

I'm not against a chairman accepting offers behind the manager's back, but not for it either. If I'm a good manager and building my squad around a core player... and then a club out of the blue offers an audacious amount of money for that player, I should be able to reject it. ONLY if a club is in debt would a chairman be able to accept any offers without the manager's approval. If my club is in debt, then obviously I haven't been that good of a manager.

I have stated numerous times in other threads.... to make money truly valuable on this game, there must be consequences for not being fiscally sound with your money. If in debt, there need's to be consequences (like YankeeNoob says). To make debt a realistic possibility, SM needed to take a vast amount of money out of the system and make it less accessible. They've done the first step in making money alot less scarce.... lets hope they can stop it from becoming abundant again and making debt a realistic threat.

T

Now you have less money' date=' but so does everyone else... which means when you go to bid on a player, you won't have 20 other clubs bidding on the same player. [/quote']

Well, I guess you missed my point.

My pont is - most gold worlds have only ***** team for new managers. They have lost all good players, and have maybe 18 players. That means that they wil get 3 more sj´hite players soon.

But what they have had is money. Now they don't even have that.

Now WHO do you think would like to even bother to pay money - you do that to get a gold account - if you only can manage teams like Albino Leffe and have a budget of 2 mill? Since the teams that can develop never gets out on the market for us to take?

No this "improvement" is only made with the best interrset of the old successful managers best at hand. SM just took a dump onthe rest of us.

We are not doing this to upset any managers and genuinely believe it will be a big improvement to the game worlds.

Haha, big joke. You have upset at least very many of those with small teams that now are totally pointless of managing. But I guess the SM-game wil improve with less human managers? That I can see is the only reason - to make it easier for the bigteams to harvest all remainingtalents they have not already raped off the small ones.

Sorry to say, but SM does not seem to be a game with any sence at all.

I wonder how many clubs would actually go into debt. However, based on tonights changes and any possible additional changes in the coming weeks, this could be a great idea.

I don't think a manager should be sacked at first for going in the "Red"/negative... but over a certain period of time' date=' perhaps. But better, if in debt, a club obviously cannot buy any more players .... but also should not be allowed to renew any player contracts. The players would then leave at the end of the season for free it the contract expires. This will put the in debt club in a position to want to sell a player(s) for cash to get out of debt and renew player contracts.[/quote']

Well' date=' I guess you missed my point.

My pont is - most gold worlds have only ***** team for new managers. They have lost all good players, and have maybe 18 players. That means that they wil get 3 more sj´hite players soon.

Now WHO do you think would like to even bother to pay money - you do that to get a gold account - if you only can manage teams like Albino Leffe and have a budget of 2 mill? Since the teams that can develop never gets out on the market for us to take?

No this "improvement" is only made with the best interrset of the old successful managers best at hand. SM just took a dump onthe rest of us.[/quote']

lol totally agree.

the most extreme case being west brom chairman gve me around 12mill this morning on season start and took 13.5 back a couple of hours later ????????????

PS Are we in an official recession now ???:)

It's so sad that it's funny!

I was having a lousy day but reading all of your posts in misery today have given me a chuckle or two and made feel better.

Thanks SM!:D

For me, this is the worst change SM have ever done but IMO they havent exactly done many bad ones. How is a team with a bad squad after they had been ripped apart by other teams as they were unmanaged supposed to rebuild ther squad with no money? Most teams have money because they had a good team that got ripped apart after it went unmanaged, when a new manager took over they would use the money from the ripping apart to rebuild the team. That can no longer happen.

Well' date=' I guess you missed my point.

No this "improvement" is only made with the best interrset of the old successful managers best at hand. SM just took a dump onthe rest of us.[/quote']

No, I understood your point fully. I pay for my Gold Account. I took over Panathinaikos (a non-big club), which had all of it's best players sold off. I've since rebuilt the squad. As manager, I've been offered jobs at bigger clubs. I've turned them down. SM also creates a new GC every so often, giving you the chance to grab a big club. I am not an "old successful" manager you are referring to. I like to consider myself a newer member of the SM community and have done just fine with a lesser clubs, as have many. In GC 14, Torino (a minnow of a club), is competing against the top Italian clubs and doing just fine because their manager took a small club, with a small squad, and a small stadium and built his squad with less money to be a top club. The same is happening in England, but I forget which club it is. It's another minnow club though.

With this improvement, you have a better chance of signing players... thus rebuilding your squad of a smaller club. With less money, and hopefully an additional change to the system (which SM have said will come) the bigger clubs will be forced to sell players ....... so managers of smaller clubs have an ever increasing chance of buying players.

With the way your complaining, you'd rather SM keep all the money in the game, so the manager of Albino Leffe has his ***** squad but atleast he has $200 million in WORTHLESS money. Which gets bigger every turn because he can't spend any of it because NOBODY sells their players because everyone has soo much money anyways. But atleast he's happy with his every growing budget.

You're complaining without adding anything positive and no solutions. There was/is NO Solution unless SM does something about it and that is what they're doing. Making changes. And still making them. They've made one and you and a whole boat-load of whiners have cried "foul"!

The bigger clubs can't "rape" the smaller clubs of all their players if they have alot less money as well and need to save their money to buy quality/star players..... leaving the squads of smaller clubs alone. Yes, they will continue to buy players... but at a much slower pace, giving smaller clubs a better chance at signing these players.

This situation is absolutely ridiculous. One reason a lot of clubs have such huge balances in the older GC's is that other clubs have bought all of their best players! How the hell are you supposed to re-build such a club!?! This is gonna make taking over clubs in old GC's even more unattractive!

And just on a personal note, I have a Derby in a GC which had a balance of -500k or so. So I sold a player for around £3.5mil. I logged in today to find that now familiar message -"your chairman etc etc. He you assures this will not affect any money from transfers." But I now have a balance of £700k so this clearly isn't the case! How is this fair? I have a decent squad, but not great and a budget of £3mil - not £130mil for god's sake! And that's money I generated myself from a sale! If I'd known then I obviously wouldn't have sold the player. Could we not of had some warning about this? I don't know if anyone at SM gives a **** but I'm seriously re-considering whether to bother renewing my gold membership.

Want another suggestion that might improve cash flows?

Do what UEFA is currently thinking about doing in real life...

IMPLEMENT A SALARY CAP & LUXURY TAX

Implement a salary cap (can be variable by league) & teams must pay a luxury tax for every pound over...and make it nasty (100% taxation). This will curb the big boys from racking up Oil Sheik money while not affecting the little guys at all.

No' date=' I understood your point fully. I pay for my Gold Account. I took over Panathinaikos (a non-big club), which had all of it's best players sold off. I've since rebuilt the squad. As manager, I've been offered jobs at bigger clubs. I've turned them down. SM also creates a new GC every so often, giving you the chance to grab a big club. I am not an "old successful" manager you are referring to. I like to consider myself a newer member of the SM community and have done just fine with a lesser clubs, as have many. In GC, Torino (a minnow of a club), is competing against the top Italian clubs and doing just fine because their manager took a small club, with a small squad, and a small stadium and built his squad with less money to be a top club.

With this improvement, you have a better chance of signing players... thus rebuilding your squad of a smaller club. With less money, and hopefully an additional change to the system (which SM have said will come) the bigger clubs will be forced to sell players ....... so managers of smaller clubs have an ever increasing chance of buying players.

With the way your complaining, you'd rather SM keep all the money in the game, so the manager of Albino Leffe has his ***** squad but atleast he has $200 million in WORTHLESS money. Which gets bigger every turn because he can't spend any of it because NOBODY sells their players because everyone has soo much money anyways. But atleast he's happy with his every growing budget.

You're complaining without adding anything positive and no solutions. There was/is NO Solution unless SM does something about it and that is what they're doing. Making changes. And still making them. They've made one and you and a whole boat-load of whiners have cried "foul"![/quote']

Why will bigger clubs be forced to sell their best players? Because no-one has money? Would you rather have Anelka or £15 mil? When you have that £15 mil what are you going to do with it? That's a **** arguement. No, all this change does is make it virtually impossible to re-build an unmanaged club - which, when you had money, you could at least do by some shrewed scouting - buying promising youngsters and possible risers that other clubs haven't noticed. That was your only chance, now you can't even do that!

Today in GC 42 i recieved the investment from my chairman for the new season.

The chairman has decided to invest a further £9,305,263 into Werder Bremen.

2 hours later:

In a one off event, your Chairman has taken a dividend of £13,688,345 due to the large balance of the club. The Chairman assures you they have not removed any profits from your transfer deals.

So i now have £3.7M. Tell me SM, how can I make decent signings with £3.7M for Werder Bremen. You've taken more money than the investment of the chairman, so how has my transfer budget not been affected? Its gone. If anything, you've made player exchanges more likely as they're the only thing possible to do now.

This situation is absolutely ridiculous. One reason a lot of clubs have such huge balances in the older GC's is that other clubs have bought all of their best players! How the hell are you supposed to re-build such a club!?! This is gonna make taking over clubs in old GC's even more unattractive!

And just on a personal note' date=' I have a Derby in a GC which had a balance of -500k or so. So I sold a player for around £3.5mil. I logged in today to find that now familiar message -"your chairman etc etc. He you assures this will not affect any money from transfers." But I now have a balance of £700k so this clearly isn't the case! How is this fair? I have a decent squad, but not great and a budget of £3mil - not £130mil for god's sake! And that's money I generated myself from a sale! If I'd known then I obviously wouldn't have sold the player. Could we not of had some warning about this? I don't know if anyone at SM gives a **** but I'm seriously re-considering whether to bother renewing my gold membership.[/quote']

It is true that the timing of the improvement has screwed some people with transfers just going through and losing that money, or now not having enough money to complete an accepted bid(in my case), but if SM had given a warning that it would be taking all this money away from clubs, every club in SM would've been throwing all their money into transfers in an attempt to get rid of it, yet.... EVERY club would be doing the same thing, and NO ONE would've accepted a bid because they would lose the money they would've got.... so it wouldn't have changed anything.

In order to make this improvement, SM simply had to just do it regardless.

With this improvement' date=' you have a better chance of signing players... thus rebuilding your squad of a smaller club. With less money, and [b']hopefully an additional change to the system (which SM have said will come) the bigger clubs will be forced to sell players[/b] ....... so managers of smaller clubs have an ever increasing chance of buying players.

Would everyone feel better if this cash reduction was followed by a squad limit, thereby forcing the larger squads to sell off their players or release them at chairman value?

This would then allow any team to be able to rebuild their teams.

I do understand the frustration of many here since I do like to plan my purchases of players around transfer bans and cash on hand. Having suddenly your plans ripped out is a bit of headache.

Yeah but people in newer GC'S now know what to expect at the begining of the next season so now doubt will be spending like mad! So they've had advance warning! And it's one thing to have a deal fall through, but when you've had money taken you raised from a sale this is clearly wrong! Especially as SM have said it in the 'chairman' message that this won't happen!

I re-iterate what i said - I'm managing Derby, Not Barcelona, I had a budget of 3mil not 130mil, I raised that money myself from a sale, not acrued from months of inactivity. This is unfair! I don't care what spin you put on it.

Extolite...

I've read several of your apologist responses, and you're failing to recognize one key factor here.

This was a ONE TIME move, as stated by Ste himself.

SM has failed to correct the root cause & has only temporarily affected change. Over a few months, the big clubs will build their revenues back up to ungodly heights while the minnows continue to squeak by. The money taken from the small clubs will likely never be made back, while this is just a minor inconvenience for the big boys. As someone mentioned...the rich get richer (relatively) and the poor get poorer.

Unless SM make more changes very soon, the only effect of this in the long term will have been to annoy the heck out of people for the next month.