The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Peyton Manning underwent more neck surgery Thursday, the third time in 19 months, and will miss not only the season-opening game but possibly the entire season.

Not good at all, with that you can probably right the Colts off this season :(

Not to mention he was my QB in the fansasy draft, on e can still hope Alex Smith has an outstanding season :o

Cracking game! pure and simple! :)

Yep. Real shootout' date=' with all the dramatics saved for the 4th quarter, kinda makes you wish it was a playoff match. Ingram's gotta feel gutted, 1 yard away!

Was really impressed with that rookie, Cobb. Great kick-return, for a 108 YD TD! Not to mention he was on the end of AR's orchestral passing game, one which was complimented by some suspect Saints D-zone coverage at times, the man marking being atrocious at times, credit has to be given to the Packers WRs too, this team looks even better than last.

[center']

PvNRGDf-Fs4

[/center]

EDIT: Listen to this commentary on Cobb's TD-return, so full of life in comparison to NBC's, I was almost expecting to hear - 'Gooallasso.... Goalasssooo.... Gol .... Gol... Gol.....!'

OTZ-OnBDtSs

Not good at all' date=' with that you can probably right the Colts off this season :(

Not to mention he was my QB in the fansasy draft, on e can still hope Alex Smith has an outstanding season :o[/quote']

Colts down 34-0 in the third quarter' date=' that just proves how much Manning means to them.

Steelers are also down 29-7, The fake kick that just happened was so good, Steelers didn't have a clue it was gonna happen they all over the place atm, Flacco is playing great aswell.[/quote']

:( :(

Hate to say it, but I had a feeling id be right.

Peyton would be a MASSIVE loss to anyone except in my opinion NO ONE ;)

Colts down 34-0 in the third quarter' date=' that just proves how much Manning means to them.

Steelers are also down 29-7, The fake kick that just happened was so good, Steelers didn't have a clue it was gonna happen they all over the place atm, Flacco is playing great aswell.[/quote']

Agree Jack! - However try and look at the overall picture with Manning. The Colts not only missed Manning but it uncovered far more holes than JUST losing Manning!

The Steelers are being bent over at the moment... looks like it's only going to get worse too' date=' hard to see where they're going to get the momentum to mount a come back.[/quote']

I had a good bet on the Ravens and Lions, in both cases specially the Ravens i would never had forecast a result, not so much the result it was how the Ravens out played the Steelers in every aspect.

Delighted with Da Bears win over the Falcons at the weekend, a great way to start the new season. Cutler seemed imperious, answering his critics in the best possible way in his first game since the now infamous NFC Championship game. Questions over the offensive line remain, with Cutler hitting the turf an uncomfortable five times, but it didn't bother him. They didn't help out Forte in the running game much either, but he really is one of the best backs out of the backfield today. And what can you say about the defense? Just top drawer.

Got the Saints away followed by the Packers at home now - two terribly difficult games. If we managed to win one of those for a 2-1 start, I'd be ecstatic as this must be one of the toughest opening schedules going.

P.S. What a debut from Cam! :eek:

Hi lads, just noticed the thread and thought i'd get involved. :)

A terrible start to the season yesterday as we go down 14-28 to the Redskins. Our defence was all over the place and Rex Grossman just ripped us to shreds with 305 passing yards and two touch downs. Our defence has been decimated with injuries and i'm very concerned about whether this could seriously effect our season. Add to that that our leading receiver, Hakeem Nicks, seems to have picked up a knee injury from the game yesterday and could miss our next match against St Louis.

Blimey, when you put it like that it doesn't look very good for us at the moment :eek:

It's my teams turn now' date=' praying Dolphins have a good season but in a tough division this year unless Bills win yesterday was a fluke. Loving the first drive currently tho Reggie Bush could be our main focus but i want too see Brandon Marshall more involved this year too.[/quote']

Was a bit worried about our defence after that first drive - was bad last season but seems to be getting better through the game. One thing I have noticed is our secondary seems well off the pace. Dolphins have so often dumped the ball over the line of scrimmage and the receiver's found themselves with 15-20 yards to run into unopposed. Plus point is Brady is looking back to his imperious best although the offensive line needs to tighten up. More due to Miami defence playing well as opposed to Pats offensive line playing badly. Credit where it's due

Delighted with Da Bears win over the Falcons at the weekend' date=' a great way to start the new season. Cutler seemed imperious, answering his critics in the best possible way in his first game since the now infamous NFC Championship game. Questions over the offensive line remain, with Cutler hitting the turf an uncomfortable five times, but it didn't bother him. They didn't help out Forte in the running game much either, but he really is one of the best backs out of the backfield today. And what can you say about the defense? Just top drawer.

Got the Saints away followed by the Packers at home now - two terribly difficult games. If we managed to win one of those for a 2-1 start, I'd be ecstatic as this must be one of the toughest opening schedules going.

P.S. What a debut from Cam! :eek:[/quote']

Forte did a terrific job running!! 158 yards and a TD is exactly what they need out of him! I agree though, they need to win one more, optimally against the packers, to contend for the division title. I'm worried about the offensive line too. Although Cutler shook it off, we can't be giving up 5 sacks a game.

A bit of positive news coming out of the Giants camp today, as we add experienced WR Brandon Stokley to our roster with rookie DE Justin Trattou being waived to make room for him. I don't know a great deal about the guy, other than he was part of the 2006 Colts team that won the Super Bowl that year.

At 35, i doubt he has the speed to be a starting wide man for us but his leadership qualities will be invaluable to our very young WR core - obviously Coughlin saw something in him otherwise he wouldn't have brought him in. We have been in dying need of a decent slot receiver and it seems Stokley has all the qualities to fill that role, but we will have to see.

I'm really looking forward to our monday night game against the Rams, it should be a great turnout for our first home fixture and hopefully we can right all the wrongs from that dreadful display against Washington!

• 2 weeks later...

A huge game for us today as we take on our fierce rivals, the Eagles, in a huge NFC East clash. With our passing defence so poor at the moment, i'm a little worried however if Tuck can rough Vick up a bit then we might have a chance. Their danger man is without a doubt LeSean McCoy, easily one the best running-backs in the NFL but i have confidence in our D-Line which is currently the third best rush defence. Their linebackers struggled to cope with Atlanta's running game last week, so that is a weakness that hopefully we will exploit.

We have lost the last 6 games against them (that horrific loss in December last year is still fresh in the mind :o) but whenever we play them it is fraught with action and controversy so bring it on!

Kick off is in 45 minutes time, can't wait - COYG!! :D

So frustrating to watch the Eagles make so many basic mistakes, the Giants should not be anywhere near them in this game. 7 plays in the red zone and no TDs and letting the Giants have too many big plays, 75% of the Giants' offence has been from three or four plays, the same gaps that were open at the end against the Falcons are opening up again.

And now Vick is going off again... This feels all too familiar.

Vicks broken his right hand, we're 6 points down and then first play from Kafka is an interception. This doesn't look good. Reid has called some ridiculous plays today.

*EDIT* Oh man, now we go offsides when they're about to try a field goal and give them a first down on our 17. Errrggghhh.