The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Listen to you two whining and moaning! :P

Thought McCoy was going all the way for a big score there' date=' was backing him to beat the deep DB but Byrd absolutely drilled him. Amazing tackle.

Nay bother, Jackson takes a nice screen in on the very next play! Game on![/quote']

If you were a Eagles or a Giants fan this season you'd be complaining too! :P

I have to complain on here, it's my only way to vent my anger, if I wasn't doing this I'd probably of smashed my TV in a ragefit by now.

Also, technically the Giants are 3-1 and we're 1-3 so I have more of a right to complain than Jozua does, he's just being a big girl... :P

And YES, 3 and out, now please, even if it takes 10 minutes and it's not pretty, just grind out a TD drive, no more mistakes. PLEASE.

VICTOR CRUZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68 yard touchdown' date=' get in!!! What a play and we succeed with a two point conversion, game on :D:D:D[/quote']

Cruz has really come up big for you so far this season, that was a biiig play.

Meanwhile Vick gets in for a TD, gets called back for holding, then next play another penalty and we're on the 26 yard line.

What did I say about no silly mistakes? Ergh. :mad:

At least we got three this time, rather than doing something daft and missing out on them this time...

The only reason I'm not complaining is because the Bears aren't playing tonight! Although my fantasy team is given me much cause for frustration...!

I'd be getting frustrated at my fantasy team too, except I'm just sat here watching Mendenhall stay at 0.00 and the rest of my players not playing yet. :P

If you were a Eagles or a Giants fan this season you'd be complaining too! :P

I have to complain on here' date=' it's my only way to vent my anger, if I wasn't doing this I'd probably of smashed my TV in a ragefit by now.

Also, technically the Giants are 3-1 and we're 1-3 so I have more of a right to complain than Jozua does, he's just being a big girl... :P

And YES, 3 and out, now please, even if it takes 10 minutes and it's not pretty, just grind out a TD drive, no more mistakes. PLEASE.[/quote']

Big girl???? :P - when we are struggling against a team like the Seahawks then i have every reason to moan!!

Andy my friend, you have no idea what being a Giants fan is like; one minute we are red hot making some unreal plays, next we are struggling with the basics like conceding dreadful runs and failing to convert third downs. There's no easy win for Giants and it doesn't do my heart any good :P

Cruz has really come up big for you so far this season' date=' that was a biiig play.

Meanwhile Vick gets in for a TD, gets called back for holding, then next play another penalty and we're on the 26 yard line.

What did I say about no silly mistakes? Ergh. :mad:

At least we got three this time, rather than doing something daft and missing out on them this time...[/quote']

Cruz has been outstanding so far this season and is really knocking on the door of Manningham's second receiver position. Quite a nice headache to have :D

Andy my friend' date=' you have no idea what being a Giants fan is like; one minute we are red hot making some unreal plays, next we are struggling with the basics like conceding dreadful runs and failing to convert third downs. There's no easy win for Giants and it doesn't do my heart any good :P[/quote']

I don't think Andy exactly has it easy as a Bears fan, I don't envy anyone who supports a team that has Jay Cutler at QB. :P

And as I'm typing this, another bloody interception, another bloody turnover in the red zone, Avant... Again. Vick is incredibly unlucky to have 4 interceptions, only one of them was really a dodgy throw. Again though, we're putting together a looovely drive, and another horrible mistake just ruins it. So frustrating.

OOOOOHHH MMMMYYYYY GOOOODDDDDD. Bills 4th down and 1, the punt team comes out, then they call them back off and bring the offense on, every single person in the stadium knows that there's no way they're going for it and they're just trying to draw them offsides and if they don't call a timeout and punt it. And yet somehow, Juqua Parker still manages to go offsides, how... How?! Absolute idiot.

I'm gonna go hang myself now.

OOOOOHHH MMMMYYYYY GOOOODDDDDD. Bills 4th down and 1' date=' the punt team comes out, then they call them back off and bring the offense on, every single person in the stadium knows that there's no way they're going for it and they're just trying to draw them offsides and if they don't call a timeout and punt it. And yet somehow, Juqua Parker still manages to go offsides, how... How?! Absolute idiot.

[b']I'm gonna go hang myself now.[/b]

Have you got some spare rope?

Its game over in New Jersey :(

No spare rope' date=' but I'll choke you to death if you promise to choke me after. ;)[/quote']

Deal. Although i'm not sure how i will choke you to death when i'm dead myself lol

Well that was an absolutely dreadful performance, losing 36-25 at home to the Seahawks is just not acceptable. No disrespect to Seattle they outplayed us today and took full advantage of our mistakes so fair play to them. Where to start...

Our running game was absent once again, it is turning us into a one dimensional offence and is leaving us with far too many third and longs. Which brings me onto our third down conversion rate which was 1/12 today - that is frankly horrific and was the main reason behind our loss. :o

Once again we conceded far too many stupid penalties and turnovers, which was killing our offence. You can't rely on big plays to win you games and its putting too much pressure on our receiving core. Every time the Seahawks offence came onto the field they had favourable field position as a result of penalties and giving up far too much yardage on their returns - special teams played very badly today. Finally Eli was so erratic in the second half, throwing the ball into double coverage and as a result had 3 interceptions at key points in the game, the most notable being the last one which lost us the game.

Defence was so bad i don't know what to say, our rush defence was shocking and to concede over 140 yards to a team who coming into this game had the third worst rush attack in the NFL is quite frankly humiliating :o To add to that our secondary was poor and they allowed their QB to throw far too many big plays. I mean c'mon who the hell is Baldwin and he caught 8 passes for 136 yards!! For half of the game they fielded their second string QB who is incredibly immobile and to not pressurise him at the line of scrimmage is a sad indictment of our D-Line.

I could go on and on but what is most worrying is that we were haunted by the same issues today that we had against Arizona last week, you cannot rely on fourth quarter comebacks to win you games.

To say i'm concerned going forward is an understatement considering this was meant to be 'an easy win' for us today, the New York media have had to eat their words :rolleyes:

Deal. Although i'm not sure how i will choke you to death when i'm dead myself lol

That's the idea ;)

So the Eagles are now 1-4, apparently 5 times in history teams have gotten into the play-offs after starting 1-4. Looking at our schedule, it's not preposterous that we could finish 10-6, on paper. But that's the key phrase, on paper. We're going to have to turn it around pretty quickly if we're going to win any games, let alone go 9-2 for the rest of the season. And with the mistakes we're making, I really don't see how we can iron all those out quickly. If we can beat the Redskins and then work reeeally hard during our bye week to sort ourselves the fudge out, maybe. But at this stage it's all hypotheticals. We just need to start playing better, then we need to start playing a LOT better.

That's the idea ;)

So the Eagles are now 1-4' date=' apparently 5 times in history teams have gotten into the play-offs after starting 1-4. Looking at our schedule, it's not preposterous that we could finish 10-6, on paper. But that's the key phrase, on paper. We're going to have to turn it around pretty quickly if we're going to win any games, let alone go 9-2 for the rest of the season. And with the mistakes we're making, I really don't see how we can iron all those out quickly. If we can beat the Redskins and then work reeeally hard during our bye week to sort ourselves the fudge out, maybe. But at this stage it's all hypotheticals. We just need to start playing better, then we need to start playing a LOT better.[/quote']

Charming!

The Redskins are the team to beat in NFC East at the moment, but i guess the season is still young so anything could happen :P

Charming!

The Redskins are the team to beat in NFC East at the moment' date=' but i guess the season is still young so anything could happen :P[/quote']

:P

My heart says that the Eagles can still make the playoffs, my head saysnext to no chance.

Sounds like me and my Bears :(

Too true dude! If we don't beat the Vikes tonight, our season is over already I fear... :( However, it must be noted that the combined record of the three teams we've lost to this season is 14-1. :eek:

Jay has a 97.8 passer rating vs the Vikes in 5 career games, while Devin has 7 TDs in 7 games (4 on offense, 3 PR) AND we've won 9 of the last 10 games against the Vikes at home, including 3 straight. Home banker, surely? :rolleyes:

#abusing facts from Twitter.

Too true dude! If we don't beat the Vikes tonight' date=' our season is over already I fear... :( However, it must be noted that the combined record of the three teams we've lost to this season is 14-1. :eek:

Jay has a 97.8 passer rating vs the Vikes in 5 career games, while Devin has 7 TDs in 7 games (4 on offense, 3 PR) AND we've won 9 of the last 10 games against the Vikes at home, including 3 straight. Home banker, surely? :rolleyes:

#abusing facts from Twitter.[/quote']

Yeah we aren't playing too badly just the teams we lost to are very very good teams. Still wondering when they are going to sort the O-line and get Cutler some protection, although he did quite well against Detroit while getting none. I still have stains in my pants.

Yeah we aren't playing too badly just the teams we lost to are very very good teams. Still wondering when they are going to sort the O-line and get Cutler some protection' date=' although he did quite well against Detroit while getting none. I still have stains in my pants.[/quote']

I know man. Jerry Angelo was very keen to get Cutler a number one target in Roy Williams - who has been simply superb so far, just as much as Greg Olsen has been terrible for Carolina... :rolleyes: - yet seemingly glossed over the fact that our O-line is TERRIBLE. I'm talking one of the worst O-lines in history here.

What gets me is how Cutler gets bashed for being "weak" when he is brutally punished week-in, week-out. Just think how good he could be behind a half-decent line, and Matt Forte for that matter, who is playing lights-out football this year. Give that boy a contract, for crying out loud...

Looks worryingly all too familar at the moment in the Eagles game. Good start, then in the third quarter a nice 60 yard throw to Maclin, but then after that a pass gets tipped and then picked (You'd think looking at his stats that Vick had been terrible so far this year with 8 interceptions from 6 games, but he's only thrown one that wasn't tipped or dropped by a receiver into a defensive player's hands), and now Vick has got his injury for the game and gone off after a bit of helmet-to-helmet. Vince Young comes in to lead his 'dream team', 1 play, 1 interception. A better team than the Redskins might punish us but they don't look up to much, so touch wood, we should still get the win but the same issues we've had all season are still there.

I know man. Jerry Angelo was very keen to get Cutler a number one target in Roy Williams - who has been simply superb so far' date=' just as much as Greg Olsen has been terrible for Carolina... :rolleyes: - yet seemingly glossed over the fact that our O-line is TERRIBLE. I'm talking one of the worst O-lines in history here.

What gets me is how Cutler gets bashed for being "weak" when he is brutally punished week-in, week-out. Just think how good he could be behind a half-decent line, and Matt Forte for that matter, who is playing lights-out football this year. Give that boy a contract, for crying out loud...[/quote']

Yeah I'm quite excited by Carimi, he looks good but we still need a couple more solid players on the O-line. Garza is ok but the rest are terrible. I'm thinking I could jump in there and still give Cutler no protection and it would cost them a lot less.

I was a bit gutted when a few seasons ago we missed out on getting Brandon Marshall. I thought him and Cutler in tandem would have been outstanding. I think the commentators hit it on the head though, the Offensive coach needs to get more options for Cutler to dump the ball quicker and now I feel Marshall would have been perfect for that.

Yeah I'm quite excited by Carimi' date=' he looks good but we still need a couple more solid players on the O-line. Garza is ok but the rest are terrible. I'm thinking I could jump in there and still give Cutler no protection and it would cost them a lot less.

I was a bit gutted when a few seasons ago we missed out on getting Brandon Marshall. I thought him and Cutler in tandem would have been outstanding. I think the commentators hit it on the head though, the Offensive coach needs to get more options for Cutler to dump the ball quicker and now I feel Marshall would have been perfect for that.[/quote']

To be fair, last night the O-line played really well! Chris Williams in particular had a good game, as did Lance Louis. Maybe there's hope for them yet as, although they're by no means as feared as they once were, the Vikings D-line is still pretty good.

Was really pleased with our performance from last night. Cutler managed the ball well, mainly because he was able to stay on his feet for most of the night, being sacked on just the one occasion. Hester kept up his amazing form against the Vikes with two more TDs, a deep strike from Cutler and yet another return, this time from a kick-off. Forte got yet another 100+ yards from scrimmage (pay the man, Jerry!) and even Roy Williams managed to get three catches for 50 yards! But best of all, the defense stepped up to the plate by completely nullifying AP and knocking McNabb out of the game after a series of sacks in the second half.

If we could manage to pick up a win against the Bucs next week at Wembley (where I shall be in attendance! :D), then we'd be right back in the race for a wildcard place - because, let's face it, nobody in the NFC North will knock the Packers off their stride... :/

If we could manage to pick up a win against the Bucs next week at Wembley (where I shall be in attendance! :D)' date=' then we'd be right back in the race for a wildcard place - because, let's face it, nobody in the NFC North will knock the Packers off their stride... :/[/quote']

I will also be there, supporting the Bears!!! I shall be the one crying when they show the scores from elsewhere and Miami are losing 50-0 or something ridiculous.

I have a good feeling about tonight, Daniel Thomas to kill the Jets (if he plays!)